Wonder Woman 1984: The cast talk queer themes in the year’s most anticipated blockbuster event - Deal with it, bigots

Milkis

New feeling of soda beverage
kiwifarms.net
more like WW41 *sad trombone*

Screenshot_2020-12-23_12-53-51.png

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
No theaters are open around me and I am not subscribing to a new streaming service for a sequel.

Sorry, not sorry.

You probably don't even have to. You might have access to it through some other bullshit.

Apparently my parents got a call from ATT last night to let them know they were getting a few months of free HBO and with it they have access to HBO Max. And they even advertised WW84 to them.

Now since my mom enjoyed Wonder Woman, I have to go there tomorrow or on Christmas and figure out how to get them HBO Max access through their satellite account.

Also got an email from Comcast today letting me know that since I am an Xfinity customer I get HBO Max for free as well.

So I'm guessing this is going to be a Disney+ situation where they give out so many free fucking subscriptions that they can claim the viewership was so high that WW84 was a massive success.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Thank God I stopped caring about wonder woman a long time ago...fuck I think even as a kid I didn't care for her and considered her and her storylines the worst part of the justice league cartoon and super friends reruns.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Thank God I stopped caring about wonder woman a long time ago...fuck I think even as a kid I didn't care for her and considered her and her storylines the worst part of the justice league cartoon and super friends reruns.
That's because she started life as a bondage fetishist's fuck fantasy, and eventually had to be converted to a token female superhero. As part of a team of superheroes, she functioned pretty much as The Chick version of Superman and didn't have much going for her besides the Lasso of Truth and the Invisible Plane. Probably the best incarnation of Wonder Woman was the 1970's TV series where she got to be the sole superhero and fight Nazis. This was also during an era when Charlies Angels was popular, so female centered storylines and adventure dramas were all the rage. (Incidentally, the actresses for Charlies Angels had all auditioned to play Diana in Wonder Woman.)

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Best version of Wonder Woman has to be the one from Brave and the Bold.

More cheese than Paris and a completely over the top earnestness.

But personal preference aside, I think WW has great potential as part of the JL ensemble and should be part of the "trinity" but they don't write her well, trying to make her female Superman. IMO, WW and Superman really shouldn't get along. He never kills, is aw-shucks humble and a total boyscout. Whereas WW is a born ruler (literally), a warrior trained from childhood in deadly weapons and warfare. Frankly, there should be a tonne of tension between the two over approach. I would think Superman would respect Wonder Woman but the he would exasperate her.

And yet some people - especially SJW types - just want to make her into "their" Superman. She has the potential to be far, far more. Frankly the trinity should be Batman as intelligence / infiltration, Superman as raw hero-ing save the day stuff and Diana as politics and battle strategy. Then they really would be a "trinity" that complimented each other and you'd see why they worked.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Best version of Wonder Woman has to be the one from Brave and the Bold.

More cheese than Paris and a completely over the top earnestness.

But personal preference aside, I think WW has great potential as part of the JL ensemble and should be part of the "trinity" but they don't write her well, trying to make her female Superman. IMO, WW and Superman really shouldn't get along. He never kills, is aw-shucks humble and a total boyscout. Whereas WW is a born ruler (literally), a warrior trained from childhood in deadly weapons and warfare. Frankly, there should be a tonne of tension between the two over approach. I would think Superman would respect Wonder Woman but the he would exasperate her.

And yet some people - especially SJW types - just want to make her into "their" Superman. She has the potential to be far, far more. Frankly the trinity should be Batman as intelligence / infiltration, Superman as raw hero-ing save the day stuff and Diana as politics and battle strategy. Then they really would be a "trinity" that complimented each other and you'd see why they worked.
It's sad that a lot of comic authors (including Frank Miller) stick Superman and Wonder Woman together as a romantic couple because "they're both superpowered and pretty." IRL, they'd be on the opposite ends of the political/cultural spectrum.

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
I always saw WW as the chick they had to insert so the justice league wouldnt be a bunch of men hanging around making parents think they were homos trying to make their kids gay

Anyway, just here because RLM went to town on this movie and it looks like shit

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
It's sad that a lot of comic authors (including Frank Miller) stick Superman and Wonder Woman together as a romantic couple because "they're both superpowered and pretty." IRL, they'd be on the opposite ends of the political/cultural spectrum.

Superman literally broke ties with Diana because she killed someone in order to free him from a mind control fueled rampage once.

There's no way the two of them would ever be in a relationship.