Woodstock 2019 announced - Because the one 20 years ago was such a success

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Woodstock was a festival of rebellion against the established order of the pre 1960's cultural majority.

What these idiots have failed to realize is the revolution succeeded and now they are the cultural authority, and all the cool kids are rebelling by posting dank hitler memes, talking about how sweet it would be if our boring democracy was a monarchy and showing how they will stick it to mom and second step-dad by getting married, having a job and raising their kids with traditional gender norms

Stock Image Photographer

AaAaAa!
kiwifarms.net
What perplexes me most about this whole thing is his decision to host it in Watkins Glen of all places. For those of you who don't know, Watkins Glen is a tiny town in the middle of fucking nowhere. The closest airport is in Ithaca (a city full of burned-out, aging hippies that will likely go to the upcoming festival in an attempt to relive their glory days), but that aiport is both very tiny and incredibly expensive to fly in and out of. So, if a lot of people come, they'll likely have to come in through Syracuse aiport, which is much farther away. Also, I don't think modern festival goers will be willing to just go into the rural farmlands of western New York, but I'm not the type to go to music festivals so I don't really know. I'm just saying that some of the towns out that way have a real northern "Deliverance" vibe to them.

Glad I couldn't help

Now with edge anime avatar
kiwifarms.net
Woodstock was a festival of rebellion against the established order of the pre 1960's cultural majority.

What these idiots have failed to realize is the revolution succeeded and now they are the cultural authority, and all the cool kids are rebelling by posting dank hitler memes, talking about how sweet it would be if our boring democracy was a monarchy and showing how they will stick it to mom and second step-dad by getting married, having a job and raising their kids with traditional gender norms
I remember an old right-winger once said that, in a book review, that in world dominated by a republic (e.g. the late Hellenistic period with the Roman Republic), monarchy becomes revolutionary.

I guess in world ruled by SJWs and SJW-ism, traditionalism becomes revolutionary as well.

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
kiwifarms.net
Anyone have any guesses of who will perform?

My bets:
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Beyoncé
  • Ariana Grande
  • Janelle Monae
  • U2
  • Lady Gaga
  • Hayley Kiyoko
  • Halsey
  • Queen with Adam Lambert
  • Some random PoC trans singer
  • Some other random singer/musician that fits the minority quota
Note: it depends on how “woke” said singers are and how much they hate Trump. To add to that, they need to be friendly enough to advertisers because it’s going to get very corporate (just like the original Woodstock)

Last edited:

KiwiLedian

I place my anger firmly on other people
kiwifarms.net
What perplexes me most about this whole thing is his decision to host it in Watkins Glen of all places. For those of you who don't know, Watkins Glen is a tiny town in the middle of fucking nowhere. The closest airport is in Ithaca (a city full of burned-out, aging hippies that will likely go to the upcoming festival in an attempt to relive their glory days), but that aiport is both very tiny and incredibly expensive to fly in and out of. So, if a lot of people come, they'll likely have to come in through Syracuse aiport, which is much farther away. Also, I don't think modern festival goers will be willing to just go into the rural farmlands of western New York, but I'm not the type to go to music festivals so I don't really know. I'm just saying that some of the towns out that way have a real northern "Deliverance" vibe to them.
It's more likely people are going to fly in to Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, or even NYC like morons, and drive the way there. The first Woodstock is known in legend having backed up the Thruway, the main way through New York state at the time due to the lack of highways, for the whole of the festival. Including before and after.
Today, it'll probably never come close to that ever again. Charter buses will likely be on hand and there is better infrastructure these days, with the highways that weren't there then like Interstate 86 and Interstate 390. Plus it's unlikely they'll attract as many festival goers as they did back in '69.

tehpope

privacytools.io | prism-break.org
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People who go to Coachella pretty much do this. Indio doesn't really have a good airport and its cheaper to rent a car from LAX or John Wayne and drive to Indio.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Big Festivals are soooooo out. Overpriced and full of event people. after wacken 2016 i made a decision to never pay more than 100€ for a festival ticket again. its not the same anymore. Small local, cheap and mixed music is the way to go. also there are always enough people to exchange weed for my selfmade cider.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
I remember an old right-winger once said that, in a book review, that in world dominated by a republic (e.g. the late Hellenistic period with the Roman Republic), monarchy becomes revolutionary.

I guess in world ruled by SJWs and SJW-ism, traditionalism becomes revolutionary as well.
What becomes revolutionary after that, paganism? Primitive? 12th Century Arabia? Or even further, stone age?

RCO016.jpg

FatFuckFrank

Goddamn Sexual Tyrannosaurus
kiwifarms.net
Who's left of the original Woodstock performers? Carlos Santana?

I mean Hendrix is dead, Janis is dead, who else you gonna get?

I'm pretty sure I read an article where Roger Daltrey's like "fuck that". He apparently wasn't very fond of it the first time (talks about it in his biography).
Santana will go anywhere that has weed

• Optimistic
Reactions: Beavis

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Either you go full nostalgia with it and get all the ageing hippies and folk singers who are still alive to get up and play their old standbys, or you get all the modern club dance shit acts and mumble rappers who the kids actually like these days.

Either way, you're not exactly recapturing the zeitgeist.

The Fool

kiwifarms.net
Either you go full nostalgia with it and get all the ageing hippies and folk singers who are still alive to get up and play their old standbys, or you get all the modern club dance shit acts and mumble rappers who the kids actually like these days.

Either way, you're not exactly recapturing the zeitgeist.
That's just the funny thing about kids these days, they're not going to be assed to go anywhere. You just can't do another Woodstock because nobody gives a shit. Why bother when Twitter is right in front of you?

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, present-offenders and future child rapists have their own Petri Dish event?

Always a fun time to bring the napalm cannisters.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li

Slum Lord of Pallet Town
kiwifarms.net
The only good Woodstock was the original 1969 festival, and that was one of those "lightning in a bottle" scenarios where it just happened organically because it was at the right place and the right time. You couldn't do another Woodstock like that.

Given how much the Millennial SJW's like to hate on the Baby Boomers, you couldn't even play it up as a nostalgia event. At least not if you want it to be political and "woke" like the article is indicating.

I imagine this woke-fest is going to be a bigger disaster than even Woodstock '99.

There might be less fires and riots this time, but I'm telling you it will be a disaster and a disgrace to the original Woodstock.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino