Woodstock 2019 announced - Because the one 20 years ago was such a success

tehpope

privacytools.io | prism-break.org
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Joni Mitchell still alive? 'Course she wasn't even there, despite writing the signature song about the event.

Yeah, Joni is still around. But she had a stroke a few years ago. I don't think she tours anymore.
Who's left of the original Woodstock performers? Carlos Santana?

I mean Hendrix is dead, Janis is dead, who else you gonna get?

I'm pretty sure I read an article where Roger Daltrey's like "fuck that". He apparently wasn't very fond of it the first time (talks about it in his biography).
John Fogerty is still around. They should get Dylan, even though he rejected an invite back in the day. Drag Sly Stone out of his coke slumber. Most of the Grateful Dead are still around and touring. Let them play.

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
John Fogerty is still around. They should get Dylan, even though he rejected an invite back in the day. Drag Sly Stone out of his coke slumber. Most of the Grateful Dead are still around and touring. Let them play.
No love for Sha Na Na? Though TBH I still have no idea WTF they were doing at Woodstock in the first place and nobody who performed at Woodstock is with the current version, I think.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
Woodstock was a festival of rebellion against the established order of the pre 1960's cultural majority.

What these idiots have failed to realize is the revolution succeeded and now they are the cultural authority, and all the cool kids are rebelling by posting dank hitler memes, talking about how sweet it would be if our boring democracy was a monarchy and showing how they will stick it to mom and second step-dad by getting married, having a job and raising their kids with traditional gender norms
*slowly raising a wobbly hand*

HELP! I need an adult! I am literally shaking!

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
The worse scenario if it becomes like Altamont and if a lot of people got killed

I don't know how prevalent acid is, nowadays. Maybe all the kids are just smoking the marreewanna and fentanilz and bath salts and whatnot. But that concert had the best footage of someone tripping hard on acid I've ever seen. I understand exactly what that guy is experiencing, since I've been there tons of times.

Look at 1:55 to 3:25. That guys is tripping on decent volume of pure acid. It makes me get an empathetic high just seeing that.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I suspect it will be a bunch of boomers attending with a smattering of boomer acts and the rest of it full of garbage in order to have it intersectionally diverse. A 70 year old who paid $500 for a Woodstock ‘19 ticket isn’t going to want to listen to Halsey and Tyga in between Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead sets but that’s what they’re going to get.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suspect it will be a bunch of boomers attending with a smattering of boomer acts and the rest of it full of garbage in order to have it intersectionally diverse. A 70 year old who paid $500 for a Woodstock ‘19 ticket isn’t going to want to listen to Halsey and Tyga in between Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead sets but that’s what they’re going to get.
Just look at Glastonbury and Reading and Leeds now (which is what this will probably be like)

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Commander Keen

in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!
kiwifarms.net
Lot of people crapping on Fred Durst, and I’m gonna let you finish, but I went to a Summer Sanitarium show (that tour Metallica used to do) and he stole the show. Whole damn thing was a snooze fest and then Durst comes out and really nails it and I woke up for Metallica. Who promptly put me back to sleep. Worst thing they ever did was quit drinking. Or let Cliff die instead of Lars. Or fire Jason. Or get that weirdo bass player who doesn’t really match tempo. Or sue Napster.

I dunno. Point of the story is Fred Durst can put on a show. 15 years ago and drunk off his ass.

Martys_not_smarty

kiwifarms.net
Who's left of the original Woodstock performers? Carlos Santana?

I mean Hendrix is dead, Janis is dead, who else you gonna get?

I'm pretty sure I read an article where Roger Daltrey's like "fuck that". He apparently wasn't very fond of it the first time (talks about it in his biography).
Only ones I can think of are Crosy, Stills and Nash but they haven't played together in a several years.

• Agree
Reactions: The Shadow

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question...

How much will attendees have to pay for bottled water this time? Ten, twenty bucks a pop?
Every attendee will receive an IV line hooked up to a network of tanker trucks full of Soylent. You can choose which arm it goes in. Please do not cut other attendees' soyfeeds to splice into your own as it is strictly forbidden.

Reactions: JambledUpWords
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino