Words and Phrases that have lost all meaning due to constant misuse -

Murmur

Uncouth Twat
kiwifarms.net
-gate. Anytime something happens it's something-gate. A games journalist gets a blow job? Gamer-gate. Trump gives some ladies an alternative handshake? Pussy-gate. Comic book faggotry? Comics-gate. I drop my beer? Spill-gate. Someone rear ends me in traffic? Whiplash-gate. We just need someone to get stuck in a gate or something and we'll have Gate-gate.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-We3n
-literally (I know it's in OP but it deserves another mention)
-"I could care less" and "irregardless" which doesn't even get tagged as a misspelling here :twisted:
(but it's a good example of making language less descriptive by using words to mean vague or synonymous things instead of their original, well-defined meaning. Now 'decimate' is often used to mean 'destroyed' which, okay, we already have a word for that: destroyed.)

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

UselessRubberKeyboard

Mergin' n' spergin'
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
'feminist'
'lesbian'
'sex worker'

All three generally equal a middle-aged lantern-jawed men in lolita dressup and clownface, much to the ire of middle-aged lantern-jawed women in boilersuits.

'Reach out to'

The word you're looking for is 'contact'. It's a lot more succinct, uses less letters, and doesn't make you sound like a mincing faggot. Use it.

PreferredPenne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
-gate. Anytime something happens it's something-gate. A games journalist gets a blow job? Gamer-gate. Trump gives some ladies an alternative handshake? Pussy-gate. Comic book faggotry? Comics-gate. I drop my beer? Spill-gate. Someone rear ends me in traffic? Whiplash-gate. We just need someone to get stuck in a gate or something and we'll have Gate-gate.
I'm willing to bet that most people don't know why "-gate" is even used anymore.

NARPASSWORD

The furry shemale with the Star Fox avatars
kiwifarms.net
There was a probably a time when "mean spirited" meant something beyond "WAH THIS CARTOON HURT MY FEE FEES!", but it seems to be lost due to Enter and his ilk.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino