Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
THICK SKIN

Official version: The ability to be quite resistent against aggressive emotional attacks. Can be imagined as a spear that fails to pierce the skin of a rhinoceros.

Darksydephil version: The ability to keep secrets which would create harm if revealed.
Note: The ability to pretend to have secrets which would create harm if revealed / Create pity points with fake news / Scam.

Edit:
That is not correct. It is pronounced rain-ear. Like the German name.
The German name Rainer is actually pronounced as "Rai-nar" or often "Rai-na". The first A pronounced like in the Egyptian god "Ra".

Attachments

Last edited:

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
"Optional Items" - anything found in a lootable object

"Let's look up here for optional items"

I have no idea where he got this from. "Optional items". Why? Because you don't need to use them?

Powerlevel, but I can beat Fallout New Vegas with almost nothing but stimpaks. That makes all weapons and armor "optional items".

It just fries my brain to think about this.

Do I go shopping and think, "uh oh! The optional food section! ¡No tortillas for me por favor!"

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
I think this would fit here: I watch a lot of hockey, and one of the favourite things to say about a hot goalie is that they're making great reaction/reactionary saves. I can't escape his exceptional individual words even in the world he hates the most; sports.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I think this would fit here: I watch a lot of hockey, and one of the favourite things to say about a hot goalie is that they're making great reaction/reactionary saves. I can't escape his exceptional individual words even in the world he hates the most; sports.
I tend to have a lot of hockey on in the background and I think you just solved the mystery of why, after a few hours, I suddenly get super pissed off at whatever game is on and have to turn the TV off.

• Feels
Reactions: Heckler1

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
I tend to have a lot of hockey on in the background and I think you just solved the mystery of why, after a few hours, I suddenly get super pissed off at whatever game is on and have to turn the TV off.
You might just be a leafs fan though.

Please remember that we are all -40 IQ children here. Specify that you are talking about ice hockey. Me and many others might get confused.
Does anyone actually think I'd be talking about field hockey?

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I bet someone's already mentioned this but why the hell does he say Morrowind like Marrowind?
It's that New England accent. He can't get rid of it. That inflection that he puts into the end of sentences, where it makes everything sound like a question is a New England thing too - though most New Englanders it's a lot more subtle and doesn't sound as annoying.

Tags
None