Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
It's that New England accent. He can't get rid of it. That inflection that he puts into the end of sentences, where it makes everything sound like a question is a New England thing too - though most New Englanders it's a lot more subtle and doesn't sound as annoying.
I grew up like 30 minutes north of Phil and have no idea what you're talking about. He's literally the only person I've heard talk the way he does. It is not a New England thing, it is something he does.

Same shit goes for how he says frog and golf and all that shit. That's not a New England thing, that's not a Connecticut thing, that's not even a Bridgeport thing. That's a Phil thing.

Kiwifarmsname

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyZUnVv_rs
kiwifarms.net
I grew up like 30 minutes north of Phil and have no idea what you're talking about. He's literally the only person I've heard talk the way he does. It is not a New England thing, it is something he does.

Same shit goes for how he says frog and golf and all that shit. That's not a New England thing, that's not a Connecticut thing, that's not even a Bridgeport thing. That's a Phil thing.
I think its a thing autists do. Or some other form of mental illness like that.

Last edited:

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I remember someone here once remarked that it sounds like has a Massachusetts accent, which might be explained by one or both of his parents being from MA originally.

JimmyHill'sBlarms

YOU HAPPY NAPPA!
kiwifarms.net
It's that New England accent. He can't get rid of it. That inflection that he puts into the end of sentences, where it makes everything sound like a question is a New England thing too - though most New Englanders it's a lot more subtle and doesn't sound as annoying.
Like how he says H@sh Browns, right?

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
He talks like that because he doesnt speak to people

When you interact with people, you hear them pronounce words and a little rubs off on you (happens to everyone). But when youre a hermit, you dont get that feedback. You read it (or hear it on tv) and thats how you develop your speech (or maintain it, everyone maintains their speech every day)

So hes basically that experiment where you lock a kid from birth in a room and see how he naturally develops. Except hes an almost 40 year old man child.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
I love doing what I do! Playing video games is both my hobby and my job!

Hobby - a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation

When asked what games he plays in his free time, Phil says he doesn't. If he played games in his free time he would get burnt out and it wouldn't be fun.

So he doesn't engage in this activity outside of his occupation, and if he did, it would wear him out. The opposite of relaxation.

I propose that according to the definition of "hobby", video games are definitely not Phil's hobby.

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
DSP constantly butchers words and their meanings to appear smart. He uses a bombastic vocabulary (see what I did there Phil?) when it’s completely unnecessary because he’s an adult who owns two homes, although he won’t admit one of them is being foreclosed.

As usual, any trait of Phil is one often used to mask his inherent insecurities. Or in other words: he’s a pussy ass bitch.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
DSP constantly butchers words and their meanings to appear smart. He uses a bombastic vocabulary (see what I did there Phil?) when it’s completely unnecessary because he’s an adult who owns two homes, although he won’t admit one of them is being foreclosed.

As usual, any trait of Phil is one often used to mask his inherent insecurities. Or in other words: he’s a pussy ass bitch.
He does this so much that it just gets annoying than appearing smart in any way to others.

Usually a good speaker just gets to the point with few words as possible, but with Phil he has to feed his ego by throwing a bunch of sayings and word salad at you. This leads to constantly using random shit I do not know about that you have to whip out a dictionary and realize that all of his sentences are full of redundancy like "Punch drunk beat up/dizzy."

Reactions: MoonRocker

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
"From scratch"

Example: PUBG had an update and I had to reinstall the whole game from scratch.

Real meaning: To start from scratch means to begin at the beginning, to restart from the beginning or to start over with no source of aid. The idiom start from scratch comes from sporting events such as cricket, horse racing or boxing which begin with people or animals positioned behind a scratch in the ground

Now technically Phil did have to reinstall the game from the beginning. The reason why I believe he is misusing this phrase is because this is the only possible way you can reinstall something. If you said, "I have to reinstall PUBG" anyone should know you have to install the game again. The "from scratch" is pointless. Would someone be confused and think he only has to reinstall half of the game? Installing only a few files is called an update.

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
He does this so much that it just gets annoying than appearing smart in any way to others.

Usually a good speaker just gets to the point with few words as possible, but with Phil he has to feed his ego by throwing a bunch of sayings and word salad at you. This leads to constantly using random shit I do not know about that you have to whip out a dictionary and realize that all of his sentences are full of redundancy like "Punch drunk beat up/dizzy."
Brevity is the soul of wit. It screams you have no idea what you're saying when you drag out sentences with meaningless adjectives and idioms. Most people learn that saying things in as few words as possible and in the simplest terms usually carries your point a lot better. This fucker thinks that smart people talk like the smart kid in cartoons.

• Agree
Reactions: hauser

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mind numbing - so extreme or intense as to prevent normal thought

Phil said the puzzles in Myst are really mind numbing. I think he meant that as a compliment.
I think he was trying to say that the puzzles were cerebral or otherwise mentally stimulating, but he just latched on to the "mind numbing" phrase and kept repeating over and over in his description of the game.

Tags
None