Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So does anyone know when "da mahdern era" actually began? Was it in 2014 when he moved to the WAkando?

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
So does anyone know when "da mahdern era" actually began? Was it in 2014 when he moved to the WAkando?
PigPigGo currently returns 459 instances of Phil saying 'Modern Era'. The first was December 2011, and then he doesn't say it again for almost a year. After that he starts saying it approximately every month to every other month for most of 2013. In 2014 he says it twice. He says it twice in early 2015 after another year gap, and then after late September 2015 he starts saying it all the fucking time with 435 of the 459 instances occurring after this September 2015 date.

It may have some connection to Phil feeling like a big boy in his serious adult house with his daughter/live-in maid.

From the way he uses the term I have always guessed/interpreted the cutoff point for "the Modern Era" in his mind to coincide with the release of the PS3 in November 2006, i.e. "The Modern Era. . .of gaming".

Really I think it's just Phil's grandiose Narc-speak attempting to embiggem himself by implying that he is an important part of a grand awakening of society towards greatness, and that somehow his thoughts and opinions of it has a significant bearing on it as he is such an important part of the culture because of how white-hot popular he is.
He's just trying to take credit for shit his lazy, drunk, shut-in ass had nothing to do with. He's always saying either "We are moving into the modern era" to take credit for something and indicate his approval and that he's somehow connected to it, or "This is what we are given in the modern era?‽" to place blame and indicate his disapproval and that it wouldn't be in this state if people would just pay attention to him. As if anyone gives a fuck what this retarded boomer thinks about anything.

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PigPigGo currently returns 459 instances of Phil saying 'Modern Era'. The first was December 2011, and then he doesn't say it again for almost a year. After that he starts saying it approximately every month to every other month for most of 2013. In 2014 he says it twice. He says it twice in early 2015 after another year gap, and then after late September 2015 he starts saying it all the fucking time with 435 of the 459 instances occurring after this September 2015 date.

It may have some connection to Phil feeling like a big boy in his serious adult house with his daughter/live-in maid.

From the way he uses the term I have always guessed/interpreted the cutoff point for "the Modern Era" in his mind to coincide with the release of the PS3 in November 2006, i.e. "The Modern Era. . .of gaming".

Really I think it's just Phil's grandiose Narc-speak attempting to embiggem himself by implying that he is an important part of a grand awakening of society towards greatness, and that somehow his thoughts and opinions of it has a significant bearing on it as he is such an important part of the culture because of how white-hot popular he is.
He's just trying to take credit for shit his lazy, drunk, shut-in ass had nothing to do with. He's always saying either "We are moving into the modern era" to take credit for something and indicate his approval and that he's somehow connected to it, or "This is what we are given in the modern era?‽" to place blame and indicate his disapproval and that it wouldn't be in this state if people would just pay attention to him. As if anyone gives a fuck what this retarded boomer thinks about anything.
Big ups to whoever made PigPigGo. I never imagined it would allow people to make such profound insights and analyses of Pigroach Lore as this.

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the New Year's Eve post-Roblox Boomer Segment, someone asks him why he keeps playing sandbox games like Roblox if he hates the lack of structured gameplay and progression.

The Pigroach then proceeds to insist that he loves sandbox games, which he claims are among his favorites. He incorrectly defines sandbox games as any open-world RPG with quests, and he specifically lists GTA, Just Cause, Dark Souls, as examples of sandbox games he likes.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
In the New Year's Eve post-Roblox Boomer Segment, someone asks him why he keeps playing sandbox games like Roblox if he hates the lack of structured gameplay and progression.

The Pigroach then proceeds to insist that he loves sandbox games, which he claims are among his favorites. He incorrectly defines sandbox games as any open-world RPG with quests, and he specifically lists GTA, Just Cause, Dark Souls, as examples of sandbox games he likes.
If he loves sandboxes so much, why does he refuse to scoop Jasper's?

darkwingosonichugorl

kiwifarms.net
My best guess after watching too many PigPigGo clips...

Through 2014, Phil used "modern era" more as a term for older games being updated to the present in the information age. Understandable.

By 2016, "modern era" became a generic synonym of "the present" to Phil.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A pledgee is the person being given a pledge, not the person giving a pledge.

A pledge is someone in the process of joining a fraternal organization or some shit.

He means patron. People who pledge to you on Patreon are PATRONS. Wild concept. I wonder where the name of the site came from.

Toilet Man

You're dumber than you think I think you are
kiwifarms.net
This isn't something he invented nor is it necessarily him misusing it but the way he always says "the month of March" instead of just "March" or "the year of 2019" instead of just "2019" really bugs me for some reason.

It's a classic case of Dave using filler words. Literally NOTHING is lost if you just say "in December" rather than "in the month of December."

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
This isn't something he invented nor is it necessarily him misusing it but the way he always says "the month of March" instead of just "March" or "the year of 2019" instead of just "2019" really bugs me for some reason.

It's a classic case of Dave using filler words. Literally NOTHING is lost if you just say "in December" rather than "in the month of December."
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the way he's thinking of them as filler words. I think it was in this thread, or else the main thread, but I honestly think he thinks when he uses more words or phrases things in a really clunky, awkward way (I.E in the month of-XX- or in the state of-XX-) rather than just saying it simple and clear, that he sounds "smarter". Like he thinks that the way smart kids in cartoons and other kids media speak making you sound smarter to others.

Toilet Man

You're dumber than you think I think you are
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the way he's thinking of them as filler words. I think it was in this thread, or else the main thread, but I honestly think he thinks when he uses more words or phrases things in a really clunky, awkward way (I.E in the month of-XX- or in the state of-XX-) rather than just saying it simple and clear, that he sounds "smarter". Like he thinks that the way smart kids in cartoons and other kids media speak making you sound smarter to others.
Agreed, he's pretty much a pseudo-intellectual in his own way.

Edit:

Guess this needs to go here now.

Shlomo/schlomo = someone with slow reflexes

Last edited:

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
After getting asked by a paypig why he constantly begs when no streamer does this and there it's about gameplay and they still make money, Phil responded this would hurt his income so he can't stop. Then he continued to call this behavior ADVERTISING, every business does this and if you don't understand this you're an idiot.

Just ignore that asking for money has NOTHING to do with advertising. This guy's delusions get crazier by the month.

Edit: Sorry, I ment "advertising". Not "marketing". No clue why the wrong word stuck with me.

Last edited:

ZehnBoat

JUST FUCKING BAM
kiwifarms.net
After getting asked by a paypig why he constantly begs when no streamer does this and there it's about gameplay and they still make money, Phil responded this would hurt his income so he can't stop. Then he continued to call this behavior MARKETING, every business does this and if you don't understand this you're an idiot.

Just ignore that asking for money has NOTHING to do with marketing. This guy's delusions get crazier by the month.
marketing: give us money because we have something you want
phil: give me money because i want money

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

HERE WE GO
kiwifarms.net
goddamn. 30 entire pages of Phil misunderstanding the meaning of words and phrases? if that doesnt speak volumes on how much isolated phil managed to stray from the social reality that exists outside of his paypigs and his letargic wife then i don't know what else does
probably it's just me, but i find that it's come to the point where it went from being funny to legitimately fascinating. i feel like some important conclusions could be made here about what patologically escaping any form of criticism and confrontation does to a human brain
the only person i can think of who can match that level of pure mental exceptionalism is chris chan, and he has the excuse that he is autistic

Xolanite

Caffeinated Idol <3
kiwifarms.net
What primarily bugs me about Phil is his slurring of words, dragging his voice, speaking from his nose instead of his diaphragm, and random inflections. If he cared about how he sounds when recorded, I doubt this thread would exist . He seriously needs speech therapy, but he'd hurt his back going outside dood!

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
"The modern era" is the funniest, and I have to think for a sec every time he says it, as most historians use the phrase "modern era" for anything post 1500 A.D.

Tags
None