Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
I noticed in the Bankruptcy reveal stream, he said that his old office jahb treated him as "a cog in the wheel", when the expression is "a cog in the machine".
a cog ON the wheel
or
a cog on the GEAR
honestly sounds more like being part of a cohesive, efficient team

wheel doesn't have the cold negative connotations that machine has

he probably lifted wheel from "crushed under the wheel" or "grinding wheel"
at this point i don't know if he's accidentally mashing phrases, or he's putting them together on purpose to sound smarter

Preferred Penne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
a cog ON the wheel
or
a cog on the GEAR
honestly sounds more like being part of a cohesive, efficient team

wheel doesn't have the cold negative connotations that machine has

he probably lifted wheel from "crushed under the wheel" or "grinding wheel"
at this point i don't know if he's accidentally mashing phrases, or he's putting them together on purpose to sound smarter
I think he mashed up "cog in the machine" with "spoke on the wheel".

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20200119_181049.jpg

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
Don't know where to fit this but I feel like it fits since it's a mispronunciation.

Kashyyyk.

Ka-shik.

Any Star Wars nerds wanna know how you actually pronounce it?

Fuckin hazmat suits make me think everyone is double posting.

• Feels
Reactions: Nurse Ratchet

DrunkNDoziNDragN

I'm full of life. The water of life.
kiwifarms.net
One I liked recently from the bankruptcy announcement:
"Start over from like, ground zero. Nnnyallright?"
Instead of:
"Start from the ground up" or "start over from square one."
Funny how ground zero is much more accurate for his situation though.

Last edited:

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
Regarding Kobe's death: "Now that he's not longer part of this... plane... of existence."

Fucking asshole. Just say planet like everybody else.

God, his colloquialisms are irritating. Piggy thinks he's so smart because he knows fancy words, sayings, or proverbs but never knows how to use them correctly.

Your stream is full of spergy handicapped children Phil, you're not a weekly book club. There's no need for this kind of vocabulary.

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
Regarding Kobe's death: "Now that he's not longer part of this... plane... of existence."

Fucking asshole. Just say planet like everybody else.

God, his colloquialisms are irritating. Piggy thinks he's so smart because he knows fancy words, sayings, or proverbs but never knows how to use them correctly.

Your stream is full of spergy handicapped children Phil, you're not a weekly book club. There's no need for this kind of vocabulary.
to be fair "plane of existence" is a way of saying the bad news softly
but, phil, his family ain't watching your stream, you can be a bit more blunt

DukeMorty

Just Here For The Ride
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a starwars fan but I always thought it was kah-shiek.
Star Wars fan here and yes its kah-shiek. For some reason he thinks its kah-shick because in Jedi Fallen Order they apparently said it that way. Now i havent scrubbed through all cutscenes but they pronounce it kah-shiek.

Why does he think JFO said kah-shick? Well, he is an alcoholic so his gin brain could be messing with his memory and thinks its kah-shick. Also maybe his ears are going bad and can't hear very well. Whatever the case is it's kah-shiek, JFO doesnt say kah-shick, and the pigroachs brain is melting from age and gin.

Tags
None