Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

Schmeckel

Silver Shamrock
kiwifarms.net
Regarding Kobe's death: "Now that he's not longer part of this... plane... of existence."

Fucking asshole. Just say planet like everybody else.

God, his colloquialisms are irritating. Piggy thinks he's so smart because he knows fancy words, sayings, or proverbs but never knows how to use them correctly.

Your stream is full of spergy handicapped children Phil, you're not a weekly book club. There's no need for this kind of vocabulary.
Phil's usage of some sayings and idioms is amusing with how he fucks them up. He stumbles through them the same way that George Bush did. Phil would start off by saying "A rolling stone is.... Worth two in the bush!" and then go off on a 20 minute tangent explaining that on the mean streets of Connecticut, that saying had some weight to it. Followed by LIMBs as people in his chat ride his ass over it.

hauser

kiwifarms.net
"<obvious stuff that just happened in the game on stream, transcribed by pigroach>, you see that?" - "I have nothing to fill all this dead air with, so I am going to hope that phrase caught your attention, and that you aren't falling asleep"

Reactions: The Last Stand

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
I'm not a native english speaker so this may sound dumb, but does he sound extremly ret@arded when he uses ''very matter of factly'' every 30 seconds?
no being a native speaker really doesn't help much here, dsp just really loves to frequently use phrases to the point of exhaustion

Frogga

🐸
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a native english speaker so this may sound dumb, but does he sound extremly ret@arded when he uses ''very matter of factly'' every 30 seconds?
He does this with a bunch of similar phrases.

“Matter of fact”, “the truth of the matter is”, “I’m just being honest”, “honestly”, etc.

He has to constantly remind you that he’s being honest because that’s what actual honest and truthful people do...

JMR

kiwifarms.net
Don't know where to fit this but I feel like it fits since it's a mispronunciation.

Kashyyyk.

Ka-shik.

Any Star Wars nerds wanna know how you actually pronounce it
The mispronunciations really hurt. Like you dont even get half credit for word choice.

During that KOTR playthrough, Phil showed he knows the word usurp or at least how it's used. But he didn't say it right ("ooo-surp"), even repeating his interpretation. (PigPigGo shows he's been exposed to the word and the correct pronunciation a few times.)

Another Star Wars-related one: Dagobah. Phil used to pronounce it normally, which is expected as he's said he's most familiar with and prefers the original trilogy. (He would even reference a relevant part of an old viral Star Wars parody song.)

But time passed and now he pronounces it DOGobah or DAH-go-bah, like in the clip below from Battlefront and recently during KOTR.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
The mispronunciations really hurt. Like you dont even get half credit for word choice.

During that KOTR playthrough, Phil showed he knows the word usurp or at least how it's used. But he didn't say it right ("ooo-surp"), even repeating his interpretation. (PigPigGo shows he's been exposed to the word and the correct pronunciation a few times.)
View attachment 1165118

Another Star Wars-related one: Dagobah. Phil used to pronounce it normally, which is expected as he's said he's most familiar with and prefers the original trilogy. (He would even reference a relevant part of an old viral Star Wars parody song.)

But time passed and now he pronounces it DOGobah or DAH-go-bah, like in the clip below from Battlefront and recently during KOTR.
View attachment 1165115
Isn’t a Dago Bar an Italian pub?

Reactions: Synth and millais
Tags
None