Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Mummy: The Resurrection

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Demon: The Fallen

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
So the Tzimisce went from stylish Eastern-European Dracula-wannabes with a body horror theme to... that.

I have no words, so a meme will do.

massacred.jpg

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
Absolute trash. These decisions are pure fucking retardation. Just make them their own disciplines for fucks sake. Nobody is going to fucking use these amalgams. JFC.

EDIT:
Also what they did to mage as well. The 5th editions are such a mess. Also great post on the onyx path forums calling them washed up writers who can't write pulp. Which is true

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
On one hand it's nice to see Tzmisce art which isnt gribbly tentacles and a big pile of gore on the other hand I'm really begining to hate the 2020 vogue lineup style they keep using.

View attachment 1798157

White wolf art has never been top tier but they've really gone to shit with this edition.

It should be noted those are concept art from the WoD MMO that were reused. Because some WW penny skinflint didn't want to shell out for new art.

Whatever they do when they make a new Mage the Ascension it's going to be terrible.

You can't square modern progressivism with mage, like how the fuck do you do it? 'Here's a game about radically different worldviews and perspectives all cooperating against a tyrannical and dominant ideological organization that demands absolute allegiance to its own worldview'.

You turn wokeness into a tool of the Technocratic Union. Progressives are taught to only believe in progressivism, social media platforms and news media outlets uses it as an excuse to censor and suppress the spread of information, a loyal base that will mindlessly believe whatever propaganda the powers that be wants to spread is cultivated. Corporations use it to pander as it's the morality of the day. The Union is right at its back, propping it up.

But instead of course they'll try to inject modern progressivism into the side of the traditions. After all, two and a half decades ago, old wod contained actual progressive themes. The fact that any progressive trad mage from the 90s would be aghast at what's become of progressivism likely won't even enter their minds.

In something like vampire it'd be possible to sidestep the issue entirely if you wanted to, but Mage is about your beliefs and values, can't avoid it.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
Whatever they do when they make a new Mage the Ascension it's going to be terrible.

You can't square modern progressivism with mage, like how the fuck do you do it? 'Here's a game about radically different worldviews and perspectives all cooperating against a tyrannical and dominant ideological organization that demands absolute allegiance to its own worldview'.

You turn wokeness into a tool of the Technocratic Union. Progressives are taught to only believe in progressivism, social media platforms and news media outlets uses it as an excuse to censor and suppress the spread of information, a loyal base that will mindlessly believe whatever propaganda the powers that be wants to spread is cultivated. Corporations use it to pander as it's the morality of the day. The Union is right at its back, propping it up.

But instead of course they'll try to inject modern progressivism into the side of the traditions. After all, two and a half decades ago, old wod contained actual progressive themes. The fact that any progressive trad mage from the 90s would be aghast at what's become of progressivism likely won't even enter their minds.

In something like vampire it'd be possible to sidestep the issue entirely if you wanted to, but Mage is about your beliefs and values, can't avoid it.
They just don't want to admit that "woke" is now corporate, mainstream and increasingly enforced. These people have a psychological and ideological need to think they're underdogs, otherwise their entire worldview collapses. And so anything that stands in their path needs to be paved over.

You can't fight the Paradigm if you are an agent of that same Paradigm.

They just don't want to admit that "woke" is now corporate, mainstream and increasingly enforced. These people have a psychological and ideological need to think they're underdogs, otherwise their entire worldview collapses. And so anything that stands in their path needs to be paved over.

You can't fight the Paradigm if you are an agent of that same Paradigm.
They are going to turn the traditions into modern "witchers". You know: new age-wicca amalgamn 16 yo tiktokers love nowdays.

Surprised nobody seemed to notice that new vampire drawing was holding a bloody eviction notice. No doubt served by a probably-fascist landlord who got what was coming to him!

Tactical Wizard

Explosiomancer

They already f Di I’d that when they released the revised era technocracy splatbooks that didn’t make it out of the gate. The NWO had a college of gender studies, I shit you not...

The irony is lost on them.

Popping in to share the only Vampire LARP story I have firsthand. I'll have to ask my friends who were more into LARP than me if they have better ones.

Back in my gaming convention days, you'd always find a contingent of Vampire LARPers. You couldn't always pick out the people playing the LARP, however, since the Venn diagram of goths and gamer geeks is practically a circle. Even this wouldn't be totally noteworthy, except that in between all the other people at the conventions doing con stuff, the Vampire LARPers would need to distinguish themselves from vampire cosplayers and show they were playing a game instead of just... being goths, or something. Mainly, game actions were done through hand signals, and two arms crossed over your chest in an X meant you were invisible (Obfuscate). Now, my first con I went to, I had never played Vampire, barely knew LARPing was a thing, so when this was pointed out to a friend and I, we spent our weekend going out of our way to bump into the guys doing this and very loudly saying "Oh sorry, I didn't see you there!" There was much huffing, sighing, and mutters of Masquerade violations in our wake.

Titan Lithos

Classic Rock
So, just exactly how "woke" is the Onyx Path crowd compared to the original White Wolf crew, and any periphery company? I ask this because I've been hanging out in the various Discord groups, trying to find any info on Werewolf 5e.

The Onyx Path group actively censors the words "Wendigo", and they remind people to now use "Younger Brother" and "Older Brother". You can probably tell the trannies who say "Younger sibling".

1609317740617.png

Is it getting that bad everywhere?

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
So, just exactly how "woke" is the Onyx Path crowd compared to the original White Wolf crew, and any periphery company? I ask this because I've been hanging out in the various Discord groups, trying to find any info on Werewolf 5e.

The Onyx Path group actively censors the words "Wendigo", and they remind people to now use "Younger Brother" and "Older Brother". You can probably tell the trannies who say "Younger sibling".

View attachment 1817682

The fuck is inappropriate with the word Wendigo? Fuck this. If they're gonna side step all the native stuff for muh colonialism white guilt and stuff fuck this edition. It's already doomed. I also imagine they're gonna try and put less emphasis on how based werewolves are. Because gaaaaayssss. Ten thousand dollars they're gonna start including tranny Furies and gifts to change gender that are permanent and not just man skin. They allow metis males but never in a thousand years would they allow a true male especially considering their decades of culling male true.

But this complaining about BF isn't new. This classic sperging from 2016 shows its already begun and poor troons were crying about an all female tribe for ages...Which is hilarious to me. Since again, a female only thing is cried about by woke left men who call themselves feminist for not accepting men who think they have dominion over the space of women just because they say so. The irony of it is just...astounding. I don't even like Furies all that much as a tribe but they at least have a hard line stance that flavours them and they are uniquely female in the very least.

Onyx Path discord is full of trannies though. So that tells you something. W5 is probably going to be bad honestly. I was semi interested but this development of censoring a word for being 'bad' is red flag one.

View attachment 1817682

Reading through this thread right now White Wolf were annoying years before all this crap nowadays and now your telling me there is something worse?

Syaoran Li

Prime Minister of Ireland
True & Honest Fan

View attachment 1817682

Onyx Path is actively worse than White Wolf in every way

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
Wait, what the fuck is going on with Werewolf? I have a soft spot for WoD thanks to VtMB (that and Vampire was my first TTRPG), so anyone mind sharing more info?

God only know what the mechanics are going to be like in werewolf considering V5 is a bloated mess. I mean they spent twenty pages on feeding and one bad hunger rolls wrecks the game. How the fuck are they going to deal with war form?

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
nWoD still superior because of how moldable it is. Just mod the old clans in and wipe your hands and call it a day. The hunger system is lol because it turns vampire into a blood management strategy game. I don't know how there aren't hundreds of rampaging vamps around. It was so dumb. Yeah, feeding was an afterthought in the other systems but you don't go in the opposite direction and slam on the gad.

Titan Lithos

Classic Rock
The fuck is inappropriate with the word Wendigo?
So, digging around, there's a couple explanations on this. These are just the explanations I've found.

1. Wendigo is used as a derogative for mentally-ill people. Or was. Windigo Pychosis may or may not have been an actual thing, despite the APA having it in their dictionary. Still, crazy cannibal mental illness defining natives now used to describe native werewolves.

An indigenous writer by the name of J. F. Sambrano was on the staff with Hunters Entertainment for W5, but he is no longer on the staff with Paradox making everything in house. Sambrano is "consulting", if I recall correctly. Here are his thoughts on the issue.

2. Lovecraft using the word. Lovecraft is racist, ergo, we shouldn't use Wendigo there, too.

I dunno. I don't mind names being changed to "generic English epithets that are easily translateable across all languages". Like Shadow Lords, Silver Fangs, etc. But apparently Wendigo is seen by... some natives as an "n-word" equivalent, that they type up "W******", or "W*ndigo" on Discord and Forums. But I expect whatever decision they make will cause a shitstorm, and I'll be there with popcorn.

I think LGB stuff is fine for characters to explore drama and have something interesting, so long as there's consequences. But it seems like they want everything to go in a Cartoon Network, Steven Universe hand-holding way. I expect CalArts werewolf pictures in the near future.
1609367960874.png

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
nWoD still superior because of how moldable it is. Just mod the old clans in and wipe your hands and call it a day. The hunger system is lol because it turns vampire into a blood management strategy game. I don't know how there aren't hundreds of rampaging vamps around. It was so dumb. Yeah, feeding was an afterthought in the other systems but you don't go in the opposite direction and slam on the gad.
I agree. Mechanically, nWoD wipes the floor with oWoD.