World of Warcraft: We Wuz Pirates An Sheit -

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Its really remarkable how beautifully designed the Timeless Isle was compared to Mechagon. The Timeless Isle had a flow to it and you always knew where you were and where you were going. On Mechagon I'm constantly hitting "m" because all the fucking trash piles look alike and there's no thoughtfulness to the layout.

Honestly, I'm just sick of running into shit on the ground when I'm running around BfA zones. A year into the expac and I still can't reliably clear the bridge jump in Boralus. Its like they designed everything to be as annoying as possible to navigate.
It's a completely different system but even the late-expansion isle system like Timeless Isle and Argus got their ass handed to them by XIV's Eureka. It's basically a minigame with its own level system in which you grind rares, watch out for WQs etc, while gaining levels and upgrades to your gear which takes quite a while. This both gives you prestige, as well as dropping toys and mounts the further into it you get. There's 3 isles, and by the end you both make clout and money from just running around. It's no Timeless pvp, but compared to these shitty WQ islands they keep shitting out, it's paradise.

XIV is about to launch a heavily marketed expansion, and my friend just resubbed to WoW. He could play an hour or two before he was gated out of content. That's how they decide to combat their first real competition in XIV, who just advertised with several ads on level with Mr T from WotLK; Times Square billboards; Tom Holland TV commercials. It's almost laughable, and they might actually be on a decline thanks to the japs who treat their community equality shitty, but treat them nonetheless.

The new expansion is quite literally a new dimension. They rename all the races and lead to an alternate reality, yet their reason for not making male bunnies an option was "lore". They also just copy-paste an existing race and put an animal mask on: Bam, 'hrothgar'. There's the same huge content droughts, and they got absolutely terrible communication. But hey, they're the underdog and Ion is already crying through his emotionless eyes as Dev makes an even idiot out of himself each Q&A. I really hope Blizzard just dies, or goes Hail Mary and produces some weird Diablo or Starcraft game, but alas. More Overwatch. :biggrin:

DanteAlighieri

Anti authoritarian asshole asshole
kiwifarms.net
I like how Guild Wars 2 does end game content and expansions, by keeping the level the same but adding other forms of progression like elite specializations and masteries. There's no treadmill of gear, and they add a few new stat combinations with each expansion that require different gathering materials to acquire.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got my Cutting Edge last night. Apparently even with all the essences and free 425s from Nazj and additional neck levels we still managed to squeak into top 2000 guilds world in a 4 hour a week raiding guild. Feels good man. Little over 200 pulls.

I'm pretty happy with this patch so far, essences (at least the ones that aren't garbage) are a breath of fresh air. I can actually be useful on trash as a moonkin now in M+ with Purification Beam or take Focus to boost my astral power gains in BGs so I can burst healers and tanks hard with full mobility. Looking forward to getting visions in a week and see how high the uptime on my incarnation gets. Also getting flying today will be nice, but I will kind of miss running around on the ground abusing those Coral Buds. Nazj is a really pretty zone, and Mechagon has sort of grown on me even though it's a lazy Timeless Isle.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I completed the Operation: Mechagon mythic dungeon on Tuesday with some guildies. It was difficult without being too complex or frustrating. There was tons of trash everywhere, but most of it can be skipped. With maybe two exceptions*, all the bosses were fun and had cool mechanics. I really wish the design philosophy behind Mechagon was applied to raids because 'Simple but Challenging' is a lot of fun.

*the groundskeeper robot was just aoe spam and I wasn't happy with Aerial Unit's dps check.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
I completed the Operation: Mechagon mythic dungeon on Tuesday with some guildies. It was difficult without being too complex or frustrating. There was tons of trash everywhere, but most of it can be skipped. With maybe two exceptions*, all the bosses were fun and had cool mechanics. I really wish the design philosophy behind Mechagon was applied to raids because 'Simple but Challenging' is a lot of fun.

*the groundskeeper robot was just aoe spam and I wasn't happy with Aerial Unit's dps check.
I found it amusing that Naeno and Trixie fight was harder than the final boss. I've been progressing through Eternal Palace and its pretty cool.

Smug Chuckler

Rape Joke Man
kiwifarms.net
About the last fight in the raid...

The fight with Azshara was exceptional plotwise, here we are fighting with our new fwend the last boss of the last raid that can create blizzards and icebergs at will and she is doing nothing as Azshara tells us that it is a trap and it is part of her entire plan to rule the world. Hey Jaina you dumb cunt, why don't you just turn the water around us into ice suffocating Aszhara and her goons and create a portal to get out?

Last edited:

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much everything after Cata was/is terrible (And honestly thats generous) You can Tell by the time they got to Panda-land they're running out of ideas. People remember Pandaria fondly but I honestly found it boring and forgettable. Eventually all the ideas run out and so you resort to a garbage time travel plot that ruins everything and plays like a facebook game. Then you ruin it even worse by failing to correct the actual problem and so streamlined the facebook game alongside everything else.

Also taking away flying was a big mistake. You cant put the genie back in the bottle blizzard. All you ended up doing was irritating me because now I have to deal with garbage zone design where the path of least resistance is a five minute detour around a mountain or some bullshit. Typically when other MMO type games include lots of verticality they expect you to interact with it in meaningful ways. GW2 has gliders and mounts and a whole host of various pickups, interactions, and things that make navigating their more dense and vertical-space-heavy zones manageable. Wow just says "Grind our game so you don't have to deal with our poor design choices!"

It really says a lot that the only thing they could think of was to take away use of something I already had just so they can give it back to me after having "Earned it"

Last edited:

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
About the last fight in the raid...

The fight with Azshara was exceptional plotwise, here we are fighting our new fwend the last boss of the last raid that can create blizzards and icebergs at will and she is doing nothing as Azshara tells us that it is the trap and it is part of her entire plan to rule the world. Hey Jaina you dumb cunt, why don't you just turn the water around us into ice suffocating Aszhara and her goons and create a portal to get out?
I'm hoping on mythic she just goes bored now and slaughters us all,,,,,
I mean everyone says Sylvanas is insane, but I still remember that awesome quest where Jaina had me help her slaughter the Sunreavers in Dalaran that I don't think new people get.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm hoping on mythic she just goes bored now and slaughters us all,,,,,
I mean everyone says Sylvanas is insane, but I still remember that awesome quest where Jaina had me help her slaughter the Sunreavers in Dalaran that I don't think new people get.
Or the end of that questline where she takes the Focusing McGuffin and uses it to create a tsunami elemental she threatens to fuck Ogrimmar off the surface of Azeroth with until Green Jesus comes out of retirement to talk her down.

Speaking of Sylvanas being insane, I ran across this thread recently, it basically argues that if Sylvanas stopped doing Saturday morning cartoon villain shit and actually explained herself she'd appear entirely rational.

• Agree
Reactions: Smug Chuckler

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Sylvanas being insane, I ran across this thread recently, it basically argues that if Sylvanas stopped doing Saturday morning cartoon villain shit and actually explained herself she'd appear entirely rational.
Quiet, you alliance cuck. I didn't elect a crazed zombie woman warchief to have a leader with tact and diplomacy. Fuck the night elfs. Fuck their gay tree. Fuck your child king. Fuck Theramore. We will burn all your citizens and turn your citizens to ash. Those few who survive will join the forsaken in eternal servitude to Queen Sylvanas.

FOR THE HORDE!

Smug Chuckler

Rape Joke Man
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much everything after Cata was/is terrible (And honestly thats generous) You can Tell by the time they got to Panda-land they're running out of ideas. People remember Pandaria fondly but I honestly found it boring and forgettable. Eventually all the ideas run out and so you resort to a garbage time travel plot that ruins everything and plays like a facebook game. Then you ruin it even worse by failing to correct the actual problem and so streamlined the facebook game alongside everything else.
To be honest, pretty much of the story is terrible even in BC and WotlK, They retconned llidan to be a supervillain that enslaves the local populace to do his bidding, Legion retconned him again to be a hero. Arthas was pretty much a cartoon villain that after you defeat one of his henchmen, he would step out of a portal, tell us "You may have saved the day hero but I will win in the end!" and go back into the portal, but but this was all part of an autistic plot to create an elite task force to take over the world and if he gets killed, his minions would go crazy and do even more bad stuff than he is capable of being alive so we need a successor to him for a future story (Also what happened to Ner'zhul?), it didn't help that his voice reminded me of Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget. Deathwing was a total pushover, he destroyed Stormwind and the first thing he did is to hide until the last tier where all he did was flying around like a dumbass. Garrosh was morally grey in Cata but became Hitler in MoP.

Also taking away flying was a big mistake. You cant put the genie back in the bottle blizzard. All you ended up doing was irritating me because now I have to deal with garbage zone design where the path of least resistance is a five minute detour around a mountain or some bullshit. Typically when other MMO type games include lots of verticality they expect you to interact with it in meaningful ways. GW2 has gliders and mounts and a whole host of various pickups, interactions, and things that make navigating their more dense and vertical-space-heavy zones manageable. Wow just says "Grind our game so you don't have to deal with our poor design choices!"
I think it is intentionally designed that way to sell more WoW tokens, I find it fishy that they didn't do anything about flying until they introduced the WoW token. Every time flying is prohibited in the new zones, demand for herbs and ores would rise and they are comparably more expensive since they are harder to acquire without flying, people would rather buy tokens to get fast gold than to farm it themselves or having to resort to using an alt if they don't have the professions on their main. Similar reason why I'm wary of the level squish is that they know leveling is shit because people are buying level boosts, instead they are going to do a band-aid fix while buffing the required xp to level and play dumb for a year before fixing it. I don't buy that they are going to do it for new players, the game is on the decline and Actiblizzard despite having competition from FFXIV and Elder Scrolls Online are not going to spend money to save an old game if they can make more mobile games and would rather tard cum their paypig veteran players instead.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quiet, you alliance cuck. I didn't elect a crazed zombie woman warchief to have a leader with tact and diplomacy. Fuck the night elfs. Fuck their gay tree. Fuck your child king. Fuck Theramore. We will burn all your citizens and turn your citizens to ash. Those few who survive will join the forsaken in eternal servitude to Queen Sylvanas.

FOR THE HORDE!
Technically I'm a troll nationalist fighting against our (((elvish))) leadership, but the storyline moved past me because Baine/Saurfang/probably Thrall are irredeemable faggots at this point.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino