World of Warcraft -

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
TFW, you raid with Joe Biden.

View attachment 1302789
To me I see it as, "Oh grow the fuck up you overly sensitive twat". There's no "respectable distance" for your dumb pixels in a video game.

Well that was done Pre-WOW and the plot had played out it's use by the end of Warcraft 2. You had the ultimate battle where Lothar and Ogrim beat the hell out of each other. Or do you want Warcraft as a franchise to be the fucking Walking Dead where nothing new ever happens
Warhammer Fantasy seemed to be doing alright with this concept until Age of Sigmar came along. To be fair though, they kinda cornered the market on Orc savagery and faction wars too, so Warcraft's decision to follow grand scale events that unified both sides was something that made it distinct at the time. It was only after they did it several times yet still tried to sell faction conflict that the idea overstayed its welcome.

Last edited:
Warhammer Fantasy seemed to be doing alright with this concept
Warhammer is a distinctly different setting with a different vibe, you don't have the same plot recycle of "Badguy Starts shit, gets BTFO" because the setting is eternal warfare, nobody starts shit because shit never ends. At the end of WC2 The Orcs were broken, twice by the time the expansion ended.

Warcraft started as Orcs Bad/Humans good, You can only have that plot for so long before it gets tired, hell we got exactly what "Orcs continuing to be evil." would look like in Cataclysm and BFA and it was easily the worst part of the plot both times, and I say that as someone who hates the Old God plot line, N'zoth going for two major titan facilities that we had encountered earlier was at least cool writing in the sense of "Hey remember these existed? Well the bad guy who wants to reform the world to his vision goes after them because they can reform the world."

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Warcraft started as Orcs Bad/Humans good, You can only have that plot for so long before it gets tired, hell we got exactly what "Orcs continuing to be evil." would look like in Cataclysm and BFA and it was easily the worst part of the plot both times, and I say that as someone who hates the Old God plot line, N'zoth going for two major titan facilities that we had encountered earlier was at least cool writing in the sense of "Hey remember these existed? Well the bad guy who wants to reform the world to his vision goes after them because they can reform the world."
I wouldn't necessarily say that it gets tiresome, but if you plan a long-running series of such a thing you'll eventually run your head into a wall with convoluted engagements that don't live up to the previous conflicts. That's not to say that Warcraft 3 wasn't clever in adding Undead and Night Elves to the mix - it was a great move at the time.

The "Orcs continuing to be evil" plotline was an issue because they had already spent all this time trying to say that they weren't a problem, and roped their playerbase along with that impression. If they had stayed as brutal adversaries from the beginning it might have been better received, but you don't just join hands in friendship to deal with a common evil a bunch of times only to say, "yeah you hate each other again now get fighting" at the drop of a hat; it's deceptive and lacks proper motivation. At that point Blizzard could write all the garbo fluff they want, but the community had already made up its own mind as to their character's choices.

roped their playerbase along with that impression
Except that it was a (minority) of the player base wanting them to..and I quote "put the WAR back in WAR craft" who were reeing about wanting the Orcs go back to their "Roots" as the bad guys, it was a Knee jerk choice made by people who aren't around anymore who saw a small group of people on the forums wanting to be the "badguys" who had never actually played the RTS for context.

The WC1-2 Horde were not "Savage Warrior Brutes." they were Demon Summoning Assholes, Orgrim didn't overthrow Blackhand because Blackhand was evil, he overthrew Blackhand because Blackhand was Gul'dan's bitch who didn't know what the fuck he was doing when Gul'dan was out of commission.

Night Elves to the mix
Night Elves get the #savage crap too sometimes, people act like Night Elves were the Warhammer Wood Elves before They Joined the Alliance and forget the Context of "Grommash Hellscream rolling up into their forest and starting to hack down trees." and instead of "Oh shit these trees are inhabited by people..lets call Thrall up and have him handle this, it is above my pay grade." he killed their god.

but the community had already made up its own mind as to their character's choices.
And that is the big thing, you had 3 expansions of Horde players being told they were the good guys, and then they suddenly became the bad guys and that Sylvanas doesn't care about the Forsaken (Though if you look at her backstory..this wasn't a hard guess to make in retrospect)

Dopey Cunt

Death by SNU SNU.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
WoW is enjoyable if you ignore 99% of it and just have a chill time leveling through zones and enjoying the environments and sidequests. I started playing recently just to try it out as a break from FF14 while I wait for the new patch and it was nice and relaxing. I did a dungeon with some randoms and we had a ton of fun just telling dad jokes the whole time while we did the dungeon nice and leisurely like.

Grand Wizard Wakka

kiwifarms.net
they were Demon Summoning Assholes
As a Warlock I don't see anything wrong with that...

Its so sad we didn't go to some alternate alternate timeline to recruit another Gul'dan to be the new Warchief. He would have made the Horde green again. Fingers crossed for that plot in the future.

Also, Sylvanas is proof of why women and non-Orcs should never be Warchief.

Reactions: amieth

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate how much of the story is told through mediums that aren't the fucking game. Because I'm totally going to buy books that will get retconned in a year anyway, with shitty fanfic tier writing and an autistic storyline that uses the most overdone and basic fantasy tropes ever.

Though the goblin/gnome anachronisms are the funniest shit ever, I think if the cartoon aesthetic was ever dumped it could be pretty amazing stuff.

Radiant Orchit

kiwifarms.net
It's nice of them to publish elf romance fanfic for the wamenz. Got to keep putting out that content that engages us (rather than a decent plot - something more interesting than the tired old Horde v Alliance fall-out every other xpac, or decent looking allied races)

Gravityqueen4life

Red Apple yumyum
kiwifarms.net
thats what the game needs, more romance novels only a 13 year old girl or a female adult with no romantic experience could ever love THAT. they really need to stop tying up the story in games with novels but WOW story has always been shit so, whatever. makes them more money i guess.

Last edited:
Tags
None