World of Warcraft -

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Anecdotally, I can confirm that every leveling experience I have ever had as moonkin goes from tagging everything within 46 yards and kiting to me reaching level cap and needing to spec into treants just in case I pull two mobs at the same time while soloing my dailies. Usually, this is a caster thing and not a melee thing though.
No it's a melee thing too - I played primarily melee characters and the feeling was incredibly bad.

DPS Warriors, for example, would frequently have/lose vital talents and gear tied to resource generation - meaning that your ability to generate your resource was constantly an issue. It was very common to be rage starved because of bad design - meaning you would just be auto attacking for 4+ seconds and hoping that something happens that gives you rage so you can do something.

It was so common that people would strongly recommend not leveling with fury and not playing it until you were (MAX LEVEL) and had (DECENT GEAR). I don't know if that's the case in 2020 but it was the case from 2004-2018.

View attachment 1454010

people who play MMO want this.
Holy shit it's a 7 year old joke, this is awful even by WoW standards. Do you have to do the harlem shake to unlock this content?

• Informative
Reactions: Smug Chuckler

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No it's a melee thing too - I played primarily melee characters and the feeling was incredibly bad.

DPS Warriors, for example, would frequently have/lose vital talents and gear tied to resource generation - meaning that your ability to generate your resource was constantly an issue. It was very common to be rage starved because of bad design - meaning you would just be auto attacking for 4+ seconds and hoping that something happens that gives you rage so you can do something.

It was so common that people would strongly recommend not leveling with fury and not playing it until you were (MAX LEVEL) and had (DECENT GEAR). I don't know if that's the case in 2020 but it was the case from 2004-2018.
I'm not sure about fury specifically but it usually checks out. I know that for druid in Legion it felt much better to swap to feral for leveling after scaling kicked in and in BFA I did guardian. Generally the argument is that melee have better defensives, movement abilities, on demand burst, self healing and instant CC. Chain pulling as DPS DK/Havoc/Windwalker/Warrior is a breeze because they get health back every time they murder a zherva. It doesn't always work out (Enhance is less tanky then Elemental because no shield for almost no benefit other then a dash, for example) but it's generally true.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
They made Whirlwind cost no rage and no CD in Legion IIRC, so now you had a button to push at all times. Riveting, I know. Don't really remember if it needed a talent, but I do remember having to spam WW constantly for max DPS during BFA.

Gravityqueen4life

Red Apple yumyum
kiwifarms.net
on my server, top alliance and horde guilds have made a pact to share the hives between themselves. those that arent part of the pact get hunted down and killed.

you would think its against the rules but no one has been banned as far as i know.

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
My friend got me into WoW at the tail end of Wrath, and I played fairly regularly up until the beginning of BfA. It was a combination of multiple things that finally killed my interest in the game altogether.

I was no stranger to the typical beginning-of-expansion "you used to hit like a freight train, now you're getting torn to shreds by a single mob" experience, even when it was mitigated by my decent raid gear. But the Legion-to-BfA nerf was horrendous. The removal of artifact traits and levels was bad enough, but then they added Legiondaries crapping out on you five levels later, taking away the last of the good parts of your toolkit (since tier sets would also need to be replaced about that time). My spec wasn't rebalanced with the lack of artifact traits in mind, so I ended up hitting everything like a wet noodle. It was miserable. Azerite armor was a fucking joke, and whoever came up with it should probably not work in game design ever again.

Then there was the story. I hated every single attempt to bring back the faction conflict, and BfA's was by far the dumbest. Coming right off the defeat of the Burning Legion, after Sargeras fucking stabbed the planet with a giant sword, the best thing for everyone to do is go to fucking war with each other as the planet starts to die underneath their feet. Fucking retarded. And of course this was all dindu nuffin Sylvanas's fault, and now she's fucked off to WoW hell to do more ludicrously evil shit that her simps will continue to defend. You'd think after the dozenth world-ending threat that the Alliance and Horde would decide to bury the hatchet just in case there was another one on the horizon, but nope, they're led by complete morons.

What really sealed the deal was the complete lack of anything new. Sure, you were going to new places and encountering new things to fight and befriend, but in the end, it was the same core systems that had gone pretty much unchanged for years. World quests, dungeons, another mission table - same shit, different day. Island expeditions were the only relatively new activity, but they were a joke. They didn't have warzones active at launch, and I quit before they started, so I have no idea if they were good (though I have my doubts). Not even finally getting to explore Zandalar and Kul Tiras made up for the lack of anything engaging to do. And having to grind out flight for the third expansion in a row instead of just forking over some gold and being done with it was so stupid.

I paid for a month's game time during the fifteenth anniversary just to play through that content and get the Deathwing mount. Once I realized that nothing had changed with my spec and it was still as garbage as it had been when I left previously, I knew I wasn't coming back. Judging from the Shadowlands previews I've seen, I think I made the right call.

tl;dr: fuck Blizzard, they can't die soon enough

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
My friend got me into WoW at the tail end of Wrath, and I played fairly regularly up until the beginning of BfA. It was a combination of multiple things that finally killed my interest in the game altogether.

I was no stranger to the typical beginning-of-expansion "you used to hit like a freight train, now you're getting torn to shreds by a single mob" experience, even when it was mitigated by my decent raid gear. But the Legion-to-BfA nerf was horrendous. The removal of artifact traits and levels was bad enough, but then they added Legiondaries crapping out on you five levels later, taking away the last of the good parts of your toolkit (since tier sets would also need to be replaced about that time). My spec wasn't rebalanced with the lack of artifact traits in mind, so I ended up hitting everything like a wet noodle. It was miserable. Azerite armor was a fucking joke, and whoever came up with it should probably not work in game design ever again.

Then there was the story. I hated every single attempt to bring back the faction conflict, and BfA's was by far the dumbest. Coming right off the defeat of the Burning Legion, after Sargeras fucking stabbed the planet with a giant sword, the best thing for everyone to do is go to fucking war with each other as the planet starts to die underneath their feet. Fucking retarded. And of course this was all dindu nuffin Sylvanas's fault, and now she's fucked off to WoW hell to do more ludicrously evil shit that her simps will continue to defend. You'd think after the dozenth world-ending threat that the Alliance and Horde would decide to bury the hatchet just in case there was another one on the horizon, but nope, they're led by complete morons.

What really sealed the deal was the complete lack of anything new. Sure, you were going to new places and encountering new things to fight and befriend, but in the end, it was the same core systems that had gone pretty much unchanged for years. World quests, dungeons, another mission table - same shit, different day. Island expeditions were the only relatively new activity, but they were a joke. They didn't have warzones active at launch, and I quit before they started, so I have no idea if they were good (though I have my doubts). Not even finally getting to explore Zandalar and Kul Tiras made up for the lack of anything engaging to do. And having to grind out flight for the third expansion in a row instead of just forking over some gold and being done with it was so stupid.

I paid for a month's game time during the fifteenth anniversary just to play through that content and get the Deathwing mount. Once I realized that nothing had changed with my spec and it was still as garbage as it had been when I left previously, I knew I wasn't coming back. Judging from the Shadowlands previews I've seen, I think I made the right call.

tl;dr: fuck Blizzard, they can't die soon enough
WoW is shit, wife and I can confirm.

<Continue to listen.>
No. Unless it required to get an item or continue an important questline?
I suspect this NPC and its monologue will be as irrelevant as Calia Menethil.
You won't even have to talk to Him really, only if you go Order Faggots.

He is one of the 3 soulbinds..you probably only will have to talk to him alot if he is your main soulbind..so you have to go for the Order Faggots..and use him as a soublind (you won't btw the 2 others are far better)

Did....did they actually put fucking flappy bird in this goddamn game? It looks absolutely riveting.
I mean it can't be any worse than that god awful platforming thing they did in Legion.

Or the Wall Rolling thing from MOP

Or the Turtles from BFA...

Last edited:
Reactions: Haramburger
Tags
None