Worst Disney remake/reboot -

JambledUpWords

Thin privilege is real y’all
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Live-action remakes are one of my least favorite things about modern movies. It's like they ran out of books to adapt.
I also honestly miss 2d animation from Disney, they spent years perfecting it just to switch to 3d and live-action remakes of their 2d classics.
It went from this:
8E69D23F-E17F-47CE-B5E3-144910D54910.jpeg

To this abomination:
69DC033D-4656-434E-9BC4-4F8A3F678F0E.jpeg

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Maleficent and Beauty and the Beast provoke so much rage in me for what they do to their source material.
It's hard to tell which one is worse--Maleficent has a different story but completely skewers the characters you know and love from the animated version and cuts the balls off what was prob one of the best Disney villains. Beauty and the Beast doesn't pull drastic shit like that but is so corporate and lifeless and shoehorns in all those girl-power messages and drains our titular couple of any real chemistry.

I hear Pete's Dragon is okay. But then again, the original film really wasn't the greatest so yeah.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Beauty and the Beast was bad, but mostly because it was just a lesser remake of a superior film. It was like they did the same movie again, but worse. I liken it to McDonalds fries. They taste great the first time, but leave them in the fridge and try to eat them as leftovers the next day....stale tasting and awful.

One that was worse than that was Maleficent.

That movie is so mindboggling in how bad it is, I don't know how it got made.

I mean B&TB and all these others one at least show appreciation for the original to some degree (because they want to cash in on that nostalgia, cha-ching!). Maleficent basically took Sleeping Beauty (a personal favorite from my youth) wiped its butt with it, and set it on fire.

Why are the fairies (the true protagonists of the original film and legitimately good female hero characters) portrayed as incompetent dumbasses? Why is the king (a man that loved his daughter and generally a good guy in the original) a surley jerk ex-boyfriend of Maleficent? Why is Maleficent both the hero and the villain of the story? Why is she motivated by a jerk ex-boyfriend? And why does the film go so far out of its way to break from the original in a bunch of ways that make absolutely no sense?

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why are the fairies (the true protagonists of the original film and legitimately good female hero characters) portrayed as incompetent dumbasses? Why is the king (a man that loved his daughter and generally a good guy in the original) a surley jerk ex-boyfriend of Maleficent? Why is Maleficent both the hero and the villain of the story? Why is she motivated by a jerk ex-boyfriend? And why does the film go so far out of its way to break from the original in a bunch of ways that make absolutely no sense?

They tried to make it in to the Disney version of "Wicked" the favorite stage play of every overweight 50 year old office wench

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
I just couldn't bring myself to see any of the other remakes after Maleficent. It just left such a bad taste in mouth. I keep hearing that the Jungle book is the best one, but I wonder if that's just because Christopher Walken is King Louie.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just couldn't bring myself to see any of the other remakes after Maleficent. It just left such a bad taste in mouth. I keep hearing that the Jungle book is the best one, but I wonder if that's just because Christopher Walken is King Louie.
It's because its the only story that lends itself to live action looking good, since most of it was CGI it allowed it to still be a silly cartoon for the most part

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
It's because its the only story that lends itself to live action looking good, since most of it was CGI it allowed it to still be a silly cartoon for the most part
So I guess going by that logic the Lion King remake will be the new best one. Not going to lie, I'm a bit salty that they didn't Jeremy Irons to be Scar again. They got a lot of the original voice actors, why not him?

Tags
None