Worst Disney remake/reboot -

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
I thought the Jungle Book one was decent enough and I read it was a partial remake and partial reboot since it was partly based on the Disney Animated film (which was pretty good in my opinion) and part based on Kipling original version

The Maleficent one was pure garbage and thank goodness I only read what people wrote about it here and elsewhere

• Agree
Reactions: JambledUpWords

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought the Jungle Book one was decent enough and I read it was a partial remake and partial reboot since it was partly based on the Disney Animated film (which was pretty good in my opinion) and part based on Kipling original version
I would think the Kipling version would be more interesting to do given the development Mowgli goes through to become a great hunter by the end of the story.

• Agree

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got a creepy thought. When this train runs its course, what if they decide to animate old live action films next?

Or would that be too much work?
Now you just make me curious to see what "No Deposit, No Return" might look like animated!

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I got a creepy thought. When this train runs its course, what if they decide to animate old live action films next?

Or would that be too much work?
Hell, do all the Marvel movies with race-flipped characters (except the ones that are PoCs already, obviously), it will be YUUUUGGGEEEE!!!

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
I would think the Kipling version would be more interesting to do given the development Mowgli goes through to become a great hunter by the end of the story.
Well I heard the version being made is either an adaptation of Kipling'' or a whole lot closer than any version s before

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
That one really wasn't too bad. The worst part about it was just how badly they recreated Herbie; lots of errors. Way better than Fully Loaded though. There weren't many good sequels to the original film, if I'm being totally frank.
tbh, the original should have remained a one-off.

Guts Gets Some

kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've watched a Herbie movie in over thirty years.
Now that I think about it I'm mildly curious at how the old 60s ish Disney live action movies hold up at least as things to laugh at.
I rewatched the first one as an adult for the first time a few years ago, and I was laughing my ass off at how funny it was. Jokes I never got as a kid; it's a genuinely good movie and damn near perfect in my opinion. I think I've given it 4.5/5 somewhere.

The sequels didn't hold up so good; Monte Carlo is still pretty enjoyable though. So I say just watch 1 and 3.

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
Maleficent was okay, but I honestly hate how the three fairies turned out. I wanted to see badass old ladies damnit.

The auto-tuning in the Beauty and the Beast remake's songs is awful and really distracting. I did like the song Evermore.

I don't plan on seeing the Lion King, but judging by everything I have heard, that's probably the most soulless one.

Tags
None