Worst philosophical arguments you've seen -

Big Nasty

Unfettered scum
kiwifarms.net
This is just antinatalism in a nutshell. It makes no sense though. How can you enjoy the good if bad things never happen? Bad things can help you grow as a person. Not getting the job you want, getting a bad grade, getting sick and getting rejected are bad things, but they can build character. Someone can’t appreciate their health if they have never been sick. If you don’t want to experience hardship, dying is a better option. Sadly, this philosophy just leads to a lot of suicide.
Yeah, it's a dud argument anyway, since you really can't compare something to nothing. It's basically the philosophical equivalent to trying to divide by zero.

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
Everything here.

He even has a paper regarding arguments against Locke. Which he concludes, that all arguments against Locke are actually just strawmen and if not strawmen, unwittingly agreeing with Locke.
He's also a fan of the "If you don't like Transwomen, you must be Trans yourself" argument so...

Many believe that George Berkeley and, subsequently, David Hume offer devastating arguments against John Locke's theory of abstract ideas. It is the purpose of this paper to clarify the attacks given a close reading of Locke. It will be shown that many of the arguments of Berkeley and Hume are of a straw man nature and, moreover, that some of their conclusions are actually in accord with Locke

Safir

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anything by Kant, but specifically the Categorical Imperative meme.
Kant was 3 when Newton died. God what a numbnut. No excuse.

How can you enjoy the good if bad things never happen?
This one is the worst by far.

Any argument that differentiates non-religious beliefs from religious beliefs is absolutely exceptional.
Religious beliefs are themselves exceptional by the incongruent standing they're afforded in modern society. E.g. you're supposed to respect beliefs in the healing power of prayer, but you aren't supposed to retaliate or call the cops if someone prays for you to get sick. Modern religion := "certified bullshit as a social institution". Other batshit beliefs society is acting on. Troons castrate children, anti-vaxers cause epidemics, anti-GMO kooks label produce with scary multisyllabic words.

Basil II

National Opthalmologist of Bulgaria
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much anything that comes from a Caucasian perspective. White people have enslaved all of the peoples of the Earth at one point or another for thousands of years at this point. They are morally bankrupt and have no other philosophy besides raping whatever culture they encounter. Nothing white people have to say has any merit because it is all built on the backs of people the perceive to be their lesser.
Yeah fuck Georgians and Chechens.

MemeGray

https://youtu.be/hzc5VHL1bPM
kiwifarms.net
Traps are NOT gay and I am here to prove it. Let's start with logic thinking. We will apply these questions to a trap, and it will help determine if they are gay. Does the person have a masculine penis? No, they have a feminine penis. Is the person a man? No, they are called dickgirls for a reason. Does a man have a numerical value of 1? No, not only is that not the case, but a man (or a woman) has no numerical value. This is nonsense. Is it gay to be fucked by a girl? No, if this was the case then all heterosexual sex would in fact be homosexual in nature. Suffice to say, I think we can all agree that traps are not gay using quick and easy logic thinking. Now, we will use imagination thinking to imagine a situation in which you are having sexual intercourse with a trap. Ok, so like imagine this chick; but she's this totally fucking SMOKING hot chick, and she's got really sexy titties and a sexy butthole that you can pound and a sexy little feminine penis you can stroke and suck. Did that feel gay? I thought not. We have used both of the types of thinking to solve the mystery of if traps are gay. They are not. I have used indisputable science techniques to skip the hypothesis completely and go straight to a proof. Science thinking is a secret third type of thinking that many people don't have so this may be a difficult concept to grasp for some. I am happy to explain my theorem further and am opening this thread to discussion.

MrTickles

Ducking Fegenerate
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much anything that comes from a Caucasian perspective. White people have enslaved all of the peoples of the Earth at one point or another for thousands of years at this point. They are morally bankrupt and have no other philosophy besides raping whatever culture they encounter. Nothing white people have to say has any merit because it is all built on the backs of people the perceive to be their lesser.
Are you arguing that the dog should lead its owner on the leash, feed its owner, house its owner? Etc?

Dog, pls. Know your place dog. We gave you all the conveniences of modern civilization, we can take it all away.

raymond

kiwifarms.net
The entire modern libertarian ideology that thinks the relatively free era from the 1990s to early 2000s is the norm and that everything great about AMERICA was a result of the free market even though the government has been actively meddling with the economy during the entire pax Americana. Watch their brains explode when you tell them the government invented the internet.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
The entire modern libertarian ideology that thinks the relatively free era from the 1990s to early 2000s is the norm and that everything great about AMERICA was a result of the free market even though the government has been actively meddling with the economy during the entire pax Americana. Watch their brains explode when you tell them the government invented the internet.
Null invented the internet.

Crichax

I want to Cra-chiax YOUR spine
kiwifarms.net
Have you seen anyone trying to argue for a night-watchman state recently? From what I've heard, that's a mostly dead ideology. Although, I could be wrong.

RetardedCat

javascript is the future, Josh.
kiwifarms.net
Religious beliefs are themselves exceptional by the incongruent standing they're afforded in modern society. E.g. you're supposed to respect beliefs in the healing power of prayer, but you aren't supposed to retaliate or call the cops if someone prays for you to get sick.
Religion is afforded some standing in modern society because it's the basis for said society's most basic standards of ethics. The west isn't going to reject Christianity for maybe a couple hundred years still.
Christianity is the very basis of a person's moral compass for an overwhelming majority of people still. Which is why it is afforded that much power and importance in the rest of society.

"you're supposed to respect beliefs in the healing power of prayer, but you aren't supposed to retaliate or call the cops if someone prays for you to get sick."
Also, because you're supposed to do good in life so you can get the good ending in the afterlife, which means being positive is rewarded and praying to have someone fall deathly sick or retaliating isn't rewarded (and God wouldn't listen anyway).
So yes, praying for good health or for a medical procedure to not go horribly wrong is seen as a good thing that should be encouraged. Even if it may not do anything, it's still positive.
I'm also fairly certain the Bible says you shouldn't seek revenge and all that. But it might still say that if you murder someone you deserve the death penalty. Honestly unsure cause I haven't opened a Bible in half a decade. Point is: retaliating means lowering yourself to their level of evil and that's frowned upon cause otherwise it'd be fucking chaos if everyone was encouraged to retaliate for the smallest things.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who uses ontological arguments for the existence of god. A lot of high profile logicians and philosophers have claimed to believe the ontological argument, and it is the stupidest shit.

In short, the ontological argument goes like this:
1: It is the definition of god that he is the absolute best, like absolute perfection in all things.
2: God provably exists at least as an idea: We can talk about god and think about him, so he provably exists as an idea in our head, if not in the real world.
3: Being real is better than being an idea.
4: Thus god is real, because if he existed as only an idea, he wouldn't be the absolute best, so he must be real.

Note that this argument also proves the existence of superman, and the perfect blowjob.
That sounds like hollow sophistry, it's weird big brain intellectuals would give more credit to this than "heh, that was some cute mental gymnastics". Every time I hear something like this it always reminds me of this scene from Oscar:

Last edited:

maaliktheprisonguard

Why be beautiful when you can be intimidating
kiwifarms.net
For me, it would be the false relevance of political compass tests. The only reason they exist is because the people that use it live in a democracy, where you have 2 sides competing for the role of power. The issue I take with them is that what matters is the practicality of addressing specific issues at hand as opposed to what “side” you are on. Because each issue is different, therefore requiring a specific solution.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BigRuler

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I've never heard a libertarian base their argument on the "good old days" of the 90's to early 2000's. How fucking old are you?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino