Would this be the ideal future?

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Question Mark

kiwifarms.net
Imagine it is the future, and you live in a pod with full automation. You are kept artificially alive for billions of years. Your brain chemicals are artificially manipulated to have a constant flow of dopamine and serotonin, and you literally do nothing all day except feel nonstop orgasmic pleasure and nothing else. Would this be a utopia or a dystopia?

time travel brain chemicals.jpg
the happy face.png

Question Mark

kiwifarms.net
Pleasure has no purpose if it's the only thing you ever feel. At that point it just becomes your new baseline, not a heightened state.
The pleasure is the end goal in itself. You don't need any "purpose" besides just existing and feeling the nonstop pleasure. If it becomes the new baseline instead of a heightened state, what if your brain chemicals could be manipulated to make that not the case? If it's possible to artificially induce nonstop pleasure for millennia, it might also be possible to re-engineer your brain so that the pleasure feels just as good after millions of years as it did when the pleasure started.

Haim Arlosoroff

We all failed to secure the existence of Linconia.
kiwifarms.net
This is why everyone of any above-baseline intellect comes to the conclusion that an excess of liberty seems only in the histories of mankind to lead downward into tyranny. Why would I want to short-circuit my brain into the deepest thoughtless slumber of my personal will ever conceived?

Humanity without meaning, accomplishment, or being is without value. I would hate the jail cell of pleasure knowing that I am wasting away for no reason, to become nothing, and for the sake of absolute meaninglessness void of any logic or morals.

This dystopia would only be a utopia only if I were among the dissenters of this system, which would then be an almost test that each generation could go through to separate the man-animals from the animal-men.

Last edited:

ZeCommissar

This paper contains all the reasons you're a fag
kiwifarms.net
Only if it can simulate an actual reality will I be fine with it. There is literally no reason to feel high 24/7/365 for a billion years if thats the ONLY thing you experience. However I would personally require challenges to overcome, and I just don't want everything handed to me. I could care less if its actually "real" or not. THATS my perfect augmented reality. I still need strife and humanity without strife is why we deal with such insufferable faggots today who live easy lives yet find 1000 things to complain about.

Now if they can synthetically create actual realities where you can live your wildest dreams and do whatever you want? Im all for it. But just sitting on my ass getting pumped with drugs? Yeah no

Think of it like The Matrix. The machines tried making "perfect" realities before and it just ended up causing more trouble in the long run, so they actually put challenges and pain in their simulation. My final stipulation is the ablity to disconnect from this whenever you want and live a natural life as you see fit. I want conditional immortality that I can opt out of in the future if I so choose.

Solar Eclipse Paradox

Children of Men is now a documentary! Fuck Satan!
kiwifarms.net
With that kind of future, nobody is gonna know what it's like to live in a world where they have to earn the type of life they work hard for, everything is handed to them. So whenever they're gonna have to work for something, they're completely useless, they'll struggle too much and ultimately give up.

Any kind of future involving pods indicate a hopeless future I'd hate to be in and unfortunately we're starting to live in that future.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unironically sounds good to me, what more could you ask for me? Isn't it the same basic idea behind Heaven?

What's the source of the anime girl comic, by the way?

Maurice Caine

I owe ya one.
kiwifarms.net
Hell, I'd do anything to live the glory days again. Even plug myself into one of those box things. If they did this but it was some sort of VR world you'd connect to, sure, why not.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else read The Culture novels by Iain M Banks?

That's probably a good argument against Mandatory Pampering. It's not living if some machine is looking after everything for you. Sure replicators and shit are great and should totally be researched, but when you're crushing the human spirit by taking away their purpose or curiosity, you're moving in to dystopic realms.

Just Dont

The Queen of Hate
kiwifarms.net
I debate existentialism a lot in my books and I always find that immortality is a curse and something that can ruin a mind. Same as every pleasure or sensation possible without adventure.

Is taking away humanity in essence.

Terry was right when he questioned the bird ability to rationalize his world. Is just a bird and he doesn't know what is out there but that doesn't stop him from being a bird. We, humans, are the same. We are birds in a universe we don't understand and we need to continue being birds.