Would you kill your alternate self for a better/different life? - "just kys tbh lol"

Wendy Carter

When I am still, it is as lifeless as Abigail.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine that alternate universes exist. You somehow manage to enter a different universe where you are a successful businessman, a famous actor, an amazing doctor, or just somebody you always aspired to be. If given an opportunity, would you attempt to eliminate your other self and insert yourself into that alternate universe, leaving all your family, friends and loved ones behind? Would you risk the possibility of being found out to live a life you've always dreamed of? How would you react to seeing yourself die before your very eyes? And what if by doing so you trigger some kind of loop, where another you from a different universe will do the very same thing to you at some future point in time?

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd want to talk to this person as much as possible, and I suspect they would feel the same way. I would assume this person would have answers I seek in my life & vice versa.
I don't think I could ever trade my life or situation. For all its ups and downs, I've spent a long time working on it and I'm excited to see what happens next.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I would want to anyway but a major problem with this idea, beyond sperging about how unlikely it would be to find an alternate universe where the deviation point from your own reality was within your own lifetime, is that a "successful" version of you in an alternate reality would likely have all sorts of extra knowledge and life experience that led to the alternate reaching that lofty position and as such, even if you looked exactly the same, you still wouldn't be able to convincingly replace the alternate you that you killed.

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If given an opportunity, would you attempt to eliminate your other self and insert yourself into that alternate universe, leaving all your family, friends and loved ones behind? Would you risk the possibility of being found out to live a life you've always dreamed of? How would you react to seeing yourself die before your very eyes? And what if by doing so you trigger some kind of loop, where another you from a different universe will do the very same thing to you at some future point in time?
As if my imposter syndrome isn't strong enough already.

Ralph Barnhardt

I tried that once...it was alright I guess.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Assuming I did, I think my victory would be short lived. I imagine the mask would start to slip the first week of being a successful doctor when multiple patients die on the table.

Not because I'm a bad surgeon, mind you, but because I've acquired a new found fondness for murder

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net
No. If the other version of myself realized I was them, I'd probably form a covenant and or pact to form a plan for leadership or conquering in both universes. Assuming the loop concept also applies, the more of me (from other universes/etc.) working together to take control or get into power, the easier the plan would be carried out and the easier to take control of a multi-verse of sorts.

A

AP 297

kiwifarms.net
It might sound crazy, I can answer this from personal experience. Pretty much there are a lot of universes where I rule pretty much the most dominant empire on this rock. A staggering number. I am honestly disappointed, tbh. I honestly wish people could live in different countries like it is now and try to govern themselves on some level. Always having to be the guy to rule everything of value is a real hassle. Self-determination is something you really don't miss until you lose it.

I love this reality. I have a decent life, not too many stresses of being ultra successful and pretty much do what I want. Really ruling/dominating the world isn't all it seems cracked up to be.

This world of free will and weak(relative) superpowers is quite nice actually.

I would say keep the successful you around learn some things and decide what you want from there. They can give you a sense of at least how far you can go and if it is worth it. Killing them is a really sad waste of yourself.