Writing style - How do I stop writing like I binge crack for breakfast?

The Real Me

Me likes to observe freaks.
kiwifarms.net
Reread stuff before you post it so that you can catch any typo-s or fix any confusing phrasing.

Most people don’t give a shit about colons, semi-colons, etc but not using commas is a one-way ticket to Unreadable Town. Grammatically speaking, commas should only be placed in lists and between main clauses & subordinate clauses but most people online just use them in place of a pause, were you speaking the sentence aloud.

Don’t be shy about starting new paragraphs; nobody likes to stare at a full wall of text.

DeadFish

I've may have made some mistakes...
kiwifarms.net
Reread stuff before you post it so that you can catch any typo-s or fix any confusing phrasing.

Most people don’t give a shit about colons, semi-colons, etc but not using commas is a one-way ticket to Unreadable Town. Grammatically speaking, commas should only be placed in lists and between main clauses & subordinate clauses but most people online just use them in place of a pause, were you speaking the sentence aloud.

Don’t be shy about starting new paragraphs; nobody likes to stare at a full wall of text.
Yeah but im a perfectionist. Any way I can improve myself is always a good thing.

Thomas Paine

Jameson® Irish Whiskey enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You should read actual books more often. Doesn't matter the subject or genre.

Pick something you really like, and you'll get into it. Over a short period of time you'll get used to seeing proper grammar and sentence structure. You should start to emulate it as it becomes familiar. I'm educated in literature and my grammar is far from perfect because I'm lazy, but it passes well enough. As long as your thoughts are cohesive and supported, your grammar can be awful.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
kiwifarms.net
I don't think you have to actually sit down and study grammar to write better, but if you'd like to, a fun book is The Transitive Vampire, by Karen Elizabeth Gordon. The content is clear, and the author uses entertaining examples along the way. It's pretty old so it's at libraries/used.

Reading your first post, I think you'd be well-served by using a spellchecker and remembering your apostrophes. From a short writing sample, that's all I can glean.

Personally, I use too many semicolons unless I'm careful. I write like it's going to cost extra to stop a sentence and start a new one; when I'm writing for work or for posterity, I pay special attention to this in the editing stage.

Mal0

Updated on the regular!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps it won't help you with your grammar, but I always read my essays out loud once or twice over to catch any run on sentences, awkward phrasing, et cetera before submitting them for grading. Another tip I have is taking your time with writing, don't type your messages so you can get them done and over with, take your time to ensure what you're saying is cohesive and tolerable.

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
Ive noticed my writing tends to give off that crack head scitzo feel. I also lack a firm grasp of grammar. Its not a lack of effort of trying to understand the subject on my part

Please help. How I fix this?
Strunk and White, my nigga

There's a few other ones too, but that's the most common one.