Infected Wrong Planet -

Dilbertmann

kiwifarms.net
The 'tismal of autism forums out there (and the most well-known), Wrong Planet serves as a "safe haven" for those with autism or aspergers, provides dating advice and coping with issues. Sounds good, right? Wrong.

Our very own whiny fat faggot Connor is part of this forum; and due to their compulsive enabling and lack of tact or providing any effective advice, it turned Connor into what he's known today. on top of that, there's loads of 2edgy5me, pseudo-intellects, members deluded that their 'tism is a key to the meaning of life among others. It's a very, very wierd forum, and very lulzy at best.

I made this thread because I'm nice like that, and that these guys are very, very cringeworthy. Autists stay out of the shit that is Wrong Planet, and find a better forum. :tomgirl:

Something Vague

Keurig Connoisseur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's even more sad that there have been accounts of clueless therapists that will refer people to that site not knowing what it is.

Wrongplanet was actually the first time I ever was introduced to tumblr and the userbase there and how much overlap there was with tumblr. I ran as fast as I can when I knew the truth and how bad of an influence it was and following the crowd wasn't a good idea in that case.

Anyways, they like to associate autism and correlate it with EVERYTHING

Overcast

#NotPuppets
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I knew about this site for a while. Looking at the images of Connor's posts there, I was questioning why nobody seemed at least weirded out by some of his more deviant posts or call him out on anything. I'm guessing that a lot of the people on there aren't that different from him.

The Knife

Magnificent Witch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even the name pisses me off. "Wrong Planet." No, no, it's not your behavior that's unacceptable; you're just on the wrong planet, that's all! You're fundamentally different from everyone else, and you will never understand their rules and culture, and you will always be an outsider, but fear not! Here is a group of people from your planet, who understand you! Let's sit back and talk about how very, very different we are, and bond in our mutual strangeness instead of learning how to adjust to this strange world into which we have been unfairly dropped.

Spare me.

wheat pasta

You're not real! Fuck you!
kiwifarms.net
Even the name pisses me off. "Wrong Planet." No, no, it's not your behavior that's unacceptable; you're just on the wrong planet, that's all! You're fundamentally different from everyone else, and you will never understand their rules and culture, and you will always be an outsider, but fear not! Here is a group of people from your planet, who understand you! Let's sit back and talk about how very, very different we are, and bond in our mutual strangeness instead of learning how to adjust to this strange world into which we have been unfairly dropped.

Spare me.
While I do agree, I think it may have been derived from this delightfully idiotic story about "aspies"... I can't actually find it but it's some dumb shit about how they're like, special little aliens from their own planet or something where everyone has assburgers and it's OK.

S

SU 390

kiwifarms.net
While I do agree, I think it may have been derived from this delightfully idiotic story about "aspies"... I can't actually find it but it's some dumb shit about how they're like, special little aliens from their own planet or something where everyone has assburgers and it's OK.
It's funny that the correct pronunciation of the word Aspergers is assburgers. :lol:

Something Vague

Keurig Connoisseur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Spare me.
comparing people with autism to aliens implying that they aren't human could be either really dehumanizing or overly pretentious depending on how you look at it. I'm both surprised and unsurprised the SJW types there haven't put much thought into that analogy as far as I can tell.

Morbid Boredom

Transgoth transteen transwoman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Spare me.
People with legitimate grievances can still be shitheads (and vice versa). Most of these communities are full of people with real problems who are going about it the wrong way to find answers.

Someone goes on the internet, gets told they don't have a soul, gets mad, then finds a bunch of people who tell them they have a superpower. That's a powerful lure for a young person, even though a hugbox is bad for them.

comparing people with autism to aliens implying that they aren't human could be either really dehumanizing or overly pretentious depending on how you look at it. I'm both surprised and unsurprised the SJW types there haven't put much thought into that analogy as far as I can tell.
If they thought things through, they wouldn't be SJWs.

(Edited for silly reasons)

Last edited:

Dudeofteenage

Mister Standfast
kiwifarms.net
I would love to visit that planet, then I could complain about how nobody understands me and how I'm special

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
On the surface, it seems like a decent resource, but really, it's just a place for autistis to simply sperg out and complain.
That's why I occasionally feel bad for looking at Connor/Kengel's histories on there. At first it seems pretty innocuous, just people who have a hard time fitting in making friends and talking about things unique to those on the autism spectrum. On the surface it sounds look a good place to get advice managing a disability.

But as you said, it's just a spergpit. Every thread on there (minus cow-unique ones like Redesigning Eva) has been repeated at least 10 times because none of the members want to search, and feel that THEIR take on the same subject matter is both unique and original.

"What movie do you think is secretly about aspies?"
"Is my boss being mean or do I not understand how he is joking around?"
"Should autists get girlfriends?! y/n"
"My parents are awful they don't understand me and are pushing me to be social"
"Was Hitler an aspie????"
"Who thinks that Mythbusters have autism? Makes sense when you think about it"

Then you get somewhere between 4-20 posts with people straying off topic or divulging too much personal information, picking fights because they can't read emotional cues any better than they can view them, and mods almost never stepping in to stop things or condense threads. Occasionally there are the crazies like the girl telling Connor to stay away from here who also thinks she and are mom are literal psychics who can see personal auras and shit.

Basically it's the Kiwi Farms if @Hellblazer wasn't tasked with giving himself cirrhosis.

Sorry for the double post (is two posts in an hour double posting? etiquette can be strange!) but here's a prime example of what I was talking about.

upload_2015-2-12_15-22-21.png

Those are the last two posts in the thread about "weird hallucinations". Not once does a user say "Perhaps if you feel your thoughts are being read or you have psychic premonitions about big events, you are under medicated or need to see a therapist". Instead the only response is "haha me too!"

Also, Weather apparently lurks the Kiwi Farms based off of this post:
upload_2015-2-12_15-25-26.png

Remember, Vade, Chris, Connor, Jace, and Mylar are all "innocents" who don't deserve their eccentricities to be discussed. Also, people who hallucinate premonitions or think they are having their thoughts monitored don't deserve discussion either.

Though I'd love to hear her take on this if she finds this thread. If I'm wrong or off base I'd certainly like to know.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Disrespecting skeletons
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the double post (is two posts in an hour double posting? etiquette can be strange!) but here's a prime example of what I was talking about.

Those are the last two posts in the thread about "weird hallucinations". Not once does a user say "Perhaps if you feel your thoughts are being read or you have psychic premonitions about big events, you are under medicated or need to see a therapist". Instead the only response is "haha me too!"

Also, Weather apparently lurks the Kiwi Farms based off of this post:

Remember, Vade, Chris, Connor, Jace, and Mylar are all "innocents" who don't deserve their eccentricities to be discussed. Also, people who hallucinate premonitions or think they are having their thoughts monitored don't deserve discussion either.

Though I'd love to hear her take on this if she finds this thread. If I'm wrong or off base I'd certainly like to know.
And people say women can't be lolcows. :story:

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Oh good, I've been wanting to make a topic like this. Never bothered to though, mostly because I thought it wasn't "lulz-worthy" enough. However the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to realize how dumb this site is. Hell, I used to be a member on that site (barely posted because even back then, I thought these people were too 'Spergy for my taste).

I haven't looked at Wrong Planet in years, is it still full of people who think autists are a master race?
Haven't been there since 2012 or so, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say yes.