Wu renews effort to unseat Lynch -

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just want to know what got into her head that she could unseat this guy? I know troons are by their very nature delusional, but this seems a bit much.

As others have said, she should start smaller with a more local position. She seems to not even focus on her own district in her campaigning because it’s only reaching Twitter Troon Town who don’t live there. Heck, that campaign party she had recently only seemed to have attendees from out of state.

But who am I kidding. I want him to win. We’ll never go hungry again with all the troon cream we can extract.
Lynch is a white male Baby Boomer. The only reason John is running in MA-8 congressional district is because in all the other Boston area districts, the Democratic incumbents are higher up in the progressive stack, so it would be a bad look for him to be trying to primary a real white woman progressive like Katherine Clark

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just want to know what got into her head that she could unseat this guy? I know troons are by their very nature delusional, but this seems a bit much.
On paper it sounded great. Lynch is one of the most conservative politicians holding statewide office in Massachusetts, and there really is some amount of dissatisfaction with him among the ever-growing cohort of Massachusetts lefties. Combine that with the "Year of the Woman" narrative after Hillary Clinton being robbed of her turn in 2016, and a growing appetite for radicalism in the Twitter-poisoned segments of the populace, and you have an opening for a smart, dedicated, well-funded female candidate with a fistful of media connections to challenge Lynch from the left and either win or make a good enough showing to establish a national profile.
Where this plan falls down is that the canidate in question was neither smart, dedicated, well-funded, nor female.

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On paper it sounded great. Lynch is one of the most conservative politicians holding statewide office in Massachusetts, and there really is some amount of dissatisfaction with him among the ever-growing cohort of Massachusetts lefties. Combine that with the "Year of the Woman" narrative after Hillary Clinton being robbed of her turn in 2016, and a growing appetite for radicalism in the Twitter-poisoned segments of the populace, and you have an opening for a smart, dedicated, well-funded female candidate with a fistful of media connections to challenge Lynch from the left and either win or make a good enough showing to establish a national profile.
Where this plan falls down is that the canidate in question was neither smart, dedicated, well-funded, nor female.
People voted for John because they thought he was an Asian woman in the community. They didn’t even know who or what they were voting for.

That’s sad and pathetic.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People voted for John because they thought he was an Asian woman in the community. They didn’t even know who or what they were voting for
I think that's not entirely true. While its's hard to disentangle the "Anyone But Lynch" vote, the "Generic Woke" vote, and the "Actual Wu Fan" vote, our politically savvy contributors at the time made a fairly strong case that Wu's votes were earned to some degree - largely by the underpaid efforts of @W person cow and others.
Compare especially versus the performance of Chris Voehl, who was a true ghost candidate.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
It's not a statewide position, but otherwise on-point. The only reason that Bri-Bri got as many votes as it did were for these exact reasons. Hell, lots of lower information voters thought that she was Michelle Wu, a member of the Boston City Council. The rest saw either a female name, a write-up in the media that placed her to Lynch's political left, etc.

PurpleSquirrel

"He who dies with the most stories, wins."
kiwifarms.net
Wu's left it a bit late in life to challenge Screaming Lord Sutch's record for the most elections lost in one lifetime.
Not too late to follow his example and hang herself though.
The difference is, Sutch's quixotic campaigns were entertaining, and actually proposed some good measures.

blackboots

Made for walking
kiwifarms.net

As others have said, she should start smaller with a more local position. She seems to not even focus on her own district in her campaigning because it’s only reaching Twitter Troon Town who don’t live there. Heck, that campaign party she had recently only seemed to have attendees from out of state.

But who am I kidding. I want him to win. We’ll never go hungry again with all the troon cream we can extract.
That's cute. You think she wants to win. She doesn't. She wants money and attention to blow on parties and "fundraising." That's why she just bounces with whatever sounds good. Typical Democrat.

W person cow

Warren Lynch, Brianna Wu's Person Cow
kiwifarms.net
It's not a statewide position, but otherwise on-point. The only reason that Bri-Bri got as many votes as it did were for these exact reasons. Hell, lots of lower information voters thought that she was Michelle Wu, a member of the Boston City Council. The rest saw either a female name, a write-up in the media that placed her to Lynch's political left, etc.
There was a second reason :)

Tags
None