Wu Responds to MDE Outing, Compares Gamergate to GTA

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I bet that'd actually sell some copies.

You know what, though, on second thought, I kinda hope she does.
I mean, I'd buy it to play a game where you fight The Commander online.

And Jan and MDE, not being complete fucking idiots, could probably then sue Wu for copyright infringement if they were so inclined. It wouldn't be too hard to prove Jace Connors as a form of intellectual property to Jan...
It'd actually work very well with her low effort QTE based combat system. Press 2 to disrespect Commander Stryker until he dies.

j.peikko

kiwifarms.net
Kind of amusing that she has been the only one whose threats are real, yet still playing the victim. She put herself in the public spotlight, while she won't be some horrifying surprise to a contestant on "dancing with the stars", she is a public figure.
For Jan to be introuble for what he did, it would have to apply to all forms of comedy. All of the dead beiber jokes, pictures of miley being fed to a shark, stories about the world ending due to a weather disaster would have to be considered credible threats as well.
All she has is going for civil lawsuit

MurcDusen

kiwifarms.net
One thing ; did Jace ever threaten Brianna Wu? At all? As I remember, he "threatened to threaten her", and it was Wu herself who decided he was making death threats and had a car full of guns, and then spread that until it became unquestioned.

So uh, unless I missed Jace making some real death threats, isn't Wu the only one legally liable for anything at all?

He basically challenged her to a street race and accused her of conspiring against him.

He did tell that story about murdering Wu in that livestream, and to be fair I can see how you might be disturbed by that. The thing is that after she retweeted that, Jace pretty much immediately said that it was not an actual threat and just "gamer humour" and challenged her to that street race.
I can honestly understand her first reaction to that video (though I'd still say it's ultimately just unnecessary panic), the problem was how she reacted to everything after that and refused to rationally analyze the situation and do some fact-checking. Jace made it pretty clear that he had no intention of killing her, especially in the Wupocalypse video, where he specifically said that he doesn't want to kill her but expose her via journalistic means - and yet that is the same video she retweeted, saying he had guns in his car and was driving to kill her.

The other thing is that Jace never "harrassed" her. The only contact he had with Wu were his tweets to her after she discovered the livestream bit (which also wasn't sent to her by Jace), in which he challenged her to a street race and threatened to threaten her and the Wupocalypse video which was partly adressed to her.

It gets even worse though, the more articles about Jace there are the more unchecked and false information about Jace gets made. In that article someone posted in Side Ops, it was implied that there were other victims of Jace and there was a Briana qoute implying he threatened the whole developer team of her's. We all know how it goes, tell a story to someone and he will probably always see some details in it that he was never actually told, and which he will claim as facts when he retells the story. I don't even think that most of the false information about this stuff is deliberately made up, but just basic incompetence (and unwillingness) to fact-check and recite facts, but it really fucking bothers me...

Soew

"Hate Crimes in Cyberspace"
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Kablamo

rebbal anerkissed
kiwifarms.net
@MurcDusen brings up some other good points. We could probably fill up an entire separate thread on how Wu's hypothetical lawsuit is frivolous bullshit.

I hope Wu is in on this somehow, because this is getting sad and pathetic, and not in the 'funny Jace' kind of way.

Last edited:

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuuuuuuck.... does this mean the GGs and aGGros are going to be coming through here? I know we've had discussions about it on the fringe, but this place has been largely a porthole to watch the squabbling. Now it feels like we are about have these fuckwits knocking at the door.

CaptainDong

Kiwi Farms resident WebMD substitute
kiwifarms.net
oh god i think i found one of the best quotes media has produced so far

'Unfortunately, we live in a world where Wu gave what she believed to be Connors’ name and address to the police — and the police did nothing.'

Maybe it's because he doesn't exist? I mean, you wouldn't expect the cops to actually show up and arrest Peter Griffin, would you? Same thing.

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuuuuuuck.... does this mean the GGs and aGGros are going to be coming through here? I know we've had discussions about it on the fringe, but this place has been largely a porthole to watch the squabbling. Now it feels like we are about have these fuckwits knocking at the door.
I wouldn't sweat it. I see no real reason people would post here when they have perfectly good hugboxes of their own to post in.

CaptainDong

Kiwi Farms resident WebMD substitute
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't sweat it. I see no real reason people would post here when they have perfectly good hugboxes of their own to post in.

Agreed. Even if they do come here to 'stand their ground' or whatever they feel they're doing, it won't last long. As soon as they figure out that everyone here isn't going to asspat them for everything they say, they'll move on.

Red_Rager

kiwifarms.net
I don't normally check Twitter out, but some of the comments on it's post are pretty hilarious...

"He needs to be publicly made an example of tho: The law doesn't care if a threat was a hoax. A threat is a threat."

"I call bullshit on him saying it was "joking around". He needs serious counseling so he is not a danger to others and himself."

" does this irresponsible jack-ass have any clue what he's done ? making people fear for their lives ?"

People this dumb really exist?
They are and the inspiraction for the Darwin Awards

They should settle it with a street race.
and a childrens' card game

Bateman

kiwifarms.net
Im2oDNj.png

Haha! That William Walker asshole. Man, these people just won't shut the fuck up for once, will they? No, no; we have to be right in the end! Swallowing our pride? What's that?

Frank_Jaeger

kiwifarms.net
Jezebel published an 'article' about how Jace is really Jan, gave excerpts from the Buzzfeed article, and got a response from Brianna Wu:

'When Wu originally began trying to find "Connors" and pursue criminal charges against him, "I felt guilty," she says. "It was clear from the videos that this was someone suffering from mental illness. I thought they needed professional help more than prison. Now finding out this is joke by this person that redoubles my effort to put him in jail."'
She felt so guilty she just had to tweet a picture of a courthouse with the caption "soon" and pictures of her restraining order forms to taunt the person she was supposedly in mortal fear of.

AnOminous

Go Speed Racer Go!
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is my understanding that if it came to a court challenge, Wu would essentially have to claim that she thought that threat was realistic. To which the judge would promptly reply "Get the fuck out of here". Different from a protective order.

There are two elements to an actionable threat from a civil standpoint. It has to be a threat that, from an objective standpoint, would cause a reasonable person fear. Jace's "threats" would not cause fear to a reasonable person (not an unreasonable deranged dude). The fact that Wu is a special moron does not give Wu special rights. Then, it has to have actually caused fear.

Yes, the courts still use actual facts and objective reality for decisions, not "muh feels."

I'm not even going to talk about criminal unless, by some bizarre inverse miracle, there is actually a dumbfuck prosecutor out there who would go after this.

She felt so guilty she just had to tweet a picture of a courthouse with the caption "soon" and pictures of her restraining order forms to taunt the person she was supposedly in mortal fear of.

And there's also this. And other similar behavior.

Being the party with the burden of proof, Wu would have to testify as to this actual fear.

Then comes the cross examination, full of things like tweets taunting the person she's supposedly terrified of.

Needless to say, this is completely inconsistent with claims of fear. You don't repeatedly taunt people you're supposedly terrified of.

The Dude

Make a difference in life. Gas a furry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've said it before: Brianna Wu, Professional Victim. Even when it becomes clear that she was never actually being threatened she says she was BEING THREATENED FOR REALZ U GUIZ! Someone hurt her feel-bads and made her look stupid (not hard to do, actually) and so she's still out for her pound of flesh. What a twat.