Wuhan Coronavirus: Are you working/school, or is it canceled. - Stupid poll

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Are you working or doing school right now?

• Working but the place is now closed because of virus

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Working in retail and it's open

Votes: 21 11.0%
  • Working in a factory and it's open

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • Working and they moved it to home

Votes: 43 22.5%
  • Got canned because of virus

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • School but is closed

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • School but is open

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Don't work/school at all because I'm derp!

Votes: 21 11.0%

• Total voters

vaporubber

I tell you what, this Goofus fellow is a dumbass!
kiwifarms.net
I’m a high school teacher. Our district is theoretically out for only two weeks, but I am virtually certain that almost all US schools will be online only for the rest of the semester, at the very least.

It’s really a mystery to me as to how any of this will go. I work at a decent school, but it’s still public and I have to pull teeth to get these r.etarded zoomers to do ANYTHING at all most days, and that’s with me breathing down their necks every second of the day. I can’t imagine that the majority of them will go through the effort of reading/doing assigned work that they aren’t physically forced to do. Not one bit. In the end, all I can do is give them the work, and if they don’t do it, that’s on the parents as far as I’m concerned.

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
I’m a high school teacher. Our district is theoretically out for only two weeks, but I am virtually certain that almost all US schools will be online only for the rest of the semester, at the very least.

It’s really a mystery to me as to how any of this will go. I work at a decent school, but it’s still public and I have to pull teeth to get these r.etarded zoomers to do ANYTHING at all most days, and that’s with me breathing down their necks every second of the day. I can’t imagine that the majority of them will go through the effort of reading/doing assigned work that they aren’t physically forced to do. Not one bit. In the end, all I can do is give them the work, and if they don’t do it, that’s on the parents as far as I’m concerned.
I'm afraid to Google if they cancelled the AP exams, though they might've actually done that considering I heard the May SAT was cancelled (RIP class of 2021). If this happened a couple years earlier during my senior year of high school and cancelled my Calculus AB and Physics C: Mechanics exams, I would've killed myself.

spencer reid

not spencer reid
kiwifarms.net
Finished my last face to face classes for this year today. In the UK and it didn't look like other unis were getting cancelled so thought we'd carry on. We were going to finish early April anyway so kinda wish they didn't cancel.
Haven't done online classes before but will have to get used to it. Wouldn't normally mind getting time off but I'm paying for this. Need that structure.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Working from home as of last Friday. Funny thing about that is I remember being told several times last year that my work couldn't be done from home but I've been doing everything just fine since a couple of minor adjustments were made. As a result, I've heard from the head of the department that they will be allowing a real work from home option moving forward for me.

So, in an odd way, the corona virus has helped. Thank, Corona-chan?

Still Anonymous For This

I've never even been to Vienna.
kiwifarms.net
I had just moved jobs and started my new job yesterday when we started to get Peak WuFlu in my state.

My work is planning to send us to work from home, but they're vehemently opposed to doing it unless they're forced to by government mandate or someone in the office comes down with it. The IT guy there is a real cool dude, but otherwise a hopeless boomer who obviously can't fix anything by the amount of shit already broken, and his business plan for people working from home is supremo autismo. Having to rely on us utilizing our personal computers to access company software with zero support while at home.

I'm hoping we get sent home, because I know nothing will work, so I can happily shrug my shoulders and get a month or two off work.

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
Working from home as of last Friday. Funny thing about that is I remember being told several times last year that my work couldn't be done from home but I've been doing everything just fine since a couple of minor adjustments were made. As a result, I've heard from the head of the department that they will be allowing a real work from home option moving forward for me.

So, in an odd way, the corona virus has helped. Thank, Corona-chan?
If this shitshow causes a massive amount of programming jobs to permanently switch to work-from-home, it will actually be worth it :)

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I work at a teen center managed by the city's parks and recreation department so we got closed along with all the schools in the district and a few other local youth programs. My boss did say something to the effect of finding job opportunities for us during this time, so I might not be totally out of work. I do plan to fully enjoy my Coronacation and get lots of art and skateboarding done.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Always had the option to work from the office or from home, now it's from home as the offices have been scaled down to absolute barebones personnel. I was sick already for almost two weeks, but it probably was just the flu bro. I sure hope right now I won't get volunteered if my government gets really desperate, I'm in a position where that might happen. Maybe my age will protect me from that.

I don't really like working from home because it invites procrastination too much for me. I'm a lazy bastard and literally can't with all this freedom.

Un Platano

🐥🍌
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm afraid to Google if they cancelled the AP exams, though they might've actually done that considering I heard the May SAT was cancelled (RIP class of 2021). If this happened a couple years earlier during my senior year of high school and cancelled my Calculus AB and Physics C: Mechanics exams, I would've killed myself.
I've heard CollegeBoard is developing a method to take the SAT at home. I don't know how they plan on offering that in a way that prevents cheating though. Even if they lock down your computer and force you to record yourself the whole time there's plenty of ways you could get around any method they use to prevent it. If they do it, expect to see SAT scores this year soar.

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
I've heard CollegeBoard is developing a method to take the SAT at home. I don't know how they plan on offering that in a way that prevents cheating though. Even if they lock down your computer and force you to record yourself the whole time there's plenty of ways you could get around any method they use to prevent it. If they do it, expect to see SAT scores this year soar.
With all the shit today's juniors are going through, Harvard's 2021(-2023?) entering class is probably going to have like a 1430 average SAT and 3.7 average weighted GPA considering how many ivy-aiming overachievers are probably going "fuck this" and nope-ing out at the moment.

If they do hold AP's this year, I'm genuinely curious what the score distributions will be.

EDIT: Apparently they're considering making the AP's take-homes this year. inb4 literally every test's distribution is clustered at the 5.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this elsewhere but I got a new job as of tommorow a full week ago, worked three days then had to stay home because it's a steakhouse/bar. It's in the NJ city of Hoboken and the city is under quarintine. No non esential bussiniess like bars, night clubs and some resturants have to be closed until further notice and ones that can be open can only sell food for takeout and delivery. Plus they need to close by ten pm due to a city wide curfew so...idk what I'm gonna do. Might have to file unemployment until the emergency passes or hopefully that 1000 relief bill for out of work citizens passes in Congress. A democrat idea that I can actually agree with.

Should have seen this coming though, some Asian chick and her gal pals puked at the bar last Thursday... turns out one of them later tested positive for corvid 19 😱

I work in an office. We have no plans to close, though we are moving everything to remote meetings.

My throat is beginning to feel yucky. I thought I would buy a thermometer in order to self-monitor. There are no such things as thermometers anymore.

My current coworkers are the nicest people I have ever worked with and I was just promoted. If I feel worse in the morning, I will go to the hospital. If I test positive, I will be very sad.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
Government contracted call center here. If anything work is ramping up and since were considered essential personnel for relaying policy and messages, I'm feeling extra secure with my paycheck.

Reactions: FuckedUp

Plastic Inevitable

Actually not a TERF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm considered an essential employee so normally I'd be going into the office but I've also been sick for the past few days (low-grade fever, snotty nose, muscle aches, ibuprofen-resistant headache, general malaise) so I've stayed home. There's been no corona in my general area and I haven't traveled to corona-ridden places in the past four weeks so I'm guessing it's just a cold? Who knows!

ClipBitch

kiwifarms.net
My friend (whomst lives with me) has received the option to work from home but they refuse and continue going to work as normal. It's pissing me off.

• Feels
Reactions: Cosmos

Ubiquitous

kiwifarms.net
I work in a supermarket, which needs to remain open so I don't think my job's in danger yet. I am however, being exposed to people on a regular basis which isn't great.

Our hot water's not working atm (we're waiting on a part) so we've got these hand basins that you plug into the wall to heat water in the drum.

I'm wondering if I've already caught it at some point; I did have a dry cough and felt hot for a couple of days a few weeks back. If that's the case then hopefully it shouldn't give me more trouble.. Unless I catch the more aggressive strain.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
My college closed its physical institutions for two weeks and will resume as online classes afterwards.

What sucks is that I'm supposed to graduate this semester. I've got a sibling whose graduation was flat out cancelled (not postponed, no word on rescheduling, just cancelled), so that's already got me concerned. But what's got me depressed is that I now have to spend my last few weeks in college online away from my friends and professors. What a way to close out senior year.

EDIT: And my graduation commencement's been cancelled. Fuckin' hell...

Last edited:
Tags
None