Wuhan Coronavirus: Are you working/school, or is it canceled. - Stupid poll

Are you working or doing school right now?

• Working but the place is now closed because of virus

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • Working in retail and it's open

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Working in a factory and it's open

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Working and they moved it to home

Votes: 44 22.8%
  • Got canned because of virus

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • School but is closed

Votes: 37 19.2%
  • School but is open

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Don't work/school at all because I'm derp!

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters

No Ma'ams Land

Read Sutter Cane
kiwifarms.net
Still on-site, but have some of us remoting in, with more coming in the next weeks. Finding laptops for all these people is a chore.

Reactions: xr95

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Still on-site, but have some of us remoting in, with more coming in the next weeks. Finding laptops for all these people is a chore.
Pretty much my situation, I'm the only one in my team to be at the office downtown. It's great.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Clinic closed except for clients who need their psych meds via shots or blood work so i get a break, though we can do skype/phone/text/email if someone is in crisis or to do weekly checks.

Schools still on for me since i'm editing my disertation with a mentor and that doesnt require in-person.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m working. I’m a receptionist and now I’m covering for the other receptionist because she’s old so they sent her home. Everyone else in my office is alternating days of going home and working in the office. I’m one of the very few people who has to stay in the building full-time.

I’m salty for a couple of reasons. First, I have an autoimmune disorder that has narrowed my airway due to inflammation and scar tissue, so it’s critical that I don’t get sick because I could be in serious trouble if I develop any respiratory problems. My employer is aware of this but gave me sanitizing wipes/spray and a more isolated area to work in and said that’d keep me safe. Can’t help but be annoyed that they thought my coworker was too much at risk to keep around due to her age but I’m fine despite having an autoimmune disorder, apparently.

I’m also annoyed because I’ve been deemed “essential staff” and can’t work from home yet I know for a fact I’m among the lowest earners in this company. My goal all along has been to get promoted to a higher-paying position that’s not as high-demand as being a receptionist is and this whole situation has basically just confirmed that. If I’m going to be considered essential I want a paycheck that makes it worth it.

It also doesn’t help that everyone in my family except my mom is either quarantined and off work or working from home so I’m jealous.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
My college closed its physical institutions for two weeks and will resume as online classes afterwards.

What sucks is that I'm supposed to graduate this semester. I've got a sibling whose graduation was flat out cancelled (not postponed, no word on rescheduling, just cancelled), so that's already got me concerned. But what's got me depressed is that I now have to spend my last few weeks in college online away from my friends and professors. What a way to close out senior year.

EDIT: And my graduation commencement's been cancelled. Fuckin' hell...
Dude, that shit is literally a giant snoozefest. It's the afterparty where it's at.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Working from home as of last Friday. Funny thing about that is I remember being told several times last year that my work couldn't be done from home but I've been doing everything just fine since a couple of minor adjustments were made. As a result, I've heard from the head of the department that they will be allowing a real work from home option moving forward for me.

So, in an odd way, the corona virus has helped. Thank, Corona-chan?
Corona-chan has proven that a lot of white collar jobs can be done from home, it’s just outdated social norms about “going to the office” that forces people to commute to workplaces.

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Working at the airport. doubt they'll stop the flights but they've been laying people off in our parent company and the place is as full as ever.

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
On spring break right now. Classes are moved online starting next Monday until at least April 3, though I'm hearing rumors they are going to extend that.
They just called it. Rest of the semester has been moved online. They are kicking everyone out of the dorms except international students, and are shutting down most dining services.

• Feels
Reactions: FuckedUp

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Work is a ghost town even though nothing have been shut down yet. Trying to reach someone in other departments by phone is hopeless, the outgoing message is the standard "so-and-so is in a meeting and can't be reached right now, please try again later". Meetings my ass, that's the same trick they use to ghost work when leaving after an early lunch on fridays.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone I know got injured on the job a while back, required surgery and finally got it, and is now laid up on workman's comp while recovering. They work construction in the entertainment industry. Movies mainly but also some TV and building elaborate sets for touring bands and stuff.

The timing is as good as it gets for them tbh, because the movie studios have shut down, nearly every recording artist's tour is cancelled, etc. An absolute shit ton of people are out of work, just like that.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
Just got the word my projects been suspended till further notice. I just have a two day drive home through podunk America with only two sizable cities to pass through but I managed to get enough food, water, and sanitizer to make it home. I hope to make it home before it gets worse and be close enough to my folks to get what they need.

Reactions: JambledUpWords

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spring break got extended. It's supposed to start up online in a couple of days, but I'm not optimistic since my area is starting to get hit by the virus.

• Feels
Reactions: JambledUpWords

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
I'm working. Technically not today because it's a mon-fri job, but I'm still driving to the office. This week has been super busy for me, as I've been helping people take their computer towers, monitors, printers, and keyboard/mouse to their car so they can set it up in their homes. In fact I've had to make a few house calls because of technical issues in their houses after they hooked everything up. Monday I have to head to someone's house first thing in the morning before i head to the office. I've barely had the chance to glance at the IT Help Desk mailbox, but thankfully there's two other people working remotely that have been doing that as a back-up while I'm out and about.

Botched Tit Job

Rachet & Sad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Working from home indefinitely. I'm supposed to stay home, but since I'm in IT I have full clearance to go in to the office as much as I want, so I'm there a few days a week for a change of scenery. My gym closed so I've just been doing sprints around my empty office building since it's just a big circle.

My partners classes have switched to online for the semester, so it'll be fascinating to see how the chem lab plays out.

Tags
None