Wuhan Coronavirus: Are you working/school, or is it canceled. - Stupid poll

Are you working or doing school right now?

• Working but the place is now closed because of virus

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • Working in retail and it's open

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Working in a factory and it's open

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Working and they moved it to home

Votes: 44 22.8%
  • Got canned because of virus

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • School but is closed

Votes: 37 19.2%
  • School but is open

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Don't work/school at all because I'm derp!

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters

thesteppenwolf

kiwifarms.net
I work in a clothing store. The shop closed on March the 11th and it was said that it would re-open on the 25th. Here we're still on lockdown so probably it won't re-open for another month. I was hired on March the 2th so I basically worked there for a just a week. I have no idea of what my paycheck will look like lol

Burn Book

Bye Dush Bags
kiwifarms.net
I work for a modeling agency and things are a fucking mess right now. I work from home at the moment, but considering everything is getting cancelled there is way less to do than usual and we have no idea what will happen in the upcoming weeks and if we're gonna have any work at all. We can't really sign new contracts, we can't send models anywhere, there are no castings happening, no shoots and no shows. No idea when all this ends (and which countries will be the first to deal with this shit) so it's pretty much impossible to plan for the future. At least my bosses are being reasonable.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The wildlife clinic where I volunteer is still open, seeing how we're essentially a hospital. But our front desk people aren't coming in and we've changed some procedures regarding intakes and general cleaning. We have a lot of older people that volunteer so it would be quite bad for someone to bring it in. I don't want to leave the house more than necissary but we're short on people right now and there have been nearby oil spills so we're about to get hit with an influx of birds, so I'm considering coming in some extra days.

Massive Fae Goat

Live, Laugh, Lasagna
kiwifarms.net
I work in a pharmacy in a grocery store so I'm in this for the long haul. People are acting fucking r.etarded and swarming around each other while also starting fights over shit they don't need in the front of the store. In my pharmacy we are limiting antibiotics and inhalers. People are going bonkers to make sure they have enough medication and getting pissy with us when they are out refills and have to contact their doctors. I feel bad for our older and very ill patients/ family members, but a lot of junkies are trying to take advantage of this and get narcotics early and that's not fucking happening so they are getting real mean. It's turned me into a swearing cunt to everyone and all we can do to keep sane is blast classic rock and make fun of people in the stores. I absolutely have to commend our employees out front. They are in the thick of everything and they are managing to keep a cooler head than me.

Return of the Freaker

You used to call me on my freak phone
kiwifarms.net
I'm working from home, but I'm super fucking salty. Why? My current job is a contract position and the company I'm at had already decided they weren't going past 15 months and gave notice back at the start of January. Between then and now, I had landed a phone interview which went super well. I had an actual interview scheduled, which looked almost certain to lead into a smooth job transition and possibly to being an actual employee (vs a contractor) after 6 months. If that didn't work out, there was a long-term contract job with the city of Cleveland that looked promising. My in-person interview was supposed to have been this past Monday, but the Friday before the company froze all hiring because of the virus. And then Governor DeWine shut everything down Sunday/Monday. Cleveland has shut everything down too. Hooray unemployment!

Yoghurt Baby

funny meme reference
kiwifarms.net
I work at a popular chain coffee shop. Most of the stores in the city are closed now, including mine as of yesterday. The good news is that the company is giving a month of pay to any employee who's store is closed. It's better than any of my friends who have been laid off. And when the stores reopen we have guaranteed jobs if we still wanna work there. It's a huge blessing because without it I'd be completley fucked.

Thanks, soybucks.

Diesel

I shaved my pubes for this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess I'm still working but I'm cut down to 15 hours a week.
They said no layoffs and I still have insurance so it could be worse.
My old boss said he would call me if he had any work and I'm doing some stuff with a house flipper to get some extra cash.
My savings + tax return + part time work will keep me going for a few months so I think I'll be fine.

• Feels
Reactions: TheYellowKing

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tasteful in any season. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
My boss is still keeping our six days a week office hours through tax season even though business is a bit slower than usual right now for three main reasons:
  • Prior to COVID-19, industry experts were saying tax returns for the first half of tax season were less than those filed a year ago. Our own numbers to that point support this observation.
  • COVID-19 has likely kept some clients, especially our senior citizens, away out of fear of being exposed to the virus during the commute to and from our office, and
  • The fact that the IRS has announced the deadline for individual Federal tax returns (and selected other items) has been moved from April 15 to July 15 -- thus making it less urgent for clients to come flocking to us in late March/early April.
I also learned yesterday that one of our clients that has yet to pick up his taxes is presently in the hospital for an unspecified reason. I pray to Godbear it's for any reason other than COVID-19. Luckily he dropped off his family's taxes more than two weeks ago, but it's still scary to think about.

If our governor were to tell everyone to stop going out in public any time soon, I have no idea what will happen to the workplace because my boss is old enough to retire at any time (and may be looking to do so this Summer) -- meaning that a possible a shutdown now would result in her doing that sooner than anticipated.

I'm also studying for a professional certification and with schools and other learning centers closed down, I can't help wondering if my plans to take the three exams I need to pass will be delayed if the testing centers are closed. The up side would be that I'd have more time to study and prepare.

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
Went for an interview for a job I've been trying to get for a while. I was told I'd hear back from them within 2 weeks. That was 4 weeks ago. I don't think I'm going to get the job now, or at least not going to start working for a few months. I guess that's what I get for trying to get a job in hospitality just as everything starts getting shut down and tourism comes to an absolute zero.

Tags
None