Wuhan Coronavirus: Con-artists Megathread - One stop shopping for those who want to spend $100 on a bottle of rubbing alcohol

ditto

kiwifarms.net
Bring Tammy Faye back damnit
How about this Tammy Wiseau?
1584249594653.png

wokelizard

kiwifarms.net
People are claiming anything and everything can cure Corona, from garlic and masturbating to cocaine and bleach.
Bats are massive incubators for viruses like this because they don't get sick enough to die from them, maybe because flying every day gives them a bump in body temperature that boosts their immune system or makes it too unfavourable for the viruses to get a foothold. Maybe humans could mimic that with daily stimulant use and frantic masturbation, so not going to immediately dismiss the idea. Got to weigh that against fucking up your dopamine system and possible psychosis.

large_farva

~~gentle hugs~~
kiwifarms.net
The price gouging on etsy for masks a few weeks ago. Ebay and Etsy shut this all down soon after, but it was crazy to see it, so I snagged some screenshots, all from Feb 16

n95 etsy4.pngn95 etsy 3.pngn95 etsy 2.png
n95 etsy 1.png
n95 etsy 5.png
n95 etsy4.png

MediocreMilt

JUST
kiwifarms.net
The price gouging on etsy for masks a few weeks ago. Ebay and Etsy shut this all down soon after, but it was crazy to see it, so I snagged some screenshots, all from Feb 16

View attachment 1189255View attachment 1189256View attachment 1189257
View attachment 1189258
View attachment 1189254
View attachment 1189255
God, as far as masks, everyone only focuses on the doomer medical angle of not having enough. Just wait until construction/maintenance firms run out of their n95s.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God, as far as masks, everyone only focuses on the doomer medical angle of not having enough. Just wait until construction/maintenance firms run out of their n95s.
Or one or two factories manufacturing them shut down because half their staff is sick. If/when we start to see infrastructure failing, head to your bunker. Bouncing back from that will take years.

Sam Losco

Delusional ResetEra tranny
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://archive.vn/9eszm
The Man With 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer Just Donated Them

On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.
Officials from the Tennessee attorney general’s office on Sunday took the other third, which they plan to give to their counterparts in Kentucky for distribution. (Mr. Colvin and his brother Noah bought some of the supplies in Kentucky this month.)

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://archive.vn/9eszm
The Man With 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer Just Donated Them

On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.
Officials from the Tennessee attorney general’s office on Sunday took the other third, which they plan to give to their counterparts in Kentucky for distribution. (Mr. Colvin and his brother Noah bought some of the supplies in Kentucky this month.)
The picture is beautiful.

Fucking autists doxed his fucking storage area after he posted pictures of it.
image_2020_03_16T02_58_46_966Z.png

The only reason he donated and cleared it was because he got a Cease & Desist and the Attorney General sent motherfuckers with guns to tell him he as a shithead.

LordofTendons

Demigod of Peace
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1190101

The only reason he donated and cleared it was because he got a Cease & Desist and the Attorney General sent motherfuckers with guns to tell him he as a shithead.

I wonder if he gets to take the donation as a tax write off.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, there is recognizing that a pandemic naturally results in higher prices because you have to pay more for transportation, sanitation, handling etc.

On the other hand, fuck price gougers.

It's a hard decision.

JULAY

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1190101

What exactly did this tard think was going to result from being in the New York goddamned Times? That people were going to feel bad for poor little old him, stuck with all of these hoarded supplies and nobody to gouge? Fucking moron.

Before all this started, paying $20 for an N95 mask retail was not unheard of.

Professionally, I use N95s for respiratory protection, there's often silica and mold in the air in places I visit (amongst other things.) There's not always a way to get them before I head to a location, sometimes I get off a flight and hit an Ace to pick up a pack. I've paid $20+ for the mask in the photo.

Not every N95 mask is the same. This one has a strip of aluminum at the top that form fits it to your nose. The seal is not air tight, I use something better if I need to be onsite for more than a day. But it's sufficient for entering a structure with a flashlight and taking pictures. The reason for choosing this one is how quickly it can be fitted and the field of vision. You don't want to be operating instruments with your face fully covered and risk missing details.

Selling a box of 50 of these for $1000 is not price gauging. That's just what someone could get selling them individually at retail. Wholesale prices are better, I've bought boxes of 300 for about $700. The markup at a hardware store for anything related to health and safety starts at 4x, that's the price of convenience.

You are being jewed if you're paying $20 for an FFP2/N95 mask in non-coronavirus panic conditions. Even if it's some fancy unit with an exhaust vent and other bells and whistles. $20 is about the price of a 3M multi-use respirator body, another $10 and you can buy the most basic dust cassettes that slot into it. Most Russian webstores have pricing saved for items that are sold out, so looking at 3M FFP2 (equivalent to N95 for the purposes of stopping aerosolized particles) respirators that they had in stock before they ran out shows prices around 63 rubles (less than a dollar) for 3M 8102's.

Even fancy-pants masks that aren't your basic bitch half-mask with a crimpy nose bit are way less than $20 a pop.

Radical Cadre

kiwifarms.net
What exactly did this tard think was going to result from being in the New York goddamned Times? That people were going to feel bad for poor little old him, stuck with all of these hoarded supplies and nobody to gouge? Fucking moron.
Must sell the forsythia to the dumb masses.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
You are being jewed if you're paying $20 for an FFP2/N95 mask in non-coronavirus panic conditions. Even if it's some fancy unit with an exhaust vent and other bells and whistles. $20 is about the price of a 3M multi-use respirator body, another $10 and you can buy the most basic dust cassettes that slot into it. Most Russian webstores have pricing saved for items that are sold out, so looking at 3M FFP2 (equivalent to N95 for the purposes of stopping aerosolized particles) respirators that they had in stock before they ran out shows prices around 63 rubles (less than a dollar) for 3M 8102's.

Even fancy-pants masks that aren't your basic bitch half-mask with a crimpy nose bit are way less than $20 a pop.
I know I can get them cheaper, but can I get them cheaper off the shelf at a Home Depot in an airport near Houston on my way to a refinery?

Convenience has a price. I'm just saying one way to explain the pricing we see for masks is people are selling them for full retail.

I know I can get them cheaper, but can I get them cheaper off the shelf at a Home Depot in an airport near Houston on my way to a refinery?

Convenience has a price. I'm just saying one way to explain the pricing we see for masks is people are selling them for full retail.

Using pricing of items in an airport as a way to gauge their actual retail pricing is pretty exceptional. A bottle of water doesn't cost $10 anywhere in the US except an airport. Same idea here.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Family Dollar near my house had almost all the tp, rubbing alcohol, soap and sanitizer sold out. Only stuff for dishwashers and big bottles of name brand soap like Dawn where left and name brand to in multipacks like Charmin were left. Most likely because it's in the middle of a nigga ghetto and they're too cheap/broke to buy the real stuff. Thought surprisingly the vitamins and supplements were almost untouched. Now literally a day later and they're restocking the shelves. Panic buyers are bigger idiots than the scammers fleecing them.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Colloidal silver -- that's that shit that turns your skin blue, right?

Vitamins and supplements are mostly bullshit -- you don't really need that crap.

AgateCameo

kiwifarms.net
There are three new deaths from coronavirus (COVID-19) in B.C., as well as 30 new cases. All three deaths are residents at the Lynn Valley Care Centre in North Vancouver, where an elderly man recently died from the coronavirus.

Canada now has 441 cases up 98 from yesterday.