Wuhan Coronavirus - COVID-19 Analysis & Summary - This is not just fucking pneumonia. It is everything but the kitchen sink. Lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, brain, blood vessels, testes. It affects them all.

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Brillig

Slithy Terve
kiwifarms.net
Nothing about the past 20 years makes any sense to me at all.

Beginning with 9/11, there has been a huge erosion of people's rights in the West, accompanied by the creeping rise of the surveillance state. Nobody cares that there are CCTV cameras, RFID readers and chain-link fences everywhere, now.

Saddam didn't have WMDs, and Afghanistan wasn't hiding OBL. Nobody cares that we basically killed a quarter of a million people to get one guy.

Obama campaigned on a promise to close Gitmo and end the Bush-era warmongering. He did neither of these things. In fact, years later, he pulls a Bill Clinton and starts even more shit. Nobody cares about this, least of all the voting public. In fact, they elected him for a second term.

The Iraq War Logs and the US Diplomatic Cables are leaked on Wikileaks, showing all the blue-on-blue incidents and how Iraq had death squads and torture units that the US supported, as well as the disgusting backroom deals that occurred in the years previous. Nobody cares.

Chinese sweatshops work teenagers to the fucking bone, making them live in cockroach-infested dormitories and take sponge baths, and paying them half a dollar a fucking hour to work fifteen, even sixteen hours a day, sticking feet on the bottom of computer mice. Also, Foxconn (Foxdie?) erected suicide nets around their dorms because their workers were so despondent that they were jumping off of them and going splat on the pavement. Nobody cares. Fuck 'em. We need our mice and we need our phones.

All the columbite-tantalite we need for the niobium and tantalum in all our tech comes out of the Congo, with steely-eyed sentries roaming around with AK-47s and watching over workers sifting through mud with their bare hands, their finger not far from the trigger should the local warlord's slaves decide to flee. This is where all our smartphones come from. Nobody gives one single fuck.

Osama Bin Laden was hiding out in Pakistan, our alleged ally. In Abbottabad, no less, which is basically the West Point of Pakistan. There is no way that the ISI didn't know exactly where he was, and yet, he hid out for years there and no one gave a fuck. Also, no one seemed to give a shit about Al-Qaeda's obvious Saudi connections and funding. Also, Pakistan straight up gave intel on the broken-off tail boom of our super-secret crashed stealth Blackhawk to the Chinese, but nobody cares.

A bunch of spook-sponsored fake color revolution activists started shit all across the Middle East, and then the Responsibility to Protect (a.k.a. "Humanitarian Invasions", a.k.a. "Imperialism with a Smile") was used as an excuse to bomb the fuck out of Libya, destroying their government and a great deal of valuable civilian infrastructure. Libya is now a failed state, years later, and we abandoned those people to their fate, but nobody cares.

We gave shitloads of weapons to Syrian rebels through operation Timber Sycamore. Salafi assholes were filming themselves shouting Takbirs while firing TOW missiles, which each cost as much as a brand-new Corvette, at Syrian and Russian tanks. Nobody cares that we just spent thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars over the course of a decade hunting down and killing Salafi motherfuckers, just to arm another bunch of them just like the Mujahideen back in the eighties.

The CIA torture report was published, confirming that, yes indeed, the CIA tortures and rapes people. Nobody seems to give a shit that our tax dollars funded torture and rape. In fact, people cared more about the fictional Sansa Stark being raped by the equally fictional Ramsay Bolton than they did about actual people having feeding tubes shoved up their asses by our government. Before you say they deserved it, many Gitmo detainees were random people off the street who were literally sold to us.

People made a big huge deal about Trump being tough on immigration, despite the fact that Obama and Biden loved deporting the fuck out of people. Obama kept people in cages, first. Nobody cares.

Refugees from Syria literally sell their fucking kidneys to human traffickers to flee the violence and instability. We made these people homeless with our own actions. Nobody cares. In fact, the media doesn't even refer to where these people even came from by name. They're just "refugees", as if they came out of the fucking ether. Nobody cares about that, either.

All our media is owned and operated by six giant, monopolistic corporations, spewing propaganda at the American public, but nobody cares. Also, our government made it legal to spew propaganda at us, and nobody cares about that, either.

Apple, Google, and Facebook are all gigantic fucking trusts on-par with Standard Oil. Nobody cares. Who will break them up, anyway? Who has the balls? They own all our politicians. They gather data on all of us and they invade our privacy, and nobody cares. In fact, we straight-up fucking give them all our fucking information. When you sign up for Facebook, they already know who all your friends are, because they have Facebook, and Facebook has access to their contacts. Zuckerberg can surmise exactly who you are even if you aren't on his fucking service. Nobody cares about this.

Jeff Epstein clearly didn't kill himself, and Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew clearly didn't fly on his plane just so they could sit on the beach and sip Mai Tais in the Caribbean. Nobody cares. It's old hat. It's yesterday's news. Look! Virus!

Wikileaks released the OPCW Douma files showing that the OPCW tried quashing a contradictory report that showed that not only did the alleged gas canisters appear to have been hand-placed by people on the ground, the concentrations of chlorine were in the parts-per-billion range, similar to what you'd expect from the use of household bleach.

Chinese scientists tried smuggling biological samples out of a BSL-4 lab in Canada and out of Boston's Logan International Airport, but nobody cares. That's obviously nothing. Somebody ate bat soup and started coofing. The virus definitely didn't come out of a laboratory. They didn't steal coronavirus samples. They tried stealing Ebola and Nipah, two extremely deadly pathogens, but just ignore that. It wasn't SARS, so it doesn't matter. Oh, wait, China bought up all our PPE and we hate them, now, so maybe it did come out of a laboratory.

Julian Assange got treated to a Kafkaesque trial where he's kept separate from his own lawyers in a glass box and can't even pass notes to them. Besides, isn't he a rapist, or something? Don't you know you can't get away with rape unless you're Joe Biden? Anyway, nobody cares.

On most of the boards I've been on in the past ten years, you can shout about this shit until you're blue in the face, and not a single one of these neoliberal jackholes will shed even one crocodile tear over any of it. Instead, the bunch of psychopaths will slither their snake tongues and blink their nictitating membranes sideways and say "I don't care," without a hint of sarcasm.

Because they don't. They don't care. Nobody cares.

They care more about how video game characters are clothed. They care more about TV shows, books, and movies meeting diversity quotas and works of narrative fiction in general not having naughty plot devices in them like racism, rape, and rapism, or whatever.

The more I look at the state of the planet today, the more convinced I am that the NPC meme and clown world are an accurate portrayal of our present state of affairs.

It wasn't the Ben Shapiros and Steve Bannons of the world who led me to this conclusion.

It was talking with liberals. Just, you know. Conversing with them idly for the better part of a decade until I grew so disgusted that I just couldn't take it anymore.

At this rate, people will die if we don't reopen. Up to 30 million jobless already? Jesus. This is the fuckening to end all fuckenings. This is the Great Depression all over again.
Sometimes a lot of details are more convincing than one sentence. And there is nothing wrong with letting off steam either. I don't know why anger is so frowned upon here. Where else are people allowed to get mad without someone calling a security guard?

What are we supposed to do about these things? We can't even get the gov to see reason about lockdowns. The gov doesn't answer its emails. Protests around here are filled with faux antifa, gunrunners and fundie Christians. All this has done is create more paranoiacs.

People and animals were dying of starvation when I was in Thailand in March. I was just thankful to be able to get a ticket home and see my family again. At least here the popo weren't ticketing us for taking an evening stroll.

Unyielding Stupidity

i will become back my money
kiwifarms.net
Nothing about the past 20 years makes any sense to me at all.

Beginning with 9/11, there has been a huge erosion of people's rights in the West, accompanied by the creeping rise of the surveillance state. Nobody cares that there are CCTV cameras, RFID readers and chain-link fences everywhere, now.

Saddam didn't have WMDs, and Afghanistan wasn't hiding OBL. Nobody cares that we basically killed a quarter of a million people to get one guy.

Obama campaigned on a promise to close Gitmo and end the Bush-era warmongering. He did neither of these things. In fact, years later, he pulls a Bill Clinton and starts even more shit. Nobody cares about this, least of all the voting public. In fact, they elected him for a second term.

The Iraq War Logs and the US Diplomatic Cables are leaked on Wikileaks, showing all the blue-on-blue incidents and how Iraq had death squads and torture units that the US supported, as well as the disgusting backroom deals that occurred in the years previous. Nobody cares.

Chinese sweatshops work teenagers to the fucking bone, making them live in cockroach-infested dormitories and take sponge baths, and paying them half a dollar a fucking hour to work fifteen, even sixteen hours a day, sticking feet on the bottom of computer mice. Also, Foxconn (Foxdie?) erected suicide nets around their dorms because their workers were so despondent that they were jumping off of them and going splat on the pavement. Nobody cares. Fuck 'em. We need our mice and we need our phones.

All the columbite-tantalite we need for the niobium and tantalum in all our tech comes out of the Congo, with steely-eyed sentries roaming around with AK-47s and watching over workers sifting through mud with their bare hands, their finger not far from the trigger should the local warlord's slaves decide to flee. This is where all our smartphones come from. Nobody gives one single fuck.

Osama Bin Laden was hiding out in Pakistan, our alleged ally. In Abbottabad, no less, which is basically the West Point of Pakistan. There is no way that the ISI didn't know exactly where he was, and yet, he hid out for years there and no one gave a fuck. Also, no one seemed to give a shit about Al-Qaeda's obvious Saudi connections and funding. Also, Pakistan straight up gave intel on the broken-off tail boom of our super-secret crashed stealth Blackhawk to the Chinese, but nobody cares.

A bunch of spook-sponsored fake color revolution activists started shit all across the Middle East, and then the Responsibility to Protect (a.k.a. "Humanitarian Invasions", a.k.a. "Imperialism with a Smile") was used as an excuse to bomb the fuck out of Libya, destroying their government and a great deal of valuable civilian infrastructure. Libya is now a failed state, years later, and we abandoned those people to their fate, but nobody cares.

We gave shitloads of weapons to Syrian rebels through operation Timber Sycamore. Salafi assholes were filming themselves shouting Takbirs while firing TOW missiles, which each cost as much as a brand-new Corvette, at Syrian and Russian tanks. Nobody cares that we just spent thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars over the course of a decade hunting down and killing Salafi motherfuckers, just to arm another bunch of them just like the Mujahideen back in the eighties.

The CIA torture report was published, confirming that, yes indeed, the CIA tortures and rapes people. Nobody seems to give a shit that our tax dollars funded torture and rape. In fact, people cared more about the fictional Sansa Stark being raped by the equally fictional Ramsay Bolton than they did about actual people having feeding tubes shoved up their asses by our government. Before you say they deserved it, many Gitmo detainees were random people off the street who were literally sold to us.

People made a big huge deal about Trump being tough on immigration, despite the fact that Obama and Biden loved deporting the fuck out of people. Obama kept people in cages, first. Nobody cares.

Refugees from Syria literally sell their fucking kidneys to human traffickers to flee the violence and instability. We made these people homeless with our own actions. Nobody cares. In fact, the media doesn't even refer to where these people even came from by name. They're just "refugees", as if they came out of the fucking ether. Nobody cares about that, either.

All our media is owned and operated by six giant, monopolistic corporations, spewing propaganda at the American public, but nobody cares. Also, our government made it legal to spew propaganda at us, and nobody cares about that, either.

Apple, Google, and Facebook are all gigantic fucking trusts on-par with Standard Oil. Nobody cares. Who will break them up, anyway? Who has the balls? They own all our politicians. They gather data on all of us and they invade our privacy, and nobody cares. In fact, we straight-up fucking give them all our fucking information. When you sign up for Facebook, they already know who all your friends are, because they have Facebook, and Facebook has access to their contacts. Zuckerberg can surmise exactly who you are even if you aren't on his fucking service. Nobody cares about this.

Jeff Epstein clearly didn't kill himself, and Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew clearly didn't fly on his plane just so they could sit on the beach and sip Mai Tais in the Caribbean. Nobody cares. It's old hat. It's yesterday's news. Look! Virus!

Wikileaks released the OPCW Douma files showing that the OPCW tried quashing a contradictory report that showed that not only did the alleged gas canisters appear to have been hand-placed by people on the ground, the concentrations of chlorine were in the parts-per-billion range, similar to what you'd expect from the use of household bleach.

Chinese scientists tried smuggling biological samples out of a BSL-4 lab in Canada and out of Boston's Logan International Airport, but nobody cares. That's obviously nothing. Somebody ate bat soup and started coofing. The virus definitely didn't come out of a laboratory. They didn't steal coronavirus samples. They tried stealing Ebola and Nipah, two extremely deadly pathogens, but just ignore that. It wasn't SARS, so it doesn't matter. Oh, wait, China bought up all our PPE and we hate them, now, so maybe it did come out of a laboratory.

Julian Assange got treated to a Kafkaesque trial where he's kept separate from his own lawyers in a glass box and can't even pass notes to them. Besides, isn't he a rapist, or something? Don't you know you can't get away with rape unless you're Joe Biden? Anyway, nobody cares.

On most of the boards I've been on in the past ten years, you can shout about this shit until you're blue in the face, and not a single one of these neoliberal jackholes will shed even one crocodile tear over any of it. Instead, the bunch of psychopaths will slither their snake tongues and blink their nictitating membranes sideways and say "I don't care," without a hint of sarcasm.

Because they don't. They don't care. Nobody cares.

They care more about how video game characters are clothed. They care more about TV shows, books, and movies meeting diversity quotas and works of narrative fiction in general not having naughty plot devices in them like racism, rape, and rapism, or whatever.

The more I look at the state of the planet today, the more convinced I am that the NPC meme and clown world are an accurate portrayal of our present state of affairs.

It wasn't the Ben Shapiros and Steve Bannons of the world who led me to this conclusion.

It was talking with liberals. Just, you know. Conversing with them idly for the better part of a decade until I grew so disgusted that I just couldn't take it anymore.

At this rate, people will die if we don't reopen. Up to 30 million jobless already? Jesus. This is the fuckening to end all fuckenings. This is the Great Depression all over again.
Tell us this, what is the average person going to do about any of the issues you've suggested? Most people don't work themselves into a tizzy over things they can't do jack shit about, at least while their standard of living is comfortable. People put up with feudalism and serfdom for centuries, they'll put up with this, at least until shit hits the fan.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Working yourself into a tizzy over things you can't affect means you can ignore the things you can fix. It's a very effective strategy for avoiding feeling guilty about not working on your real problems.

Go for a run? Get an apartment? Talk to girls? I can't bother with such trivialities when the world is falling apart!

SIGSEGV

All statements made by this account are fiction.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Working yourself into a tizzy over things you can't affect means you can ignore the things you can fix. It's a very effective strategy for avoiding feeling guilty about not working on your real problems.

Go for a run? Get an apartment? Talk to girls? I can't bother with such trivialities when the world is falling apart!
You mean like being FAT?

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everything I said about COVID-19 turned out to be scientifically accurate.

Common complications18,20-24 among hospitalized patients with COVID-19 include pneumonia (75%); acute respiratory distress syndrome (15%); acute liver injury, characterized by elevations in aspartate transaminase, alanine transaminase, and bilirubin (19%); cardiac injury, including troponin elevation (7%-17%), acute heart failure, dysrhythmias, and myocarditis; prothrombotic coagulopathy resulting in venous and arterial thromboembolic events (10%-25%); acute kidney injury (9%); neurologic manifestations, including impaired consciousness (8%) and acute cerebrovascular disease (3%); and shock (6%).

Complications of COVID-19 include impaired function of the heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, and coagulation system. COVID-19 can lead to myocarditis, cardiomyopathy, ventricular arrhythmias, and hemodynamic instability.20,54Acute cerebrovascular disease and encephalitis are observed with severe illness (in up to 8% of patients).21,52 Venous and arterial thromboembolic events occur in 10% to 25% in hospitalized patients with COVID-19.19,22 In the ICU, venous and arterial thromboembolic events may occur in up to 31% to 59% of patients with COVID-19.16,22

Approximately 17% to 35% of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 are treated in an ICU, most commonly due to hypoxemic respiratory failure. Among patients in the ICU with COVID-19, 29% to 91% require invasive mechanical ventilation.47,49,55,56 In addition to respiratory failure, hospitalized patients may develop acute kidney injury (9%), liver dysfunction (19%), bleeding and coagulation dysfunction (10%-25%), and septic shock (6%).18,19,23,49,56

Laboratory findings specific to COVID-19 include elevated prothrombin time, LDH (lactate dehydrogenase), D-dimer, ALT, C-reactive protein (CRP), and creatine kinase [9]. In the early stages of the disease, a marked reduction in CD4 and CD8 lymphocytes can also be noted [9]. Patients in the intensive care unit have shown higher levels of interleukin (IL) 2, IL-7, IL-10, GCSF (granulocyte colony-stimulating factor), IP10 (interferon gamma-induced protein 10), MCP1 (monocyte chemotactic protein 1), MIP1A (macrophage inflammatory protein alpha), and TNF-α (tumor necrosis factor-α) [11]. They also displayed other abnormal findings indicative of coagulation activation, cellular immune deficiency, myocardial injury, renal injury, and hepatic injury [9]. In critical patients, amylase and D-dimer levels are significantly elevated [4,11]. However, blood lymphocyte counts progressively decreased [4,11]. Common to non-survivors are the elevations in ferritin, neutrophil count, D-dimer, blood urea, and creatinine levels [12]. Elevations in procalcitonin levels are not a feature of COVID-19. Therefore, an elevated level of procalcitonin may suggest an alternative diagnosis such as bacterial pneumonia. Levels of CRP correlate directly with disease severity and progression.

“Evidence shows that at least one-third of people who have COVID-19 experience neurological complications,” says Igor Koralnik, MD, chief of Neuroinfectious Diseases and Global Neurology at Northwestern Medicine. “The symptoms can occur as the initial manifestation of COVID-19 or develop throughout the course of the disease. We are providing patients care for these side effects and studying the long-term effects that COVID-19 has on the brain, nervous system and muscles.”

If you were diagnosed with COVID-19 or experienced its symptoms, whether you were hospitalized or not, you can be seen in the Neuro COVID-19 Clinic through a telehealth visit. Dr. Koralnik and his team will investigate, diagnose and manage neurological symptoms for patients affected by the illness. They have also launched studies that will help influence the care of people who have neurological complications of COVID-19 in the future.
“The disease can affect people in different ways, and we personalize treatment based on their symptoms,” Dr. Koralnik says. For example, in some people, respiratory distress can affect the amount of oxygen going to the brain. In others, the virus can directly infect the brain or nerves, or it can cause an overreaction in the immune system that can cause neurological damage.

Evidence of COVID-19’s dangerous impact on the central nervous system continues to mount, and one neurological expert is proposing a new system that classifies such brain damage into three distinct stages.

Harvard- and Johns Hopkins-trained neurologist Majid Fotuhi, MD, PhD, reviewed a number of case studies for his three-stage framework, which he describes June 10 in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease. The “NeuroCovid” classification scheme—as it’s known—provides a solid foundation for future work and investigations into COVID’s long-term effects on the nervous system.

“We are learning that a significant number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients have various degrees of brain impairment,” Fotuhi, who is also the medical director of NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center in Virginia, added in a statement. “There is a lot we can do to promote brain healing in COVID-19 patients, but first we must understand the nature and severity of their neurological deficits.”

The newly identified severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) causes COVID-19, a pandemic respiratory disease presenting with fever, cough, and often pneumonia. Moreover, thromboembolic events throughout the body including the central nervous system (CNS) have been described. Given first indication for viral RNA presence in the brain and cerebrospinal fluid and in light of neurological symptoms in a large majority of COVID-19 patients, SARS-CoV-2-penetrance of the CNS is likely. By precisely investigating and anatomically mapping oro- and pharyngeal regions and brains of 32 patients dying from COVID-19, we not only describe CNS infarction due to cerebral thromboembolism, but also demonstrate SARS-CoV-2 neurotropism. SARS-CoV-2 enters the nervous system via trespassing the neuro-mucosal interface in the olfactory mucosa by exploiting the close vicinity of olfactory mucosal and nervous tissue including delicate olfactory and sensitive nerve endings. Subsequently, SARS-CoV-2 follows defined neuroanatomical structures, penetrating defined neuroanatomical areas, including the primary respiratory and cardiovascular control center in the medulla oblongata.

The impact of SARS-CoV-2 on the developing brain is another concern raised by the study. Other research from Paris Saclay University has shown that the virus crosses the placenta, and embryos lack the blood-brain barrier during early development, though the implications of this vulnerability are still unclear. "To be very clear," Hartung says, "we have no evidence that the virus produces developmental disorders."

However, the mini-brains contain from the very earliest stages the same ACE2 receptor that allows the virus to enter lung tissues. Therefore, Hartung says, the findings suggest that extra caution should be taken during pregnancy.

"This study is another important step in our understanding of how infection leads to symptoms, and where we might tackle the COVID-19 disease with drug treatment," says William Bishai, professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and leader of the infectious disease team for the study.

"There is no doubt that the virus infects neurons and multiplies" Hartung adds, "and now we have to find out what this means for patients and public health."

“The blood-brain barrier is made up of blood vessels,” says Griffin. “So, if a virus can replicate in the cells of blood vessels, it has a rather direct entrance to the brain. But it could also come into the brain from cells in the blood that are allowed to cross the blood-brain barrier. It could come in through the olfactory neurons in the nose, which project to the rest of the brain. Given the number of direct approaches available, it’s actually amazing that we don’t see viruses causing neurological issues more often.”

COVID-19 can indeed infect the brain. It can injure the brain and other vital organs by three different ways, or even all of them at the same time. First, by hypoxemic insult of the organs, which need oxygenated blood to function. Second, by direct viral infection and replication in the tissues. Third, by triggering extreme inflammation, the release of cytokines, reactive oxygen species, bradykinin, and chemoattractants that pull phagocytes into the tissues, fibrosing them.

The good news is that it is very treatable, and in some surprisingly simple ways. Intubation is not the answer. Mechanical ventilation is killing people.

There is mounting evidence that hypovitaminosis D is a major contributing factor to the morbidity and mortality of COVID-19. Doctors have begun to notice that a large percentage of people ending up in the ICU are Vitamin D deficient. By treating the underlying vitamin D deficiency, they were able to keep people out of intensive care.

If one has examined the interactomic features of COVID-19, the reason for this becomes quite obvious.

COVID-19 is a disease of the vascular endothelium.

There is a one-cell-thick layer inside all the blood vessels in the human body called the endothelium. It isn’t just a barrier that acts like caulking to keep blood and fluids inside the blood vessels. It is a highly active membrane that helps regulate many functions of the circulatory system. Because this membrane is rich in ACE2 receptors, SARS-CoV-2 attacks it, triggering a dizzying cascade of metabolic, hormonal, and inflammatory dysregulation.

Normally, the cells of the endothelium are linked together, like a chain-link fence. COVID-19 causes these cells to separate, exposing the basement membrane and making capillaries leak into the lungs. This also promotes tons of clotting as the body tries walling off the damage.

46FCD896-A2A4-4EF8-B78A-42631F980503.png

If this happens in the lungs, they lose the ability to diffuse oxygen into the bloodstream. If it happens in the brain, the blood-brain barrier is compromised. Viremia spreads SARS-CoV-2 to all the major organs through the blood vessels, causing systemic effects. The key to treating COVID-19 is reducing vascular endothelial inflammation and restoring the integrity of this barrier. Enter Vitamin D. One of the things unleashed by the down-regulation of ACE2 and up-regulation of Angiotensin II is something called NADPH oxidase. NADPH oxidase is an enzyme that takes nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate and converts it into superoxide free radicals. These, on their own, damage endothelial cells, and they also convert any available nitric oxide into peroxynitrite. Peroxynitrite, in turn, promotes something called eNOS uncoupling, where another enzyme, endothelial nitric oxide synthase, loses its nitric oxide precursors and produces even more reactive oxygen species.

Vitamin D helps regulate NADPH oxidase activity and reduce inflammation, restoring the balance.

@eternal dog mongler is a doctor, AFAIK. They’d be able to confirm most of this.

soft kitty

1 like = 1 pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, but given that I find myself in the middle of an area currently being attacked by psychotic arsonists, I’d rather that people outside the forum not have a direct shortcut to my home address. Or is that too much to ask?
You're the one that decided to put your home address out there apropos of nothing.

Also, nobody cares. The fact that your address is out there doesn't change anything. If you didn't want your address on the internet you should've taken better security precautions.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In deference to the nothingburgers, admittedly, the political response to all of this has been an unmitigated disaster. COVID-19 mostly affects the elderly and those with underlying health problems. The job losses on the order of tens of millions and the contraction of the GDP by 30+ percent are a huge problem. The continued lockdowns, the rioting, the humiliation of mandatory masking policies; all of these things have contributed to people’s risk of suicide.

It’s hard to say if it was all just a false alarm or not. Certainly, COVID-19 can cause severe illness in some people, but in most, it seems entirely survivable. The political manipulation seems like a bid to capitalize on the catastrophe to oust Trump and ruin his economic gains. There are a lot of things going on that are very suspicious, from the orders from governors like Andrew Cuomo to stuff COVID-positive patients in nursing homes, putting the highest-risk groups in danger, to the bizarre clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine that seemed almost as if constructed to fail, to the media’s hyping of Remdesivir, an expensive, patented antiviral drug that doesn’t work very well.

A lot of things are happening here besides the virus. The public is being gaslighted by the media. Our political process has magnified the catastrophe, and then laid the blame at Trump’s feet, scapegoating him, all in a bid to try and push a senile joke of a candidate like Biden into office.

In short, the virus is real, but it is being used as an excuse for political manipulation to try and put the Democrats back in power. Meanwhile, rioters are trying to burn down our cities and rural areas. When I look off my deck, the visibility is down to one mile. The PM2.5 counts are 218. Like Los Angeles on a bad day in the nineties. The smoke is so thick, if you walk outside, it smells like you stuck your head in a pellet stove.

People deserve to know the truth, and we’re not getting it from mainstream sources. We are being bombarded with lies.

soft kitty

1 like = 1 pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In deference to the nothingburgers, admittedly, the political response to all of this has been an unmitigated disaster. COVID-19 mostly affects the elderly and those with underlying health problems. The job losses on the order of tens of millions and the contraction of the GDP by 30+ percent are a huge problem. The continued lockdowns, the rioting, the humiliation of mandatory masking policies; all of these things have contributed to people’s risk of suicide.

It’s hard to say if it was all just a false alarm or not. Certainly, COVID-19 can cause severe illness in some people, but in most, it seems entirely survivable. The political manipulation seems like a bid to capitalize on the catastrophe to oust Trump and ruin his economic gains. There are a lot of things going on that are very suspicious, from the orders from governors like Andrew Cuomo to stuff COVID-positive patients in nursing homes, putting the highest-risk groups in danger, to the bizarre clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine that seemed almost as if constructed to fail, to the media’s hyping of Remdesivir, an expensive, patented antiviral drug that doesn’t work very well.

A lot of things are happening here besides the virus. The public is being gaslighted by the media. Our political process has magnified the catastrophe, and then laid the blame at Trump’s feet, scapegoating him, all in a bid to try and push a senile joke of a candidate like Biden into office.

In short, the virus is real, but it is being used as an excuse for political manipulation to try and put the Democrats back in power. Meanwhile, rioters are trying to burn down our cities and rural areas. When I look off my deck, the visibility is down to one mile. The PM2.5 counts are 218. Like Los Angeles on a bad day in the nineties. The smoke is so thick, if you walk outside, it smells like you stuck your head in a pellet stove.

People deserve to know the truth, and we’re not getting it from mainstream sources. We are being bombarded with lies.
TL;DR

Just answer me this, if it were up to you, would you lift all mask mandates and re-open everything? Why or why not?

Do you think we made a mistake in shutting down the country? Should we have just let people do whatever they wanted, not make any requirements, but rather advisement, like 'you should probably do this' rather than we're going to FORCE you do to this, or we're going to shut you down.

I oppose mask mandates because I believe the individual is response for one's own health, I shouldn't have to wear a mask for YOUR sake.