Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
What we will see is more Artificial Intelligence taking over the menial work that medical staff can do in diagnostic so 1 Doctor can cover more patients after the machine does it's diagnostics. You'll probably see a nurse hook you into a device and then spit out a recommendation, a doctor in some remote facility reviews the notes, approves the pills, and the patient leaves.

Technology will solve the limitation in humans not learning fast enough or taking away the tedium.

She sounds fucking manic and unused to dealing with discomfort on any level. Christ, she shrieked like a fucking 4 year old at the end.
Was gonna mock her then I thought of the autistic hottie who allegedly an hero'd and it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
And where are you going to build these hospitals to staff these nurses and then hire the doctors to manage/run them and ambulance drivers to get those folks there?

Epidemics like this ebb and flow. During flu system hospitals routinely hire travel nurses from other states to come in for 2-4 months to help staffing numbers. The hospitals would rather pay someone to come in that time than pay nurses Over Time for that same period. The laws for compensation and time for employees needs to be revised.

If you want to really solve nurses problems you eliminate the need for a doctor to sign off on certain medication and have the nurses be able to subscribe and deliver that medicine on their own recognizance. Right now it goes from Patient>Nurse>Doctor>Nurse>Patient with the nurse being the middle man even though they know what the patient needs and the doctor is running around checking patients for minutes and between floors.

That or allow more virtual physicians to approve meds remotely.

There are many many bottlenecks in the system that need to be solved, more healthcare workers would help certainly.
You're forgetting physician assistants and nurse practitioners. They can perscribe medication...

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Goddamn is it a race to the bottom for future prospects between the French and Germans. Why are they so suicidal culturally?
WW2 is a hell of a drug. Paris got occupied by Nazis for a bit, so they are just getting high off them guilt fumes. Mmmmm, smells like self hatred.

I'm joking, by the way. I doubt this is the reason.
To be fair, the boomers have been forcing people to work sick for decades. Can't really blame people for going in sick when the status quo has been threats for calling in sick.

Your BiL would have likely been threatening them if they had tried to call in sick.
Don't forget forcing kids to go to school sick. Some schools might start reconsidering perfect attendence awards after this. Hopefully this mess changes minds about working and going to school with just a flu bro.

Telecom companies for soaking the US Public for billions and having netflix, youtube, and the internet be slower than a golden girls episode.

The internet backbone/backhaul companies are going to be pointing fingers as to why there is a steady decline of service after all the GEEBEES of tubes were promised to the american people.
Reminder that these companies got trillions of dollars to improve infrastructure in the 90's. That money was used on buying up companies and, at best, sometimes improving infrastructure.
This will likely nuke a lot of discount and overstock places. Dollar Stores. Anyone who relied on a shitton of cheap inventory on a weekly basis.
Dollar stores will be fine. They sell quite a bit of food. Not anything particularly healthy, but still food. Crappy toys could be 3D printed, so they have other options in that area.

The comic book industry was already falling apart. Between the corona shutdown and the bullshit "New Warriors" Marvel just released, comic shops will soon be a thing of the past.
Marvel's been flooding shelves with utter garbage for at least a decade now. It's one of the reasons the industry is in such bad shape. Refusal to adapt to the digital age is another.

Barnard

kiwifarms.net
Here's your regular, brief update from Poland: 150 new confirmed cases and sadly four new deaths. This means two detections less than yesterday and a daily growth of 16.6%. A total of 1051 infected people, 14 deaths and one recovery add up to 1036 active cases (or maybe a few less; there was news of a few patients being discharged, but there was no official announcement yet and it looks like everyone's being very careful about this). Counting from the arbitrary number of 100 infected people, it took us 12 days to reach the arbitrary number of 1000 infected people. In comparison, Spain had 5232 known cases after 12 days, France had 2876, Germany had 2745, Italy had 3858, their numbers growing by serveral hundred daily and tumbling towards 10.000+.

I went for a short walk today to stay in shape. Yes, we have a lockdown, but it's allowed as a daily necessity. As I suspected, the lockdown is relatively lenient, so it's not like everyone going outside will be accosted and interrogated. There's a degree of trust that most people will behave sensibly and patrolling policemen will have a way of telling who's honest and who's bullshitting them. Any groups of more than two people still can and will be broken up, unless it's parents walking with their kids or something. Either way, the streets were almost completely empty, as expected.

@No_one How is isolation treating you?

Spooky Bones

🦴 🎺 🦴
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm getting weary of these, but here's another one coming up, if you can stand it.

I mainly watch them for any media bloodsports that might occur like "do I detect sarcasm?"

Things continue to be extremely eerie. People continue to mostly be nice. I am hearing more crazy theories though from normies as well as people online. People are still all-in on the coronavirus measures but I think they are starting to wear down. Social distancing is now a thing, but businesses staying closed and people not leaving their homes is not something that people will put up with for more than another week or so IMO; Trump has the right of that, medically correct or no.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget forcing kids to go to school sick. Some schools might start reconsidering perfect attendence awards after this. Hopefully this mess changes minds about working and going to school with just a flu bro.
Wilhelm von Big Bird fueled the bat flu in NYC because he refused to close schools until the governor forced his hand (the teacher's union is livid). There's also a law that requires schools to call child welfare if kids miss school for a few days, even if they have a letter from a doctor. I get that in severe child abuse cases one of the first signs is lengthy unexcused absences but a child protective service worker will show up at your home if your kid is sick with the flu in a hospital and you gave them a letter from a doctor attesting to that.

No_one

kiwifarms.net
Here's your regular, brief update from Poland: 150 new confirmed cases and sadly four new deaths. This means two detections less than yesterday and a daily growth of 16.6%. A total of 1051 infected people, 14 deaths and one recovery add up to 1036 active cases (or maybe a few less; there was news of a few patients being discharged, but there was no official announcement yet and it looks like everyone's being very careful about this). Counting from the arbitrary number of 100 infected people, it took us 12 days to reach the arbitrary number of 1000 infected people. In comparison, Spain had 5232 known cases after 12 days, France had 2876, Germany had 2745, Italy had 3858, their numbers growing by serveral hundred daily and tumbling towards 10.000+.

I went for a short walk today to stay in shape. Yes, we have a lockdown, but it's allowed as a daily necessity. As I suspected, the lockdown is relatively lenient, so it's not like everyone going outside will be accosted and interrogated. There's a degree of trust that most people will behave sensibly and patrolling policemen will have a way of telling who's honest and who's bullshitting them. Any groups of more than two people still can and will be broken up, unless it's parents walking with their kids or something. Either way, the streets were almost completely empty, as expected.

@No_one How is isolation treating you?
The only group of more than 2 people I saw today were a bunch of old alcoholics spitting everywhere and complaining loudly. Apart from getting my sleep schedule getting messed up, I'd say I'm doing fine.

Also, a more or less funny story from Poland: A guy calls the police, gives his address and tells them to be there in 5 minutes with pizza and booze, or he'll have to get it himself and infect everyone while doing it. They didn't bring him booze and pizza so he got mad, now he'll have to pay a fine for using foul language in public and unjustified calling for police intervention.

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can only hope the media present for the press conferences will begin to pressure DeWine on this issue
The press has proven repeatedly they can be counted on to do absolutely nothing beneficial to the public interest. Expect them to coddle him and cover for him. It's just standard practice now for the press to defend our shittiest politicians.

LordofTendons

Don't pull it FFS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The public ones get funding according to how many students are in attendance, so that would have to be changed first.

Dushlan

kiwifarms.net
Chile update:
Today March 25, we got 220 new cases from yesterday, leaving us with the highest jump until now (since corona-chan came to visit us).
Total numbers are:
- 1142 confirmed cases
- 3 deaths
- 22 recovered

It's on my city, fuck man you only had to close the fucking borders early on, a we still aren't on a full quarantine because our president is a 🤡.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Seconded. My parents are Boomers, and they've apologized to me for most of my life about how "their generation" has messed everything up. They've been telling me that since the damn 1990's.

And in terms of the concept of "self-sacrifice," my parents have been shining examples of that throughout my entire life, too.

#NotAll, of course.
It’s still telling that they knew their generation left their progeny to burn decades before things really came to a head. A few good people don’t change the aggregate.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
So about the outbreak. Puerta del Mar just sent 3 more suspect cases to ICU. We got a 5th expected to come tonight. Also the entirety of "Medicina Interna" got sent to quarantine last night, the whole damned department, until we get test results, I didn't get the memmo till now. Reinforcements already on the way. Tensions rise. We still don't have many ventilators. Shit might be about to get very real.

So a meme to relax: "Day 10 of confinement: my lord. I'm sorry for every time I prayed so my husband would pay more attention to me."
IMG-20200325-WA0003.jpg

Tags
None