Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Loris Yeltsin

kiwifarms.net
According to the Robert Koch Institut, the current german numbers are 194 dead, 36508 infected. Slowly catching up to Spains numbers in the infected department. Both numbers have been increasing daily, but not by much. 194 dead over the scale of time this has been going on is barely statistic jitter considered that statistically, ~2400 germans die each day from disease, age and random misfortune.

Worldwide over 472.076 are confirmed as infected, with 21.308 dead. Which means about 5% (really 4,5%) of confirmed cases. Considering the really lagging and non-perfect testing of this, many experts are claiming that the numbers of actual infected are actually at least ten times higher, which would give the virus a kill score of 0,45% for those weak in the math department.

A new model by the Oxford University challenges now the model of the Imperial College London which was the main decision factor for many countries to lock down. The current theory in that new model is that people were already getting infected since January at least and that there are already millions infected worldwide and also that half of the population of the UK is/was already infected, which is the country the study focuses on in it's model. We now really need large scale antibody testing to figure this out. If things go really well for humanity we might figure out that big parts of the population in western countries are already immune to it.
Just curious since I'm assuming you're German, do you recall what that issue regarding the German method of counting Corona-related deaths was all about? I have only a vague memory of reading something about that at some point. I think it was about Germany ascribing Covid-19 as the cause of death only when no other cause could be identified, even when the identifiable cause, like organ failure, was ultimately due to a Corona infection.

Could be bullshit, though. I honestly don't recall the details.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Magnum Tenebrosum

YOUR MOM

FUCK YOU CHINA
kiwifarms.net
From what I hear, it still has a lot of Commie shit in it:

They can keep my 1200 600 bucks. I don't want any of the other shit the Bill promises to do. If Donald Trump signs this, he's a fool. The backlash he'll get from this poisoned piece of pork isn't worth the meager help it will deliver to his supporters.
You're really going to pretend that only one party put their bullshit in? If the refugees and migrants are Americans fleeing American plague zones that would be great. Probably not the case though.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Just curious since I'm assuming you're German, do you recall what that issue regarding the German method of counting Corona-related deaths was all about? I have only a vague memory of reading something about that at some point. I think it was about Germany ascribing Covid-19 as the cause of death only when no other cause could be identified, even when the identifiable cause, like organ failure, was ultimately due to a Corona infection.

Could be bullshit, though. I honestly don't recall the details.
Germany started contact testing really early on and was better at identifiying sick people (because of much bigger lab capacities than say, spain) which means that germanys "confirmed infected" number contains a lot more non-critical cases than the numbers of other countries. You can also tell by the age range of people confirmed infected containing many more younger people than the ones in italy and spain, that are mainly old people and mainly people that arrived at a clinic in already bad condition. It's very likely that countries like Spain and Italy have a huge number of unidentified cases that are asympthomatic or only lightly ill. So the smaller death toll in relation to the infected numbers is basically because of how well the countries have been handling this testing. South Korea is similar to Germany in this regard. Of course this basically makes comparing these numbers useless. which again, means we really really do need a lot more of testing.

The discrepancy overall with the old and sick people might be that germany locked down the retirement homes, various care facilities and hospitals to visitors basically as soon as the virus was identified as a danger. Culturally, germans also don't tend to live with older relatives but drop them off at specialized care facilities to be forgotten about. France is somewhere in between and does a lot of at-home care.

EDIT: Germany also started to take patients from other countries since our hospitals aren't overrun by this.

Last edited:

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
You're really going to pretend that only one party put their bullshit in? If the refugees and migrants are Americans fleeing American plague zones that would be great. Probably not the case though.
Don't be disingenuous. You know exactly what the bill means when it refers to "refugees..." And I'm not any more happy about Republicans using this bill as an means to pad out their retirement accounts than I am about Democrats using it as a magical wishing well...

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Went to Rite Aid to get milch,there was plenty. One of the employees was at the door wearing a face mask, limiting the number of people that could come in.
Milch? Nazi!

German citizens Christina F. and Thomas G. (both researchers owning a patent for hantavirus and a bunch of other viruses) are probably the first two people incarcerated in Spain in relation to the coronavirus.
very strange. why would anybody flee to spain?

YOUR MOM

FUCK YOU CHINA
kiwifarms.net
Earlier in the thread the phone thing was brought up saying it was 8million, this video says 21 million. I totally believe it was and still is far worse than China says but I don't believe they could cover up 8 million dead bodies unless they just left them to rot in their apartment buildings.

If they moved that much meat to incinerators there would be too much evidence to keep it a secret.

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She was having "unbearably painful" chest pains but she managed to take a selfie, post it to social media and blame Trump?
Does anyone else take a grim satisfaction that she seems to have aged about 30 years in the last few years? She's withering away.

That is interesting. He talks about the decline in cellphone subscribers in China, 'bat virus' researchers at the Wuhan Institute for Virology and bear bile medicine. Here's a local upload in case it gets nuked

local mirror:

Last edited:

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
Very salry kek news coming in once again!

Turns out the new testing method (quicktests by antibodies) involved materials (the antibodies in question) bought from china. Said materials were of the quality expected from china, and as a result the test is only right 30% of the time. That btw is 30% including false positives AND false negatives. Do please note that having some crazy fuck say "yes" or "no" randomly on a room with no info on the patient would give you a 50% efficiency. That's right! This shit is worse than random chance. On the better news Decathlon, yes that Decathlon, has donated a buncha snorkel masks to try and stop the lack of masks temporarily. Yes, snorkel masks, yes, it works. Kek.

Btw, do remember our government decided to shift production to that shit immediately and without plan B. As such they sent the cops to take all materials for the old test method from all provinces that aren't madrid. Btw remember how in Puerta del Mar we were trying to test our personnel due to an outbreak on the hospital itself? Well. The cops just went ahead and informed us that officially it was an unknown respiratory disease, and therefore they would not give a shit. As of this morning we have no tests, no masks, and we don't know how many of our own medical professionals will need ventilators, which if the mechanic is perfect we might have 3 of by the end of the day. Cadiz didn't die. It was murdered. And it's too far gone to not make jokes about it. The news just told us to put a sock in it. Meanwhile the catalonians are the only ones trying to send us something on the down low so madrid won't steal it. Ladies and gentlemen. Clownworld. Where the charity of the catalonians is your only chance of survival. Again btw more and more small, medium and autonomous businesses join in to aid, while the PP rees at them for communism and the PSOE thinks of ways to screw them over. I'm changing my fucking description just for this.

Meanwhile we got another outbreak in neurology. And what a hilarious one it is. Turns out some incredible fucking big brain of a nurse used a nebulizer to treat a patient that, aside from the neurological disease that required said medicine, had obvious signs of corona. Saw the signs, and didn't give a shit until another nurse came in 1 week later and realized this shit and made the test. And of fucking course it was corona. For those that don't know a nebulizer uses AEROSOL, and has HOLES FOR BREATHING. Due to which it is specifically NEVER TO BE USED IN ANY PATIENT WITH A BIOAEROSOL DISEASE AS IT GREATLY AIDS CONTAGION. We're pretty sure all of neurology. Patients and staff alike. Is infected. We would test them but we have no tests. Hooray for the Civil Guard!

Most of the public got no fucking clue what's going on, so their morale is ultrahigh. But the doctors are finally at the point where it's obvious the jokes are a coping mechanism. Like... you know when you witness someone break into tears in the middle of a joke? Yeah that's where we're at. A3 media got their press notes but they told us to suck it buttercup. This is the state of the press ladies and gentlemen.

At this point all I want to say is, as much as they bitch about Cadiz being unproductive. It took every single politician in spain backstabing us and stealing our gear from us, multiple of our nurses and patients being complete fucktards, the Guardia Civil going full Grey on us and a global pandemic to take us to the brink of collapse. And at least for now we still stand. All I can say is this ship ain't sinking if I can do anything about it. But honestly I don't even know if I can anymore. Fuck I'm still not allowed to go back to the hospital due to possible infection and I'm not stupid enough to go without a test guaranteeing I won't infect the others.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Interesting currently is also Iceland, who tested thousands of people (a lot for iceland) and found 218 cases, noting that half of them are completely asymptomatic. The other half has mild, cold-like symptoms.

They also did genetic sequencing on their tests and found already 40 mutations of the wuflu, which might mean that it will become a seasonal thing and more infectious, but less deadly. It also sadly means that it might make it difficult to develop vaccines for it.

In other good news, blood plasma transfusions from recovered people with active antibodies has shown promise in treatment.

Last edited:

wokelizard

kiwifarms.net
That's the threat. However, that is the threat if you repeatedly breach what some worthless pig tells you to do (i.e. not the first time), or if you fight them.
I agree fully. It's scary how on more mainstream forums, the majority of commenters seem to be taking an almost spiteful glee in encouraging and hoping the police 'crack down hard' on 'irresponsible flouters'. Easy to see how irrationality prevailed in the witch hunt times. It seems like a deep primal part of human nature to be this way, when fearful and authority presents a solution that purports to keep you safe, and the mob is baying for blood.

I plan to find a nice spot in a park, or perhaps the beach, to sit and read in the springtime sun. I'll be polite to any police officer challenging me, explaining that I have seen nobody, talked to nobody, and am a threat to nobody. I might even suck up a 30 pound fine for doing so. But I won't be sent back to my home, to suffer under house arrest and breathe the communal air of my housemates (which if any are asymptomatic carriers, is likely to contain a higher viral density than outdoors air), to comply with an irrational and fundamental assault on liberty.

FDIC federally insures all cash in bank accounts up to $250,000 per person.

Your money is fine.
So did Cyprus, as part of the EU all bank deposits are insured. They got around that law, by claiming what they did was a bail-IN where they give your savings a haircut to save the bank. It was all legal. Pensioners lost a chunk of their life savings. You really ought by now to know that 'I've changed the deal, pray I do not change it further' is SOP for any entity with a monopoly on the use of force.

Last edited:

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
what? how? normaly the stuff is in all kinds of freezers. why is the government only working well when they try to fuck you over...
We're on lockdown, and spain's labs are either public, or do nothing ever. Public labs were the first thing to get ransacked or enslaved by the gov. Private ones as always bitch about communism and claim to be essential while doing fuck all. Welcome to spain.

Tags
None