Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
These assholes want us to starve and now they want to ban cigarettes/vapes? They are commie scum, the person who warned they would use this to take away our rights was 100% correct.
Pretty easy call seeing as they use literally everything to restrict our rights(in the US where we actually have some).

Non-Expert!

Check your immunoprivelege.
kiwifarms.net
I am wondering what the illegal aliens are going to add to this problem. California certainly has enough of them, on top of the homeless population.
Also drug addicts.
Non issue, friend. Illegals quarantine just like documented people do. They are used to this shit. People who were born poor, grew up poor, breed poor, work poor, live poor ... are pretty resilient as far as ducking and covering is concerned. Poor people generally cope better when the shit hit the fan. Look at what happened during the Great Depression.

You realize the poor and rich, generally speaking, will have completely different reactions to "serous symptoms", right?
The rich person will have the insurance to immediately take action when their symptoms get worse and call up the doctors; The poor can't afford the 3000$ testing bill, to say nothing about how much getting Aid at the hospital would cost them, and will just suffer in silence at their houses.
What is all of this insurance going to do for you? There is no miracle drug or miracle treatment. They also are not charging you for testing. Either that or insurance covers it. We have both private insurance and MediCal, which universally covers those who don't get insurance through their employer and/or have preexisting conditions.

It is only the very rich who can hoard medical resources, and even then, what can they do for a rich guy that they can't do for a poor one?

It remains to be seen.

The real test is when patients outnumber equipment and staff. And there are a lot of in-between cases. There are so many people with private insurance, how is that going to save me, when there is one vent, and another woman who is also a mother, and also is my age and weight, and general chance for survival?

Or if there is only one remaining vent, between me and Cameroon Dias?

Well in that case I would probably voluntarily check out. You all can keep that. Siyonara.

Last edited:

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When my grandfather died and we were cleaning out his basement we found, besides rolls of asbestos and other horrors, a 5 gallon drum of liquid nicotine pesticide. My dad kept a jar of it for personal use and my uncle probably dumped the rest down a storm drain.
Concentrated, it is very dangerous stuff indeed. It features as a weapon of choice in several detective novels, including Agatha Christie's 'Three Act Tragedy'.

I would not recommend ingesting nicotine as a treatment for coronavirus.
What is all of this insurance going to do for you? There is no miracle drug or miracle treatment. They also are not charging you for testing. Either that or insurance covers it. We have both private insurance and MediCal, which universally covers those who don't get insurance through their employer and/or have preexisting conditions.
Actually, doctors in California who cater to celebrity scum and the rich are hoarding tests to sell to their clients.
Dr. Jay Gordon, a Santa Monica pediatrician, told clients who purchased the tests for $250 each — to be taken at home with a cheek-swab and then sent to a lab to process results — to save the tests until they’re feeling sick.

Gordon said in an earlier interview with The Times that he’s looking out for the best interests of his patients, but acknowledged that his offer represents profound inequality in the American healthcare system.

Gordon said he didn’t believe the medical board would find anything wrong.

“They won’t find anything. There’s nothing to be found,” Gordon said. "[Patients] were asking for tests. They were available nowhere else. They remain very much in short supply.”
Here's an amusing angle I hadn't been aware of yet. Trump isn't restricting his attacks on the world to increasing sanction wars- he's trying to stop Cuban doctors from helping people in other countries.

Last edited:

Oscar Wildean

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Non issue, friend. Illegals quarantine just like documented people do. They are used to this shit. People who were born poor, grew up poor, breed poor, work poor, live poor ... are pretty resilient as far as ducking and covering is concerned. Poor people generally cope better when the shit hit the fan. Look at what happened during the Great Depression.
The drug addicts. I wonder what problems will come from all the addicts in California if quarantines happen. You are right about how poor people deal better since they know tricks of survival.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It is only the very rich who can hoard medical resources, and even then, what can they do for a rich guy that they can't do for a poor one?

It remains to be seen.
>What is all of this insurance going to do for you?
It keeps you from being bankrupted after a month of being put on artificial breathing assuming you survive that.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
The drug addicts. I wonder what problems will come from all the addicts in California if quarantines happen. You are right about how poor people deal better since they know tricks of survival.
Poor people do not handle self isolation and quarantine or emergencies in general more efficiently than the working class upper middle class and middle-class . They lack most basic necessities often live month-to-month on government subsidies and are the first to need assistance and aid . Compound that with their unhealthy lifestyle Overwhelming drug usage and often lack of any kind of education you then have a serious problem on your hands. Fyi the poors in my area have been scrambling for about a month now to find food toilet paper and basic necessities as the food banks are turning people away and most of them are have depleted their food stamps and already clamoring for assistance

Last edited:

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
While the EU is debating how Italy will pay back the debt they will graciously allow Italy to have in coronabonds Russia is sending plane fulls of aid. Apparently repaying a cultural debt of their own for Adriano Celentano's wonderful 87 concert in Moscow.

https://www.ft.com/content/b1c5681e-6cf9-11ea-89df-41bea055720b

I don't imagine Italian's are massive fans of the EU right now? Will we see Brexit 2.0 spaghetti edition in the coming years?

weedsneaker13

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Archive of dailymail article :http://archive.md/FMKTu
I raise bullcrap, the rebels decided on ceasefire, because basically, they can no longer slip past on reinforced checkpoints
on other news, flips rescued a doctor from the rebel group, probably kidnapped to treat their covid struck group
Archive of benarnews article : http://archive.md/7wNvE
As of an hour ago, US banks are no longer required to maintain any reserves.
Archive of forbes article : http://archive.md/bumrd
1. Doctors stockpiling Plaquenil writing fraudulent scripts : http://archive.md/wNRUs
2. Send story on fraud scripts : http://archive.md/GAb2c
March 25, 2020 11:15 pm PST

Senate passes $2.2 trillion emergency relief package

The bill would deliver historic levels of emergency aid across the economy, including to households, businesses, cities and states. It would expand unemployment insurance benefits and direct more money to cash-strapped hospitals. The package now goes for consideration to the House of Representatives, which is expected to vote on it Friday. President Trump has said he is eager to sign it.

Archive of WaPo article : http://archive.md/DNLUX
Archive of WaEx article : http://archive.md/vS1lv
Hospitals consider universal do-not-resuscitate orders for coronavirus patients
Worry that ‘all hands’ responses may expose doctors and nurses to infection prompts debate about prioritizing the survival of the many over the one

Hospitals on the front lines of the pandemic are engaged in a heated private debate over a calculation few have encountered in their lifetimes — how to weigh the “save at all costs” approach to resuscitating a dying patient against the real danger of exposing doctors and nurses to the contagion of coronavirus.

-
The conversations are driven by the realization that the risk to staff amid dwindling stores of protective equipment — such as masks, gowns and gloves — may be too great to justify the conventional response when a patient “codes,” and their heart or breathing stops.

-
Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago has been discussing a do-not-resuscitate policy for infected patients, regardless of the wishes of the patient or their family members — a wrenching decision to prioritize the lives of the many over the one.

- Richard Wunderink, one of Northwestern’s intensive-care medical directors, said hospital administrators would have to ask Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker for help in clarifying state law and whether it permits the policy shift.

-
The University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, one of the country’s major hot spots for infections, is dealing with the problem by severely limiting the number of responders to a contagious patient in cardiac or respiratory arrest.

- The new protocols are part of a larger rationing of lifesaving procedures and equipment — including ventilators
— that is quickly becoming a reality here as in other parts of the world battling the virus.

- Wunderink said all of the most critically ill patients in the 12 days since they had their first coronavirus case have experienced steady declines rather than a sudden crash. That allowed medical staff to talk with families about the risk to workers and how having to put on protective gear delays a response and decreases the chance of saving someone’s life.

-
When a code blue alarm is activated, it signals that a patient has gone into cardiopulmonary arrest and typically all available personnel — usually somewhere around eight but sometimes as many as 30 people — rush into the room to begin live-saving procedures without which the person would almost certainly perish.

-
Bioethicist Scott Halpern at the University of Pennsylvania is the author of one widely circulated model guideline being considered by many hospitals. Halpern’s document calls for two physicians, the one directly taking care of a patient and one who is not, to sign off on do-not-resuscitate orders. They must document the reason for the decision, and the family must be informed but does not have to agree.
Spoiler'd because I'm not trying to fear monger or take up any more of this thread than I have to. Article
Archive of WaPo :http://archive.md/VP5IX
So the NHS has spent millions rapidly manufacturing gloves, masks, ventilators, hand sanitzers, turfing over wards into ICU's across the whole nation.

The UK Government has basically tanked the fucking economy handing out a money printer to everyone from employees to self employed. (With some speculation that the unemployed rate, after being at incredible historic lows) now likely to have risen by 5%.

All to try and protect the very people on that list.

Only to suddenly go "lol, nah, let them keel over with it if they got it. Fuck 'em."

I'm pressing X to doubt so fucking hard my whole netbook might break.

The modelling isn't quite right, the social distancing and other control measures taken have dropped it to 20k. Supposedly.

Also, the thing was here. Where hundreds of scientists signed a letter to the UK government questioning the validity and modelling of the whole thing.

None of them were in the specific expertise of unusual diseases.
Archive of bbc article : http://archive.md/k2D1E
Archive of msn article:http://archive.md/wUFss

Imagine being so shitty at handling an international crisis/pandemic that fucking gangs and drug dealers have to impose measures that will hopefully slow down the transmission of the disease. That's Bolsonaro.

I feel really bad for Brazilians, they have a moron as a president who refuses to take the pandemic seriously. Given how much of the population lacks access to basic sanitation, COVID-19 could spread like wildfire.
Archive of print article : http://archive.md/gJRI6
Truly Brazil's Trump.

He is still refusing to let the Cuban doctors help. Probably worried that they may actually help Brazil's poor, rather than his effete bankster masters.

So what you saying is, the US doesn't need the military police because the police is militarized?

EDIT: As an aside, for those people suggesting the official Italian death rates are overestimates, Greg Cochran had a look at some Italian news sources and what he found may surprise you:

1.Archive of dw article : http://archive.md/QKEAS
2.Archive of wordpress page : http://archive.md/PmjH3

Guess what, the CCP not only sent the faulty tests to the Czech Republic but to Spain too. We should nuke Beijing from orbit.

Finally! An upside to living in a police state.
Archive of National Review : http://archive.md/70VrA
While the EU is debating how Italy will pay back the debt they will graciously allow Italy to have in coronabonds Russia is sending plane fulls of aid. Apparently repaying a cultural debt of their own for Adriano Celentano's wonderful 87 concert in Moscow.

I don't imagine Italian's are massive fans of the EU right now? Will we see Brexit 2.0 spaghetti edition in the coming years?
Archive of ft news : http://archive.md/XAVSS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, archive everything.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net

AMERICA #1!

Fuck you, Italy!

AMERICA FIRST!

Do we win?
China no longer NUMBA WON!

Trip report, went for an afternoon constitutional today around town; first time I stepped off my porch since Sunday. Seemed pretty brisk in my small town, decent amount of cars on the road, people walking. Convenience stores, drug stores busy. Long line of cars in the drive through of the drugstore. Laundry and auto parts store open. Usually I work during the week so I can't speak to whether it was more or less busy than an average weekday.

Edit aw shit Corona Chan took our avatars!

DewsLit

kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, in Kenya.
Very low numbers. I suspect the reality of the situation to be much worse.
596 Tested 31 Confirmed 1 Dead 1 Recovered
Tracking the coronavirus | Archive
First Covid-19 death in Kenya. 66 yr old man with underlying health issues.
Source | Archive

Kenyans aren't taking social distancing order well.
Chaos ensues.
Source | Archive
Chaos erupted Thursday at the Likoni Channel after angry commuters defied social distancing order and boarded a ferry en masse.
Hundreds of commuters hurled stones at police officers who were at the channel to implement the order.
During the Thursday evening chaotic scene, several people were injured in a stampede.
General Service Unit officers took over the Likoni ferry crossing channel in Mombasa on March ...jpgAn injured commuter is taken to a waiting ambulance.jpgAngry commuters vandalised security screening equipment at the channel.jpgMotorists had to wait for hours to use the ferries.jpg

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

We already have they're electing right wing parties and just need that final push.

Juncker going off on those "idiot Italians" as he would probably say is all we need. Man can't help himself/

Non-Expert!

kiwifarms.net
There are drug addicts everywhere. Just like there is Venerial Disease everywhere. I suppose this is becoming a "California" thing because I brought it up ... People in California are people too. The difference between the structural and systemic weaknesses here and in your own communities might be a question of scale, and not so much about the way people behave.

Poor people do not handle self isolation and quarantine or emergencies in general more efficiently than the working class upper middle class and middle-class . They lack most basic necessities often live month-to-month on government subsidies and are the first to need assistance and aid . Compound that with their unhealthy lifestyle Overwhelming drug usage and often lack of any kind of education you then have a serious problem on your hands. Fyi the poors in my area i’ve been scrambling for about a month now to find food toilet paper and basic necessities as the food banks are turning people away and most of them are have depleted their food stamps and already clamoring for assistance
If this is the case, your city needs to scramble for more food banks or you guys are going to have some major security issues.

People who don't handle quarantines well, understandably, are the mentally ill, and people who live with them. That and freaky violent family members.

Main difference: wealthier people have the resources to put them away somewhere, or get the fuck out, long before Corona was more than the Spanish word for crown.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that it is complex and it sucks no matter how you slice it.

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, in Kenya.
Very low numbers. I suspect the reality of the situation to be much worse.
596 Tested 31 Confirmed 1 Dead 1 Recovered
Tracking the coronavirus | Archive
First Covid-19 death in Kenya. 66 yr old man with underlying health issues.
Source | Archive

Kenyans aren't taking social distancing order well.
Chaos ensues.
Source | Archive

Frankly I'm impressed that fucking Kenya of all places apparently seems to have masks to give to their troops doing crowd control.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
There are drug addicts everywhere. Just like there is Venerial Disease everywhere. I suppose this is becoming a "California" thing because I brought it up ... People in California are people too. The difference between the structural and systemic weaknesses here and in your own communities might be a question of scale, and not so much about the way people behave.

If this is the case, your city needs to scramble for more food banks or you guys are going to have some major security issues.

People who don't handle quarantines well, understandably, are the mentally ill, and people who live with them. That and freaky violent family members.

Main difference: wealthier people have the resources to put them away somewhere, or get the fuck out, long before Corona was more than the Spanish word for crown.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that it is complex and it sucks no matter how you slice it.
the food banks in my area already are handing out food at a record number and as efficiently as they can however there's only so much you can do

Last edited:

Reverend

kiwifarms.net

Italy will become a protectorate of the CCP. Only way to safe guard their assets like the chinese are doing in Africa.

DewsLit

kiwifarms.net

Non-Expert!

kiwifarms.net
>What is all of this insurance going to do for you?
It keeps you from being bankrupted after a month of being put on artificial breathing assuming you survive that.
That is covered by your copay and deductible.

Sux to be you if you have a high deductible.

Kiwis, damn that brings up another illness-related issue. The cost of ER admission.

I could see people dying at home, just because they overestimate their resiliance, and don't feel like they can afford their high deductible.

lottalove

tuff
kiwifarms.net
A very "German" story about facemasks, after one part of a delivery got lost in Kenya recently. The Germans also don't want help from China, by the way. But seemingly, they want no help at all with the shortage of protective gear?

There has been a German company offering to secure some 1.5 million masks and 200.000 respirator masks for the German Health Ministry, early on, after the WHO warned about shortages. Approximate answer: "Dafür sind wir nicht zuständig" ("We are not responsible for that.") More specifically, he didn't hear back from them. Because the military has to order these things. But instead of the ministry informing the military, seemingly nothing happened, because of Nichtzuständigkeit (not beeing responsible).

Google translated:
"Documented, for example, is the case of an entrepreneur whose company manufactures respiratory masks and protective clothing for hospitals. The man had written to the Ministry of Health in several letters pointing out the impending shortage. He offered the ministry to reserve 1.5 million face masks and 200,000 breathing masks for German hospitals in spite of immense global demand, and provided his letter with the note: "I appeal to you, do not underestimate the problem of this virus." [ 7] The entrepreneur states that he did not receive any response from Berlin. The Ministry in turn rejects any responsibility: "The procurement of personal protective equipment" is coordinated in Germany through the procurement office of the Bundeswehr."

Last edited:
Tags
None