Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, in Kenya.
Very low numbers. I suspect the reality of the situation to be much worse.
596 Tested 31 Confirmed 1 Dead 1 Recovered
Tracking the coronavirus | Archive
First Covid-19 death in Kenya. 66 yr old man with underlying health issues.
Source | Archive

Kenyans aren't taking social distancing order well.
Chaos ensues.
Source | Archive

Frankly I'm impressed that fucking Kenya of all places apparently seems to have masks to give to their troops doing crowd control.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
There are drug addicts everywhere. Just like there is Venerial Disease everywhere. I suppose this is becoming a "California" thing because I brought it up ... People in California are people too. The difference between the structural and systemic weaknesses here and in your own communities might be a question of scale, and not so much about the way people behave.

If this is the case, your city needs to scramble for more food banks or you guys are going to have some major security issues.

People who don't handle quarantines well, understandably, are the mentally ill, and people who live with them. That and freaky violent family members.

Main difference: wealthier people have the resources to put them away somewhere, or get the fuck out, long before Corona was more than the Spanish word for crown.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that it is complex and it sucks no matter how you slice it.
the food banks in my area already are handing out food at a record number and as efficiently as they can however there's only so much you can do

Last edited:

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
While the EU is debating how Italy will pay back the debt they will graciously allow Italy to have in coronabonds Russia is sending plane fulls of aid. Apparently repaying a cultural debt of their own for Adriano Celentano's wonderful 87 concert in Moscow.

https://www.ft.com/content/b1c5681e-6cf9-11ea-89df-41bea055720b

I don't imagine Italian's are massive fans of the EU right now? Will we see Brexit 2.0 spaghetti edition in the coming years?
Italy will become a protectorate of the CCP. Only way to safe guard their assets like the chinese are doing in Africa.

Non-Expert!

Feel free to misgender me.
kiwifarms.net
>What is all of this insurance going to do for you?
It keeps you from being bankrupted after a month of being put on artificial breathing assuming you survive that.
That is covered by your copay and deductible.

Sux to be you if you have a high deductible.

Kiwis, damn that brings up another illness-related issue. The cost of ER admission.

I could see people dying at home, just because they overestimate their resiliance, and don't feel like they can afford their high deductible.

lottalove

kiwifarms.net
A very "German" story about facemasks, after one part of a delivery got lost in Kenya recently. The Germans also don't want help from China, by the way. But seemingly, they want no help at all with the shortage of protective gear?

There has been a German company offering to secure some 1.5 million masks and 200.000 respirator masks for the German Health Ministry, early on, after the WHO warned about shortages. Approximate answer: "Dafür sind wir nicht zuständig" ("We are not responsible for that.") More specifically, he didn't hear back from them. Because the military has to order these things. But instead of the ministry informing the military, seemingly nothing happened, because of Nichtzuständigkeit (not beeing responsible).

Google translated:
"Documented, for example, is the case of an entrepreneur whose company manufactures respiratory masks and protective clothing for hospitals. The man had written to the Ministry of Health in several letters pointing out the impending shortage. He offered the ministry to reserve 1.5 million face masks and 200,000 breathing masks for German hospitals in spite of immense global demand, and provided his letter with the note: "I appeal to you, do not underestimate the problem of this virus." [ 7] The entrepreneur states that he did not receive any response from Berlin. The Ministry in turn rejects any responsibility: "The procurement of personal protective equipment" is coordinated in Germany through the procurement office of the Bundeswehr."

Last edited:

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Ohio cops, here's a funny article. They are asking for criminal activity to stop due to wuflu. I think this was meant to be a joke.

"Due to the coronavirus, the police department is asking that all criminal activities stop until further notice. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in the matter. We will update you when we deem it’s appropriate to proceed with yo bad selves," the department said.
Yeah, this is just someone making a joke. Pretty decent one. Wonder how many criminals actually wait for the go ahead to go back to breaking laws.

Archive

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net

JuniperFalls

kiwifarms.net
I can't speak for that person's circumstance, but I know I do my independent contractor taxes by keeping a giant pile of money and do it in one big shot at tax season rather than quarterly, but my current plan to tread water (assuming nothing else practical happens) is to use some of that pile for survival and set up a long-term payment thing with the IRS.
I exactly don't pay quarterly for this reason. I don't want to lean on that but it's been there as an emergency slush fund.
How do you avoid paying penalties? I pay quarterly taxes on my contractor/freelance income because IIRC if I owe more than either $500 or $1,000 tax at the end of the year I'd also have to pay fines or penalties. Do you also have, or co-file with, someone with a regular paycheck doing larger-than-necessary withholding?

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do you avoid paying penalties? I pay quarterly taxes on my contractor/freelance income because IIRC if I owe more than either $500 or $1,000 tax at the end of the year I'd also have to pay fines or penalties. Do you also have, or co-file with, someone with a regular paycheck doing larger-than-necessary withholding?
wat
no
you just file for April 15th and pay them the total amount
if quarterly isn't just paying ahead of time the IRS never bothered to tell me lol

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net

So much for killing off the old, decrepit and poor ...

Many of these areas are what I call "name brand" areas ... the ones people know of. Because they are affluent and popularized in movies and with tourists.

Hardest hit age ranges are 18-40 and 40-65. I am not surprised because in this country there are a lot of unhealthy very obese people, and if you live past 65, the curve is in your favor for living a lot longer.

Just a personal theory. @Otterly @cuddle striker @eternal dog mongler ?

Any credence?

You all might notice that as far as reputed "bad" areas go, Compton has 2 cases, Crenshaw, 2, East LA, 3, downtown, 6 ... however Inglewood and Hawthorne are high, for now.

Beverly Hills and Pacific Palisades are "up there," too. With other wealthy areas like del Rey.

Anyway, sorry guys, I am just afraid that the party is literally over and I actually don't know what else to say.
Not that there's a lack of fatties, but how many are the homeless people? I doubt most of them make it past 65.

The one thing i do find interesting about this whole pandemic is the amount of pro-trump people became anti-trump. I wonder if this has to do with jordan peterson one student theory, that conservationism is caused by a fear of illnesses.
What are you talking about? The media has been bitching for days because his popularity is rising.

Last edited:

EmuWarsVeteran

The Planet Will Break Before The Guard Does.
kiwifarms.net
While the EU is debating how Italy will pay back the debt they will graciously allow Italy to have in coronabonds Russia is sending plane fulls of aid. Apparently repaying a cultural debt of their own for Adriano Celentano's wonderful 87 concert in Moscow.

https://www.ft.com/content/b1c5681e-6cf9-11ea-89df-41bea055720b

I don't imagine Italian's are massive fans of the EU right now? Will we see Brexit 2.0 spaghetti edition in the coming years?
The colonies of the franco-german axis will soon have much against their overlords. I know right now Spanish anti-EU sentiment is at an all time high, and it was damned high before this. Can't imagine eastern europe being any less angry. Seems Merkel's Axis is going the same route the other two went.

Frankly I'm impressed that fucking Kenya of all places apparently seems to have masks to give to their troops doing crowd control.
We ALL have enough masks for EVERYONE.
What we don't have is enough CLEAN masks for everyone.
What Kenya's military doesn't have is enough knowledge to understand the difference.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
wat
no
you just file for April 15th and pay them the total amount
if quarterly isn't just paying ahead of time the IRS never bothered to tell me lol
And now you can file then on July 15th as they have extended the tax season which myself and my accountant are very very happy with.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And now you can file then on July 15th as they have extended the tax season which myself and my accountant are very very happy with.
in my case I'm probably planning on filling before and setting up a payment plan lol since IC gig evaporated in the Wuhan Panic
from my experience and that of relations as long as you make it clear you're trying to pay them the IRS is shockingly chill about stuff

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have paid an underpayment penalty before. It’s a thing.

I agree the IRS is cool... if they’re getting paid.
I've underpaid for a thing here and there, obemecare tax and some withdrawl from a 401k, but they always just mailed me a notice to the effect of "yo, brah, cough up an extra couple hundred, `kay?"
It seems like sincerity really does go a long way with them though for sure.

Rudy Russo

Thats just yellow primer
kiwifarms.net

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My sister works for Lululemon and she, along with all their other employees, have been on paid leave for the past couple of weeks (before most areas enacted a stay-at-home order). They just told her they'll be extending their paid leave to her and the other employees until at least April 26.

I never thought I'd have so much respect for a company that sells overpriced leggings. I'm cynical as hell when it comes to corporations so it's great to see one taking care of its workers during these crazy times.

wokelizard

kiwifarms.net
China isn't lying because of their race. They're lying because of their ideology. They're communists and lying is what communists do. Race has nothing to do with it.
Initially I think they were covering up. But China don't fuck around with corruption - if they think you've lied, or have covered up information that lead to deaths, it's possible you'll get a bullet in your head. It's happened before, the whole tard cum contamination with melamine saga. The party has reaised that coronavirus is an existential threat, and have made it very clear, so that it ripples down the hierarchy, that coronavirus needs to be detected, quarantined, and eradicated. There is nothing for them to gain now, by covering anything up. The world knows where it started, but for as long as we keep buying cheap shit made in China, they know we can't do anything without fucking our own economies up. Which since they seem to be heading that way, perhaps this gives us an opportunity to isolate China. The CCP is pure Orwellian evil and I'd be very relaxed about nuking them if nobody else got hurt.

Tags
None