Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

wokelizard

kiwifarms.net
China isn't lying because of their race. They're lying because of their ideology. They're communists and lying is what communists do. Race has nothing to do with it.
Initially I think they were covering up. But China don't fuck around with corruption - if they think you've lied, or have covered up information that lead to deaths, it's possible you'll get a bullet in your head. It's happened before, the whole milk contamination with melamine saga. The party has reaised that coronavirus is an existential threat, and have made it very clear, so that it ripples down the hierarchy, that coronavirus needs to be detected, quarantined, and eradicated. There is nothing for them to gain now, by covering anything up. The world knows where it started, but for as long as we keep buying cheap shit made in China, they know we can't do anything without fucking our own economies up. Which since they seem to be heading that way, perhaps this gives us an opportunity to isolate China. The CCP is pure Orwellian evil and I'd be very relaxed about nuking them if nobody else got hurt.

Non-Expert!

Check your immunoprivelege.
kiwifarms.net
@Otterly @cuddle striker @eternal dog mongler ?

Up from 799 cases and 13 deaths.

In that time period, I have not even gotten up to pee.

Everybody else ... ban anybody with a California license plate, or driver's license rolling thru your town, (joke ... kind of.)

How bad is this going to get?

Edit: at a second glance, it appears that data is updated every 24 hours.

Still not good.

USS Mercy is on its way, but apparently for a non-Covid patient population. Video embedded in story.

Lots of drama apparently.

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net
Initially I think they were covering up. But China don't fuck around with corruption - if they think you've lied, or have covered up information that lead to deaths, it's possible you'll get a bullet in your head.
The problem the CCP has with corruption is unfixable. If you have a regime where people in power can silence criticism from people with no power, there will always be a temptation for the people in power to use that to stop people from criticizing them for being corrupt. Generally speaking, the people executed for corruption have already lost a power struggle and hence the power needed to silence their critics. It's also not clear if they're actually guilty of corruption. The CCP might bump off dissidents on the grounds they are corrupt while all the actually corrupt people might be protected. Maybe all officials in China are corrupt but only ones who have lost a power struggle are executed. After all, once you've killed someone it's not like anyone cares if they were corrupt or not.

In other news Survival Lilly has a new video on gasmask reviews

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDvFn7fNx7g

Local upload

It's apocalyptic as hell to hear her talk about how 'it's easy to get infected if you make mistakes' when going shopping for groceries.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My sister works for Lululemon and she, along with all their other employees, have been on paid leave for the past couple of weeks (before most areas enacted a stay-at-home order). They just told her they'll be extending their paid leave to her and the other employees until at least April 26.

I never thought I'd have so much respect for a company that sells overpriced leggings. I'm cynical as hell when it comes to corporations so it's great to see one taking care of its workers during these crazy times.
To be fair though the government is going to be handling their payroll.

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
Initially I think they were covering up. But China don't fuck around with corruption - if they think you've lied, or have covered up information that lead to deaths, it's possible you'll get a bullet in your head.
Would an indication of that sort of thing be removal of officials?
wuhanoops.PNG

Archive- https://archive.md/4SysN

Or maybe prosecutions?
wuhanoops1.PNG

Archive- https://archive.md/xu4XB

Because that already happened.

iterator

kiwifarms.net
Cases in New Zealand only continue to increase, as Ardern's boondoggle that she could have avoided simply by excluding carriers drags on.

Police are harassing surfers, of all the people they could target. Clearly, people exercising in a natural disinfectant is a great threat to public health. Doesn't quite sound right, does it? Perhaps keeping out foreigners and actually quarantining disease-carrying New Zealanders would have been smarter than destroying small businesses and harassing people who just want to surf alone?

Meanwhile, while up until a few days ago, horseface Ardern was pretending that community transmission wasn't happening, her government explicitly told the organizers of a conference that was affected by her admission of a coronavirus carrier that they should go ahead with having people that person likely infected spread out throughout the country. Disgusting, but par for the course for horseface.
Easy to understand why. The people this will effect? Real New Zealanders, who Ardern couldn't care less about. Rural New Zealanders, who she hates even more. Hell, most of them probably own guns!

Let them die, says the horsefaced cunt.
AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED?!

I AM TRAVELING NOT WALKING!

I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE AUTHORITY OF YOUR SO CALLED 'COURT' UNDER ADMIRALITY FLAG!
OK bro, clearly sovereign citizen nonsense is equivalent to taking advantage of your rights under New Zealand law that have not been affected by this event.
I plan to find a nice spot in a park, or perhaps the beach, to sit and read in the springtime sun. I'll be polite to any police officer challenging me, explaining that I have seen nobody, talked to nobody, and am a threat to nobody. I might even suck up a 30 pound fine for doing so. But I won't be sent back to my home, to suffer under house arrest and breathe the communal air of my housemates (which if any are asymptomatic carriers, is likely to contain a higher viral density than outdoors air), to comply with an irrational and fundamental assault on liberty.
I would suggest reading while walking. It's not hard if you roll along slowly.

Last edited:

Salt_Merchant

Sodium Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Cases in New Zealand only continue to increase, as Ardern's boondoggle that she could have avoided simply by excluding carriers drags on.

Police are harassing surfers, of all the people they could target. Clearly, people exercising in a natural disinfectant is a great threat to public health. Doesn't quite sound right, does it? Perhaps keeping out foreigners and actually quarantining disease-carrying New Zealanders would have been smarter than destroying small businesses and harassing people who just want to surf alone?

OK bro, clearly sovereign citizen nonsense is equivalent to taking advantage of your rights under New Zealand law that have not been affected by this event.

I would suggest reading while walking. It's not hard if you roll along slowly.

Could be worse, here is the land of OZ weve got people sharing facebook posts saying how much they wish Ardern was our PM.

CeleryStalks

Colorful flowers, too.
kiwifarms.net
Michigan, USA

GOOD NEWS!

People who were born poor, grew up poor, breed poor, work poor, live poor ... are pretty resilient as far as ducking and covering is concerned. Poor people generally cope better when the shit hit the fan.
Poor people do not handle self isolation and quarantine or emergencies in general more efficiently than the working class upper middle class and middle-class .
On the subject of how the urban poor will handle the WuFlu, 911 (the American emergency number) calls in Detroit are down 15-20%, and Mayor Mike Duggan estimates actual crime is down even more, despite the fact that one-fifth of his police force is quarantined or self-quarantined.
(archive)

OTHER MICHIGAN NEWS:
Corona-Chan's prison tour continues, with 13 prisoners and 5 employees testing positive at 10 facilities.
(archive)

She visits the homeless of Flint (of lead-plumbing fame)
(archive)

She visits our state legislature. "Rep. Tyrone Carter, D-Detroit, has tested positive... [he is] 'doing very well, is in good spirits and appears to be on the other side of his illness,' according to a statement from the House Democratic Caucus."
(archive)

Third Michigan policeman dead, aged 63. All three from the Detroit area.
(archive)

Fluff about the enforcement of our lockdown. (Kalamazoo - archive) (Ann Arbor - archive)
TL;DR it's an honor system, and the police are too busy and confused to enforce it.

SHUTDOWNS
Shelter-in-place order and shutdown of everything non-essential (groceries, gas stations, pharmacies, the usual) from Tuesday March 24 to Monday April 13. (archive) (executive order saved on KF)
The Big Three Auto manufacturers (Ford, GM, Chrysler) are closing all factories in the USA, putting well over 150,000 workers out of work, until "at least April." This figure does not include workers at supplier factories, which will also be obliged to close. (archive) (archive) They will be making a small number of parts for emergency vehicles, and GM will be helping make ventilators (archive - ventilators)

FREE STUFF!
Free bus rides in Detroit after drivers' strike (archive- strike) (archive - free fares)
Free access to state parks (archive)
Evictions suspended while the state of emergency lasts (archive)
State prisoners are being provided two free phone calls and two free emails a week, by the 3rd party vendors thereof (archive)

FREEDOM!
Semi-trucks carrying essential supplies can ignore seasonal road weight limits (archive)
Distilleries can make hand sanitizer without a permit (archive)
The city of Detroit is expediting the release of prisoners onto tether monitoring (archive)
Pharmacists may prescribe 60 days of emergency medication and may substitute drugs without physicians approval in event of shortages (archive).

BAD SIGNS
Seven thirteen prisoners and five staff infected at four ten facilities. (archive) (archive)
Six confirmed cases among patients and staff in Michigan psychiatric hospitals. (archive)
One confirmed case at homeless shelter in Flint (of lead-plumbing fame) (archive)
Detroit hospitals nearing capacity, with almost 450 Wuflu patients. (archive) (archive)
Big Brother is watching, and he approves. Massive phone-tracking project reveals Michigan travel down by 45%, compared to 40% nation-wide (archive).

LAW AND ORDER
Lansing (the capitol) police are not physically responding to minor crimes such as larceny, property damage, and break-ins to unoccupied buildings, including garages. Other police are adopting similar policies (archive).
5 9 18 25 Detroit police officers and 1 firefighter tested positive and 152 over 200 330 over 400 officers and 70 staff are quarantined (the Detroit Police Dept. has about 2,200 officers) (archive) (archive) (archive) (archive). One Detroit staffer is dead, age 38 (archive), and one Detroit police captain, age 31 (archive). One Wayne County (home of Detroit) sherrif's commander, age 63 (archive)
Despite this, 911 calls are down 15-20% in Detroit, and Mayor Mike Duggan (D) estimates actual crime has dropped even more (archive).
Kalamazoo sheriff's deputy tested positive (archive).Another Kalamazoo cop tests positive (archive).
Breaking the lockdown is a misdemeanor, punishable by $500 fines and 90 days jail time. Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D) has stated there will not be a "ramp up" of police enforcement (archive). The attorney general has left it to local law enforcement to close businesses, as her hands are full with price-gougers and con artists (archive). Local law enforcement is floundering (archive - Kalamazoo) (archive - Ann Arbor)

DEATH TOLL
Michigan deaths: 17 since yesterday, 60 total, mostly in and around Detroit, but starting to spread out (archive), plus one Ann Arbor man allegedly killed by his roommate in a Corona-related dispute (archive). The suspect has been released from custody while the investigation continues (archive).

Daddy's Little Kitten

♥ Join my onlyfans ♥
kiwifarms.net
We have extended our lock-down period for two more weeks, until April 12. From March 31, citizens need to be indoors from 7 PM to 5 AM, compared to the 9 PM to 5 AM we have. Supermarkets will be closed on Sundays. Only essential business will remain open and people exempt from the lock-down are those that are essential as well. Also starting from that date, we will be implementing vehicle control. Depending on which number your license plate ends, you can drive your car and only for essential shit.

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
Yes, it makes perfect sense for China, with 1.43 billion people to have less cases than the US, with .33 billion people (admittedly illegal aliens probably bring that up to .37 billion). Especially given the Chinese gave the US government months of warning.

Did you read the article where it is admitted these were random tests they bought from random Chinks? Of course not. As the Czech health minister pointed out, these tests bought from ChinkyChinaman1234 on AliBaba do at least work in some circumstances- unlike, for example, what Trump's CDC produced.
ChinkyChinaman1234 gets the blame when it was the CCP all along. If you're gonna sell faulty tests it makes sense to do it through a middle man.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just completed a short shopping tour.

Still seeing many more people out and about. Saw a person sitting on a park bench. People walking, alone or with family/friends, jogging.

First stop - Walmart. Fair supply of water. Amazingly, got a 24-pack of Dasani water, which wife and stepdaughter like. I almost never drink bottled water. Good supplies of milk, bread, eggs. Didn't have what I needed. In the ice cream/frozen dessert area, largely empty shelves. My favorite Outshine bars were out of stock. Walmart is the only place I can buy them.

Second stop - local Filipino/Indian market. Had what I needed. Also got a few bananas. Seemed to have plenty of stuff.

Observations - for the foreseeable future, one cannot take for granted that any one store will have everything you want. So be prepared. Keep your eyes open. Take some extra money, perhaps drive instead of walk.

Haven't seen so many people on the street walking since last Thursday. In my opinion, it won't be long until people just start blowing off the "shelter-in-place" stuff entirely. Personally, hasn't affected me, since once the walk is done I stay home, just go out for shopping or medical appointments. Am sure it has affected others, though.

Tags
None