Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
It's not outlandish. I have respirator training as part of my job. We regularly wear P100s with particulate and vapor cartridges for sandblasting and painting. N95s and half-face masks are inadequate. You need a full PAPR hood to keep the virus out of your eyes, and you need better filtration efficiency than N95 to be absolutely sure you won't inhale it.
Nothing in life is 100%. What that means is sure, if you had a PAPR hood you could avoid the bat flu. Then, as you are walking out of your home in your cool anti-chink fever hood an old geezer suddenly catches a heart attack as he's driving on the street in front of your home, causing him to put all his weight on the accelerator and swerve right into your path and smash into you, your cute doom hoodie and your front door, leaving not a whole lot for the EMTs to scrape up. You avoid the bat flu but not the boomer with a bad heart.

Hysterics and panic are self-defeating because eventually every waking hour will be filled with fear. Instead of restful sleep you will have nightmares. I am beginning to think the lockdown extensions, the authoritarian decrees and restrictions of freedom of movement are worse than the virus. The same people screaming at us to stay indoors right now are the same people who berated us for not running to Chinatown to hug a chink six weeks ago. Like someone said earlier countries didn't shut down for smallpox or other contagious, deadly diseases. I'm also beginning to think Fauci is the lead doomer in all of this because this is the role of the century for him. He's also pretty cavalier about people's livelihoods disappearing and everyone's life being turned upside down. I get the WHO lulled everyone into a false sense of complacency early on but at some point an official with an understanding of pandemics and human behavior needs to devise a way to selectively quarantine the most vulnerable while allowing the immune to return to work/school. People will ignore the quarantine orders once good weather appears and NYC warms up (it already has).

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

There is no controversy, a faggot had 114 mild cases of WuFlu on his hands and didn't bother going to his flag Admiral (next door down from captains quarters). Instead of that he transmitted classified information in the clear via email to be leaked to the media.

Faggot will be lucky to avoid prison.
I don't think it is that Fedora to shit on the logical endgame of heresy (megachurches).

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
@EmuWarsVeteran what do you think of this?
HAH! Did they actually go ahead and propose that for real? I heard rumors but never thought they had the balls. Welp. It ain't getting past congress I can tell you that much.

Edit: article sais they didn't propose it, only told channel 6 they will. Yeah that ain't happening. Just straight up. Unless it's miniscule and includes massive cuts to pensions and unemployment to compensate the right wouldn't even consider it. And even then, I doubt it. And if the left throws pensioners under the bus I'mma laugh myself to death.

Edit 2: in case you're wondering why I'm discounting the chance of a left wing + nationalist pact. This kinda measures can only be added in another Pacto de la Moncloa, which is what they want to make, but for that they need supermajority, not just regular majority. It's not enough without the right. And they're dumb, but not THAT dumb.

Last edited:

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ever seen anyone with really, really bad favism? It’s rare in the states maybe? (If I’m being paranoid and raving in front of my trello board, there’s your italian connection...)
If they’re having the combination of an acute haemolytic crisis plus pneumonia, That’s a double whammy. Haemolytic crisis with less lung damage= the ones with normal lung sounds and low spO2. Both together are the ones in deep trouble.

Have you tried just shoving a few units into any of them, and following up with iron and folic acid? - could be justified if RBCs are really low.
They're probably just septic. Considering late stage COVID is basically like AIDS on Chemo wrt how fucked your immune system is, I expect strep pneumo would just go hog wild in their circulatory system, eating all of their delicious blood.

Having just perused the thread where you got doxed and outed as a degenerate spastic I believe the only thing you have training in is bad Sanic fanfiction and pretending to be a black trans woman online.
Drain Todger is a paranoid weirdo. Think of him as, like, an antivirus set to the highest sensitivity settings. He's going to get a whole lot of false positives, but he's also going to flag some stuff that would otherwise go unnoticed. So, there's some utility to his malady, if you can sort through it.

Last edited:

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Switching to a credit union a decade ago was the smartest financial decision I've made in my adult life. They're not immune to bullshit (they fell right in line with all the rest of the banks & CU's when Obama's credit/debit card reforms passed in setting the highest fees allowed by the new law for overdrafts, etc., no exceptions, no waivers, ever) but they still offer a superior, less expensive (free in my case) product and faaaar better service than any for-profit bank I've ever done business with (personally or commercially). Cheaper loans, too, and they don't dick around for days deciding whether to approve or not.

Fuck the banks.

Gettin' reeeeeally tired of reminding people to archive everything.

Also, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Actually, I'm planning to leave a credit union. Over the years, their fees have gone up and the service down. They won't cash US Savings Bonds, but the bank down the street will, and cheerfully.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
Nothing in life is 100%. What that means is sure, if you had a PAPR hood you could avoid the bat flu. Then, as you are walking out of your home in your cool anti-chink fever hood an old geezer suddenly catches a heart attack as he's driving on the street in front of your home, causing him to put all his weight on the accelerator and swerve right into your path and smash into you, your cute doom hoodie and your front door, leaving not a whole lot for the EMTs to scrape up. You avoid the bat flu but not the boomer with a bad heart.

Hysterics and panic are self-defeating because eventually every waking hour will be filled with fear. Instead of restful sleep you will have nightmares. I am beginning to think the lockdown extensions, the authoritarian decrees and restrictions of freedom of movement are worse than the virus. The same people screaming at us to stay indoors right now are the same people who berated us for not running to Chinatown to hug a chink six weeks ago. Like someone said earlier countries didn't shut down for smallpox or other contagious, deadly diseases. I'm also beginning to think Fauci is the lead doomer in all of this because this is the role of the century for him. He's also pretty cavalier about people's livelihoods disappearing and everyone's life being turned upside down. I get the WHO lulled everyone into a false sense of complacency early on but at some point an official with an understanding of pandemics and human behavior needs to devise a way to selectively quarantine the most vulnerable while allowing the immune to return to work/school. People will ignore the quarantine orders once good weather appears and NYC warms up (it already has).
You are quite optimistic in thinking an official with understanding of pandemics A) exists and B) is in a position to make these types of decisions.

I'll tell you exactly whats going to happen, the weather will continue to warm up and more people every day will break quarantine. Eventually the state governments are going to give up enforcing the rules as mass civil disobedience of the shelter orders begins. Once the infection rates in hospitals drops to normal levels they will have 0 ability to contain people and anyone that doesnt lift the restrictions by this point will be voted out in November by the pissed masses. The slow rate of NEETbux and piling bills will force more lower and middle class to return to work despite state orders, and once this happens in earnest the shopper limit at many stores is going to get ram-raided by swarms of people needing supplies. The good behavior and calm lines will grow more out of control as the weeks go by until corporate companies all decide to ditch the orders at the same time, because what is the state going to do, pull all the licenses of every multi billion business in the state at the same time?

Side note: We ( a group of non essential employees) are being told we have to come into work all week this week. Fantastic. best part, its to do something that will help 0% with the targeted problem and is almost assuredly a publicity stunt to keep morale of the public up. Waste of time if you ask me. Oh yeah, tests for Corona are still nowhere to be found and we have no idea how many people are sick statewide. Still stumbling around that field trying to hit that pinata.....

*bang head*

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
I think I have identified my least favorite type of person in the Coronapocalypse. It's the ones who virtue signal on social media about how they spotted a couple holding hands or a parent taking their child with them to the shops and were scandalized by the idiocy and nerve of some people. Then they scold their readers to obey the rules or else the quarantine will last longer!!111!!! as if the government and health officials are like an elementary school teacher waiting for the kids to be quiet before leading them down the hall to recess.

uncleShitHeel

Full of sunshine and rancid mayonaise.
kiwifarms.net
It is far worse than you might think for Xi. Far worse, not that I give a flying fuck for him.

Xi has put a great deal of effort into making China into a great power and future superpower. Now he knows that isn't going to happen. His glittering cities apparently have poor underground infrastructure. Can't drink the tap water. China's medical system is woefully lacking - no primary care system, so everyone runs to the hospital. Doctors who have called attention to the upcoming problem or have criticized his regime's actions re the virus have been arrested, or have just disappeared.

Xi's military has undoubtedly been affected by the ChiCom Flu. Couldn't guess the extent but bet operational and maintenance crews for all Chinese nuclear weapon delivery systems have been locked down for some time.

Xi's economy has been and is taking hits. Taking a while for production to resume. Saw something yesterday to the extent that deficiencies in certain raw material shipments from Africa are also affecting production. Xi can also see an accelerated pullout of certain foreign manufacturers from his country, meaning Chinese job losses. He can also see other countries working hard to develop additional sources for materials and goods China produces. This is on top of the ongoing housing, credit, and debt bubbles.

Speaking of debt, China holds just over one trillion dollars of US debt. Found an interesting article on this subject.

If I owe you a hundred dollars, I have a problem. If I owe you a trillion dollars, you have a problem. Xi has a problem.
He may have underestimated the US economic response to the ChiCom Flu. Xi could be concerned that the printing presses will go all-out and affect the value of Chinese holdings. Or maybe we'll mint one of those trillion-dollar coins and say, "We're paying it off, dude."

This virus has and will affect, to different extents, every country in the world - economically, socially, politically, you name it. And despite Xi's and the CCP's best efforts, China can't duck their actions. They could have let other countries know sooner. They didn't. They could have kept their people from traveling abroad. They didn't. They have made a big deal about selling/supplying test kits/PPE to other countries. Much of the Chinese stuff is no good.

China is also dealing with an outbreak of avian flu, which affects poultry and egg supplies.

And let's not forget the ongoing outbreak of African swine flu. China STILL doesn't seem to have it under control. Pork is China's preferred meat, and the Chinese eat a lot of it. Been

And all this is on top of all the other problems - the Muslims in camps, environmental problems, demographic problems, you name it.

Face it, what China has done, intentionally or unintentionally, re this virus is no less than an act of war upon the rest of the world. Xi knows there will be retaliation of some sort, not military, but in other forms. And I would opine if Prime Minister Johnson dies of this disease, the UK will indeed be pissed. Can see them coordinating or joining the USA in certain retaliatory moves.

Xi is riding a wild tiger, and he has no idea just what will happen next. Glad I am not him.
Not that I pay much attention these days but has anyone seen the CCP top brass in the media recently? Outside the talking heads of course.

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net

Don't bother talking to a bad faith actor, he pretended he did a study slightly based on the virus, then when nobody gave a shit decided to make his own happening thread where he doxes himself, taunts people about not getting enough dox, spastically "argues" with people, and then doxes himself more. Totally don't care tho, he's doing this to SAVE DA WURL. Also obligatory tranny.

tldr - faggot pretended to be a black man to be right, probably pretended to be a woman to be right at some point, and is now pretending he knows how to breathe properly.

Homegrown Homophobia

kiwifarms.net
I think I have identified my least favorite type of person in the Coronapocalypse. It's the ones who virtue signal on social media about how they spotted a couple holding hands or a parent taking their child with them to the shops and were scandalized by the idiocy and nerve of some people. Then they scold their readers to obey the rules or else the quarantine will last longer!!111!!! as if the government and health officials are like an elementary school teacher waiting for the kids to be quiet before leading them down the hall to recess.
In Los Angeles the quarantine has brought out everyone's Stasi informant. The local subreddit is filled to the brim of snitches and people freaking out over random people exercising or just making the best of a shit sandwich and enjoying themselves outside.

Tags
None