Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Piles of people got an involuntary crash-course in actually cooking their own food. Plus a good chunk of time to get into the habit of it. Even if money wasn't a big factor restaurants might not see previous customer levels come back for a very long time.

I used to do bread occasionaly and that was nice, But now hotdog and burger buns are on the list of things I can do myself far better than I can buy if I bother to plan ahead a day.
In contrast, my local friends have been ignoring my suggestions to stockpile at least some basic foodstuffs (freezer full of meat you can stomach, rice and beans, pasta, etc) because they seem to be taking "support local businesses" via curbside delivery from local restaurants as a form of virtue signaling.

General Disarray

Hesher Nation!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Our city is still on lockdown(-ish) but suburban bars were allowed to open as of midnight today, and one bar did just that. I might give a friend a call and head out - I've been inside for the last month and one-half and it's starting to really get to me. As afraid I am of getting sick (pre-existing condition) , I am going nuts sitting in this damn house.

Our governor is the ex-school superintendent for my city, and he promised transparency from the get-go. Except he had to be sued to release his office's emails and they would only give the news (the people who filed) one days' worth. The same governor "elected' when the weed referendum was also added to the ballot (driving higher minority turnout), and where boxes full of 'absentee' Dem ballots were inexplicably found after midnight in Milwaukee. Our county health commissioner showed up on the video conference aired live yesterday like this:

1590155451319.png

Don't know what she was thinking with that thing on her head. Cracked me up.

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
In contrast, my local friends have been ignoring my suggestions to stockpile at least some basic foodstuffs (freezer full of meat you can stomach, rice and beans, pasta, etc) because they seem to be taking "support local businesses" via curbside delivery from local restaurants as a form of virtue signaling.
Don't you know that stockpiling is bad because it hurts single mothers or something?

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Don't you know that stockpiling is bad because it hurts single mothers or something?
"The insufferable privilege of having food: why the white naziationalist "prepper" fascist-movement is literally stealing food out of poor innocent POC mouths because they keep their food locked up and own guns, preventing innocent joggers from sampling it when needed."

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Our city is still on lockdown(-ish) but suburban bars were allowed to open as of midnight today, and one bar did just that. I might give a friend a call and head out - I've been inside for the last month and one-half and it's starting to really get to me. As afraid I am of getting sick (pre-existing condition) , I am going nuts sitting in this damn house.

Our governor is the ex-school superintendent for my city, and he promised transparency from the get-go. Except he had to be sued to release his office's emails and they would only give the news (the people who filed) one days' worth. The same governor "elected' when the weed referendum was also added to the ballot (driving higher minority turnout), and where boxes full of 'absentee' Dem ballots were inexplicably found after midnight in Milwaukee. Our county health commissioner showed up on the video conference aired live yesterday like this:

1590224179905.png

Don't know what she was thinking with that thing on her head. Cracked me up.
Holy shitfuck it's Nirrti from Stargate SG1! Don't trust her, she's a player Hathor! Hide you kids! Hide you Cassandras! She'll turn them into timebombs! Get the Transphase Eradication Rods!

1590157366717.png

In non-SG1 related news, Dr. Campbell is getting the message of Vitamin D out into the mainstream media. I'm guessing this means the normies will buy up all the Vitamin D so if you want some it's probably best to get it before the rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esDfuS8JdE0
https://archive.vn/ECGfc

Last edited:

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
Especially not if you can get reinfected.
I'm pretty sure the "reinfection" angle was shot down https://archive.vn/yhxdz
But it does blow a hole in the testing crowds agenda:
>Everyone needs to get tested
>You can get reinfected anyways
:thinking:
Other than Jonah Goldberg, David French and the rest of the gonservative semen suckers (and leftard BDMS types), it is rather obvious that all the governors did was create an economic depression. Flattening the curve was a fool’s errand: pay me now or pay me later situation that only delayed herd immunity. They are legends in their own minds and should all be held accountable for their idiocy.
I'll actually take a pause and defend the initial 2-week pause. A temporary hold on mass gatherings and places which at the time they thought would allow healthcare logistics to catch up, get enough field hospitals and extra beds ready, get supply lines in order, etc. It arguably did its job.

The problem was, that aside from like Georgia and South Dakota, hardly any of the states opened back up once the healthcare logistics were in order, and chose to atrophy the economy out of fear and paranoia; meanwhile all reliable data about the virus continued to change and point to a more-contagious-but-less-lethal disease than previously estimated. However, instead of changing their mode of action in the face of new information they doubled-down and made economic atrophy a moral obligation and a political stance.

I keep hearing about how covid would give you permanent damage, even if you are young and healthy. Is that true?
If you fall into the like 0.03% of young people that actually get serious symptoms then there is a small chance there might be some long lasting damage, though its not certain.

The problem is that High IQ Big-Brains who #ListentotheExperts think that anecdotal evidence of a rare and statistically irrelevant segment of the population potentially possibly maybe getting lifelong damage is therefore proof that 100% of everyone young who gets ChiCom Coof WILL have permanent damage.

People, even on this thread, were seriously justifying the lockdowns with "we just don't know".

GrimProphet

Learn to swim.
kiwifarms.net
Oh for fucks sake. The people aren't turning inside out and exploding. They are quietly dying from respiratory failure. If you are in the serious part of the medical field this is just something that happens. Everybody dies. Most do so in a hospital and the staff there have learned how to help people in those times while not letting it get to them.

On a personal note I had a little whoopsie the other day and ended up in the ER needing stitches. The place was deserted and the nurse was waiving me to the back before I finished filling out the admission form. It was the quickest most attentive ER visit ever. I think the last time I was there I was bringing in a friend that had the flu real bad a couple years ago. Huge clogged overcrowded waiting room for many hours to see a doctor with roughly 1/3 of them with the flu as well.

This ain't that. If you are getting PTSD from this you need to find another line of work.
I could maybe see a case for staff developing some form of trauma disorder if they're working in some of the hardest hit hospitals, dealing with a large number of fatalities can take a toll, but we also have to consider the source. In my area at least, most of the nurses/nurse aides are 20-28 year old women who probably develop PTSD or debilitating anxiety from seeing a dead raccoon on the side of the road while they're driving to work.

Mrs. Adams

Probably doesn't exist
kiwifarms.net
I could maybe see a case for staff developing some form of trauma disorder if they're working in some of the hardest hit hospitals, dealing with a large number of fatalities can take a toll, but we also have to consider the source. In my area at least, most of the nurses/nurse aides are 20-28 year old women who probably develop PTSD or debilitating anxiety from seeing a dead raccoon on the side of the road while they're driving to work.
I've got a nurse friend working over in LA. He says he's bagging more bodies per day than he usually bags in... a month... a year? I forget. Either way, I think certain hotspots are bad, and it sounds like other places are totally unaffected. He's not some med-school co-ed either. He's a hunting/fishing, red-blooded-pro-Trump guy.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh for fucks sake. The people aren't turning inside out and exploding. They are quietly dying from respiratory failure. If you are in the serious part of the medical field this is just something that happens. Everybody dies. Most do so in a hospital and the staff there have learned how to help people in those times while not letting it get to them.

On a personal note I had a little whoopsie the other day and ended up in the ER needing stitches. The place was deserted and the nurse was waiving me to the back before I finished filling out the admission form. It was the quickest most attentive ER visit ever. I think the last time I was there I was bringing in a friend that had the flu real bad a couple years ago. Huge clogged overcrowded waiting room for many hours to see a doctor with roughly 1/3 of them with the flu as well.

This ain't that. If you are getting PTSD from this you need to find another line of work.
From a few family members who are medical providers in the hard hit NY area. The problem, the thing that is traumatizing them, especially the nurses, is that they are not being allowed to help them. Cuomo changed the rules. The nurses are basically being forced to stockpile patients and leave them to die. No CPR. No intervention. No basic care and treatments. One is a 30 years experienced NICU Nurse Practitioner. Her job for decades is caring for critical and dying babies. She has never encountered anything like this. and it’s destroying them. If you remember that tearful nurse video a couple of hundred pages back calling what they are doing in NYC Murder? She isn’t an outlier or lone loony. And it’s getting worse for the staff as the number of patients decreases, but the Barbaric rules that prevent them from delivering care remain. To add to this they are deeply resentful of the normies who want to go back to work and not starve. “How dare they after putting the nurses through this!”

Needless to say healthcare providers in the heart of the outbreaks are in some pretty fucked up mental spaces right now.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
From a few family members who are medical providers in the hard hit NY area. The problem, the thing that is traumatizing them, especially the nurses, is that they are not being allowed to help them. Cuomo changed the rules. The nurses are basically being forced to stockpile patients and leave them to die. No CPR. No intervention. No basic care and treatments. One is a 30 years experienced NICU Nurse Practitioner. Her job for decades is caring for critical and dying babies. She has never encountered anything like this. and it’s destroying them. If you remember that tearful nurse video a couple of hundred pages back calling what they are doing in NYC Murder? She isn’t an outlier or lone loony. And it’s getting worse for the staff as the number of patients decreases, but the Barbaric rules that prevent them from delivering care remain. To add to this they are deeply resentful of the normies who want to go back to work and not starve. “How dare they after putting the nurses through this!”

Needless to say healthcare providers in the heart of the outbreaks are in some pretty fucked up mental spaces right now.
I suppose. Though the problem you point to seems to be that they used the wrong nurses for the job. If Cuomo was going to limit them to pallative care then they should have leaned on the hospice staff.

Wouldn't be the first time politicians, admins, and the public ignored specialties and treated all the nurses the same.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
YOOOOO I BRING HOT NEWS! China just published an article on The Lancet claiming to have the FIRST SAFE AND EFFECTIVE vaccine for covid having passed phase 1 human trials. The fact that an american company was the first one to pass phase 1 seems not to matter to all the dumb journos parroting the "FIRST" part... ejem. Here's the text:

(And here's an article on the american version https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coron...promise-early-human-testing/story?id=70741590 )

But what makes this so fucking hilarious ain't the "first" part, oh no. It's the "safe and effective" part. Oh yeah this is a dumpster fire! Btw. The american version WAS safe and effective (at least by phase 1 standards. We've yet to see phase 2), which makes it all the funnier. So. Introduction:

-A buncha chinks from Wuhan got selected for a non-randomized open lable trial with no control group. This means everyone knew exactly what each trial member was taking at all times. Funded and designed by a chinese guvernmental organization which also oversaw the research yet the researchers ensure us absolutely would not ever possibly manipulate the data in a million years, pinky finger promise! *ejem*

-To ensure the participants weren't infected with regular covid they used the same chinese fast tests we keep proving can't actually detect the virus. Instead of, you know, a fucking CPR.

-The vaccine is an AD5 hybrid. And over half the fucking test group had high AD5 antibodies before vaccination. They specifically marked that indeed the vaccine caused a spike in AD5 antibodies, yet still measure the growth in T-Cells (which we know from the antibody spike are responding to AD5) as a positive outcome. To be fair after 28 days a rise in sars-cov-2 antibodies was also measured. But I find the T cell part absolutely hilarious. Specially since only around 50% saw the antibody for covid increase yet nearly 100% saw a spike in AD5 antivirus. Like that should tell these idiots they're triggering 2 immune responses. For a virus already infamous for triggering excessive immune responses.

-And talking about excessive immune responses,: 81% of the participants suffered from side effects such as muscle pain, nausea and fever. And 1 suffered a severe immune response.Also these adverse effects were not measured according to ISO regulations but according to the much laxer protocols issued by the China State FDA. *ejem.* Furthermore these incidents were reported less on patients with AD5 immunity. Which should tell you this is because their AD5 vector is causing them. Meaning it is possibly dangerous to non-immunized patients. Fucking massive brain chinese 100IQ advantage not to note that!

I will keep reading later but for now. As soon as I read the part about using those cheapo plastics for covid detection I just launched my sides into orbit so I wanted to bring the initial hot take here.

For the record. I wouldn't necessarily hate that the test has no control group. RCTs (Randomized Control Trials) aren't always used when it comes to emergencies, for reasons explained later. Thing is. RCTs in vaccination tend to use pre-existing vaccines (what is refered to "best available treatment" trials) instead of placebo. Mostly because denying vaccination to large numbers of people you know will be exposed to a pathogen is... Not the most ethical prospect, to put it mildly. Which brings the question of what to do when no vaccine is available. This is a very hard to answer question with serious ramifications that we won't answer today.

Because while usually I'd be lenient with non-RCTs, having read that the trial uses those cheapo tests that can't detect the broad side of a barn for control and is directly overseen by chinese officials which designed the test and had access to all information gathered, and taking into account that the day 14 results were actually appalingly disastrous yet by day 28 SARS COV 2 antibodies miraculously spike, and well, I think we all see where I'm going with this.

Needless to say this is as horrifying as it is hilarious and I hope you're all having a day as funny as mine. God I needed to have a laugh.

Oh and also: the right wing is now trying to claim they have "retaken the streets" bragging how their protests have "tens of participants." Which has made the left repost the "There are dozens of us. DOZENS!" meme en masse because just this january the white tide managed to get over 5000 people to protest the healthcare cuts here in cadiz and that was seen as not as many as expected while yesterday's protest in seville had exactly 16 fucking participants. And now they're bragging about thay... Fucking clownworld. Kek extraordinaire.

And on national news. Next round of reopenings. We're going to phase 2 and so is half of spain, no one gets left on phase 1. And with even more concessions on all phases, phase 2 is practically just total reopen. I mean... we won't be able to make concerts or festivals but that's literally it.
20200522_153019.jpg

And on more good news with the economy re-spiking and the industrial tissue on recovery mode Spain's dependence on petrol is being reduced, which is really good because that's where most of our import money wound up being wasted. So overall it seems the rebounce has started.

Oh yeah also, Ayuso plans on fomenting tourism for Madrid. And everyone laughed their assess off at that. Every fucking summer madrid goes deserted as even its own inhabitants can't take the horrid air quality and abhorrent lifestyle. Tourism? Yer gonna need a lot more than some fucking parks to fix that shit buddy.

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

CeleryStalks

Colorful flowers, too.
kiwifarms.net
Michigan, USA

A lawsuit has been filed to change our state law that says absentee ballots must be received by the time polls close on election day to be counted. The filers wish to change it to count ballots that are postmarked on time.
(archive)

A group representing Michigan builders and contractors has filed a lawsuit against Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D)'s executive orders regarding new anti-coronavirus measures in their line of work.
(archive)
Detroit Free Press said:
[W]hile state law makes violation of a governor's emergency order a misdemeanor — potentially punishable by a $500 fine and 90 days in jail — in her orders, including one issued as recently as Thursday, she said violation of the work rules could be considered a violation of Michigan Occupational Safety and Health regulations.
Those are potentially punishable by fines of up to $70,000 a day for a company in willful violation.
"Not only is the governor increasing penalties without legislative approval, she is also transferring enforcement power from local elected officials, such as sheriffs and prosecutors, to unelected bureaucrats under her control," the Mackinac Center Legal Foundation said in a news release.
The Capri Drive-in theatre, in Branch County, has reopened in defiance of Governor Whitmer's orders, A police report has been sent to the county prosecutor's office, who are reviewing it.
(archive)

State Rep. Karen Whitsett, D-Detroit, was censured by her fellow Democrats after praising President Donald Trump for his recommendation of hydroxychloroquine, which she credits for her recovery from the Coronavirus. She is now suing them and Governor Whitmer for defamation and violating her freedom of speech.
Some highlights:
Mlive said:
As a result of the censure, Whitsett says she has been “ousted” by the party, and the defendants continue to hinder her ability to do her job. An example, the lawsuit claims Whitsett arranged for 388,680 meals to be delivered to her constituents in Detroit, and the defendants refused to allow her the help of the Michigan Army National Guard to distribute the meals as previously arranged.
Jonathan Kinloch, the chair of the 13th Congressional District Democratic Party Organization said he had not been served with the lawsuit and had yet to read it when reached for comment.
“It’s probably full of banter and bullcrap," Kinloch said.
“She has shown herself not to remain interested in being a Democrat. Maybe she should consider the suggestion from President Donald J Trump, to become a Republican," Kinloch said. “If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, then it’s a Republican duck.”
The suit accuses Whitmer of being aware of a conspiracy to publicly shame, defame and humiliate Whitsett. Whitmer did not try to stop the scheme and actually prompted it, making her liable for damages, the lawsuit claims.
(archive)

SHUTDOWN SHOWDOWN
Shelter-in-place order from Tuesday March 24 to Monday April 13. Friday, May 1, Friday, May 15, May 28, but May 22 for the farthest north, May 21, kind of? May 1, maybe? (archive May 21) (executive order saved on KF) . The Republican-controlled legislature has refused to extend Governor Whitmer's emergency authority. Governor Whitmer insists her emergency orders are all still in effect (Rundown on the laws).
State attorney general Dana Nessel (D) is also leaving enforcement of the stay-at-home order to local discretion until the courts weigh in on it (archive). She has stated Governor Whitmer's orders are valid and are to be enforced (archive). The legislature is not calling for civil disobedience at this time (archive).
The legislature has filed a lawsuit against the governor (archive). Oral arguments were heard May 15 (archive). The judge's decision is pending, but will most likely be appealed either way.
State senate leader Mike Shirkey (R) is also supporting a petition drive to change the law. Such a petition would require 340,047 signatures to be collected. It would be veto-proof if approved by the legislature, and would go on the next general election ballot if denied by them (archive 1, archive 2, archive 3).
U. S. Rep Paul Mitchell (R - The Thumb) has filed a lawsuit independently against Governor Whitmer, in federal district court. Link, pdf on KF. He has also founded a committee to work on the petition recommended by Sen. Shirkey.
There have been at least ten other lawsuits against Governor Whitmer's actions during this crisis, mostly regarding the shut-down order, in various stages of progress and in various courts (summary of eight of them). However, "all deadlines applicable to the commencement of all civil and probate actions and proceedings" are suspended until the end of the states of emergency and disaster. Executive order, and thus in limbo. (archive).

OTHER SHUTDOWNS
Recap from NPR
Major protest at the State Capitol April 15 (A&N thread). Minor protest outside Governor's Mansion April 23 (archive). Protest at the State Capitol April 30 (A&N Thread). Protest at the capitol May 14 (archive).
Auto manufacturing resuming May 18. (archive)

ECONOMY AND MISCELLANY
Unemployment reached 22.7% in April. (Archive - May 20). It should be lower now, as factories, etc. reopen.
Massive phone-tracking project reveals Michigan travel is slowly creeping back up (website).
The State is facing a $2.5 billion budget shortage (archive).

HEALTH CARE
Hydroxychloroquine banned by governor's order (archive). Nevermind LOL! Now she's asking the federal government for it and claiming the ban was a mistake in the first place. (archive). Detroit-area hospitals are testing the drug's effectiveness as a preventative on first responders and health-care workers (archive). Article on results, May 8 (archive).
Elective surgeries are banned. Maybe? Who knows. If/when in effect, abortions were not included in the ban (thread).
At any rate, hospitals are resuming elective surgeries.
Up-to-date count of available hospital beds, etc. in the State (the Detroit area is "Section 2, North and South.")(government website)
State of affairs May 5 - about half as many hospitalized cases and ICU cases as on April 12 (archive).
Detroit field hospital, capacity 1,000, closed. Never had many more than 20 at any time. (archive, May 7).
The state is going to add "probable" deaths from Coronavirus to our death tolls. (archive - May 20)

LAW AND ORDER
All localities given more discretion to release prisoners early (archive). It was an executive order. Who knows if it's still valid?
Detroit shootings up, but most other crime down (archive - April 30); Muskegon police report crime is up (archive).
Breaking the lockdown is a misdemeanor, punishable by $1500 fines and 90 days jail time. (Still valid???) Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D) has stated there will not be a "ramp up" of police enforcement (archive). The attorney general has left it to local law enforcement to close businesses, as her hands are full with price-gougers and con artists (archive).
The police cannot, at present, pull drivers over simply for being out during the shutdown (archive). Multiple sherrifs from the rural north to Detroit suburbs have stated they will not be enforcing or not strictly enforcing parts or the entirety of the order (archive).

OFFICIAL DEATH TOLL

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services reviews deaths and adds overlooked cases to the count three days a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Recovery counts are updated on Saturdays.
31 deaths were added yesterday.

MDHHS said:
Regular reviews of death certificate data maintained in Vital Records reporting systems are conducted by MDHHS staff three times per week. As a part of this process, records that identify COVID-19 infection as a contributing factor to death are compared against all laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS). If a death certificate is matched to a confirmed COVID-19 case and that record in the MDSS does not indicate the individual died, the MDSS record is updated to indicate the death and the appropriate local health department is notified. These matched deaths are then included with mortality information posted to the Michigan Coronavirus website.
Detroit Metro (pop. 3,860,000 total; 1,796/sq. mi.; 694/sq km):*

34,178 confirmed / 4,043 dead
34,083 confirmed / 4,030 dead yesterday
(i.e. 13 new deaths, down 5 from this day last week)
Normal Detroit Metro Death Rate: 104 per day.**

Other Michigan (6,120,000; 65/sq. mi.; 25/sq km):

19,735 confirmed / 1,115 dead
19,427 confirmed / 1,099 dead yesterday
(i.e. 16 new deaths, down 4 from this day last week)
Normal not-Detroit Death Rate: 167 per day**

All Michigan (9,990,000; 103/sq. mi.; 40/sq km):

53,913 confirmed / 5,158 dead
53,510 confirmed / 5,129 dead yesterday
(i.e. 29 new deaths, down 9 from this day last week)
Normal Michigan Death Rate: 271 per day.**

Death toll doubled since: April 20.
We were locked down from: March 24 (until April 30? May 21),
Masks have been mandatory in stores since: April 27 (until April 30?).

Detroit Metro Daily Deaths Last Seven Days:
26*** / 4 / 14 / 77*** / 26 / 22*** / 13 = 226***

State Government site, daily - today's archive;
State Gov site, total, includes breakdowns by sex, age, race and ethnicity - today's archive.
*Here defined as the City of Detroit, and Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties, minus state and federal prisoners, who are not counted towards any county's cases, but are kept in categories of their own.
** As of 2018.
*** 19, 43, and 31 statewide deaths, respectively, were added on these days upon State review. Presumably most were in Detroit, but I don't know exactly how many.

One Ann Arbor man allegedly killed by his roommate in a Corona-related dispute (archive). The suspect has been released from custody while the investigation continues (archive).
One Flint security guard allegedly murdered for telling a woman that her daughter needed to wear a mask in a dollar store. Multiple suspects are in custody (archive, A&N thread).

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Changed commissary day from Saturday to first thing Friday morning. Got there just after 8:30. Place was open, not many people there. Plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, and water. Good supply of beef and chicken, some pork. Very few thin/empty shelves now. Got some nice cherries again this week. Price still the same. Bought some more stuff for the reserve. Getting something every week now. And my usual bagger was there. All good.

Added: Got four 12-packs of soda. Being a holiday weekend, all soda is $2.50 a 12-pack. Usually $3-$4.

I wouldn't go to Baltimore, either, but the President should go wherever he pleases. He's doing the nation's work. The "mayor" can go eat shit.

Last edited:
Tags
None