Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do you guys feel about people around you calling social distancing the new normal since they say it'll last even after this is all over?
They're full of shit. Some have never practiced social distancing at all. Most people will just want to forget the whole thing as soon as they can. You'll have a few who will practice social distancing, but they'll be looked at strangely.

named

kiwifarms.net
this is old but my state's non drivers license costs $10. ive asked local vocal agitators why they wont start a fund to pay for the poors' ids. never get an answer.
It reminds many organizers of a poll tax. The 24th amendment would then prohibit it. You can probably work around it by making it free if the charge is negligible anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Behavioral Sink

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
If you own a business, you won’t be able to serve as many customers as before, in manufacturing, this will increase your footprint. All of these are direct costs that deteriorate your competitiveness. You can see it now. Imagine a restaurant that can only accommodate half or a quarter of their customers or factories that don’t have the space for their people to work and maintains the homo distance. Yes, the impact will be large.
Here in NY, we have watched in abject horror as NYC has done what they do in literally every scenario - and by that I mean put policy in action without any care whatsoever for the rest of the state, as per tradition. The thing is, their pattern of doing this has finally come home to roost, and because of it, NYC is dying, and it's entirely Cuomo and DeBlasio's fault.

The progressives are fleeing NYC in droves, and in true slacktivist fashion, taking their money with them. Over 80% of Vornado's retail tenants failed to pay rent for both April and May. Over 40% of its office tenants likewise skipped rent. Massive price drops have happened in the apartment market and no one's biting because there's no clue as to when NYC will reopen and NYC has basically taken in zero tax revenue for months. Landlords can't legally evict tenants at this time, but they can't show off any of their properties until Phase 2 of the opening happens and Cuomo has given no indication of when the fuck that's happening. The biggest city in NY is teetering towards bankruptcy, and no one gives a damn because they did it to themselves.

The results of this are going to be riotously entertaining in november.
Cuomo/De Blasio really fucked up and people aren't going to forget, no way. Small businesses/restaurants are dead or dying and its entirely their fault. Not to mention the hundreds dead in nursing homes.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cuomo/De Blasio really fucked up and people aren't going to forget, no way. Small businesses/restaurants are dead or dying and its entirely their fault. Not to mention the hundreds dead in nursing homes.
I found out how my mom got the 'Rona, by the way, or at least how it was explained to me by my uncle.

See, mom was in an assisted living facility, one all the way out on the east end of Long Island, well outside the quarantine zone, and generally well-protected from the virus. She never should have gotten it, nor should anyone in that facility, save for one small issue: Some fucking savant in NYC decided that the best idea ever was to ship seniors from facilities in NYC to outlying areas. One of those areas was none other than the facility my mom was at, where it infected everyone quicker than Nurgle's fetid cock.

Thankfully, the variant that spread through the facility was mild, and to the best of my knowledge, nobody died from it, but the fact remains that the main reason my mom and everyone else she lives with got the damned Wu Flu is because of the Cuomo and Deblasio administrations.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't have any reason to doubt Cuomo is a fucking re_tard but do you have a link to any these rules?
Most of them have been reported back in the thread. There was a good video of a distraught visiting/volunteer nurse going through them. The best examples is the rules deBlasio attempted to dump on FDNY/EMS saying CPR will NOT be performed nor will advanced Life Support revival attempts past 2-3 shocks. The FDNY Union and Chief's basically told those writing the rules to fuck off. And that they would continue to use their well vetted and established protocols.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's thousands dead in the NY Nursing Homes. Report is Cuomo forced 1200+ known infected patients into New York Nursing Homes. The current Death toll from that is right around 6000 that they will admit to. In truth it's probably double. As Nursing Home Deaths are ones that NYS seems to be trying to minimize the reporting all of a sudden.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
Good, people always had cooties before the China virus circus, I'll get fewer colds and whatnot.

Also its the end of "aww let me give you a hug" touchy feely nonsense. Don't put your hands on me random stranger.
Hahahaha. No. You should've seen how quickly people over here have gone back to saying hi with a hug. Like. Literally as fast as they were let out of exercice it was hug and fucking double kiss on the cheek day for the whole damned province. People won't give a shit. That's just how it is. Only ones talking about that being the new normal are the super dense city folk who were already panicky and avoiding hugs before. And as our migrant wave from madrid has proven. They will have to get used to it or go back to madrid. 'Cause this sure as shit ain't gonna be stopped. It ain't just hippies. People have allways done it in the past. They'll always do it. Personay I don't like it that much, as I mentioned in the past I'm the kinda guy that carries hand sanitizer on principle and is very much aware about how many germs this spreads. But if it wasn't stopped by the spanish flu it won't be stopped by Ol' Rona.

Outside China

5,125,185 confirmed / 333,483 dead / 1,977,175 recovered

5017904 / 328262 / 1869429 yesterday

USA

1,600,723 confirmed / 95,972 dead / 350,135 Recovered JohnHopkins
1,600,135 confirmed / 95,991 dead / 403,201 recovered Infection2020

1577140 / 94702 / 298418 yesterday JohnHopkins
1588585 / 95425 / 382183 yesterday Infection2020

Spain

234,824 confirmed / 28,628 dead / 150,376 recovered

233037 / 27940 / 150376 yesterday

Italy

228,658 confirmed / 32,616 dead / 136,720 recovered

228006 / 32486 / 134560 yesterday

France

182,015 confirmed / 28,218 dead / 63,986 recovered

181951 / 28218 / 63976 yesterday

Germany

179,710 confirmed / 8,228 dead / 159,064 recovered

179021 / 8203 / 158087 yesterday
In case you're wondering about Spain's jump. It ain't a jump. Only 54 of those are new. The rest are because Catalonia once more got caught hiding shit as they always do and were told to fucking update again.

As I told you before. They fucking always do this, every fucking year without fail. Only diference is for once ISCIII now has the chance to tell gov to smack them for the nonesense and set shit straing. And by god, they're taking that chance.

and 3 others

kiwifarms.net
Don't underestimate the power of blind party loyalty. Most of them are probably going to conclude that Cuomo and De Blasio did the best they could and that the pandemic wouldn't have been a problem in the first place if not for Drumpf.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Most of them have been reported back in the thread. There was a good video of a distraught visiting/volunteer nurse going through them. The best examples is the rules deBlasio attempted to dump on FDNY/EMS saying CPR will NOT be performed nor will advanced Life Support revival attempts past 2-3 shocks. The FDNY Union and Chief's basically told those writing the rules to fuck off. And that they would continue to use their well vetted and established protocols.
So the rules the FDNY/EMTs pushed back on were applied in hospitals? Good Lord.
Don't underestimate the power of blind party loyalty. Most of them are probably going to conclude that Cuomo and De Blasio did the best they could and that the pandemic wouldn't have been a problem in the first place if not for Drumpf.
People already hated those two. The problem is the opposition is worse. Just look at Andrea Catsimatidis, who runs the GOP in NYC.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Anti-Tr*p Activist Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How Sweden wasted a ‘rare opportunity’ to study coronavirus in schools

There’s nearly universal agreement that widespread, long-lasting school closures harm children. Not only do children fall behind in learning, but isolation harms their mental health and leaves some vulnerable to abuse and neglect. But during this pandemic, does that harm outweigh the risk—to children, school staff, families, and the community at large—of keeping schools open and giving the coronavirus more chances to spread?

The one country that could have definitively answered that question has apparently failed to collect any data. Bucking a global trend, Sweden has kept primary school schools through ninth grade open since COVID-19 emerged, without any major adjustments to class size, lunch policies, or recess rules. That made the country a perfect natural experiment about schools’ role in viral spread that many others could have learned from as they reopen schools or ponder when to do so. Yet Swedish officials have not tracked infections among school children—even when large outbreaks led to the closure of individual schools or staff members died of the disease.

“It’s really frustrating that we haven’t been able to answer some relatively basic questions on transmission and the role of different interventions,” says Carina King, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the Karolinska Institute (KI), Sweden’s flagship medical research center. King says she and several colleagues have developed a protocol to study school outbreaks, “but the lack of funding, time, and previous experience of conducting this sort of research in Sweden has hampered our progress.”

“We are trying to mobilize, but realistically with the school year ending in a few weeks, it seems unlikely we will be able to get what we want up and running,” says King, who adds that her queries to public health authorities about other efforts have come up empty. “There is some data collection happening in children, but it’s not focused around schools or, as far as I know, will not answer questions around transmission.”

Because children rarely suffer severe symptoms of COVID-19, pediatricians in several countries have called for schools to reopen. But a key question remains: Because people with mild symptoms can be extremely infectious and frequently spark large clusters of infections, could schools also be a source of COVID-19 outbreaks, possibly driven by children who feel fine but can pass the virus to each other, their teachers, and their families?

Health officials and researchers around the world are scrambling to answer that question. Key to that effort is tracing whether infected children spread the virus to people they’ve been in contact with. “I’m concerned that there may be a rush to judgment that asymptomatic school children aren’t spreading COVID-19 to adults,” says Anita Cicero, an expert in pandemic response policy at Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health. “In Sweden, they have had a rare opportunity to understand [school] transmission chains better. But you can’t find what you don’t look for. The U.S. and other countries with closed schools would certainly benefit from that research.”

Emma Frans, a clinical epidemiologist at KI who also writes a regular newspaper column on science and health, says Sweden’s overall goal during the pandemic has not been to eliminate transmission completely, but to prevent the health system from becoming overburdened and to protect the elderly. (It has succeeded at the former but not the latter: Sweden has suffered very high mortality among nursing home residents.) Regarding schools, Frans says, “Most people in Sweden are quite happy with [them] being open.” She acknowledges the lack of data is a missed opportunity. With Sweden’s centralized health system and extensive records, “it would have been possible” to track cases fairly easily had there been more testing.

But KI pediatrician and clinical epidemiologist Jonas Ludvigsson, who has published two review articles about COVID-19 in children, thinks tracing infected people’s contacts is of little use at this point in the epidemic. “The virus is so widespread in society that responsible people do not think it is a good idea to trace individuals. We only test symptomatic individuals. I agree with that,” he wrote in response to Science asking whether researchers were tracking school outbreaks.

Ludvigsson added that Swedish privacy laws allow health care personnel and school officials to notify parents and school staff about an infection only “if a person’s life is at risk.” Because severe complications from the new coronavirus are so rare in children, that does not apply to cases of COVID-19, he says. “Consider if your own child … had COVID-19,” he wrote. “None of the kids will want to play with a child who has COVID-19, even if most kids will have no symptoms or only ‘some fever and a cough.’”

In a review paper published 19 May in Acta Paediatrica, Ludvigsson concluded that children are “unlikely to be the main drivers” of COVID-19 spread. He cited case studies from France and Australia but wrote that, “So far there have been no reports of COVID-19 outbreaks in Swedish schools,” citing “personal communication” from Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist, on 12 May. “This supports the argument that asymptomatic children attending schools are unlikely to spread the disease,” Ludvigsson wrote.

However, a scan of Swedish newspapers makes clear that school outbreaks have occurred. In the town of Skellefteå, a teacher died and 18 of 76 staff tested positive at a school with about 500 students in preschool through ninth grade. The school closed for 2 weeks because so many staff were sick, but students were not tested for the virus. In Uppsala, staff protested when school officials, citing patient privacy rules, declined to notify families or staff that a teacher had tested positive. No contact tracing was done at the school. At least two staff members at other schools have died, but those schools remained open and no one attempted to trace the spread of the disease there. When asked about these cases, Ludvigsson said he was unaware of them. He did not respond to a query about whether he would amend the review article to include them.

An indirect clue about schools’ role in spread might come from antibody studies. On 19 May, the Swedish Public Health Agency announced preliminary results from antibody surveys of 1100 people from nine regions. They reported that antibody prevalence in children and teenagers was 4.7%, compared with 6.7% in adults age 20 to 64 and 2.7% in 65- to 70-year-olds. The relatively high rate in children suggests there may have been significant spread in schools. The agency did not provide more specific data to distinguish between younger children and those in high schools and universities, which have switched to remote teaching.

The missed opportunity in Sweden is a wake-up call, King says: “We need ready-to-implement protocols for basic epidemiology during these situations.” Studies now underway in other European countries may soon provide more clues. And Cicero and colleagues issued a call last week to “fill in the blanks” in the understanding of U.S. schools’ role in the pandemic. “We need a national mandate to prioritize and quickly fund research to answer these scientific questions,” they wrote. “As schools reopen, [computer] models are not sufficient to determine the actual risk to school-aged children and the teachers and caregivers in their lives.”

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Party loyalty, a political machine as corrupt as an African aid organization, and the desire for endless gibs. Nothing short of apocalypse is getting these rats out of the system.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
Welp. Time for another political rant. And how, unlike Sanchez pulls off something I doubt he even can pull off ever, spain's gonna do a Boog much faster than the USA. And the third spanish republic will be coming out of it.

So, as you know, the spanish right wing is absolutely buttfuck insane. And the journalists love to fucking pander to them, the right wing to push their message and the left to push fearmonger. And A3Media because they're globalist fucks so they do both depending on what they prefer that day. Either way. Now what we're seing their new message be, is that as this article says:
They are now claiming that the government should surrender all their power to their right wing as they have lost the control of the streets of spain. Why? Well because as they say, "tens of people" yes, that's right, tens. AS IN LESS THAN A HUNDRED BEING GENEROUS. Are protesting. Meanwhile they also claim that the White Tides pulling "only" 7.250 (at least as that is just the confirmed number) not in the whole country but only in the capitals of a few andalusian provinces, was a sign that the left is too weak and has lost its power. As seen:
Now. I may not be a math expert. But 7000>100, I think we can all agree in that.
Thankfuly most leftists have answered by reposting this:

But goodwill is starting to run dry. Meanwhile we have scenes like these:
where the bald guy in red, right wing, picks a fight with and initiates violence against the left wing counter protestors, and then they respond, and the right wing calls this extremist left wing terrorism. Now, for the record, I think the second the guy started running the counter protestors should've left it at that and not follow him and keep the fight. But by the looks of the guys you should already know they're much more agressive than I am. And more importantly. THE RIGHT WING ESCALATED INTO PHISICAL VIOLENCE, THEY JUST RESPONDED.

But this is how the right here always acts. They throw the first stone then they label you a terrorist for responding. And the media helps them. Here for instance we see a debate between Monedero (left) and Cifuentes (right) where first the presentor just kept trying to push the message of "pacting with bildu=terrorism, no pact should ever be made with them ever or you're a murderer", even when the government was forced into that pact by the parties letting them no other option (again, personally I think they should've just not pacted and pulled the fucking pin on the grenade to see how the oposition reacted to having no lockdown, but that was the only alternative and it's obvious the gov thought it was a bad idea. Honestly I hope they just drop lockdown next vote already and end this charade.) And then when they go to the interviews, Cifuentes immediately acuses Bildu of being "the inheritors of ETA" and therefore terrorists, and then as Monedero rightfuly points out "that'd made the PP the inheritors of Franco" (which they are, they were literally founded by Fraga, Franco's minister, with the purpose of bringing back fascism, that was their stated goal) the presentor intervenes cutting him off, censoring him and ending the interview:

Meanwhile, the only reason the Tides stopped the protests against the right wing and EU globalist bullshit is because we made a deal to stop during the fucking pandemic to avoid outbreaks. And even then the right wing is now trying to sue the Tides and get them incarcerated for the 8M feminist protests claiming, yet again, muh terrorism:

I think you can see where this is fucking going. The message being sent is loud and clear: you will be silenced, you will be chained, you will be murdered, and we will label you a commie and a terrorist. You are not people. We control the message. And we WILL abuse that power. We won the civil war. That means we get to decide how the country works, period. Democracy is a farce. No one cares what the majority thinks, only what WE think. No one will ever help you. You are slaves.

This is a very dangerous fucking message to send I'd say. And it doesn't end there. And PSOE once again breaks their word when the PP pulls their signature move: ask momma merkel to lobby for them. https://www.eleconomista.es/economi...r-las-reformas-aleja-las-ayudas-de-la-UE.html And somehow Sanchez fucking falls for it despite how ridiculous threatening not helping us is when we all know they won't help either way! Meanwhile the right wing's new fucking protest tool is to all go in cars honking up and down the road in circles to appear as if they're more than they actually are, because in lieu of real numbers they'd rather just be absolutely fucking insuferable. And what do they demand? Well let's go back to the first link: https://www.eleconomista.es/economi...de-las-calles-con-cada-vez-mas-protestas.html

They claim that the "scientific commitee" is "nonexistant", and that the experts are all with them... Despite the fact that both ayuso and the andalusian Junta have had to fire their experts multiple times because even right wing experts are agaisnt them, and despite the fact that ISCIII has been consistently at the forehead of this fucking pandemic and is made out of spain's top fucking experts. Again, I do agree the government should listen to experts more, I said it in the past a hundred times, but let's not act as if the right wing has any on their side here in spain. Fuck even ayuso now says she won't ask for another deescalation for the next 2 weeks when even that bitch got why madrid is already deescalating as fast as it can you'd think they would get the memmo! But more importantly. Their solution? Just blanket fire the entirety of ISCIII and every other organization that disagrees with them and substitute them for a "technocratic comittee". And what will this "technocratic" comittee have?
-Marcos de Quinto: a MARKETING SPECIALIST from Coke fucking Cola with a bloody BUSINESS DEGREE! A fucking business degree! What is historically THE degree rich parents use to claim their kids have higher education!
-Amancio Ortega: the catalonian businessman that got rich by making a deal with the chinese and flooding the market with products with abhorrently low standards at ridiculously cheap prices to push out the competition.
And not a single fucking graduate in any biological field of course. Because this is what the spanish right wing does whenever it claims "technocracy", nothing but unbridled nepotism and cronyism. This is what they ALWAYS do.

And meanwhile Los Pascuales keeps getting fatter by stealing from the state. And meanwhile hundreds of thousands of spaniards in andalucia die every month from preventable diseases because our hospitals are cut to hell and back. And meanwhile the unions keep having to fight cases of corruption every fucking second of every day even amongst themselves as the globalist's tendrils come back time and time again. And meanwhile our elections keep finding suspicious bags full of PP votes that no one knows where they came from. https://www.elplural.com/autonomias...e-del-partido-y-casa-de-un-candidato_30658102

Honestly. The general population mood isn't plumetting as fast as mine. But that's because they don't know how the union's situation is starting to get. Because we have been bound and silenced by the juntas and UGT using the alarm state as an excuse. But unless Sanchez pulls a fucking miracle, this is going to explode, I keep warning you lot, it will degenerate into violence at this pace.

[EDIT] Meanwhile BTW the right wing keeps decomposing https://www.elplural.com/politica/vox-murcia-descompone-suspendidos-militancia-diputados_240212102 because this is an extreme minority and they are fucking eating each other for a bit of their waning political power, and is resorting to literally making deals with paramilitary groups that want to start the second civil war https://www.elplural.com/politica/a...ociedad-paramilitar-derramar-sangre_240174102 but hey, details. So long as they can keep the media focused on their noise they won't have to face their absolute collapse until the elections in 2023! Fucking cunts.[/EDIT]

If you remember on the early days of the thread I was surprised that the pandemic got us to stick together. It's because this is not really weird for spain. This message has been sent numerous times in the past. But it seemed this time it was fine. And it was. And actually most people are still happier than before the pandemic. The support groups have gotten everyone united. Local produce is being favored extremely, the economical model is restructuring for the better, everyone's getting more exercice in, the economy's spiking right back up against all odds and despite the CEOE's best efforts to tank it. And the right wing protests only affect very small areas (because they can't spread too much with less than 100 people fucking total for the whole country), and even on those areas most just laugh it off. And as I mentioned before, most have long since stopped caring about the media.

But. This is degenerating. The unions, the anti-corruption mechanisms, the scientists and many other groups are starting to notice the push, and are starting to notice Sanchez talks a lot but he sure doesn't say much. So how can we expect him to keep this shit together? I really hope I'm wrong. But. I don't think I am. The right wing tried their luck repeatedly lately. The Tides are waiting for lockdown to drop because they are being cooperative and don't want to cause a spike, and because they'd rather not push the message while we're still trying to get back on our feet. But they're gritting their teeth a lot and the right wing has been dancing and strutting their new found power born from their abject insanity and refusal to let things like an economic crash deter their message. Right now here in cadiz a caraban of less than 20 cars is going around the entire town honking just to lower the morale of the general population. They've been going around for over 3 hours now, every few minutes you hear them come back. No message other than "we don't like that we're not in power", no real numbers, no real pull, nothing. Just auditory pollutionwith the sole purpose of making things worse. Which of course has started to panick all the birds that nested here, so let's see the ecological impact of this shit, I bet it won't be small. And I just noticed them intentionally getting in front of an ambulance and chase it around for a while just to make it harder for the professionals to do their job. WHICH IS SAVING FUCKING LIVES. I don't know, the general news in hospital, economy, social life, rebuilding, EVERYTHING are all great news. So I hope people can find a way to grit it out until we're mostly safe and cooperate on small biz regeneration as it keeps escalating. But I really can't see what kinda miracle would push this down at this point. I only see this getting worse.

Last edited:

ATaxingWoman

Professional Anti-Tr*p Activist Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
http://archive.md/FP4LA The Swedish minister of health says she was "naive" when she promised 100 000 corona tests per week. (Note: Google Translate translated the word "huggsexa" incorrectly – it roughly means "free for all" and not chopping sex – but I'm keeping the title because it's funny).
Hallengren: Naively thought it would be chopping sex

Lena Hallengren (S) admits that she has been "naive" when she promised that 100,000 coronavirus tests could be performed this week.
The Minister of Social Affairs expresses surprise that Sweden's regions have had a hard time ensuring that there is opportunity to carry out sampling.
"We have to test a lot more than we do," she says in the Ekots Saturday interview.

Despite promises that 100,000 people a week should be tested for covid-19, the figure now stands at less than a third.
Social Minister Lena Hallengren defends the government's promise, saying that the problem lies with Sweden's regions.
In Ekot's Saturday interview, she says that the capacity is available to analyze 100,000 tests, but that the regions do not carry enough samples.
- I probably thought, perhaps a little naively, that when these 100,000 in the analysis capacity were presented nationally and the state said that they would be responsible for the cost, then I thought it would be a bit more crazy to get their share of these tests , she says and continues:
- Rather than finding it so difficult in the regions to build the sampling capacity on the ground.
Still far from the goal
Lena Hallengren says that the goal of extended coronavirus testing remains.
"My belief is that we have to test a lot more than we do," she says.
However, it is still a long way off: just under 32,700 people were tested in Sweden last week, and 29,000 people were tested the week before.
Neighboring Denmark simultaneously tested 67,000 people last week.
In SVT's "Weekend study" Jan Albert, professor of infection prevention at the Karolinska Institute, says that it would be possible to test more, but that there is no test material.
- We could do a lot more if we only got awards from the companies that distribute tests to a sufficient extent, but we don't get that, he tells SVT.
"Limited test opportunity"
The emergency physician Katrin Hruska also participates in SVT's "Weekend Studio". She says she would like to test more.
- We do not all test because there is limited test opportunity and then you have to follow the guidelines for the business you work in, she tells SVT.
She continues:
- I would really appreciate the opportunity to test more, because many people are planning their lives after this. They may be living with elderly parents. If they dare to be home now or do you have to move the whole family. How to think about this?
Katrin Hruska also seeks a clearer picture of what the testing system looks like at the present time. This applies in part to the availability, but also how the tests should be distributed over time.
Today, it is difficult to know what safety margins are available for the tests, she says.
"No prestige in being different"
Lena Hallengren opposes accusations that Sweden's strategy has only been about protecting healthcare.
- We have had a strategy that has been about minimizing social contacts, increasing social distance, that is why people work from home and distance, that is why we have all these rules, she says in Ekot's Saturday interview.
The Minister of Social Affairs says that other countries' shutdowns do not have to make such big differences to how Sweden has done.
- We shut down a lot of what was our everyday life, she says.
- Sweden has stayed at least as well as Denmark and Norway when it comes to limiting its travel. We have only used other methods to reduce our mobility.
She later adds that Sweden and the government have not consciously "chosen a path" that differs from other countries.
- There is no prestige in doing otherwise, says the Minister of Social Affairs.
Hm, this sounds familiar ...
lkjlkj.png
Classic from 2015 said:
Prime minister Stefan Löfven considers that Sweden has been naive about [ISIS] terrorism

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
http://archive.md/FP4LA The Swedish minister of health says she was "naive" when she promised 100 000 corona tests per week. (Note: Google Translate translated the word "huggsexa" incorrectly – it roughly means "free for all" and not chopping sex – but I'm keeping the title because it's funny).Hm, this sounds familiar ...
View attachment 1314556
Honestly. With how many times Sweeden has have to learn the hard way that they're being too naive you'd think they'd be as jaded as we spaniards are to our parliamentary circus. Well, if anything, I admire your optimism.

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
Re: food shortages, I got a new position at work and I now do the produce and meat order and I've noticed a few things never come in lately even when I order them. I have no idea if it's Wu flu related but things we've been short on are:

-pork/bacon-this is the #1 thing we're super short on
-chicken-we get a little, but not nearly enough for customer demand
-mangos
-pineapples
-melons
-bananas
-blueberries
-cherries
-all frozen meat/fruit/veg

Shortages on certain produce just happen from time to time so I can't say for sure it has anything to do with the pandemic, but now that I have been the one doing the order I can see for sure that it's a matter of things just not coming in rather than them just selling out quickly.

So far there hasn't been much of a beef shortage from what I can tell. I wouldn't say we're short on melk, but I did notice we're not getting quite as much as usual. Plain old cream and half and half have been short though.

Cure Milquetoast

ௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌ
kiwifarms.net
PG&E has been giving discounts on Electric/Gas bills due to Coronavirus for the past two months, which has resulted in my bill being around -$45 dollars for the past two billing periods. I certainly don't mind free electricity and gas, but I don't know how sustainable it is for PG&E.

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
Re: food shortages, I got a new position at work and I now do the produce and meat order and I've noticed a few things never come in lately even when I order them. I have no idea if it's Wu flu related but things we've been short on are:

-mangos
-pineapples
-melons
-bananas
-blueberries
-cherries

Shortages on certain produce just happen from time to time so I can't say for sure it has anything to do with the pandemic, but now that I have been the one doing the order I can see for sure that it's a matter of things just not coming in rather than them just selling out quickly.

So far there hasn't been much of a beef shortage from what I can tell. I wouldn't say we're short on melk, but I did notice we're not getting quite as much as usual. Plain old cream and half and half have been short though.
Most of those fruits listed grow in warm weather areas. If shipping is shut down/delayed, the produce won't survive being stored. That could cause problems in the supply line.

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
It's thousands dead in the NY Nursing Homes. Report is Cuomo forced 1200+ known infected patients into New York Nursing Homes. The current Death toll from that is right around 6000 that they will admit to. In truth it's probably double. As Nursing Home Deaths are ones that NYS seems to be trying to minimize the reporting all of a sudden.
That's so freaking frustrating. They will bend over backwards to fucking link any death in kids to COVID but now wanna cover up nursing home deaths?
Fucking rat bastards.

Also checking out this totally organic headline! Not trying to fear-monger for an agenda at all!

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net

-mangos
-pineapples
-melons
-bananas
-blueberries
-cherries

I think some of those might be more region-specific; we're having no trouble with bananas, berries and chicken, but they're shorting us hard on beef. Frozen meat is mostly okay, but fruits and veggies are hit-or-miss. We're doing fine on most dairy staples, outside of butter, but some more specialty items are having supply issues.

Pork seems to be a pretty widespread issue, from what I hear. Our prices on most pork products went up a lot in the last week (like 50%), and we still don't have enough.

Tags
None