Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Rudy Russo

Thats just yellow primer
kiwifarms.net
Outside China

6,511,225 confirmed / 384,982 dead / 2,773,949 recovered

6294078 / 375612 / 2650127 two days ago

USA

1,872,528 confirmed / 108,208 dead / 485,002 recovered John Hopkins
1,875558 confirmed / 108,444 dead / 712,252 recovered Infection2020

1831821 / 106180 / 463868 two days ago JohnHopkins
1835147 / 106418 / 645974 two days ago Infection2020

Spain

240,660 confirmed / 27,133 dead / 150,376 recovered

239932 / 27127 / 150376 two days ago

Italy

234,013 confirmed / 33,689 dead / 161,895 recovered

233515 / 33530 /160092 two days ago

France

189,569 confirmed / 29,068 dead / 70,094 recovered

188450 / 28943 / 68930 two days ago

Germany

184,472 confirmed / 8,635 dead / 16,7909 recovered

183879 / 8563 / 166609 two days ago

Garm

kiwifarms.net
That was likely me. Have stated the stats several times in different places. Funny, nobody tells me I am wrong.

Here are some Reason articles.

Read this story, you might start wishing for aliens from space to take over,

Jesus H. I wonder if it was like this in communist countries. The paranoia that you would say the wrong thing because you didn't know something had changed. The idea you needed to keep to yourself because you didn't know if someone would freak out at you.

The feeling that you are alienated from your fellow man because the world went mad.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this was already brought up:

Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company
To be more specific, they changed the Hydroxychloroquine policy, claiming that it was dangerous to heart health based on supposed AI-trawled data from the internal database of a tiny shell corporation that won't publicly release its data and doesn't really seem to have any other publications based on this database, which has a washed-up doctor named in multiple malpractice suits as its founder and principal investigator and a camwhore for a sales rep.

1591227132893.png

1591245247602.jpg

The ride never fucking ends.

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this was already brought up:

Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company
This is mentioned at the start of the latest Dr. Campbell video. The study which I mentioned here as 'very bad news for hydroxychloroquine' and which stopped the hydroxychloroquine trials has been retracted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Xh9p7Q6Xs
https://archive.vn/wip/ceiDM

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-halted-hydroxychloroquine-trials#maincontent
https://archive.vn/o2XQs

The Lancet paper that halted global trials of hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19 because of fears of increased deaths has been retracted after a Guardian investigation found inconsistencies in the data.

The lead author, Prof Mandeep Mehra, from the Brigham and Women’s hospital in Boston, Massachusetts decided to ask the Lancet for the retraction because he could no longer vouch for the data’s accuracy.

The journal’s editor, Richard Horton, said he was appalled by developments. “This is a shocking example of research misconduct in the middle of a global health emergency,” he told the Guardian.
Lancet retraction

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31290-3/fulltext
https://archive.vn/hb6q2

Gee, it's almost like relying on one study to decide to cancel other studies is dumb or something. Who'd have thought it?

And of course, the left seems to have forgotten about the lockdown because BLM riots take precedence. What a shitshow.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
So spain circus time. Really actually depressing spain circus time. You remember how I mentioned the rumors than certain madrid hospitals had a guvernmental order to just cull the fucking residence patients. And remember how I immediately corrected myself as a group of madrid doctors blamed themselves for this rumor and claimed it was a gayop to keep spain sending them material?

Yeah today we got solid proof from a judicial case opened against ayuso that it was NOT a gayop and that indeed Ayuso despite not NEEDING triage did impose mandation for it on the hospitals that didn't just straight up told her to fuck off. And indeed we have many avoidable deaths caused by Ayuso's unnecessary triage.

It seems the so called madrid cabal wasn't actually spreading rumors, but instead were a group of doctors that decided to blame themselves and hide the truth at least until the eventual court case because they thought if the people of madrid knew the truth they'd do a fucking Boog, which taking into account how those news were recieved over here, they were bloody right.

Ayuso's government group is utterly collapsing as she has refused to comment saying "today I'm only talking about employment" as only answer while her prior support of Ciudadanos basically openly riots and her own PP affiliates actually start leaving their posts and quitting as a result. The level of fucked up this news are simply cannot be measured. Hundreds of madrid citizens have just been told their grandparents died horrible fucking deaths being left to rot on a corner with no help or even pain treatment whatsoever as hospitals refused to let them in, not for any crisis or collapse but simply because Ayuso, for no fucking reason, told them to. Meanwhile Ayuso privatizes chunks of their healthcare further, has corruption cases open for stealing millions, has been proven to deliberately underfunding residences and trying to abuse them for profit, and hasn't even been able to fucking feed their god damned kids. And far from showing sorrow and attempting to get better she shows nothing but vile and arrogance. I can imagine how many of them have had some serious thoughts cross their mind and I wonder how long will it take before one of them does something about them. So @Ravelord, I guess this is my correction to my answer to your fear of madrid boog in the riot thread... This is definitely unprecedented now. Holy mother of fuck.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
So, monday 58% of spain including all of andalusia will go to phase 3. Meaning lockdown basically isn't evdn a thing at that point. And spike is basically nonexistant. So. Seems spain is fixed. Southern emisphere going to shit though, but spain pretty much done. Fernando has already warned the only real question now are the imported cases. So they'll get ready for that but deescalation is now an absolute certain.

On the political side it seems Ciudadanos is calling for a "political truce of 6 months for reformation", and the PPs' medical experts have thankfuly remained neutral and taken Fernando Simon's side on the 8M bullshit. So if the PP knows their shit, which they don't but if they magically get fucking bitchslapped by the fairy godmother of anti-retardation and suddently stop sucking, we might just avoid bouts of violence. Let me tell you, having checked with the unions, the white tides are really, REALLY not fucking happy, but like they did during confinement they can accept a truce if their trust isn't abused. And as for random people with dark thoughts... I'm surprised no one has murdered anyone from the Pascual clan yet so who knows we might just control them for literally no reason other than luck and a ludicrously unbelievable display of goodwill by the general public.

I don't know. It doesn't quite seem like shit's going 2012 levels of violence just yet. But it really depends on wether the PP stops being stupid for a fucking second. And VOX is HAPPILY launching liters of fuel into the fire every chance they get. Thankfully they also spend most of their time being angry at internet memes and reeing pointlessly and impotently so I think people can tune out Vox's reeing. I am glad the PSOE has finally grown some balls since they started defending Fernando. About damned time. And the autonomous rights seem to be sensible enough so far, in fact the autonomous independist lefts seem to be the most retarded regional entities right now (outside of ayuso and the junta de andalucia of course. Seriously I am sorely disapointed on the andalusian junta. I had really high fucking hopes, and boy did they manage to somehow be even worse than susana fucking diez. AND OH GOD WAS SUSANA DIEZ SHIT.). So we'll see. Man I really hope by next ellection we see a right wing party which isn't utter shit arise from the ashes of this fucking mess. *sigh* we'll see. Honestly at least from Cadiz outside of the possible violence arising from Los Pascuales morale is generally fairly high as restarting is going well. And Madrid outside of the healthcare workers and families of the victims of Ayuso seems also to be focusing on rebuilding. If Ciudadanos manages to pull off their truce people might just focus on getting shit done. I really hope they do. You know from my posts I never liked those two faced bastards, but, this time they are right.

PepsiVanilla

kiwifarms.net
Dr. Jennifer Nuzzo, Director of Outbreak Observatory, also testified at a recent Congressional hearing that travel bans have limited efficacy, especially for an epidemic the size of COVID-19. The Lancet article above also cites delays to supply shipments and international response activities as consequences of travel restrictions.
And fast forward to this week, from the same moonbat "doctor":

nuzzo.jpg

CDWLTY

kiwifarms.net
In case people are wondering about how to feel, I'd still do the normal stuff to avoid catching it. The kind of stuff a smart person does already-wash hands, disinfect handles and steering wheels sometimes, don't suck in people's breath when they're in your face, and wear a mask if you're in super close with no airflow.

There are too many nurses that went from healthy, workout buffs to dead within four weeks to expect to be able to shake it off in a few days. it's not a death sentence, but it's not worth the hassle unless you're somehow paid for it.

CeleryStalks

Colorful flowers, too.
kiwifarms.net
Michigan, USA

After Saturday, I'll probably be dropping the death tolls to once a week, unless circumstances warrant otherwise. The state has begun counting probable deaths. Today and tomorrow I will only include confirmed ones.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D) marched at a protest in Detroit, where she conspicuously did not observe social distancing.
(archive)

The Governor responds to criticism of her actions.
(archive)

MICHIGAN RECAP
Most stuff reopened or about to be. Death toll and new cases way down. It's looking like it's all over except the lawsuits.

OFFICIAL DEATH TOLL

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services reviews deaths and adds overlooked cases to the count three days a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (usually). Recovery counts are updated on Saturdays.
13 deaths were added yesterday.

MDHHS said:
Regular reviews of death certificate data maintained in Vital Records reporting systems are conducted by MDHHS staff three times per week. As a part of this process, records that identify COVID-19 infection as a contributing factor to death are compared against all laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS). If a death certificate is matched to a confirmed COVID-19 case and that record in the MDSS does not indicate the individual died, the MDSS record is updated to indicate the death and the appropriate local health department is notified. These matched deaths are then included with mortality information posted to the Michigan Coronavirus website.
Detroit Metro (pop. 3,860,000 total; 1,796/sq. mi.; 694/sq km):*

35,937 confirmed / 4335 dead
35,818 confirmed / 4,326 dead yesterday
(i.e. 9 new deaths, down 16 from this day last week)
Normal Detroit Metro Death Rate: 104 per day.**

Other Michigan (6,120,000; 65/sq. mi.; 25/sq km):

22,588 confirmed / 1,280 dead
22,423 confirmed / 1,269 dead yesterday
(i.e. 11 new deaths, up 2 from this day last week)
Normal not-Detroit Death Rate: 167 per day**

All Michigan (9,990,000; 103/sq. mi.; 40/sq km):

58,525 confirmed / 5,615 dead
58,241 confirmed / 5,595 dead yesterday
(i.e. 20 new deaths, down 14 from this day last week)
Normal Michigan Death Rate: 271 per day.**

Death toll doubled since: April 21.
We were locked down from: March 24 (until April 30? May 21 June 1),
Masks have been mandatory in stores since: April 27 (until April 30?).

Detroit Metro Daily Deaths Last Seven Days:
19*** / 23 / 10 / 13*** /16 / 18*** / 9 = 142***

State Government site, daily - today's archive;
State Gov site, total, includes breakdowns by sex, age, race and ethnicity - archive is useless after redesign.
*Here defined as the City of Detroit, and Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties, minus state and federal prisoners, who are not counted towards any county's cases, but are kept in categories of their own.
** As of 2018.
*** 37, 11, and 13 statewide deaths, respectively, were added on these days upon State review. I don't know how many were in Detroit.
One Ann Arbor man allegedly killed by his roommate in a Corona-related dispute (archive). The suspect has been released from custody while the investigation continues (archive).
One Flint security guard allegedly murdered for telling a woman that her daughter needed to wear a mask in a dollar store. Multiple suspects are in custody (archive, A&N thread).

Tags
None