Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread - Got too big

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
No? We were using it, we don't give a shit what Trump says. After the FDA ended the EUA we stopped. And also it wasn't very effective. Maybe outpatient as a prophylactic (I'm still waiting for the WHIP results) but can you please stop fucking attaching your entire political ideology to this drug.

To be perfectly blunt you come across as more ideologically opposed to it than anyone else comes off as ideologically attached. Far as I'm concerned, the answer to all of this should be a simple "ask your doctor".

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
No? We were using it, we don't give a shit what Trump says. After the FDA ended the EUA we stopped. And also it wasn't very effective. Maybe outpatient as a prophylactic (I'm still waiting for the WHIP results) but can you please stop fucking attaching your entire political ideology to this drug.

I'm not. I am just telling you what I saw happen in real time and that based on the fact, as said, I could totally see situations whereby treatments were not given to people and not just for COVID. The age old joke about us having a cancer cure but treating it makes more money.

Last edited:

More AWS-8Q Than You

It's a zombie mech
kiwifarms.net
To be perfectly blunt you come across as more ideologically opposed to it than anyone else comes off as ideologically attached. Far as I'm concerned, the answer to all of this should be a simple "ask your doctor".

I'll be honest, I think that's the entire reason why people are drawn to it. It's not the Trump says it works, it's that the entire establishment has a near autistic shit fit over HCQ. It goes beyond some "No, it doesn't work," to "We'll ban you from social media for even daring to discuss it or question us on it." I'd understand if HCQ were poorly understood or actually dangerous, but it isn't. My dad took it every day when he was in Africa, and that was half a century ago.

Anyone with a bit of pattern recognition sees the massive overreaction and anyone with any actual knowledge of HCQ knows it's not something that, by itself, is deserving of it. ANd as you should always ask, who benefits?

Driftwood

kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, I think that's the entire reason why people are drawn to it. It's not the Trump says it works, it's that the entire establishment has a near autistic shit fit over HCQ. It goes beyond some "No, it doesn't work," to "We'll ban you from social media for even daring to discuss it or question us on it." I'd understand if HCQ were poorly understood or actually dangerous, but it isn't. My dad took it every day when he was in Africa, and that was half a century ago.

Anyone with a bit of pattern recognition sees the massive overreaction and anyone with any actual knowledge of HCQ knows it's not something that, by itself, is deserving of it. ANd as you should always ask, who benefits?
Massive overreaction...100% describes COVID-19. I am just pissed that the focus is on owning Drumpf and bowing to the idiot left instead of reason.

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net

The hysteria about HCQ really set off alarms for me. The second it was mentioned as a possible treatment, certain people started shrieking NO NO NO THAT'S POISON NO NO NO while totally ignoring the fact that it's been being used for other things for ages. If they had calmly stated that it isn't helpful for Covid-19, I might not have given it a second thought.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine if this "New Normal" never ends and the kids who grow up in it, not knowing of the "old normal" of the world before. They may ask questions like "why aren't people wearing masks in that old photo?", or "why are they standing so close?" - what a hell.

I really hope those who say the "old normal" is "conveniently" coming back after the 2020 election are right. That all this "temporary" - like "temporarily closed" - really is temporary.

Otherwise one could say that 2020 really was one of the worst years ever because of the insane changes this hell forced on us.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
I don't need to wait for children to ask that question. I have already seen adverts for Holidays in Turkey - thanks YouTube - where the child in it is marvelling at all the health robots/checks that parents assure them is to keep them healthy. They mention it is like something out of science fiction. Masks were worn.

We are absolutely being set up to never go back.

Mask wearing is here to stay.

Last edited:

The Great Citracett

Stone Cold Steve Autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dating apps are trying to push the "new normal" as well now:

20200819_070130.jpg

Smug Chuckler

lul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yeah yeah std yeah yeah potential rape accusation yeah yeah unwanted children yeah yeah covid? OHMYFUCKINGGODGETOFFME

Though I disagree with some of what is said

1. RAID SHADOW LEGENDS
2. Climate Control caused ISIS looooooool, ISIS was another proxy army.
3. Spanish Flu also came from China not birds in the American West.

The guy sounds like Destiny if he joined the Liberalists tho, but he didn't seem to answer why the world is going crazy other than yeah modern social media, he mostly talked about modern geopolitics.

Last edited:

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Gilead? I dunno. I don't think remdesivir works either FWIW.

There's not some kind of grand conspiracy between providers to withhold HCQ.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

More AWS-8Q Than You

It's a zombie mech
kiwifarms.net
Gilead? I dunno. I don't think remdesivir works either FWIW.

There's not some kind of grand conspiracy between providers to withhold HCQ.

Remdesivir doesn't seem to do much, I know I heard at least one test group of it shutdown because people were developing kidney problems, but it seems to have quietly dropped off most people's radar.

I don't think the providers are the issue. Sales are sales, but it's not really the providers pushing bans either. When the Pharmaceutical board in Ohio briefly banned HCQ, people looked into the board and found it was mostly made up of lawyers and corporate management types from your big box stores and chains like CVS and Walgreens.

Bean counters, politicians, and worse, MBAs.

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
I don't need to wait for children to ask that question. I have already seen adverts for Holidays in Turkey - thanks YouTube - where the child in i it is marvelling at all the health robots/checks that parents assure them is to keep them healthy. They mention it is like something out of science fiction. Masks were worn.

We are absolutely being set up to never go back.

Mask wearing is here to stay.
Imagine if this "New Normal" never ends and the kids who grow up in it, not knowing of the "old normal" of the world before. They may ask questions like "why aren't people wearing masks in that old photo?", or "why are they standing so close?" - what a hell.

I really hope those who say the "old normal" is "conveniently" coming back after the 2020 election are right. That all this "temporary" - like "temporarily closed" - really is temporary.

Otherwise one could say that 2020 really was one of the worst years ever because of the insane changes this hell forced on us.
But like i said, this can't really last forever. It's just not financially feasible. This is why I've been holding out hope for it to end.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Maybe Sweden did the right thing. Yeah, a bunch more died but at least there was not big ass lockdown that never end.
Yes, and their refusal to shut their economy down might help them weather a potential depression better than others.

And all of you should wait until tax season before writing the "old normal" off entirely, the lack of people working is going to make it a worse year in terms of state revenue. Once governors, state employees, and "experts" see their income take a hit and the possibility of their positions being cut for budget concerns, it might be enough for them to snap out of their authoritarian mindsets and end the "new normal" ASAP, if only to save their own skins.

Homegrown Homophobia

kiwifarms.net
Dating apps are trying to push the "new normal" as well now:

View attachment 1531461

I had Coffeemeetsbagel trying to trial virtual meets on my account. a few months back I was fucking horrified at the thought of that.

Thankfully I've read the other sex feels the same way I do about this malarky, and still place a huge importance on face-to-face dates so maybe more people are against this "new normal" crap as much as we are at the Farms.

Return of the Freaker

Based anime for специальные операции
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And all of you should wait until tax season before writing the "old normal" off entirely, the lack of people working is going to make it a worse year in terms of state revenue. Once governors, state employees, and "experts" see their income take a hit and the possibility of their positions being cut for budget concerns, it might be enough for them to snap out of their authoritarian mindsets and end the "new normal" ASAP, if only to save their own skins.

I certainly hope this shakes them out of it instead of finding some insane way to double down. All this because we need to protect shrivelled up boomers and :gunt:

Status
Not open for further replies.