Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
Tinfoil hat time - I have a feeling from sniffing around here and there that if the public at large stops wearing masks, social distancing, whatever else the powers that be tell us to, then things will get worse. Not that the illness will get worse, but the dictators will get crazier. It's one of the most frustrating things, that it doesn't matter if we don't fear germs, if the places we want to go are closed we can't go there. If the factories that make the stuff we want aren't open then the workers can't get paid and the items won't be on the shelves. What decides if those places open? Rules made up by politicians.

Flu season should be fun.

Evilronald

Could 2020 get any fucking worse?!?
kiwifarms.net
Tinfoil hat time - I have a feeling from sniffing around here and there that if the public at large stops wearing masks, social distancing, whatever else the powers that be tell us to, then things will get worse. Not that the illness will get worse, but the dictators will get crazier. It's one of the most frustrating things, that it doesn't matter if we don't fear germs, if the places we want to go are closed we can't go there. If the factories that make the stuff we want aren't open then the workers can't get paid and the items won't be on the shelves. What decides if those places open? Rules made up by politicians.

Flu season should be fun.
They don’t make movies like this anymore, but this is legit how the people in power see the rest of us. “They outnumber us 100 to 1 and if they ever figure that out, there goes our way of life.”

Xerxes IX

Neko Atsume cat named Sargon of Aclawed next?
kiwifarms.net
I agree with @I can't imagine. Younger individuals seem to prefer text or chat-based interactions where as those in Generation X or older prefer good old fashioned interaction in the form of phone calls or face-to-face encounters. While people in any age group might be OK with -- or accepting of -- limited periods of isolation from others, the truth is people start to be impacted negatively when they can't interact with others for extended periods. Sometimes, the impact is on a subconscious level that they don't even realize it.

Virtual socializing has its benefits and advantages, but it can't entirely meet people's socialization needs.

Someone earlier mentioned Joe Biden. I'm not sure I like the idea of him imposing nationwide restrictions of any form. Different states have different needs when it comes to COVID. What would work in Montana won't work in California, and vice versa. If anything, it would be best to come up with a list of best practices and encourage states to implement them in a way that's most appropriate for them. Also, there's the partisanship factor. Dems that would applaud Biden for his desire to implement national COVID policies would brand Trump a dictator if he were to implement the exact same policies tomorrow.

Between the ongoing restrictions and endless protests, 2020 has been a very frustrating year for normies that simply want to get through life one day at a time without drama.
I was thinking of this today. There's also a difference in the amounts and I guess, quality, of interaction between these age groups. Older people don't talk to their friends or see them all the time, but when they do they often meet face to face and often share a meal or do another social activity together. Younger people are constantly talking to their friends via text/social media, but these constant interactions are less substantial and can be as little as "sharing meme images back and forth".

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a confession to make. I did sperg a lot about COVID from the very start. I got myself banned from multiple forums, and made an ass of myself on here, and so forth. But the honest truth is that I was afraid.

My parents are in their sixties, in a susceptible age group. My coworkers and many of my IRL friends are older folks, too. Based on what I saw happening in Wuhan and the epidemiological reports I was seeing, I thought a couple million people were going to die in the US. I thought I was going to lose a lot of friends and family to this disease.

I am honestly relieved that it turned out to be less severe than I thought.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
You know, its funny.

This whole lockdown had introverts actually standing up for social interaction and saying video calls dont replace for actual meeting face to face.

While most extroverts are comfortably going insane indoors while still defending these abusive measures from the government.

There is some deep existential irony in there...

I have a confession to make. I did sperg a lot about COVID from the very start. I got myself banned from multiple forums, and made an ass of myself on here, and so forth. But the honest truth is that I was afraid.

My parents are in their sixties, in a susceptible age group. My coworkers and many of my IRL friends are older folks, too. Based on what I saw happening in Wuhan and the epidemiological reports I was seeing, I thought a couple million people were going to die in the US. I thought I was going to lose a lot of friends and family to this disease.

1600093355476.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Excuse me for all these edits but I must share this piece of stupidity with you all. This was me responding to one of the reviewers I watch in my spare/bored time (he is nothing great but its a passable time waster). He gave a warning from the get go to put a mask before watching the video. I properly told in the comments my sentiments and one interesting tard responded...Check it out, thats how they work.

idiot.PNG

Real testament to their level of intelligence. What you guys think?

Last edited:

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It's good to see you and @FuckedUp have both calmed down, you're both decent posters in the other threads I've seen you in.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
You know, its funny.

This whole lockdown had introverts actually standing up for social interaction and saying video calls dont replace for actual meeting face to face.

While most extroverts are comfortably going insane indoors while still defending these abusive measures from the government.

View attachment 1595471

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Excuse me for all these edits but I must share this piece of stupidity with you all. This was me responding to one of the reviewers I watch in my spare/bored time (he is nothing great but its a passable time waster). He gave a warning from the get go to put a mask before watching the video. I properly told in the comments my sentiments and one interesting tard responded...Check it out, thats how they work.

View attachment 1595491

I really do want to see their answer to the riot bit but it always seems like their brains hit an exception error when that question is asked.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net

Fear of the unknown is a powerful thing. I don't blame anyone for being afraid in the absence of hard data. I certainly don't blame anyone for continuing to be uncertain the the face of the scientific community's utterly chaotic response as they grapple with their own deep-seated politicization.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
Fear of the unknown is a powerful thing. I don't blame anyone for being afraid in the absence of hard data. I certainly don't blame anyone for continuing to be uncertain the the face of the scientific community's utterly chaotic response as they grapple with their own deep-seated politicization.
Im willing to forgive and forget to those who were all in favor of masks and lockdown but came to actually learn new information, reflect and change their stance. It takes guts to admit when you are wrong (people nowadays prefer to remain in the lie than admit that they were duped) and I can appreciate that. There is no shame in the mistake itself but defending the mistake.

JambledUpWords

RBG wins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Link (Archive)
This Year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Will Be Taped, Go Without Crowds
Published 3 hours ago • Updated 39 mins ago

Further adjusting to the realities of the coronavirus pandemic, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Monday this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will march forward without crowds.

"It will not be the same parade we're used to," de Blasio said. "[Macy's is] reinventing the event for this moment in history. And you will be able to feel the spirit and the joy of that day."

The parade will not be live this year, but its reimagined format will still be available to watch on TV, the mayor said. Macy's said in a statement Monday the parade will keep its signature touchstones: giant helium balloons, floats, performers and, of course, Santa Claus.

Handlers traditionally deployed to carry the giant character balloons along the parade route will be replaced by "an innovative, specially rigged anchor vehicle framework of five specialty vehicles tested and approved by the NYCDOT and NYPD," the statement read. Instead of following the typical 2.5-mile route, the parade elements will be taped in and around Herald Square, Macy's said.

"Following the success of this summer's reimagined Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks show, the Macy's team meticulously reviewed every area of the Thanksgiving Day playbook to put in place enhanced health and safety practices that align with CDC guidelines, as well as local and state government protocols," Macy's statement continued.

The company said this year's television-only spectacle will be recorded over two days with a reduction in participants by nearly 75 percent. The performers involved will stay social distant and must wear appropriate masks or face coverings.

Reductions also hit the high school and college marching bands. Macy's said this year's participants in the parade events must be at least 18 years of age.

"There are some things we still can't do," de Blasio said, pointing to the parade. "We're looking forward to a lot of them coming back in 2021."

The 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will air on NBC, Thursday, November 26 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.

————————————————————————————
Great, so endless riots and looting can occur, but a parade is a step too far.

Evilronald

Could 2020 get any fucking worse?!?
kiwifarms.net
You know, its funny.

View attachment 1595471

View attachment 1595491

Im exactly this way, my life has not really changed at all but I can see how insane extroverted people are getting. It also worries me how this insanity is going to impact the economy and our culture as a whole.

There’s something very non-American (and non-western/liberal) about the mentality of people right now and I’m just not seeing it dying like it should. Like where does it stop when we let the government and covid Karen’s threaten us with ruining our life for not wearing a stupid mask for a virus where the average age of someone who died is 80? Just pathetic how people are buying this crap, especially because there’s evidence coming out that this virus was made in a lab.

But you know, who cares about China fucking us all over let’s vote for the guy who will sell us out to China because orange man bad. I’m honestly curious what the correlation between hating the orange man and how insane someone is over covid. I got a feeling they’re practically the same. They see this as a way to destroy the orange man who should’ve easily won re-election and give 0 fucks who dies and who’s life is ruined. They’ll kamikaze the whole country to take out the orange man, because as far as they’re concerned: if trump is re-elected America is dead anyways.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Fuck" is a no-no word.
Not here. Fuck that shit!

Personally, I socialize here, on another board, or via email, much like I have always done. Socialize a bit with the neighbors but otherwise stay home and keep to myself. Believe there are many like me.

Believe this online school stuff is just crashing and burning, overall. Talked with son in TX this morning and he described the clusterfuck at grandson's school. These kids in 1-12 may need as much as two years to catch up.

Observation - would like to know how medical schools are handling this situation. Personally prefer a doctor that got the entire med school course, if you know what I mean.

Hey, I learned how to copy and paste images. ☺ If you like what I post, 👍. If not, 🖕.

1600109994976.png

Im exactly this way, my life has not really changed at all but I can see how insane extroverted people are getting. It also worries me how this insanity is going to impact the economy and our culture as a whole.

There’s something very non-American (and non-western/liberal) about the mentality of people right now and I’m just not seeing it dying like it should. Like where does it stop when we let the government and covid Karen’s threaten us with ruining our life for not wearing a stupid mask for a virus where the average age of someone who died is 80? Just pathetic how people are buying this crap, especially because there’s evidence coming out that this virus was made in a lab.

But you know, who cares about China fucking us all over let’s vote for the guy who will sell us out to China because orange man bad. I’m honestly curious what the correlation between hating the orange man and how insane someone is over covid. I got a feeling they’re practically the same. They see this as a way to destroy the orange man who should’ve easily won re-election and give 0 fucks who dies and who’s life is ruined. They’ll kamikaze the whole country to take out the orange man, because as far as they’re concerned: if trump is re-elected America is dead anyways.
This isn't the same America I grew up in. My America went to the moon, would have taken this virus in stride.

This America runs scared. This America hides behind masks and squabbles over toilet paper. Believe the running scared started after 9-11. People were scared of the unknown, but I believe now the government/media have learned how to keep most Americans scared most of the time. Guess what, folks? There will ALWAYS be something to be frightened about, from now on. "They" are counting on your fear and your passivity to turn you into sheep.

I say, fuck that shit. Free-speech boards like this one do a lot to dispel such fears. You can help by trying to talk sense or act live you don't live in fear. I have told people, "I'm an AMERICAN. I'm not scared." No comebacks to that, either.

The first place where a person must lose their fear is in their own mind. Got it? Do I need to repeat it? THE FIRST PLACE WHERE A PERSON MUST LOSE THEIR FEAR IS IN THEIR OWN MIND. FDR put it a bit differently. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Just as valid now as in 1933.

When you no longer take counsel of your fears, fear no longer owns you. You can think for yourself, question the lies and bullshit, point out things to others.

An Uncle Joe leadership tactic - a few people who know what they are doing can control a bunch of people who don't know what's going on. If you know what's going on you can influence a lot of people who don't know what's going on but are willing to listen. You can set an example.

The people who respond "GFYS" when the truth is presented simply will not listen. Fuck them. Spend your efforts with those who will listen, and there are more and more such people out there all the time. Their "gut radars", more sensitive than any electronic radar, tell them something's wrong. Just not quite sure what it is and what they can do.

One person with a mind free from fear and who knows the truth can overcome any number of "Karens". You see how they crumple when meeting determined opposition, or someone who just laughs at them. And should some Karen hit you defend yourself.

Not rocket science, people. And don't let anyone tell you it is, because then you know they don't have your best interests at heart.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Gose

kiwifarms.net
Link (Archive)
This Year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Will Be Taped, Go Without Crowds
Published 3 hours ago • Updated 39 mins ago

Further adjusting to the realities of the coronavirus pandemic, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Monday this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will march forward without crowds.

"It will not be the same parade we're used to," de Blasio said. "[Macy's is] reinventing the event for this moment in history. And you will be able to feel the spirit and the joy of that day."

The parade will not be live this year, but its reimagined format will still be available to watch on TV, the mayor said. Macy's said in a statement Monday the parade will keep its signature touchstones: giant helium balloons, floats, performers and, of course, Santa Claus.

Handlers traditionally deployed to carry the giant character balloons along the parade route will be replaced by "an innovative, specially rigged anchor vehicle framework of five specialty vehicles tested and approved by the NYCDOT and NYPD," the statement read. Instead of following the typical 2.5-mile route, the parade elements will be taped in and around Herald Square, Macy's said.

"Following the success of this summer's reimagined Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks show, the Macy's team meticulously reviewed every area of the Thanksgiving Day playbook to put in place enhanced health and safety practices that align with CDC guidelines, as well as local and state government protocols," Macy's statement continued.

The company said this year's television-only spectacle will be recorded over two days with a reduction in participants by nearly 75 percent. The performers involved will stay social distant and must wear appropriate masks or face coverings.

Reductions also hit the high school and college marching bands. Macy's said this year's participants in the parade events must be at least 18 years of age.

"There are some things we still can't do," de Blasio said, pointing to the parade. "We're looking forward to a lot of them coming back in 2021."

The 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will air on NBC, Thursday, November 26 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.

————————————————————————————
Great, so endless riots and looting can occur, but a parade is a step too far.
They must take any and everything away from the dominant culture. Only holy days of obligation like Juneteenth will be celebrated. This really is a revolution.

Edit:

Edit:
1600113237479.png

1600113262883.png

Get fucked you wolf in sheep's clothing. Nevertheless, this is getting appealed.

Last edited:
Tags
None