Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Just wandering

kiwifarms.net
The current party of province of quebec warn of a second lockdown, obviously the vast majority of facebook comment are pissed and some even treat civil disobedience

Found a proper english blog, typical corona propaganda

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
Pandemic? What pandemic? I'm glad though that the critical race theorists agree with us on one thing: coronavirus is fake and gay. (archive)

View attachment 1596015
Flip it. Always flip it. If the CDC starts embracing critical race theory on a systemic level, how does that affect their research? Even Wikipedia (meaning mainstream) says the main propositions of "critical race theory" are:
0. White supremacy exists.
1. "White supremacy and racial power are maintained over time, and in particular, that the law may play a role in this process."
2. "Secondly, CRT work has investigated the possibility of transforming the relationship between law and racial power, as well as pursuing a project of achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly."
We can apply the exact same tools here as we do when looking at the affects of different religions.
i.e.
IF your religion states [X] AND the institutions of law, education, etc. around you are aligned with this belief system THEN you can argue that actions undertaken because of [X] are acceptable, moral, or imperative.
E.g.
If your sister or daughter is made "unclean" for whatever reason, and you believe your family will suffer because of her actions, then you may feel justified in killing her in order to uphold your family's "honor".

So let's think on the implications of the following:
IF we have a population, or even just a significantly powerful government organization that subscribes the critical race theory
AND this organization integrates it into their operations the same way they would with, say, germ theory
THEN that organizations members will make decisions and take action based on the social and moral imperatives outlined by that philosophy.

Some examples off the top of my head:

najobo

kiwifarms.net
They must take any and everything away from the dominant culture. Only holy days of obligation like Juneteenth will be celebrated. This really is a revolution.
I disagree. I think, if this continues, further atomization will be the end result. Retrograde wypipo will celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas; the left coast types will disavow Columbus rape day entirely, and celebrate nothing, because to do so would be cultural appropriation. No one will celebrate Kwanzaa, ever. Blacks get Juneteenth. Asians continue to be totally fucking ignored (that is, until you need a triple bypass).

In other words, the coasts vs. flyover country gap widens ever more, Southern/Midwestern yts and their coastal kin officially diverge, becoming different species, and political gridlock intensifies, as geographical and ethnic/identitarian nonsense makes compromise impossible. Nice.

Re: the "critical race" email, do they not realize that, by 2050, Latinos are the majority, not blacks or whites? They should be sucking up to Paco, what gives?

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
I have a confession to make. I did sperg a lot about COVID from the very start. I got myself banned from multiple forums, and made an ass of myself on here, and so forth. But the honest truth is that I was afraid.

My parents are in their sixties, in a susceptible age group. My coworkers and many of my IRL friends are older folks, too. Based on what I saw happening in Wuhan and the epidemiological reports I was seeing, I thought a couple million people were going to die in the US. I thought I was going to lose a lot of friends and family to this disease.

I am honestly relieved that it turned out to be less severe than I thought.
Tbh, i don't blame you because i reacted like that to in the very beginning to. I think around may or june was when i started getting skeptical because how stores like wal mart made mask wearing mandatory otherwise i can't shop

teriyakiburns

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?
kiwifarms.net

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
I disagree. I think, if this continues, further atomization will be the end result. Retrograde wypipo will celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas; the left coast types will disavow Columbus rape day entirely, and celebrate nothing, because to do so would be cultural appropriation. No one will celebrate Kwanzaa, ever. Blacks get Juneteenth. Asians continue to be totally fucking ignored (that is, until you need a triple bypass).

In other words, the coasts vs. flyover country gap widens ever more, Southern/Midwestern yts and their coastal kin officially diverge, becoming different species, and political gridlock intensifies, as geographical and ethnic/identitarian nonsense makes compromise impossible. Nice.

Re: the "critical race" email, do they not realize that, by 2050, Latinos are the majority, not blacks or whites? They should be sucking up to Paco, what gives?
Blacks make a lot of money for the music and sports industry. That is why they get their way when they want it. They have a lot more clout than people seem to believe and it isn't built exclusively on the slavery-white guilt complex either.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
I have a confession to make. I did sperg a lot about COVID from the very start. I got myself banned from multiple forums, and made an ass of myself on here, and so forth. But the honest truth is that I was afraid.

My parents are in their sixties, in a susceptible age group. My coworkers and many of my IRL friends are older folks, too. Based on what I saw happening in Wuhan and the epidemiological reports I was seeing, I thought a couple million people were going to die in the US. I thought I was going to lose a lot of friends and family to this disease.

I am honestly relieved that it turned out to be less severe than I thought.
I forgive you. Believe me: I felt the same way too all the way from February well until May or so. For me, a lot of it was the fear of the unknown and the fact that media made it seem like airborne AIDS. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to mainstream media, but the fact that every news outlet was playing up the Corona-chan deaths ad nauseam and talking about the whopping amount of new cases in our nearby city was enough to make me paranoid. Plus my friends were losing their retail and food service jobs, so I was predicting some Mad Max shit about to happen. I was scared shitless to come in contact with anyone in a 10-foot radius for a while, and deliberately avoiding going out during the day because I was worried if I walked on the same sidewalk as someone then I'd get the coof.

This started to peter out in April or so, but as soon as I saw the Floyd riots and looting, this basically killed the paranoia for me. Seeing my IRL leftist friends change their Facebook profile photos to a "Stay Home" filter and posting links about lock down protesters being ignorant to suddenly doing a total 180 and advocating for rioting and looting immediately made me realize the whole thing is a farce.
I'd take it with a grain of salt, since Breaking911 has a pretty shoddy record of spreading facts. They've actually lost their blue check mark status from Twitter due to repeat complaints of misinformation, so I'd wait until more sources come out.

Last edited:

Evilronald

Could 2020 get any fucking worse?!?
kiwifarms.net
This isn't the same America I grew up in. My America went to the moon, would have taken this virus in stride.

This America runs scared. This America hides behind masks and squabbles over toilet paper. Believe the running scared started after 9-11. People were scared of the unknown, but I believe now the government/media have learned how to keep most Americans scared most of the time. Guess what, folks? There will ALWAYS be something to be frightened about, from now on. "They" are counting on your fear and your passivity to turn you into sheep.

I say, fuck that shit. Free-speech boards like this one do a lot to dispel such fears. You can help by trying to talk sense or act live you don't live in fear. I have told people, "I'm an AMERICAN. I'm not scared." No comebacks to that, either.

The first place where a person must lose their fear is in their own mind. Got it? Do I need to repeat it? THE FIRST PLACE WHERE A PERSON MUST LOSE THEIR FEAR IS IN THEIR OWN MIND. FDR put it a bit differently. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Just as valid now as in 1933.

When you no longer take counsel of your fears, fear no longer owns you. You can think for yourself, question the lies and bullshit, point out things to others.

An Uncle Joe leadership tactic - a few people who know what they are doing can control a bunch of people who don't know what's going on. If you know what's going on you can influence a lot of people who don't know what's going on but are willing to listen. You can set an example.

The people who respond "GFYS" when the truth is presented simply will not listen. Fuck them. Spend your efforts with those who will listen, and there are more and more such people out there all the time. Their "gut radars", more sensitive than any electronic radar, tell them something's wrong. Just not quite sure what it is and what they can do.

One person with a mind free from fear and who knows the truth can overcome any number of "Karens". You see how they crumple when meeting determined opposition, or someone who just laughs at them. And should some Karen hit you defend yourself.

Not rocket science, people. And don't let anyone tell you it is, because then you know they don't have your best interests at heart.

(Mods, sorry again for the double post. Things don't always fit together. Not trying to be an asshole.)
I think society has become so weak and feminized that we refuse to accept that death is inevitable and that eventually we are all going to go. If I was 70 or 80, I would tell everyone that I’d be willing to take a chance on the coof taking me out so that younger generations can live and enjoy life as I was able to. People are dating, they aren’t starting families, they aren’t getting anywhere in their career. We have chaos and fear everywhere. Who wants to live like this? I have a higher chance than most people to have corona chan take me out, but I’d much rather take a chance of dying being able to live my life than living wishing my life as I know it is over. If it isn’t covid, something else will come along.

Over 30k people die in the US every single day, why is an extra 2k going from one category of deaths of another such a big deal? Covid moves up someone demise by maybe 6-12 months, is that worth destroying the lives of the young and healthy?

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
Ok, so going by this math, 50 MILLION Americans have gotten COVID.

Even going by the numbers that Trump personally killed 180,000 people, that's a death rate of 0.36%.
Good to see Youyang Gu getting some recognition. His projections have been surprisingly on-the-mark and are certainly a better bellweather to use for policy than IHME, who first thought we'd be done at 60k and have now vastly overcorrected in the opposite direction with their new projection showing up to 600k dead by EoY.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think society has become so weak and feminized that we refuse to accept that death is inevitable and that eventually we are all going to go. If I was 70 or 80, I would tell everyone that I’d be willing to take a chance on the coof taking me out so that younger generations can live and enjoy life as I was able to. People are dating, they aren’t starting families, they aren’t getting anywhere in their career. We have chaos and fear everywhere. Who wants to live like this? I have a higher chance than most people to have corona chan take me out, but I’d much rather take a chance of dying being able to live my life than living wishing my life as I know it is over. If it isn’t covid, something else will come along.

Over 30k people die in the US every single day, why is an extra 2k going from one category of deaths of another such a big deal? Covid moves up someone demise by maybe 6-12 months, is that worth destroying the lives of the young and healthy?
Here's the issue, as you have alluded to. 100-200 years ago everyone was familiar with death. Death rate was very high, especially for children, and life expectancy short. Medical knowledge still developing, no antibiotics, not that many effective drugs. Little in the way of vaccinations.

Epidemics happened all the time, especially in the years before 1920. Not uncommon, in the case of a cholera epidemic, for someone healthy in the morning to be dead by nightfall. Or to lose all the children in a family in just a few days.

Most houses of any substance had a parlor where the dead family member would be laid out before burial. No embalming until around 1860, rarely a fancy casket. Family and friends would gather and mourn the deceased. The deceased would be buried at home or in a nearby cemetery. Death was an actual part of life back then.

Around 1920 or so, all the gains made in public sanitation and medicine started to become apparent. The Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 did a lot to eliminate the shit snake oil salesmen passed off as "cures" for cancer, tuberculosis (MAJOR killer), etc. More effective drugs were being developed, such as penicillin. Better vaccines. Advances in surgery/treatment. Death rate went down, life expectancy went up. Lather, rinse, repeat until the present day.

Read in Dr. Stanley B. Burns' Sleeping Beauty (Volume 1) thirty years ago that the natural causes death rate for children is about as low as it can go absent gene manipulation. I believe it. We can vaccinate against just about any disease a child in 1900 could die of. We routinely successfully treat tuberculosis. Have made a lot of progress against cancer.

Many, if not most people in advanced countries never see a dead person outside of a funeral home. It is usually many years before a child experiences the death of a parent, or a parent the death of a child. Or people will see pictures/images of dead people in print/other media. Most people still die in a hospital/nursing home/hospice. Very few die naturally at home.

Death has largely become sanitized in advanced countries, so much as to be almost abstract. Everyone knows they will die someday, but they really never expect it to happen. That's why you see so many people living in such unwarranted fear of the ChiCom Flu. Maybe 200,000 dead so far. Six months plus. We've lost at least three times that many since 1 January from heart disease and cancer alone in our country. About 3,000,000 Americans die every year from all causes. "Nobody gets out of life alive."

And I can tell you that the prospect of death will concentrate the mind wonderfully. You drop any pretensions of abstractness. You fight as hard as you can. Sometimes you win, sometimes you run out of time. In the end, we all run out of time. But nobody needs to be a little bitch about it.

Added: I'll wait until a ChiCom Flu vaccine has proven itself to be safe before I get it. Have NO intention to die as someone's guinea pig. STILL don't know ANYONE who has or has had this disease.

Last edited:

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Here's the issue, as you have alluded to. 100-200 years ago everyone was familiar with death. Death rate was very high, especially for children, and life expectancy short. Medical knowledge still developing, no antibiotics, not that many effective drugs. Little in the way of vaccinations.

Epidemics happened all the time, especially in the years before 1920. Not uncommon, in the case of a cholera epidemic, for someone healthy in the morning to be dead by nightfall. Or to lose all the children in a family in just a few days.

Most houses of any substance had a parlor where the dead family member would be laid out before burial. No embalming until around 1860, rarely a fancy casket. Family and friends would gather and mourn the deceased. The deceased would be buried at home or in a nearby cemetery. Death was an actual part of life back then.

Around 1920 or so, all the gains made in public sanitation and medicine started to become apparent. The Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 did a lot to eliminate the shit snake oil salesmen passed off as "cures" for cancer, tuberculosis (MAJOR killer), etc. More effective drugs were being developed, such as penicillin. Better vaccines. Advances in surgery/treatment. Death rate went down, life expectancy went up. Lather, rinse, repeat until the present day.

Read in Dr. Stanley B. Burns' Sleeping Beauty (Volume 1) thirty years ago that the natural causes death rate for children is about as low as it can go absent gene manipulation. I believe it. We can vaccinate against just about any disease a child in 1900 could die of. We routinely successfully treat tuberculosis. Have made a lot of progress against cancer.

Many, if not most people in advanced countries never see a dead person outside of a funeral home. It is usually many years before a child experiences the death of a parent, or a parent the death of a child. Or people will see pictures/images of dead people in print/other media. Most people still die in a hospital/nursing home/hospice. Very few die naturally at home.

Death has largely become sanitized in advanced countries, so much as to be almost abstract. Everyone knows they will die someday, but they really never expect it to happen. That's why you see so many people living in such unwarranted fear of the ChiCom Flu. Maybe 200,000 dead so far. Six months plus. We've lost at least three times that many since 1 January from heart disease and cancer alone in our country. About 3,000,000 Americans die every year from all causes. "Nobody gets out of life alive."

And I can tell you that the prospect of death will concentrate the mind wonderfully. You drop any pretensions of abstractness. You fight as hard as you can. Sometimes you win, sometimes you run out of time. In the end, we all run out of time. But nobody needs to be a little bitch about it.
This is compounded further by the rampant elimination of traditional religion in modern culture. In the past, there was at least some sort of general comfort or solace with death in that you would still "live on" in some way (heaven and hell, reincarnation, ect.). But with today's dominating atheistic and nihilistic view that you just drift into a void post-mortem and nothing else, that's inherently more terrifying to contemplate about on a base level.

So between this shift in thinking and the extension of natural life to the point where people feel immune to death, it's a double-header that has made a generation extremely easy to scare into submission the moment they feel a potential tug on their mortal coil.

Jar-Jar Fanboy

kiwifarms.net
Anti-Maskers Forced to Dig Graves for Covid-19 Victims in Indonesia

I saw this on reddit today, and was astounded by the comments, although, I suppose I really shouldn't be at this point. For a bunch who claim to hate fascism, and see fascists around every corner, they sure are excited about the prospect of a country rounding up people critical of masks and forcing them to do hard labour. But, guys, it's totally not slavery or anything; they were putting millions of grandmas lives at risk!

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

You've made an interesting point. From what I gather, actually, from what I see in my extended family, many Latinos see themselves as white. So if you count those Latinos as white, whites would still be the majority.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ce8ddf8636b6b3d3f2d72c6ef8155654.png

> The Coronavirus is just a local problem in Wuhan, Trump's using it to incite a panic.
> Closing travel with China is racist and xenophobic.
> We need more lockdowns, why isn't Trump locking everything down?
> Closing travel with China was the right call, but Trump did it way too late.
> We were the first ones calling for travel restrictions and Trump wouldn't listen to us.
> Restricting travel with China wasn't Trump's idea.
🡐 You are here.
> The existence of Mainland China is a Q-Anon conspiracy.

teriyakiburns

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1597293

> The Coronavirus is just a local problem in Wuhan, Trump's using it to incite a panic.
> Closing travel with China is racist and xenophobic.
> We need more lockdowns, why isn't Trump locking everything down?
> Closing travel with China was the right call, but Trump did it way too late.
> We were the first ones calling for travel restrictions and Trump wouldn't listen to us.
> Restricting travel with China wasn't Trump's idea.
🡐 You are here.
> The existence of Mainland China is a Q-Anon conspiracy.
> 中国一直统治着我们

Reactions: AnonymousDimwit

behavioral swamp thang

preparing to TRANNYPORT in 3..2..1..
kiwifarms.net
If Fauci and Pelosi and all the other "rules for thee not for me" twats would have just held steady to their own fucking lockdown ideas, a lot of people wouldn't have caught on. Now I see little peeps everywhere about how this has to be bullshit. Playing by their own rules has lost them AT LEAST 20k votes for their precious Biden. They wouldn't even sacrifice three seasons to see their horse win.

teriyakiburns

kiwifarms.net
less than 10 people died in the UK yesterday. Less than 10 people have died in the UK every day for the last few weeks. In a lot of cases it's less than 5. Hospital admissions are down and staying down, too. Cases have risen, so we have to isolate ourselves from our loved ones so that they can remain alive, but nobody is dying from it.

Tags
None