Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
He's up for reelection in 2 years.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of lefties in New York that are perfectly fine being under lockdown until everyone gets a vaccine, so there's no chance of a recall. Although people are starting to finally realize what an asshole this guy is, but not nearly enough.
You can say that for all the little dictators in this country. People are finally starting to realize just what kind of monsters they've voted into power, but not enough have woken up in a quick enough amount of time to really do much about it (at least for now).

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
Re: the "critical race" email, do they not realize that, by 2050, Latinos are the majority, not blacks or whites? They should be sucking up to Paco, what gives?
A lot can happen in 30 years. Never know when the tables may turn...tho of course they wont ever admit it.

Anti-Maskers Forced to Dig Graves for Covid-19 Victims in Indonesia

I saw this on reddit today, and was astounded by the comments, although, I suppose I really shouldn't be at this point. For a bunch who claim to hate fascism, and see fascists around every corner, they sure are excited about the prospect of a country rounding up people critical of masks and forcing them to do hard labour. But, guys, it's totally not slavery or anything; they were putting millions of grandmas lives at risk!
Fascism has become a meaningless word to them, a substantially hollow term to label their enemies. They know nazis and fascists have become synonymous with evil, tho the WHY and HOW are irrelevant to them. Intentionally or not, movies, cartoons, education and etc have created this almost "cartoonish" image of fascists and nazis. When a child ask his or her parent what a nazi is, they will just usually say "they were bad people that rounded up jewish people because they didnt like them" and thats usually where it ended, both because its a kid and because the parents most likely doesnt know much about them themselves. All they "know" is that Nazis were cartoon villains that killed cartoonishly innocent people. All we gotta know is that these terms are just an "intellectual" term for "evil people".

Almost everyone that has actually experienced WW2 is dead or close to death now so, in a way, nazis and fascists can be "whatever" they want.

And now they want them to be us.

You've made an interesting point. From what I gather, actually, from what I see in my extended family, many Latinos see themselves as white. So if you count those Latinos as white, whites would still be the majority.
I have seen A LOT of latinos that were the whitest motherfuckers that I have ever seen. Im close friends with one, guy is a fucking nerd and I love him for it.

If Fauci and Pelosi and all the other "rules for thee not for me" twats would have just held steady to their own fucking lockdown ideas, a lot of people wouldn't have caught on. Now I see little peeps everywhere about how this has to be bullshit. Playing by their own rules has lost them AT LEAST 20k votes for their precious Biden. They wouldn't even sacrifice three seasons to see their horse win.
I really think that the left isnt as well coordinated than most think they are. A lot of their plans usually lead to it blowing up in their faces, like making Ghostbusters 2016 to be so divisive and how much it was against Trump supporters (yeah, good luck making any trump supporters watch your movie now).
I think the left was going to just have lockdown, however, once BLM began to throw their ape-tantrums, they decided it was free real estate and they would have their cake and eat it.

Turns out they werent counting diabeetus and both narratives contradicting each other.

less than 10 people died in the UK yesterday. Less than 10 people have died in the UK every day for the last few weeks. In a lot of cases it's less than 5. Hospital admissions are down and staying down, too. Cases have risen, so we have to isolate ourselves from our loved ones so that they can remain alive, but nobody is dying from it.
Im fairly convinced there wont be a way out of this clown fuckery without blood....

It never ends.
Just like The Post 9-11 "Airport Security Checkpoints" It will never end.
It wasn't about flattening the curve..it was about (actual) Fascist faggots sealing you in your pod, giving you your 3 bug bars and soy drinks every day and laughing as the "Dirty Masses" can't stink up the Hair Salons and Golf Courses anymore.
Its all fun and games until people remember what guillotine are for.

With the airport, i can somewhat understand. This however is won't last forever.
It CANT last forever but they will REALLY try. The question is how long will we allow them to do that.

So I watched the news for a minute this morning (can't take much more than that, what with racism and covid being 24/7 in the news cycle) and De Blasio announced they are holding the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade virtually. Then I heard a clip about cancelling Spring Break.
They're taking everything away from us because they lost the election four years ago.
I pray all these blue mayors and governors get a boot up their asses come re-election time.
Link / Archive
I asked before and I ask again, "how many memories are we going to allow them to STEAL from us? When enough is fucking enough?"

Mask laws and quarantines aren't about power. They're about something much, much stupider. Just like taking off your shoes at the airport, they're about Doing Something™. Or rather they're about APPEARING to be Doing Something™. Doing Something™ doesn't have to be effective, just highly visible.

See, there's a certain kind of person who believes that if the government just had the right policies, no Bad Things™ would ever happen. Now, this group isn't exclusively Karens, but there's a strong overlap. Currently most of these people are on the left, but they've been on the right well within living memory. Things like ridiculous domestic surveillance to prevent terrorism.

Here's how it works. First, a highly visible, very unusual Bad Thing™ (the 'rona, airplane hijacking, school shooting) happens. Now a politician has two choices.

The first is to accept that we live in the real world, there are a lot of sick people out there, bad things happen to good people, and the death rate will remain one per person for the foreseeable future. However, most Bad Things™ that make the news are rare, otherwise they wouldn't make the news, and we have finite resources to prevent bad things which would probably be better spent on things like heart disease research. Obviously, this never happens, because tards would tard out that the government refuses make them Feel Safe™.

The second option is to Do Something™. Again, it really doesn't matter what, as long as everyone knows about it. Then, when Bad Thing™ happens again (and it will, because you can't actually prevent it), they'll point to their very important and visible official policy of Doing Something™, and gosh Karen, I just did everything I could to prevent Bad Thing™. Vote for me next election, because whatever happens, you know I'll Do Something™.

Why is this? Well, like a lot of people have said, we're entirely too fat, dumb, and happy. That plus the 24 hour news cycle that has no choice to to constantly one up themselves with sensationalist tragedies, means we're kinda screwed unless we as a nation can once again learn to live with reasonable risk.
People need to accept that death exists but its no excuse to stop living because of it.

The hope we have left is due to how much more invasive this mask shit is, people's tolerance for it isn't nearly as strong as taking your shoes off and getting molested at the airport. With the latter, the overriding majority of people don't fly all that much (if at all/ever) and even when they do such "safety measures" only last a few minutes, compared to this retardation where it affects everyday life no matter where you go.

Too bad that public brainwashing has been underway for long enough now that it looks like the "new normal" propaganda will stick indefinitely. I really don't want to have to wear a stupid muzzle just to run errands for the rest of my fucking life...
Im more worried when masks arent mandatory anymore and how many will still keep wearing it "just in case", because "habits" or because they are now "germaphobic".

How many signatures does it take to recall this guy? I don't live in New York but with his restrictive lockdowns and murdering of elderly people by sending them to infected nursing homes, I would recall this motherfucker if I live over there.

I have lived enough to tell you that signatures dont do dick. At most they give you an idea of HOW many people want this but anyone that actually knows how the world works knows that politicians dont care about signatures. They care about votes and maintaining their power...and most of the times you arent necessary for them to achieve the latter.

They only fear two things. Death and losing their power. They can circunvent the system to avoid the latter, but CANT however stop an angry mob from dragging them out of their house screaming and kicking tho.

JambledUpWords

Thin privilege is real y’all
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Archive (Link)
ASU President pens letter to state health department claiming Mill Avenue COVID-19 violations
By Nicole Garcia
Published 1 day ago
FOX 10 Phoenix

TEMPE, Ariz. - Arizona State University's President filed a COVID-19 guidance complaint with the Arizona Department of Health Services on Sept. 9, reporting what he calls "potential violations" by several Mill Avenue restaurants and bars.

ASU President Michael Crow sent photos to the health department of alleged incidents that appear to show customers not abiding by face mask and social distancing guidelines.

Two of the businesses named in Crow’s complaint are Zipps Sports Grill and 414 Pub & Pizza, both are located on Mill Avenue.

Now, they are speaking out, saying their goals are to comply by state and city guidelines and they’re doing the best they can.

The complaint comes after the university has seen a spike in COVID-19 cases since students returned to campus in August. There have been more than 1,300 cases among its staff and students, across all campuses.

In Crow's letter, he wrote, “While I understand it may be difficult for restaurants to control the behavior of their customers, it is imperative that the ownership and staff of these restaurants speak up and make an effort to do so.”

Spencer Golish, 414 Pub & Pizza general manager, says it's not too easy to control crowds after they've been drinking.

“When people drink, sometimes it's like herding cats towards the end of the night," Golish said, adding, “The end of the night, we end up being more of the mask police, but you know, we just do the best we can to follow the regulations as they were put out.”

Crow pointed out karaoke singing as a potential violation at 414 Pub & Pizza, and ownership says it has since stopped karaoke, which was a big hit to their business.

"We lost our busiest season, spring training. So we lost all those months to this disease, and we’re just trying to get back going and make a living so I can provide for my family and employees," Golish explained.

Zipps Sports Grill issued this statement, saying, “Zipps Sports Grill has been conducting business in the valley for over 25 years, this would not be possible without continuously working diligently to adhere to all state and city guidelines."

Golish says guidelines can be confusing and feels businesses have been left to fend for themselves.

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
Flip it. Always flip it. If the CDC starts embracing critical race theory on a systemic level, how does that affect their research? Even Wikipedia (meaning mainstream) says the main propositions of "critical race theory" are:

We can apply the exact same tools here as we do when looking at the affects of different religions.
i.e.
IF your religion states [X] AND the institutions of law, education, etc. around you are aligned with this belief system THEN you can argue that actions undertaken because of [X] are acceptable, moral, or imperative.
E.g.
If your sister or daughter is made "unclean" for whatever reason, and you believe your family will suffer because of her actions, then you may feel justified in killing her in order to uphold your family's "honor".

So let's think on the implications of the following:
IF we have a population, or even just a significantly powerful government organization that subscribes the critical race theory
AND this organization integrates it into their operations the same way they would with, say, germ theory
THEN that organizations members will make decisions and take action based on the social and moral imperatives outlined by that philosophy.

Some examples off the top of my head:
This is why the Social Sciences should have no place touching the STEM fields; yet here we are

Archive (Link)
ASU President pens letter to state health department claiming Mill Avenue COVID-19 violations
By Nicole Garcia
Published 1 day ago
FOX 10 Phoenix

TEMPE, Ariz. - Arizona State University's President filed a COVID-19 guidance complaint with the Arizona Department of Health Services on Sept. 9, reporting what he calls "potential violations" by several Mill Avenue restaurants and bars.

ASU President Michael Crow sent photos to the health department of alleged incidents that appear to show customers not abiding by face mask and social distancing guidelines.

Two of the businesses named in Crow’s complaint are Zipps Sports Grill and 414 Pub & Pizza, both are located on Mill Avenue.

Now, they are speaking out, saying their goals are to comply by state and city guidelines and they’re doing the best they can.

The complaint comes after the university has seen a spike in COVID-19 cases since students returned to campus in August. There have been more than 1,300 cases among its staff and students, across all campuses.

In Crow's letter, he wrote, “While I understand it may be difficult for restaurants to control the behavior of their customers, it is imperative that the ownership and staff of these restaurants speak up and make an effort to do so.”

Spencer Golish, 414 Pub & Pizza general manager, says it's not too easy to control crowds after they've been drinking.

“When people drink, sometimes it's like herding cats towards the end of the night," Golish said, adding, “The end of the night, we end up being more of the mask police, but you know, we just do the best we can to follow the regulations as they were put out.”

Crow pointed out karaoke singing as a potential violation at 414 Pub & Pizza, and ownership says it has since stopped karaoke, which was a big hit to their business.

"We lost our busiest season, spring training. So we lost all those months to this disease, and we’re just trying to get back going and make a living so I can provide for my family and employees," Golish explained.

Zipps Sports Grill issued this statement, saying, “Zipps Sports Grill has been conducting business in the valley for over 25 years, this would not be possible without continuously working diligently to adhere to all state and city guidelines."

Golish says guidelines can be confusing and feels businesses have been left to fend for themselves.
University administration points fingers & deflects blame. News at 11.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Already had a similar tangent some pages back, but this still hurts. Wanted to have a moment of levity and look back at some good times, so I (get your puzzle pieces ready) rewatched the New York crowd reveal for Banjo in Smash Bros. as it always gets me in a good mood seeing so many people excited and happy.

But my smile just, vanished when the video barely even started...

I looked at the date. Last June. A little over a year ago, nobody was wearing masks, "social distancing" wasn't in the public's vocabulary, no obsessive use of hand sanitizer, just people enjoying their lives for a moment. I was on vacation when it happened too so the point hits even harder.

It angers, frustrates, saddens and scares me just how short the amount of time has taken to go from that to this utter shithole nightmare of a reality, one that seemingly has no end in sight.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
He's up for reelection in 2 years.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of lefties in New York that are perfectly fine being under lockdown until everyone gets a vaccine, so there's no chance of a recall. Although people are starting to finally realize what an asshole this guy is, but not nearly enough.
They should try that vaccine first and they shoudn't complain about side effects. We'll said to them "you could have used HCQ but no! You make your bed, live with it!".

FreeYourDoodies

Welcome to the Suck
kiwifarms.net
This is why the Social Sciences should have no place touching the STEM fields;
As someone who did a STEM undergrad but took a few social science courses for the breadth requirements, social sciences don't have to be retarded, it's just an unfortunate result of the current political landscape right now. In fact, one of the social science experiments I learned about applies a lot to this whole lockdown retardation: the Milgram Experiment. ~60% of people were willing to obey orders from an authority figure to electrically torture a man to death. So it's not exactly surprising that people are so willing to blindly follow the batshit lockdown laws.

Also, my last post in this thread was back at the beginning of August announcing that my part of the world had loosened the restrictions enough to allow my normal life to resume and that I would likely not be posting in here again unless they decided to lockdown again. Well, apparently 0.002% of my region's population being reported as 'daily new cases' was enough justification for them to send us back into the lockdown stone-age. It'll never be enough for these people if we always defer to fear.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
Tucker probably pissed off some people tonight.

I wonder if anything will even come from this, I mean, there were already """conspiracy theories""" that the rona was man made by China (possibly with Globalist's approval) but nothing came from it. Now we are hearing actual inside people saying it but again, people will CHOOSE to willingly ignore it as long it goes against their world view. People nowadays are more stubborn than ever, even when provided proper evidence, they simply decide to ignore it.

So more power to her but unless there are video of someone releasing this virus like its something from a Resident Evil movie, it probably wont go anywhere.

Archive (Link)
By Nicole Garcia
Published 1 day ago
FOX 10 Phoenix

You know, its funny, they didnt mention that there are spikes of other diseases too when places reopen but its always only focused on Corona. Its almost like its all about it and any other disease isnt the media's little boogeyman.
Besides, since when we got this idea that diseases are automatically bad? Diseases are a natural part of the ecosystem and life. If there werent diseases, there wouldnt be life at all. Diseases led to adaptation and evolution ovre billions of years.
Besides, the campuses are full of young people, even most teachers arent grampas for the most part, I THINK they will all be fine. Honestly, Im starting to think there is this thing where if you get corona (or at least think its corona), you report it to the teacher so he can report to Health Officials and then they all get a fat paycheck/grade increase. It wouldnt surprise me at all.

Oh and as for businesses, one cannot look at this and say, without declaring yourself insane while at it, that this isnt being motivated by mega coorporations to snuff out local smaller businesses that could possibly pose a threat someday. Trust me, these giant corporations arent getting affected at all, only the little guy. Its the little hard working man that has to abide to this shit just to keep their business barely alive. I wonder if the local politicians dont know (they are idiots) or dont care (they are evil) about how much they are fucking up the local economy and innocent hard working lives by doing this.

Already had a similar tangent some pages back, but this still hurts. Wanted to have a moment of levity and look back at some good times, so I (get your puzzle pieces ready) rewatched the New York crowd reveal for Banjo in Smash Bros. as it always gets me in a good mood seeing so many people excited and happy.

But my smile just, vanished when the video barely even started...

I looked at the date. Last June. A little over a year ago, nobody was wearing masks, "social distancing" wasn't in the public's vocabulary, no obsessive use of hand sanitizer, just people enjoying their lives for a moment. I was on vacation when it happened too so the point hits even harder.

It angers, frustrates, saddens and scares me just how short the amount of time has taken to go from that to this utter shithole nightmare of a reality, one that seemingly has no end in sight.
Lets face it, something like this happening was just a matter of time. Im actually surprised it took this long to happen. Like we said, the people were far too comfortable, happy and naive to even IMAGINE something even close to this happening, thus they werent prepared, thinking the golden days would last forever.

Now they are stealing our time, freedom and memories. This isnt about health anymore, its about power, its about control. This has been decades in the making. If these good days will come back is entirely up to us, the system has been turned against us (it always was but now its not even being subtle) now we decide what will happen next...

Like V says

1600264766443.png

We allowed this ultimately.

They should try that vaccine first and they shoudn't complain about side effects. We'll said to them "you could have used HCQ but no! You make your bed, live with it!".
Thats the orange devil drug, dont you know that?! We wont fill our bodies with his sinful racism! We will be filled with China's love and care!

As someone who did a STEM undergrad but took a few social science courses for the breadth requirements, social sciences don't have to be retarded, it's just an unfortunate result of the current political landscape right now. In fact, one of the social science experiments I learned about applies a lot to this whole lockdown retardation: the Milgram Experiment. ~60% of people were willing to obey orders from an authority figure to electrically torture a man to death. So it's not exactly surprising that people are so willing to blindly follow the batshit lockdown laws.

Also, my last post in this thread was back at the beginning of August announcing that my part of the world had loosened the restrictions enough to allow my normal life to resume and that I would likely not be posting in here again unless they decided to lockdown again. Well, apparently 0.002% of my region's population being reported as 'daily new cases' was enough justification for them to send us back into the lockdown stone-age. It'll never be enough for these people if we always defer to fear.
I just wonder how long will the people eat up this absurd. Stopping everything because less than ONE...ONE...percent of the population got this virus...this shit is the stuff people would mock you for suggesting 10 yeas ago.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, six months into this "house arrest" bullshit. Looked around the commissary. A few things still in short supply, some canned spaghettis, some cleaning products, and most notably paper napkins. Found paper lunch bags last week. No limits, still have to wear mask and use only one cart.

Am guessing many of us bought something online, anticipating a shortage, but ended up not using it yet. Here, not being able to find paper lunch bags in the stores, bought a carton of 500 online. But they won't rot and don't eat anything. Eventually will be used/shared. Unable to find 5x8 pads at the time, bought ten fairly thin pads. Using them. When they run out expect to find pads in stores again.

Anyone else have a similar story? ☺ What the hell, better safe than sorry.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Sister in law got the Wuflu last week
She's preggers mind you. So fast forward a week later doctors say she cleared her for work. She says it was like the worst sinus infection she's ever had but she's fine now. The rules keep changing as well as the symptoms. It becoming quite confusing. They closed bars again for less then a month and just now reopened them.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
Tags
None