Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

teriyakiburns

I wanted to learn how to salute.
kiwifarms.net
I've had Covid, some of my friends and family have had it. IT SUCKS.
my 75 year-old dad had it. You know what it did to him? He shit himself for three days and then he was fine. His arm candy had it too. She didn't even realise.

As you're suggesting, they both stuff their faces with vitamins. D and zinc, and probably a B complex too. There is absolutely no reason for this thing to kill people unless they have severe, existing conditions. If everyone just stuck to that simple regime and took care of themselves, it wouldn't even be a footnote, but no. No. We have to have a bunch of old fatarses and chronic diabetics ordering our lives and demanding we obey their chosen Priests of Corona Viva or whatever, because they don't have enough self control to avoid eating their own shit because it looks like chocolate.

It's enough to drive a man to drink, I tell you.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When one uses the "I know someone who died of COVID" argument to convince you that all the insane measures are needed, it's like the world being shut down over a normal disease - and one argues the shutdown needed because they know someone who died of it.

Of course the media and authorities lie about the fatality rate.

PurpleEater

kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing these threads on social media like "My family NEVER left the house except to buy groceries once every 2 months while having a panic attack and otherwise we've been good little pod people but somehow my son tested positive for COVID!?!?!?! wear your MASKS then we won't be in this mess why won't you all just LISTEN!"

Followed by choruses of: "Someone CLEARLY didn't wear their masks and that's why! Selfish evil people!!11"

like, do you hear yourselves? You're bunkering down to nuclear war fall-out level and STILL you can test positive. What does that tell you? It's a virus. It spreads regardless of what restrictions you put in place or how much you panic. No matter how often you wear your face condom, or dry out your hands with anti-bacterial soap and sanitizer.

Pitting the proles against each other is a brilliant move. Have to give it to them.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
I'm actually starting to suspect that thing New York and a lot of other cities did where they shoved infected into nursing homes wasn't done out of stupidity but on purpose in order to create a mass wave of initial deaths they could point to to justify implementing totalitarian policies.
Hanlon's Razor.

They are authoritarians though. All this is just to cover their ass. Keep people distracted by inflating how super-super scary it is. They didn't fuckup massively from the start. People didn't wear their masks, y'see. That's why things went so wrong. Not them or their heavy-handed policies smearing it all over the city then reversing course and cramming everyone together. Not their triage and DNR policies. We gotta close everything down or it is going to happen again. Be scared. The situation is totally the same. Nothing changed.

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
The "Kiwis Kissed by Corona" thread is pozzed lmao. Coronapanic turns even the best posters into self-righteous mouth breathers.

Nobody forced your family to cancel your Thanksgiving: YOU chose to do that. They fed into the paranoia and nobody stopped it. We had lockdowns. It didn't work. We have masks. They don't work. Businesses spend a shit ton of money on sanitization and it doesn't work. You can "self isolate" and still end up with it. It's not the fault of the "young people who talk about the 99% survival rate" that you cancelled your Thanksgiving. It is ridiculous to expect every living person in the US of A to stay inside their hovel and never leave for 3 weeks. That's unrealistic.

My 89 year old on-deaths-door great aunt got corona and beat it. My 85 year old grandmother doesn't care and has continued to go to grocery stores multiple times a week since March and has never gotten it. Neither has my chainsmoker uncle. I've managed to avoid it despite having worked a high-risk job all summer. Neither of my parents with high-risks jobs have gotten it. We're not cancelling OUR Thanksgiving; the only people not coming are millennials that are mask-cultists.

Forgive me for wanting to live a normal life.

The Nothingness

The one with no body!
kiwifarms.net
There's sometimes I wish then Lord Newsom got corona-chan just to see if he'll use that so-called miraculous medication named remdesivir who's in reality a piece of shit or HCQ.
I noticed there seems to be more reports of Republican politicians/individuals testing positive than Democrats. Perhaps it is because one party is "anti-science" but with Elon Musk's recent tweet, it kind of makes you think.

Meanwhile I hear about this reported death in Croatia and all I have to say is you got to be shitting me.

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
I noticed there seems to be more reports of Republican politicians/individuals testing positive than Democrats. Perhaps it is because one party is "anti-science" but with Elon Musk's recent tweet, it kind of makes you think.

Meanwhile I hear about this reported death in Croatia and all I have to say is you got to be shitting me.
I read an article somewhere that a guy who died in a motorcycle accident was labeled a corona death.

Mepsi Pax

kiwifarms.net
my 75 year-old dad had it. You know what it did to him? He shit himself for three days and then he was fine. His arm candy had it too. She didn't even realise.
So funny thing here, I had what I'm almost positive was China Virus (v. 2019) before it was cool - in January. At the time my co-workers were falling ill with what they all characterized as a nasty (but fairly short lived on average) flu. I was in a major city with a busy airport, and while my experience predated the "official" numbers, I'm relatively sure the shit was spreading here by then since information has come out that China's earliest case was in mid-November. We live in globohomo world, there's no way it takes a highly contagious virus more than a month to break out of a billion-person country that's heavily involved in almost every single industry.

The reason I say it's funny is 'cause my experience was similar to your father's, and it's the first anecdote I've heard that parallels mine. I've never experienced anything like it before. I suddenly became violently ill in the middle of the night, waking up to flood the toilet with liquid shit. My relief was short-lived, because within an hour I was vomiting everything up. Then I shit again. Then I puked again. In between, rather than the usual respite that purging brings, I was seized with chills, body aches, and a feverish feeling that I liken to certain aspects of drug withdrawal. The nausea and urge to shite would build until the inevitable. This went on all night and into the morning, but as I became empty (voider of worlds) I was able to at least drink some water. I was not able to eat food until the next day, and I felt like I had a low-grade fever for a few days. Because the acute symptoms were so debilitating, I don't have much memory of what other "minor" symptoms I may have experienced.

I've had a "24 hour" bug before, and it was nothing like that. I'll say that the way I became ill was more like being poisoned with an esoteric substance, but my diet was consistent and I finished the remainder of that week's meals and groceries without any consequences. Other people at work didn't seem to have the same reaction, and in fact theirs were extremely varied. In retrospect I think that the much-vaunted immunological effects of the virus were what caused my reaction. Additionally, I have not gotten sick since despite traveling all over the place and taking no precautions outside of a 2-month period when I wore a respirator to the grocery store (also before it was cool). It's possible that I contracted the virus later and was asymptomatic, but until I can find more data points I'm assuming that my January affliction was the "coof".

EDIT: Also, in the summer I worked at a small shop where two people tested positive for the virus. One of them got pretty ill, while the other younger person was asymptomatic. Considering that the entire workforce consisted of 10 people and we all interacted regularly, I find it very hard to believe that I wasn't exposed at that time.

Last edited:

PaleTay

kiwifarms.net
So my home province instituted new restrictions recently. Lynx. What bothers me the most is the banning of all religious gatherings. I haven't even been to church in YEARS and I don't see how this isn't unconstitutional, even in Canada, state of emergency or otherwise. I just read it as: all religions cancelled by the Office of the Pandemic, Ministry of Truth. This is the one restriction that's finally motivating me to look for information on anti-lockdown protests that've been taking place here.

It's too bad that there's apparent collusion by old media and social media on the topic. Protests are given scarce coverage, and all articles/segments are only done after the fact, and are carefully written so as to avoid imparting to the reader/viewer any information that could be used to take part. They also make sure to deride all protests as super-spreader events or whatever. These are the same media outlets that praised pro-BLM protests in the area as unlikely to spread the Rona just a few months ago, btw. Public officials always take care to comment that most people are willingly compliant with the orders and that refuseniks are only a small number of troublemakers. It reminds me of how authoritarian governments always deride all discontent and unrest in their countries as the product of only a small number of malcontents and that the vast majority of the people love their rule.

I know there are a lot of people like me who hate restrictions and see through the propaganda, but it's hard to connect with anyone. I don't even know how these protests are being organized. I don't know when they're happening until they're reported on after the fact. It's very frustrating being kept in the dark.
The weird part is that people say "she didn't do anything" because she didn't close gyms.

I just assume the other fit/attractive people I see hate her, but also that any protest is getting me blacklisted.

clusterfuckk

Just a Karen with a hate hard on
kiwifarms.net
So my home province instituted new restrictions recently. Lynx. What bothers me the most is the banning of all religious gatherings. I haven't even been to church in YEARS and I don't see how this isn't unconstitutional, even in Canada, state of emergency or otherwise. I just read it as: all religions cancelled by the Office of the Pandemic, Ministry of Truth. This is the one restriction that's finally motivating me to look for information on anti-lockdown protests that've been taking place here.

It's too bad that there's apparent collusion by old media and social media on the topic. Protests are given scarce coverage, and all articles/segments are only done after the fact, and are carefully written so as to avoid imparting to the reader/viewer any information that could be used to take part. They also make sure to deride all protests as super-spreader events or whatever. These are the same media outlets that praised pro-BLM protests in the area as unlikely to spread the Rona just a few months ago, btw. Public officials always take care to comment that most people are willingly compliant with the orders and that refuseniks are only a small number of troublemakers. It reminds me of how authoritarian governments always deride all discontent and unrest in their countries as the product of only a small number of malcontents and that the vast majority of the people love their rule.

I know there are a lot of people like me who hate restrictions and see through the propaganda, but it's hard to connect with anyone. I don't even know how these protests are being organized. I don't know when they're happening until they're reported on after the fact. It's very frustrating being kept in the dark.

Don’t know if you have twitter or Facebook but if you are in Ontario; they have protests at Yonge Dundas square every Saturday starting at noon. They are organized by ‘The Line Canada’.
The same organization holds protests in almost all the provinces so check Facebook or Twitter for more details.
ETA: avoid double post

I also am convinced I had the rona in December of 2019. I work at a very multicultural place which consists of mainly Chinese people who travel to and from China frequently. Quite a few of us got what could be described as a bad cold; I got more sinus cold symptoms and my boss had flu like symptoms and was hospitalized; though her immune system is shit.
This was here way before any of us knew it.

Last edited:

benutz

kiwifarms.net
2Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

What they DON'T tell you about Covid: Fewer beds taken up than last year, deaths a fraction of the grim forecasts, 95% of fatalities had underlying causes... and how the facts can be twisted to strike fear in our hearts​

• Despite the fearmongering, the number of Covid-19 deaths is significantly lower than the peak back in April
  • Latest ONS estimate shows that in the week ending November 14, new infections were already levelling off
  • GCHQ has embedded a team in Downing Street to provide Boris Johnson with real-time updates of Covid-19

---

It really hit home to me today the massive impact of all this. I tried to do a couple of things - one was buying some stuff for some girlies I know, the other was booking a room for some other girlies I know. No dice. Nada. The whole fucking country is shut down. The shops are closed and no one is answering the phone. It's over. Some of those places will come back, but not all will. It's fucking carnage if you look at it from a wholesale widescale angle.

Oh, another thing I tried to do was buy a laptop for another girly I know. About the worst time in history to buy a sub 300 bucks laptop. In fact, my lady friend was prepared to pay even a little more, but no matter, there are no laptops left in the UK now unless you want to buy one for 400-500 bucks. I guess corona has made people buy more laptops for the kids who are getting schooled from home and all that. I guess schools have been buying more of the things as well. You can still get a 500 bucks laptop no problem, but the cheaper models have all run out. We ended up getting something semi-decent that was 200 quid. She wanted to spend more, but there was nothing left. I guess 2GB of RAM for winX will just have to do. Hopefully it can be upgraded and have a spare slot. Xmas don't help either.

We thought that 2020 was a wild ride, but we were only riding the crest of a wave. That wave keeps going and we had all better hope it does not crash and land on shore any time soon, because that is when the real fun starts.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a virus.
It's almost as if virus particles can travel between stitches in threads (or go up the nose if grossly left uncovered), travel further than 2m/6', aren't thwarted by groups of less than 10, and can mosey around those stupid sneeze guard things.

We're not cancelling OUR Thanksgiving; the only people not coming are millennials that are mask-cultists.
It's pretty much the same with my family too. I hate how the (social) media has brainwashed so many that there's no politics in coronapanic, and all these coronapanic measures are sane recommendations from competent health officials.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
My mother has COPD, and is in her mid-70s. She is undoubtedly a candidate for the "vulnerable" category, and that is exactly why my side of the family has taken the proper precautions with her ... And that's why I've been doing a 2-week strict quarantine so I can see her on Thanksgiving, and then doing the quarantine all over again right before Christmas this year.

At this point in time, though, what I fear most when it comes to my mom isn't the coof. It's the thought of her being in the hospital all alone for any medical scare, or, god forbid, other stuff I'd rather not mention. The longer these lockdowns take place, the higher the chances of my greatest fear being realized.

To the people cheering for these lockdowns to continue: The sincerest "fuck you" is directed right at you. You are the scum of the earth.

Govt. Shitposting Machine

Hitler was trans go read Mein Kampf
kiwifarms.net
Haven't posted about the ghetto-hospital-with-the-body-bags-falling-everywhere in a hot minute, new boss cause the last one randomly dipped out when COVID started, family's coworkers got tested positive so now their entire department had to be tested.
It's funny, right when shit was cooling off, they tested everyone and all the temps were tested positive so they were let go, but all the regular workers who arguable did much more work than the temps all somehow weren't sick despite not wearing masks while going in-between units and touching literally fucking everything. Of course there were some temps like that too but they had more of an eye on them so there was less rule breaking.
If you ask me, I think it was because the temps were getting too expensive, the hospitals budgets been out of whack because they'd much rather be building bigger gift shops and playgrounds for children that weren't even accessible to anyone pre-COVID. Gotta look nice for the CEOs!
The workers who tested positive are also the most crackheads out of the entire department, so it'll be fun to see who else gets their tests magically positive or not and gets sent off for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's just some retarded way to get all the "problematic" staff out for a few weeks while the new boss shakes things up a bit. Anyway my point is COVID testing is fucking sketchy as hell.
Also, this isn't really relevant to testing, but I heard some stories of people bringing up carts full of N-95s, they go looking for the head nurse, and the other doctors and nurses start swiping shit off the cart like fucking animals instead of following the system where only certain nurses and doctors can use them if their name is on some list. Quality staff right there kek.

TL;DR Tinfoil & blogposting