Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same shit, different day. Oh, before I can have a certain medical procedure I have to have a test. God forgive me since Nazi Newsom will use that number to keep breadwinners out of work.

MORE GRIM NEWS AS COUNTY'S CORONAVIRUS CASES REACH SECOND-HIGHEST WEEKLY TOTAL

• Up 958 this week — only late August was worse

Maybe it's because people are spending more time indoors, or maybe they're social distancing less, or it could be that something about the virus has changed. Whatever it is, Monterey County has just gone through a week with 958 new coronavirus infections, the Monterey County health department said, making this the county's worst week since Aug. 16-22, when there were 966.

The surge is a major disappointment, especially since just a little more than one month ago the county had a weekly total of 314 new cases and seemed to be on its way out of the state's most restrictive Purple Tier when it comes to the economic, school and social shutdowns.

Unfortunately, the deluge of new cases has pushed our 7-day average of new coronavirus infections per day per 100,000 residents all the way to 29.5 — a number so distant from the governor's 7.0 goal, it makes any talk of reopening sound like a fairy tale. Our 7-day testing positivity rate is also through the roof and now stands at 15.56 percent. The statewide rate is 5.9 percent.

This week's 958 cases mostly occurred, as they always do, in Salinas and the Salinas Valley, where there were 704, but the Peninsula is also experiencing a surge of its own. It had 137 cases during the week, including 49 in Seaside, 31 in Marina, 24 in Monterey, 14 in Carmel area (93923), 10 in Pacific Grove, four in Pebble Beach and two in Carmel Valley. Only Carmel-by-the-Sea and Big Sur had no cases, and there were three cases in the Peninsula with an "unspecified" location.

There were five more coronavirus-related fatalities this week, bringing the county's total to 113 and putting its death rate at .0002433, or 243.3 people per million residents. Also, 41 more hospitalizations with coronavirus were reported by the health department, and at the end of the week, CHOMP said it had nine inpatients with the virus, while Natividad said it had 21 and SVMH had 18.

For details about Monterey County's shutdown status, as announced by the California Department of Public Health, click here. To see the most up-to-date charts and tables from the county health department, click here. Below, you can also find the updated versions of our charts showing coronavirus infections countywide and in the Monterey Peninsula, along with the data for hospitalizations and our chart breaking down Monterey County's coronavirus cases and infection rates by zip code. Please check these charts and tables for the latest data on coronavirus cases in your community.

Couple of Reason articles.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Also this has been circulating:

View attachment 1742313
More people need to just come out and say "yes, millions of people getting sick and dying is a worthy and noble sacrifice so that billions of people don't have to live like rats smothered in cages because millions of people are getting sick and dying anyway no matter what we do." Most people would consider a few million dying to save billions from suffering, misery, and tyranny a very worthy sacrifice. Free countries forced many to sign up and sent them to suffering and their deaths in order to stop the Nazis and Japs from taking over the world 80 years ago and the governments prepared to do the same thing in case the communists tried to conquer the world 30-75 years ago.

Fliddaroonie

I'm a spooky ghost! Whooooo!!! Ectoplasm!!!!
kiwifarms.net
@JosephStalin: it could also be because the metrics have changed and they are calling ant death, no matter the cause within 28 days of a positive rona test, a death from it.

Seriously. That's the bullshit metric they are using in the UK. if you have a positive Corona test and die within 28 days you are classified as a Corona statistic. Doesn't matter how you die, it will automatically get put down as Corona and families are having to fight to get deaths recorded accurately.

The stats are a lie, the media are lying and PCR tests are NOT meant to be used on asymptomatic patients. Everything they are telling us is based on lies.

deeplyhigh

Projection is the Rosetta Stone to their behavior.
kiwifarms.net
It seems Walz may have overstepped by ending youth sports, especially hockey. People are finally protesting and at least one restaurant is open against the Tyrant’s orders.
8F514843-DC90-4C51-9B45-97A5225B64DE.jpeg
1DD900D4-9C68-4722-B3BA-4BB683A39176.jpeg
A1446B32-705F-4A71-8CB5-170E4A39227A.jpeg
AFB27269-6471-4C29-A0B9-3001D8FB0B18.jpeg
3F06D228-814D-4CA2-9146-0D6AEA6E1C8F.jpeg
3E026C5B-FEDD-4B0C-8080-81BE72D44477.jpeg
3E3D0ACF-C4CD-4EF8-BC3F-EB35592A517C.jpeg
04DC1CC5-EA1E-4C63-B0C0-8BAB62F6399D.jpeg
791213C0-E13B-4226-A912-AAC0B6DE1A5A.jpeg
63D809F4-2CA3-423D-888A-5B3BFDC9504A.jpeg
65D14974-D9AB-4245-A413-776D23D28D84.jpeg

Lifetime Fitness also wants real, legitimate data to support the Tyrant closing gyms again.
1B684B91-8A02-432A-B074-C0D6D2CE29D4.jpeg

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
It seems Walz may have overstepped by ending youth sports, especially hockey. People are finally protesting and at least one restaurant is open against the Tyrant’s orders.
View attachment 1742449
View attachment 1742451
View attachment 1742452
View attachment 1742455
View attachment 1742456
View attachment 1742457
View attachment 1742458
View attachment 1742459
View attachment 1742460
View attachment 1742453
View attachment 1742454

Lifetime Fitness also wants real, legitimate data to support the Tyrant closing gyms again.
View attachment 1742450

We'll see. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the revolt.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Indeed. People have been flooding the snitch line with fake and self-reports too. I will likely do the same on Thanksgiving. Some are also driving around to report state DFL politicians who are violating the order that day.

That's add more fuel to what Elon Musk mentionned once when he was tested twice, first time positive and second time negative.

Btw, Styx bitchuted about the second wave dissipating in many nations.

I don't know if someone else already mentionned it, in this clip, a so-called Top Pathologist from Canada talk about Corona-chan, take it with a pinch of salt.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've said it before, but another bullshit thing is that while they report on the (inflated) number of cases, they don't tell us how many have recovered. Just like number of deaths is inflated.

we're all gonna die
Death could be better than "living" in this dystopian hell of Clown World where the "New Normal" never ends. But "COVID-19 will kill us all" is like saying "the flu will kill us all".*

*("It's just a flu bro" meme could've been made up by assholes who want us to Trust The Science® and be constantly afraid.)

Last edited:

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some news on Europe. the Police in a bunch of countries is close to breakingpoint after weeks of demonstrations.
3rd time they had to use water cannons to keep a rowdy crowed at bay in berlin, Slovakian Police gave up last week in Preßburg, Italia and France are burning(like always)
and Greece is close to a right wing coup.
Speaking of which, I saw this tweet. I have no idea how true it is, so imbibe a healthy amount of salt.
Capture.PNG

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
In utter amazement, I was able to go to my scheduled Doctor visit today. (Just the run of the mill yearly physical and blood work to make sure nothing's wrong and/or catch things early.) I scheduled it last November and I thought there would be no way in hell they'd keep the appointment.

It's worth checking your local general provider if you've been putting off Dr. visits this year. Not everywhere is shutting down to emergency only just yet.

It was encouraging seeing all the staff clean down everything. The second anything moved or was touched orderlies were spraying things down and cleaning.

Reactions: s0mbra

Homegrown Homophobia

kiwifarms.net
Apparently every Southern California county sheriff either refuses to enforce Fuhrer Newsom's curfew or are just going to "educate you" (I.E. give you a spiel about the curfew) if deputies encounter you like LA County.

Also NGL, there are a lot of days where I plan to take a rest day from running but push myself to go anyway to rustle some jimmies with the mask nazis.

Some news on Europe. the Police in a bunch of countries is close to breakingpoint after weeks of demonstrations.
3rd time they had to use water cannons to keep a rowdy crowed at bay in berlin, Slovakian Police gave up last week in Preßburg, Italia and France are burning(like always)
and Greece is close to a right wing coup.

I was watching an old movie on Oliver Cromwell that seemed scarily relevant with the civil war between the Cavaliers and Roundheads. I can totally see Boris Johnson kicking off the 2nd English Civil War with his bullshit mask mandates.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Some thoughts: bear in mind I’m not directly involved with any of these nor have I seen any interim data that’s not public.

Moderna have never had a product to market before.
Astra Zeneca have had some eyebrow raising side effects.
Pfizer obviously have a track record and are competent.
Moderna’s jab is shipped at regular conditions for dispensing whereas Pfizer’s needs a -80 freezer and that alone is going to be a logistical ballache that will probably need the army involved, because they’re very good at logistics.

all the trials right now are going on interim analyses. What normally happens with a trial is that you do the trial, and collect safety data as you go. You do interim analysis as you go and safety reports are monitored in real time. EVERY adverse event report is scrutinised. If anything horrific comes up the trial can be paused, or stopped, and sometimes if your drug is a miraculous wonder the trial gets stopped so everyone can have it. But mainly you do the trial and present the final data to the regulators and they go over it. The Astra Zeneca trial has been paused once already.

what’s happening here is that all the companies involved have permission to drip feed that data to the regulators as they go. So these are not final analyses they are interim ones.

so some bits are not being skipped, just done on the hoof, but my main worry is sample size and follow up duration. The adverse events you see after six months of trial in 30k people are not necessarily what you’d see in millions after years. The power of the sample size is maybe not big enough to pick up rarer events. Let’s say there’s a 1/30,000 side effect - are you going to see that in your 30k trial population? Probably not as half are taking a placebo here. Now vaccinate a billion people. How many will you See?

mRNA is a new vaccine platform - there’s a lot we don’t know about it. The background work suggests it should be safe but should isn’t good enough IMO. I also worry about quality control in manufacturing and shipping so many doses in such a short time, under such pressure.

I am pro vaccine in general, but thorough testing is what makes drugs safe and rushed drugs and vaccines have a history of disaster. I am also pretty concerned about how much public money is being used to go straight into this, and with what kind of oversight and due diligence. And what kind of coercion, in terms of surveillance, and requirements for employment and travel. We are talking about billions of dollars here. That’s a lot of temptation.

To be clear, i am not anti vaccination. I work in the industry and I’m vaccinated against plenty of stuff, my kids have had all their jabs and a couple more. But... I am cautious about this and concerned at the scale and speed and logistics and implications. I also value individual freedom highly and would never support compulsory vaccinations for anything. It’s concerning to me that people with deep knowledge of the industry can be labelled as loons for voicing quite reasonable queries.

I guess we will see. I won’t be taking any of them until a few hundred million other people have for several years and I am old enough for the risk/benefit calculation to shift a bit. Obviously if someone is 95 or highly vulnerable they may feel differently.

A little bit of thread clutter but I want to thank you for replying - I always appreciate your takes on this stuff because you obviously have experience and insight I don't. And I'm not anti-vaccine. either. I've had all the mandatory ones (or the ones when you're too young to object) plus a bunch of extra ones I specifically requested. I like the principle of the traditional vaccine and I'm not even necessarily against MRA vaccines (though they're alarmingly new). I just don't want to be forced to take something insufficiently tested with massive political and financial incentive to rush out the door unless I'm happy to. Especially for something that imo is equivalent to the flu.

Scientists are fine (though as corruptible and ego-driven as anyone else). But the science cult, that will lecture anyone and everyone for being a "science denier" based on their programming is frustrating as Hell. I had one back in Feb or March smugly teling me how masks were useless because that's what the WHO were putting out at the time. I'd say I wonder what he thinks of that conversation today except that I am quite sure he doesn't think of it at all. And if he does will just rationalise it as "they needed to lie to us for our own good".

More people need to just come out and say "yes, millions of people getting sick and dying is a worthy and noble sacrifice so that billions of people don't have to live like rats smothered in cages because millions of people are getting sick and dying anyway no matter what we do." Most people would consider a few million dying to save billions from suffering, misery, and tyranny a very worthy sacrifice. Free countries forced many to sign up and sent them to suffering and their deaths in order to stop the Nazis and Japs from taking over the world 80 years ago and the governments prepared to do the same thing in case the communists tried to conquer the world 30-75 years ago.
Even the above is granting them too much because deaths are not on one side. Even take out the misery and economic hardship and you're still going to have suicides, untreated illnesses because of the suspension of medical care in favour of COVID, increased poor diet and depression. Also, I'm going to say it - not all lives are necessarily equal. I am genuinely sorry for any 83 year old who passes a year earlier than they might have due to Covid, but do we want to wreck a whole generation's worth of children's education (just to pick one small factor) for that 83-year old's sake? And more than this - did anyone ask the 83 year old if she wanted everyone to wreck her grand-kids lives for her? Because I've seen a lot of old people who are strongly opposed to these measures and they're the one's supposedly protected.

These people really cannot see anything beyond their “more empathetic than thou” lens, can they? Every argument is merely an attempted guilt trip over how they’re much more nice and caring than you are.

Jonathan Haidt was right.

The endless use of guilt-tripping and other appeals to emotion is ultimately going to result in people hardening their hearts just out of defence. Eventually the thousand-papercuts of daily wheedling pressure is just going to produce people who say: "No, I don't give a fuck at all."

I was watching an old movie on Oliver Cromwell that seemed scarily relevant with the civil war between the Cavaliers and Roundheads. I can totally see Boris Johnson kicking off the 2nd English Civil War with his bullshit mask mandates.
I would choose this over a population that meekly does whatever it is told. Surely, somewhere in those cold English hearts, there is spark enough to ignite again.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haven't said this in a while, but I appreciate everyone's inputs. Believe everyone reading and participating has learned something over this TEN months. Jesus, we all though this shit would be history by 4 July.

Believe this thread has done a great deal of good, not just for the straight information provided but for the mutual support. WE know what's really going on. Others are finally waking up. Like to think people use info from here to help them throw off the shackles of the fearmongerers.

Haven't been posting much these days. I'm just fine, these days feeling great due to a recent change in meds. Pro tip: listen to what the doctor says, that's why they are doctors. Been working on a personal project which takes time, but I enjoy greatly.

I also want to thank the mods for their tolerance of my double-posting sometimes, and their support overall. Also appreciate everyone who has helped the thread stay on a reasonable track and not degenerate into total shitposting.

Let me be the first to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving. And yes, we can all find something to give thanks for. 👍

Last edited:

verissimus

kiwifarms.net