Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
I saw this shit on tumblr, this can be summarized into that
View attachment 2068943
-Abandon your liberty, so we can regain it
-I wonder if he get at how much this statement is illogical
To be fair, if you accept that lockdowns are effective (lol) and the only effective way to deal with the coof, and also believe that one can be infected an indefinite number of times without acquiring any immunity, then doing them earlier does mean more freedom later because the more it spreads, the harder it will be to eradicate, and if you simply let it be you'll eventually get medieval-tier death rates from disease because it will just keep re-infecting people over and over until it gets the kill (which most people, especially in our zero-risk boomer society with harm reduction as the sole moral imperative, could never accept). If you accept those premises then it's as logical as making money by spending it on investments.

4AMPudding

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, if you accept that lockdowns are effective (lol) and the only effective way to deal with the coof, and also believe that one can be infected an indefinite number of times without acquiring any immunity, then doing them earlier does mean more freedom later because the more it spreads, the harder it will be to eradicate, and if you simply let it be you'll eventually get medieval-tier death rates from disease because it will just keep re-infecting people over and over until it gets the kill. If you accept those premises then it's as logical as making money by spending it on investments.
But we didn't, and the leftists in the gov at the time refused to actually lockdown like trump wanted and here we are now. if only the left wasnt trying to bootlick china 24/7 we could have prevented all flights to and from there.

Jar-Jar Fanboy

kiwifarms.net
We do, most Canadians believe in this shit because our entire identity, from its inception, was flexing about how not-American we are. Though our news is so dominated by foreign events that domestic politics is the preserve of the activist crowd.

The argument tends to run "sure, the current case count may be small, but that's because we lock down whenever it clears some tiny threshold. Else it would grow exponentially and we'd have 1% of our population die to the coof just like America is approaching. " (& yes, I know it's only about 0.15% so far).
You know what? Fuck it, I'm a fucking Leaf, and every day I pray to wake up to the news that Texas has decided to rise up and conquer us. Please, for the love of God, just let Canada become North Texas. I'm so sick of this shit. At the very least, I want Doug Ford's boot off my fucking neck. He's a fat cunt, and the weight's really starting to hurt

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
kiwifarms.net
Last time I'll power level, promise, but I think it's relevant to the topic.

My mom had gotten the Moderna shot. As a tiny little minor side effect, she got this shit, which is fatal if untreated. I'm no doctor, but my family has talked to multiple over the past few weeks, and they all believe it's more likely that not that it was a direct result of the shot. She (hopefully) gets out of the hospital tomorrow after cheating the reaper.

I have nothing against vaccines in general, and if you choose to get this one that's your call. But if you think they're just magic science juice that makes it so no bad things happen and everybody should be forced to Trust the Science™ (for their own good of course), you are retarded and I personally fucking hate you.

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net
I just wanted info info from people who have had it on side effects etc. Lol calm down faggot
I haven't had it, but I know a bunch of people who have and they have either:

- felt like total shit for a day or two with flu-like symptoms
- had a sore arm
- had no side effects at all

Honestly if you're apprehensive about it, just wait. It's a new vaccine and there are millions of willing guinea pigs to risk any worrying side effects. If it makes you feel better: The majority of vaccines in the past have shown that major adverse side effects within a month at most. If people were dropping dead or developing horrible autoimmune disorders en masse, we'd know by now, especially considering human trials started in like June or July of last year. I know everyone here thinks Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates and the NWO would try to keep shit like that under wraps, but in this day and age something major can't stay hidden. Sure, it might not get mainstream media coverage or it might get brushed off as a conspiracy theory, but has any of that cropped up? Not to my knowledge. Even the posters on abovetopsecret are like, "Cool, looks like it works."

edit to add: Study came out recently that the vax provides up to 6 months of immune response and people are already freaking out thinking "IT ONLY LASTS FOR 6 MONTHS OH GOD WHEN CAN I GET MY BOOSTER SHOT??" :story: Holy shit, how do people survive with such poor reading comprehension? "Up to" does not mean "only". Secondly, another study showed that the T cell response is way more important in immunity against COVID than initially thought. This shit will for sure become a nothingburger in a few months. The fact that the super scary UK variant is apparently rampaging through the USA and cases, hospitalizations and deaths are still dropping in the majority of the country goes to show you how fucking desperate the powers that be were to establish some semblance of control over their citizens. Get fucked, dems.

Last edited:

Derka Derka

Cruising Bakalakadaka Street
kiwifarms.net
The majority of vaccines in the past have shown that major adverse side effects within a month at most.

The majority of people infected with Covid19 have no/mild symptoms.

It's the hospitalization, deaths from old/obese/immunocompromised and "long covid" that had the high visibility headlines.

Now we will see the same alarmist headlines from the rushed/tested in the field vaccines
(Already started with AZ)

Personally I am not going to be a beta tester ... I'd rather catch the WuFlu, until all the clinical testing is complete and they get proper FDA signoff.

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net
The majority of people infected with Covid19 have no/mild symptoms.

It's the hospitalization, deaths from old/obese/immunocompromised and "long covid" that had the high visibility headlines.

Now we will see the same alarmist headlines from the rushed/tested in the field vaccines
(Already started with AZ)

Personally I am not going to be a beta tester ... I'd rather catch the WuFlu, until all the clinical testing is complete and they get proper FDA signoff.
Yep, the people who had bad experiences with something are the ones who will always speak the loudest, especially when it comes to medicine. Because health issues are such a personal thing if someone doesn't see positive results immediately or at all it becomes a massive issue for them. People who are satisfied or not affected by something generally just go on with their lives. People who feel they've been wronged feel the need to speak out.

At least half the people I know who got Moderna or Pfizer have felt sick and crappy for a day or two afterwords. Is that normal for vaccines?
Generally, yes. Look at all the people who get the flu vaccine and then say "I GOT THE FLU RIGHT AFTER I GOT THE VACCINE!" No, that's the immune response from the vaccine. Your immune system is recognizing that there is something in your body that it needs to attack, and the attack results in inflammatory symptoms. A lot of what you experience during an illness or after vaccination are your immune system trying to fight whatever pathogen is invading your body, not always the pathogen itself.

The Great Citracett

I never seen a man eat so many chicken wings...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like the CDC is unironically using the NPC meme to push vaccines.

FB_IMG_1617856979843.jpg

Fanatical Pragmatist

A garbage human being
kiwifarms.net
More horseshit. They never actually give numbers. Not even the typical "oh it tripled!" or something like that where the "tripling" is going from 10 ICU patients to 30 for an entire city. Just "oh it's spiraling!" The only numbers once again are cases and some bullshit about activists being involved with agitating for some of these plans.
This whole thing has been a slough of disingenuous promises and talking points.
15 days to flatten the curve? How's that going?
Wait until a vaccine is available? Last I checked they have been since December.
Oh we need to reach herd immunity ("but only vaccine induced herd immunity!")? What fucking % of the population is that?
Oh we got new variants so we need to stay masked up? How fucking long?
No matter how long you wade through the slough, it never fucking ends. There is always some new arbitrary goal that will change, some fucking new confounding factor that makes all the wading you just did moot.

I remember arguing with someone here about how lethal COVID was, and they were trying to claim it was >13%, to which in the face of peer-reviewed studies backed down and admitted (surprisingly) that it was much, much lower (e.g. 0.2-0.4%) but that was "still too deadly".

There is just no burden of evidence, no final stationary goal post that must be proven to get them to back off their opinions. Simply put the fact that COVID exists is all the justification they need for all the shit they support, no matter how much you prove otherwise.
Wasn't the Bors society comic a smash hit among its target audience? They may be similar in that way.
Yes.
My boomer grandmother will stare share that shit on an almost annual basis in an attempt to look intellectual or hip or something, idk, and I have an old acquaintance from waaaaaayyyyyy back in middle school (we used to be best buds) who drank the soy and I've seen him paste that shit into a comment section.

Which is why it brought joy to me when the internet introduced me to the number of people who also mocked the shit out of that silly comic.
At least half the people I know who got Moderna or Pfizer have felt sick and crappy for a day or two afterwords. Is that normal for vaccines?
Yes.
That's admittedly quite normal. There are plenty of fair reasons to be skeptical about this round of vaccines, but sore arms & fatigue/cold symptoms shortly afterwards is a relatively common side effect.
I've gotten jabs before traveling to jungle countries before, and in one case the Yellow Fever shot seriously made me sick as fuck and alternating between the bed, toilet & shower. Still beats real YF though.

Meriasek

kiwifarms.net
So we had a lack of reporting of cases over the Easter holidays, and while we have this dip of reported tests every weekend, these four instead of two days will totally cause backlog of tests that will last several weeks instead of just a few days as usual, so any dip in the numbers we see now are unreliable and we're all going to dieeeeeeeeeeeee.
Exponential growth doesn't just go away, and if it does, IT DOESN'T.

Derka Derka

Cruising Bakalakadaka Street
kiwifarms.net

My company has been offering Flu vaccines for more than a decade, on-site

The office building holds about 600 people ... about 2/3rd (400) get the vaccine.

Typically a dozen or so will head home for the day (some just wanted a free day off .. I have done that on occasion) and every other year we hear about someone who fell ill, and stayed home for a few days.

The worst I ever got was a sore arm and feeling a little light headed.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
Covid: UK vaccine rollout 'breaking link' between infections and death

Increasingly strong evidence shows that the UK's vaccination programme is breaking the link between Covid-19 cases and deaths, scientists tracking the epidemic have said.
A study found infections had fallen by roughly two-thirds since February, before beginning to level off.
This is probably because people are beginning to mix more - but deaths have not followed the same pattern.
This was not the case before January, when the vaccine rollout began.
The research, commissioned by the government and run by Imperial College London, is based on swabs taken from 140,000 people selected to represent England's population.
Of that group, who were tested for the virus between 11 and 30 March, 227 had a positive result, giving a rate of 0.2%, or one in 500 people.
But in people over the age of 65, the infection rate was half that with one in 1,000 people testing positive for Covid.
During the period of 4 to 23 February, when the React study was last carried out, an estimated one in 200 people in England had the virus.
This represented a two-thirds fall since January and, at that time, it was almost entirely down to lockdown.
Now, scientists can identify decreases which are being driven by vaccination.

Infections most common in children​

After a significant fall between February and March, during the roughly three-week period to the end of March, cases were "just about flat", said Prof Stephen Riley at Imperial College London, one of the study's authors.
They estimated the virus's reproduction number during this period up to the end of March to be one, meaning the epidemic is level but not receding.
"Since the first substantial relaxation of lockdown in England with the opening of schools on 8 March 2021, the rate of decline of new cases has slowed considerably," the report said.
Infections were most common in primary and early secondary school-aged children (five to 12-year-olds) and lowest in the over-65s, which the Imperial team said was "consistent with an effect from the vaccination rollout".
The flattening off "probably does reflect increased social mixing", Prof Riley said, and some of that will be to do with schools opening up.
He said it was "gratifying", however, that rates did not go up when schools reopened, which he said was "certainly a possibility".
Scientists and government would need to keep a "close watching brief as the lockdown gets eased further", Prof Riley said. But, he explained, the faster the vaccine is rolled out, the less increased contact will lead to an increase in cases.
Coronavirus data in the UK

line

More than 5.6 million people have now been fully vaccinated with two doses in the UK, while 31.7 million have had a first dose.
Fresh guidance was issued on Wednesday recommending that under-30s in the UK should be offered a different Covid vaccine to the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab, after a review found a potential link to rare blood clots.
The UK's medicines regulator said there was no proof the jab had caused the clots, but the link was getting firmer.
Some European countries have restricted use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and the EU's medicines regulator has said unusual blood clots should be listed as a possible very rare side-effect of the jab.
Experts and politicians have sought to reassure people that the blood clot events are very rare, and the change to the rollout plan does not affect the plan to offer all adults a first dose by the end of July.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged people to continue getting the AstraZeneca jab, tweeting that it had "already saved thousands of lives" and people should "continue to have full confidence in vaccines".
Graphic showing harm vs benefits of AZ vaccine

Presentational grey line

The UK reported a further 45 deaths from Covid-19 and another 2,763 confirmed cases on Wednesday.
Vaccinations remained low after the Easter weekend, with 186,793 second doses administered and 85,227 first doses.
Of the vaccines currently approved for use, the UK has ordered the most of the AstraZeneca jab - 100 million doses. It has bought 40 million of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab and 17 million of Moderna.

Nice, glad the vaccines are stopping the new normal those anti vaxxers really want.

teriyakiburns

Uncle O'Ruckus
kiwifarms.net
Covid: UK vaccine rollout 'breaking link' between infections and death

Increasingly strong evidence shows that the UK's vaccination programme is breaking the link between Covid-19 cases and deaths, scientists tracking the epidemic have said.
A study found infections had fallen by roughly two-thirds since February, before beginning to level off.
This is probably because people are beginning to mix more - but deaths have not followed the same pattern.
This was not the case before January, when the vaccine rollout began.
The research, commissioned by the government and run by Imperial College London, is based on swabs taken from 140,000 people selected to represent England's population.
Of that group, who were tested for the virus between 11 and 30 March, 227 had a positive result, giving a rate of 0.2%, or one in 500 people.
But in people over the age of 65, the infection rate was half that with one in 1,000 people testing positive for Covid.
During the period of 4 to 23 February, when the React study was last carried out, an estimated one in 200 people in England had the virus.
This represented a two-thirds fall since January and, at that time, it was almost entirely down to lockdown.
Now, scientists can identify decreases which are being driven by vaccination.

Infections most common in children​

After a significant fall between February and March, during the roughly three-week period to the end of March, cases were "just about flat", said Prof Stephen Riley at Imperial College London, one of the study's authors.
They estimated the virus's reproduction number during this period up to the end of March to be one, meaning the epidemic is level but not receding.
"Since the first substantial relaxation of lockdown in England with the opening of schools on 8 March 2021, the rate of decline of new cases has slowed considerably," the report said.
Infections were most common in primary and early secondary school-aged children (five to 12-year-olds) and lowest in the over-65s, which the Imperial team said was "consistent with an effect from the vaccination rollout".
The flattening off "probably does reflect increased social mixing", Prof Riley said, and some of that will be to do with schools opening up.
He said it was "gratifying", however, that rates did not go up when schools reopened, which he said was "certainly a possibility".
Scientists and government would need to keep a "close watching brief as the lockdown gets eased further", Prof Riley said. But, he explained, the faster the vaccine is rolled out, the less increased contact will lead to an increase in cases.
Coronavirus data in the UK

line

More than 5.6 million people have now been fully vaccinated with two doses in the UK, while 31.7 million have had a first dose.
Fresh guidance was issued on Wednesday recommending that under-30s in the UK should be offered a different Covid vaccine to the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab, after a review found a potential link to rare blood clots.
The UK's medicines regulator said there was no proof the jab had caused the clots, but the link was getting firmer.
Some European countries have restricted use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and the EU's medicines regulator has said unusual blood clots should be listed as a possible very rare side-effect of the jab.
Experts and politicians have sought to reassure people that the blood clot events are very rare, and the change to the rollout plan does not affect the plan to offer all adults a first dose by the end of July.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged people to continue getting the AstraZeneca jab, tweeting that it had "already saved thousands of lives" and people should "continue to have full confidence in vaccines".
Graphic showing harm vs benefits of AZ vaccine

Presentational grey line

The UK reported a further 45 deaths from Covid-19 and another 2,763 confirmed cases on Wednesday.
Vaccinations remained low after the Easter weekend, with 186,793 second doses administered and 85,227 first doses.
Of the vaccines currently approved for use, the UK has ordered the most of the AstraZeneca jab - 100 million doses. It has bought 40 million of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab and 17 million of Moderna.

Nice, glad the vaccines are stopping the new normal those anti vaxxers really want.
You get an informative for the article, but you're still a tard and a faggot.