Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Lol this shit looks like something out of a zombie movie.

View attachment 1156074

Interesting comparative tracker from the same account.

View attachment 1156085

Additional video of Chinese authorities welding people in.

View attachment 1156107
Long incubation period plus attempted cover up gives coronavirus a weird curve. Also jesus christ ebola. 60+% fatality rate.

What blows my mind about all of this is how Corona chan seems to be able to still slip past despite such extreme measures.
Because it was already there. That's what happens when you cover shit up for a month before doing anything. These measures are putting bandaids on a slit throat.

BiggusDickus

kiwifarms.net

Has this been mentioned before? People in South Korea have been defying bans to protest for the president's imprisonment.

A quick search and it has to do with his politics?

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Long incubation period plus attempted cover up gives coronavirus a weird curve. Also jesus christ ebola. 60+% fatality rate.

Because it was already there. That's what happens when you cover shit up for a month before doing anything. These measures are putting bandaids on a slit throat.
It has a lot of doomsday tier characteristics. Mutates easily, contagious without symptoms, multiple infection vectors, very slow killing, apparently hard to test for, and the potential for reinfection. The big thing I don't think people have fully come to grips with yet is that even with the obviously understated death rate, you have to realize that the people who are recovering are mostly doing so in full ICU care, and with artificial ventilation. If doctors keep getting sick, or even if they just get overwhelmed by sheer numbers of patients then you'll eventually see that number skyrocket because it will be impossible to treat everyone.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not yet convinced of potential for reinfection. Nor have I heard of it mutating any easier than any of its cousins. Though really all viruses are pretty bad about that.
Well, the strain in Iran has already been announced to have been a different strain. They're claiming it didn't originate from China, but I'd say that should be taken with a massive grain of salt. As for it reinfecting, it's very much possible. If during a mutation a virus's protein coat (capsid) changes, then in most instances it will bypass any immunity developed for a different strain of the virus.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Well, the strain in Iran has already been announced to have been a different strain. They're claiming it didn't originate from China, but I'd say that should be taken with a massive grain of salt. As for it reinfecting, it's very much possible. If during a mutation a virus's protein coat (capsid) changes, then in most instances it will bypass any immunity developed for a different strain of the virus.
I know it's possible, I just haven't heard of any confirmed cases yet. It's just down to luck, really.

This_is_a_Throwaway

kiwifarms.net
1582348414829.png

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really in the long run I think this might be a net good. The economy needs a good shock to topple the entrenched but maladapted strategies that take root from time to time. As long as this doesn't go full swine flu, or the government doesn't do stupid shit like bail out everyone over a certain size.
The ideal would be that China, and the companies which sold out their home nations for cheap labor all collapse over this, but that's so far off it's not even worth speculating on right now imo.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They'd keep all the food for the cities that they approve of.

Not looking at food to be rationed. Would look at computers, peripherals, TVs, certain appliances and cell phones to be rationed, for starters. May need to ration certain medicines. May need to ration certain chemicals, parts, tires. With a bipartisan committee less chance of favoritism, better chance of fairness for everyone.

Would need to have rationing continue until new supplies of products became available. Here, would expect to see more and more things coming from places other than China. Believe this virus has been a powerful force to drive foreign manufacturers out of China. The world got lucky just in time. We can get by, with some difficulty until the new factories start producing. A few more years longer, and we'd have been up shit creek.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think the Chinese citizens will take well to such "liquidation" when it comes.

Going by 20th Century History, the Chinese people may sadly be the most compliant people to ever (briefly ) live when it comes to “liquidation”. They have been subjected to it so often and in such great numbers from a horrifying parade of liquidators, both foreign and domestic.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not even confirmed it's an escapee from a lab, although it's entirely possible. Honestly could go either way.

I think the betting odds, and Occam’s Razor all show “Fuck up at the Wuhan CDC lab attached to the first hospital to see Corona Chan, and 1 block from the Wetmarket, as the likely origin point.the lab that is or was working with live bats.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I think the betting odds, and Occam’s Razor all show “Fuck up at the Wuhan CDC lab attached to the first hospital to see Corona Chan, and 1 block from the Wetmarket, as the likely origin point.the lab that is or was working with live bats.
The most fun scenario is the one where it's both because some retard sold an infected bat on the market after they were done with it.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Has this been mentioned before? People in South Korea have been defying bans to protest for the president's imprisonment.

A quick search and it has to do with his politics?
Many people there hate commies more than they fear Corona-chan.

Mammamia in Naziland

kiwifarms.net
First Italian death, a 78 yo male (& miscellanea)

- The oldest infected guy kicked the bucket; his conditions were already critical yesterday, when he was officially confirmed infected.
- He was hospitalized for a week with 600 other persons, for some of which the preliminary test already came positive.
- This in Veneto is a second hotbed, unrelated to the one in Lombardy. Speaking of which:
- The patient zero swears he's always been fine (the freaking untore). He came back with a direct fly from Shanghai, and met the first infected half a dozen times between the 1st and the 8th of Februar. At the time he actually was suffering from light flu-like symptoms but they did not seem to bother him, despite the news coming from China.
- Yesterday evening they already interviewed his father who proceeded to tell the sad tale of his son, awoken in the night and taken away for testing, the poor thing, but he's fine, everyone's fine, even his little grandchildren, but now everyone is acting scared and avoiding them, they are all Chatolics and asking God to protect them, they are just victims yunno, woe is me...
- And then, plot fucking twist, the brother-in-law of patient zero just turned out positive, joke's on you granpa!
- Between today and tomorrow they fill find if he has antibodies for Corona-chan, i.e. if he got sick and recovered before they tested him. On his part he says that until yesterday night he "knew nothing about this virus". What an asshole.

Just to clarify, as I saw someone upthread asking, the infected (and the dead) are all ethnically Italian, including the supposed patient zero who spends most of his time in China.

My two cents: single European countries, like Italy, halting flights to and from China won't stop a thing, as for example France still allows them. Yesterday there was a scare about a Chinese family feeling unwell in Genoa, they couldn't reach Italy directly so they just flew to France and then moved by train. They tested negative, anyway.
You either suspend Schengen or decide as a block to interrupt flights with China. Otherwise you will just keep getting this yellow monkeys roaming in Europe and spreading shit until they get to their intended destination.

EDIT:
Just in: second death, a woman connected to the first hotbed. 30 cases in total and rising.
The woman was 75 yo, she was at the emergency department when patient 1 went there. She died at her home with pneumonia-like symptoms. Test run post-mortem.

Last edited: