Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

BONE_Buddy

Guaranteed Same Day Delivery.
kiwifarms.net
WUHAN VIRUS/Taiwan records first COVID-19 hospital cluster cases (update)

Taipei, Feb. 29 (CNA) Taiwan has confirmed five new cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus, including four who are believed to have been infected in a hospital, bringing the country's total number of cases to 39, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.

Four of the new cases, including three nurses and one janitor, likely caught the virus through contact with the 34th case, who spent time in the hospital before being diagnosed, the CECC said.

According to the CECC, the 34th case is a northern Taiwan woman in her 50s who suffers from diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and has no recent history of travel abroad. The source of infection for her case is currently unknown.

On Feb. 14, the woman sought medical attention for fatigue and was admitted to the hospital. However, she did not manifest any symptoms of the virus until Feb. 21, when she developed a cough and fever, leading to her diagnosis, the command center said.

Regarding the new cases, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) said the 35th case is a janitor who was in contact with the woman during her time in the emergency room, while cases 36-38 are nurses who treated the woman after she was moved into the hospital's general ward.

All four of the cases developed symptoms of the virus, including a cough, runny nose and fever, between Feb. 18-25, and were tested for the virus following the woman's diagnosis, Chen said.

On Saturday, lab results showed that the four had tested positive, he added.

Regarding the hospital where the transmission occurred, Chen said the rooms occupied by the 34th case have been closed for sanitation and that all hospital staff, patients and other confirmed contacts with the woman prior to her diagnosis have been placed under quarantine while they are tested for the virus.

Those who test negative for the virus twice will be placed under home isolation for 14 days, and then tested a final time upon completion of the quarantine period, Chen said.

The patients who shared hospital rooms with the woman, meanwhile, have been quarantined at designated medical facilities, Chen said.

As of Saturday, the CECC has identified 270 people who came into contact with cases 34-38.

From that group, 186 people have been tested for the virus, of whom 183 tested negative and the remaining three are still awaiting results.

In light of the hospital cluster, the health minister urged people to visit local clinics for non-emergency medical treatment in order to prevent the over-burdening of hospital resources.

Meanwhile, the CECC announced Taiwan's 39th case of the virus Saturday in a northern Taiwan woman in her 60s who was part of a 37-member tour group to Dubai and Egypt between Jan. 29 and Feb. 21.

According to the command center, the woman developed a sore throat and cough while in Egypt Feb. 20, and sought medical attention after returning to Taiwan the following day.

On Wednesday, her cough became more severe, and she began suffering from other symptoms, including abdominal pain, vomiting and breathing difficulties.

The woman was tested for the virus on Friday and moved to a negative-pressure isolation room for treatment after her diagnosis was confirmed on Saturday, the CECC said.

Based on the timing of her case, Taiwan's medical authorities believe the woman likely contracted the virus abroad, and are currently investigating whether other members of the tour group or their family members have been infected.

The two countries visited by the woman -- the United Arab Emirates and Egypt -- had 19 and one reported case of the virus, respectively, as of Saturday.

RoC Virus.jpg

-End of Article-
There should probably be a sub-form for this coronavirus, this thread is being overwhelmed by autistic sperglords.

As an aside, at the risk of becoming one of those spergs:

Imagine the average faceless, unelected, government bureaucrat. People have been shit-talking most every government and its associated incompetence since page 1.

Now imagine them running your everyday healthcare and deciding what you need.

Now remember that 50% of them will be worse than that.

/sperg

Clones of Alex Jones

Deus Ex Wasn't a Game it Was a Prophecy
kiwifarms.net
This video was pretty informative regarding what increased patient fatality rates. Higher age and specific comorbid disorders (health issues) i.e. heart disease, diabetes, etc... and if you get the virus what you can if you get infected to minimize spreading it to others.

With all the recommendations in the thread, I haven't seen a lot of talk about prepared food being a potential vector. I'd expect fast food, takeout, and restaurants in general are all things to avoid if you live in California or Washington.
Dude I love fast food so much I made sure to hit up my favorite places before the virus hits a couple weeks ago. Because who knows how long it will take this thing to pass. I hope @Otterly isn't right about it taking 18 months.

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Central FL, was at Wal Mart for shoes and a wallet as mine are both not-dead-yet but rapidly getting there. So figured get my cheap china shit while it's still there. Glanced at the pharmacy area.
Went to my local walmart. 98% out of water. Guy was stocking gallon distilled. They did put out some cases of water but I bet they're already gone. Talked with the guy stocking and he mentioned the same thing happened yesterday. Peanut Butter pretty much gone. Lot of cereal and ramen gone. TP pretty much gone. A lot of pain killers gone too. Soda, Milk, and Bread still available strangely. My state has like 1 case from that cruse ship and that person is pretty isolated.

remiem

The Lost Temple
kiwifarms.net
Has the reinfection thing been confirmed outside of the single woman in japan? Other then in china, I mean.

Has anything really been confirmed at this point? Symptoms, how it spreads, whose most affected, how dangerous it really is, if the tests work correctly, if people are even being tested, etc. We're 500 pages in and there's not really anything that's a concrete- here is this file listing everything you should know about WuFlu. Everyone has some ideas but nothing is truly known.

We've seen other reports of patients who are 'recovered' but then tested positive but I have the sneaking suspicion that this relates that they are no longer symptomatic and are post-WuFlu on a technicality- they're still able to pass it on. It's not like a human body can't catch more than one thing at once. Someone could have the regular flu and wuflu at the same time and technically not be symptomatic of the wuflu but be symptomatic for the regular flu and test positive for wuflu as they're still in the incubation period.

Final Answer. No one really knows.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck, I just deleted a big huge sperg about the Prophecy of the Popes so I wouldn't get bitchslapped by the mods. Just know that the Prophecy is very likely a piece of shit.

I was worried that the media would hammer home the WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING DIE FROM CORONACHAN OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111" sperging until the entire fucking country raced to Costco and Walmart and stripped the shelves bare in imitation of those shitty disaster movies that used to be popular. Other posters have said that it's boomers going apeshit, the same generation that remembers The Day After and other 70s and 80s disaster movies where people race to the stores and just knock stuff into their carts willynilly with their arms.

If there is suddenly a massive traffic jam in every big city in America as all the boomertards try to flee to the countryside, you fucking own this motherfucker, CNN et al! Trump already hates your fucking guts, if you fuckers cause a mass panic the God Emperor is gonna haul your asses into court and then lock you away for a VERY FUCKING LONG time.

You wanna create a disaster so you can report on it in order to increase your ad budgets, you should remember a line from one of Glenn Beck's shitty novels: "What they all forgot was, once you unleash pandemonium onto the world you can't just easily whistle it back into the box."

You mean the Prophecy from the Irish Saint Malachy? Just take note that a fairly longstanding Irish term for complete and utter bullshit is "Malarchy"

Niggaplease

are you dumb stupid or dumb?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seriously, this thread is not your personal blog.
niggas my pharmacy ran out of gabatin and my dealers out of weed. Well this sucks I mean I do have an emergency stash of pain pills but I fucking hate using opiates to treat my chronic pain issue. The lyrics I take covers 50 percent the gabatin covers the rest. I tried calling 5 pharmacies but they're out.
Gabatin is used as an off label for nerve pain fibromyalgia and anxiety. It's heavily prescribed as alternative for heavy shit. buuuut it's also abused to make the high of other drugs more powerful, specifically stuff like heroin. Basically doctors prescribe like crazy because you have to take an absurd amount to get high, even then it's not addictive.
edit: fun fact viagara is also cleaned out from all pharmacies in my area.

Last edited:

Angry New Ager

Farting for God soon
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate the smugness of the faggots that are now racing around town taking everything that isn't nailed down. These assholes spent the last two months mocking me for trying to get the word out.
Haha, dude, I get to feel smug because I'm not the faggot who is spending their weekend racing around town, fighting crowds at Costco, panic-buying whatever shit is still available at full price, and not being able to get everything they want/need because they hadn't been paying attention.

I get to be home today, with no worries, no stress, and fully stocked with supplies of my choosing that I mostly bought on sale weeks ago. I cleaned out my freezer today, and later this week (probably around Thursday, by which time the stores will be much less busy and have had a chance to re-stock) I will add a few things to it that I don't really need, but would like to have. And I can do that at my leisure; no pressure, no fucking up my weekend by dashing around, buying shit I probably wouldn't normally want to eat, in a panic-driven frenzy.

You can't save people from their own willful ignorance and folly, but you can laugh at them when they go full rētard as a consequence of it. I mean, that's what the Farms is all about, right?

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if already posted, but:

View attachment 1167251

View attachment 1167258

Silver lining, and all that jazz.
I think it's going to get worse before it gets better, so really right now would likely be a good time to short airline stocks. Once the virus actually starts to subside is when you'd want to start buying regularly.

HonsPonzud

A cuck forever for supporting Comicsgate R-e-tARDZ
kiwifarms.net
Is the entire world a bunch of normies that don't fucking read LABORATORY analysis on this virus or what ? I can't believe it, even here in yurop medics and paramedics are just only using surgical masks, no goggles or ear protections, not even gloves, in France Alone around 20 medics got the virus from being fucking clueless, and you cannot tell me it's only happening around here, just look at this shit :

1583024631115.png

That's your Washington Paramedics wearing only surgical masks and loading patients from a senior living center, it's said that 1/4 of them + staff of the senior living center contracted some kind of pneumonia, bet your ass they have the coronavirus...

Do they all think Chinese medics wore full hazmat suits covering almost 95% of their face with goggles and masks barely protruding out of their suit for funzies ?

Is it real ? Is that the way our best of our best educated working classes get ahead of anything and stay up to date ? By just reading a bunch of CDC papers printed in piss ink and not looking at anything for themselves ? (i mean, medical staff, it's not the cheapest and short studies you can go through, right ?) Why the fuck everyone in charge are complete retards ?

Last edited:

Niggaplease

are you dumb stupid or dumb?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it's going to get worse before it gets better, so really right now would likely be a good time to short airline stocks. Once the virus actually starts to subside is when you'd want to start buying regularly.
people are also panic buy shit up and doctors are over prescribing meds pharmacies are running out of essential shit in my area.

MechanicusAdmin

Cheese is just a loaf of miIk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reports Perth Man First Confirmed Coronavirus Death In Australia
d5cf83a2bf438f6578147a156d267b21-899989.jpg
Image: Getty

10 daily staff

Sun 01 Mar 2020 9.03 AM
There are reports a Perth man died in hospital on Sunday in what would be Australia's first coronavirus fatality.
The 78-year-old man was reportedly the state’s only fatal coronavirus case and died in an intensive care unit at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital overnight, The West Australian said.

If confirmed, this would mean the man would be the first Australian to die from the virus.

The news comes after two further cases of coronavirus were confirmed in NSW and Victoria on Sunday.

More to come.

Article

EDIT : Seems it was the Diamond Princess guy

The 78-year-old man is the state’s only fatal coronavirus case and died in an intensive care unit at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital overnight, WA Health officials confirmed.

The man is the first Australian to die from the virus.

The man was one of 164 Australians isolated on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in the Japanese port of Yokohama and had been flown to WA on Friday by the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

The man’s wife also tested positive for COVID-19 but is now in a stable condition.

Last edited:

Rudy Russo

Thats just yellow primer
kiwifarms.net
Going to COSTCO to prepare today lads. What should I get?

ATM I think the 10lb bag of rice, big box of Brita filters, the 25lb bag of all purpose flour, the 10 gallon jug of canola or peanut oil, 5lbs of powdered tard cum (or maybe the shelf stable tard cum if they have it in bulk), 10lbs of beans, 10lbs of butter (you can freeze it), bulk jerky, though not sure how much, a big bag of potatos, onions, and a couple blocks of their big ass cheese.

Don't know if this is enough for 3 people to last 2 months if we need to self quarantine. Thoughts?

Peanut butter. If you want chocolate buy the big bags of chips, normally a bit cheaper than candybars. Aspirin, acetaminophen and any thing else you think might get scarce because of the china supply chain problems. Alot of toilet paper. You dont want to be the guy that died cause he got infected on a run for TP and mocked forever after by friends and family.

Honesty just get alot of what you eat and use normally. It'll be used sooner or later and your spending the same money just up front.

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
niggas my pharmacy ran out of gabatin and my dealers out of weed. Well this sucks I mean I do have an emergency stash of pain pills but I fucking hate using opiates to treat my chronic pain issue. The lyrics I take covers 50 percent the gabatin covers the rest. I tried calling 5 pharmacies but they're out.
Gabatin is used as an off label for nerve pain fibromyalgia and anxiety. It's heavily prescribed as alternative for heavy shit. buuuut it's also abused to make the high of other drugs more powerful, specifically stuff like heroin. Basically doctors prescribe like crazy because you have to take an absurd amount to get high, even then it's not addictive.
edit: fun fact viagara is also cleaned out from all pharmacies in my area.

Fibromyalgia and anxiety are a made-up conditions tho. Just stop running your game for a few weeks, social services or whoever you're worried about will be way too busy with the pandemic to check up on you.

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude I love fast food so much I made sure to hit up my favorite places before the virus hits a couple weeks ago. Because who knows how long it will take this thing to pass. I hope @Otterly isn't right about it taking 18 months.

Fast food places in California like In N' Out are going to be crazy. In N' Out is ALWAYS crowded with people to the point that all the tables get taken up and people eat outside. Bring in some ill people who might be serving food and there'd be a lot of contact with customers.
in-n-out-burger.jpg

That's a regular day and it's usually like that at all times.

PepsiVanilla

kiwifarms.net
The 78-year-old man was reportedly the state’s only fatal coronavirus case and died in an intensive care unit at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital overnight, The West Australian said.

You know, I'd be really interested to find out how many of all the deaths so far were people who are not:
a) over the age of 60
b) already suffering with some pre-existing health condition
c) a currently practicing healthcare professional
ETA: d) resident of China

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I'd be really interested to find out how many of all the deaths so far were people who are not:
a) over the age of 60

I've been wondering that too. I wish more details would be listed. Speaking of details- I haven't found any information on the one man in Long Beach who was hospitalized in January. Los Angeles refuses to publish anything on the man and they keep making it private.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
a) over the age of 60
I don't think we're going to get any reliable numbers on that until after it spreads more outside of China.

remiem

The Lost Temple
kiwifarms.net
a) over the age of 60
I don't think we're going to get any reliable numbers on that until after it spreads more outside of China.

This post from earlier has something about that.