Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

No_one

kiwifarms.net
Looks like South Korea wants to punish the cultists.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51695649?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story
The leaders of a religious sect in South Korea is facing a homicide investigation over some of the country's coronavirus deaths.
The city government of the capital Seoul has asked prosecutors to charge Lee Man-hee, the founder of the Shincheonji Church, and 11 others.
They are accused of hiding the names of some members as officials tried to track patients before the virus spread.
South Korea is battling the worst coronavirus outbreak outside China.
The country has reported 3,730 cases and 21 deaths so far. More than half of all infections involve members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a fringe Christian group.
Authorities say Shincheonji members infected one another in the southern city of Daegu last month, before fanning out around the country.

Also, their leader is being tested for Corona-chan.

EmuWarsVeteran

Lord Kek's Faithful Servant.
kiwifarms.net
That wasnt what I was getting at. 30 top flight bio rooms in a country of 330 million people seems awfully thin. It might be worse because I've seen some sources say the number is 20 (10/6/4 beds respectively) . Like I said, after all this is done with they should up the number some and have more than just three hospitals with them. Seems like a point of failure in the waiting.

Thing is. Ok. I didn't explain myself well enough.

The differences between a regular reverse pressure room and those rooms are as follows:
-these are close to biolabs of at least bsl3.
-they use better individual filters for air and water on top of the hospital's ones.
-their personnel is better trained.
-their doors have keyholes.

So let's go 1 by 1: as for 4, that's not to say hospital rooms don't have them. Just that for these ones its mandatory. Most hospitals use keys to avoid equipment theft anyway. So moot point. Also easy to fix.
When it comes to 1, that honestly doesn't matter that much, so long as the biolab is on the same region it should be fast enough.
2, the filters. Most hospital filters are already more than enough for almost all pathogens, the individual filtration is uber expensive and doesn't add that much more protection, the way the airflow is set already makes most rooms bout as good as they can be for an outbreak. It's much safer to separate the infected by wings and it's cheaper too.
Finally, the army is trained to aid contain outbreaks, at least most modern armies have divisions trained this way. In case of a deadly outbreak it won't be these room's personnel dealing with this shit. It'll be ay medics.

So these rooms AREN'T meant to stop outbreaks. Then what's the point? Simple. They're there for SCIENTIFIC purposes, not Healthcare. They're there for pre-outbreak studies of potentially lethal diseases. If the outbreak erupts their purpose will be to help ensure controlled environments for the sample size used to study the pathogen, not aid in the general effort.

Most countries have some, I know some were used here in spain last time some moroccan disease threatened us, I think it was ebola. But it doesn't matter for this. No country has that many, because they're not really for this purpose. 30 is more than sufficient.

>tfw no government assigned gf
we could've saved her bros
View attachment 1167942

>hot
>nurse
>brave enough to fight the outbreak in fucking wuhan of all places
>has given up on finding a boyfriend without guvernmental intervention

Imma bet either she's such an autist as to have literally 0 social skills or she's such a total unrelenting bitch that no sane man would stay in the same room as her for over quarter an hour.

Also healthcheck: sorry for not sourcing yesterday the friends roped me in using my recovery as an excuse. I'm fairly sure I'm healthy now. My head hurts more than ever and I'm still on antacids but all other symptoms stopped and taking into account what I drank and ate last night I'mma bet its not corona doing this to me. Fucking hell I hadn't partied this hard since last carnaval.

Spain check: after first round of sentry samples cases rise to 74. Of which 72 are foreigners. Fucking kek, healthcare tourism memes keep rolling in. I do bet its probably because most spaniards know better than to go to the hospital with a "cuadro gripal" (flu symptoms) but 1st generation migrants are more jumpy. Hell not even 1 of my contacts, ALL of which exhibited symptoms at least symilar to corona, bothered asking for the sentry sample. So yeah... we really don't give a shit. In fact yesterday they did this questionaire about what is the biggest worry of the population and most of our neighbors said corona meanwhile spain said lack of jobs. PRAISE LORD KEK! Corona really is our waifu, people have just accepted her, fucking lol.

EDIT: news saying right now only 3 of those cases exhibit pneumonia, 0 deaths. All pneumonias are risk groups.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Costco_a419ae_7568992.jpg

Costco_557be0_7568992.jpg

Costco_98a6ef_7568992.jpg

Lol, Diseased Coast resulting in Costco runs.

Botchy Galoop

Socially Distant
kiwifarms.net
Han Bat Shul Lung Tang was one of five restaurants that lost business after being named in posts on a Korean messaging app that warned a Korean Air flight attendant with the virus had dined there during a layover in Los Angeles more than a week ago.

Han Bat Shul Lung Tang
The gods are just laughing at us now. What an unfortunate name for a restaurant.

EmuWarsVeteran

Lord Kek's Faithful Servant.
kiwifarms.net
Costco_a419ae_7568992.jpg

Costco_557be0_7568992.jpg

Costco_98a6ef_7568992.jpg

Lol, Diseased Coast resulting in Costco runs.
You know what just pisses me off? I keep seeing perishables in those carts and the empty shelves photos are almost always of shit that takes mere days to decompose.

Hey fuckheads! Read the god damned expiration date! I'm betting in a few weeks most of the places where panick buyers got everything are gonna have food poisoning outbreaks from all these fucktards microwaving rotten crap.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know what just pisses me off? I keep seeing perishables in those carts and the empty shelves photos are almost always of shit that takes mere days to decompose.

Hey fuckheads! Read the god damned expiration date! I'm betting in a few weeks most of the places where panick buyers got everything are gonna have food poisoning outbreaks from all these fucktards microwaving rotten crap.

I know. It's fucken great.

My own shelves are relatively well stocked with cans of soup, pasta, rice and stuff that doesn't really go off. I'll probably add some water and a few other bits n bobs but I can right now bake my own bread too if I want.

Clones of Alex Jones

Deus Ex Wasn't a Game it Was a Prophecy
kiwifarms.net
>hot
>nurse
>brave enough to fight the outbreak in fucking wuhan of all places
>has given up on finding a boyfriend without guvernmental intervention

Imma bet either she's such an autist as to have literally 0 social skills or she's such a total unrelenting bitch that no sane man would stay in the same room as her for over quarter an hour.
Or it could just be government propaganda.

Kim Jong Un tells officials that they will be dealt with harshly if Coronavirus is not contained kept out of the country:
Kim warns of 'serious consequences' if virus reaches North Korea

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned top party officials of the "serious consequences" of failing to prevent an outbreak of the new coronavirus in the country, state media reported Saturday.

The impoverished nation, with a weak and ill-equipped healthcare system, has closed its borders to prevent the spread of the disease into its territory.

Kim told a meeting of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea that the fight against the virus was a "crucial state affair for the defence of the people" that required maximum discipline, according to the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

"In case the infectious disease spreading beyond control finds its way into our country, it will entail serious consequences," KCNA quoted Kim as saying.

Two senior officials -- party vice-chairmen Ri Man Gon and Pak Thae Dok -- were sacked, and a party unit disbanded for corruption, the report said, indicating that they may have been involved in graft linked with the anti-epidemic measures.

"No special cases must be allowed," he added, and ordered officials to "seal off all the channels and space through which the infectious disease may find its way".

Pyongyang has not reported a single case of COVID-19, which has killed more than 2,800 people and infected over 84,000 people in dozens of countries since it emerged in neighbouring China.

North Korea has banned tourists, suspended international trains and flights and placed hundreds of foreigners in quarantine to prevent an outbreak. It has also reportedly postponed the new school term.

With loudspeakers blaring hygiene messages, ambassadors locked in their compounds, and state media demanding "absolute obedience", North Korea's anti-coronavirus measures have been described as "unprecedented" by diplomats.

South Korea, meanwhile, is battling a major outbreak of the virus with more than 2,300 cases -- the highest number outside mainland China.

Germany's ambassador to the United Nations has said the Security Council would adopt humanitarian exemptions to the sanctions imposed on Pyongyang over its weapons programmes, and allow the export of equipment to help North Korea fight the coronavirus.

But "the problem is that right now the North Koreans closed the borders," Christoph Heusgen said Thursday after a closed-door Security Council meeting about the reclusive state.

The members of the Security Council called on North Korea "to allow this equipment in. So the population can be protected," he added, without elaborating on the type of equipment.

-End of Article-
Come on kim don't nuke Japan. I still haven't visited it yet.

Niggaplease

are you dumb stupid or dumb?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Don't but stuff fresh unless you know how to preserve them. Like literally all the shit that I have about to go bad I've either baked fruits into cakes pies and pastry to freeze or made meals out of to freeze. Basically only 25 percent of what I buy is perishable the rest isn't.

Flaming Carrot

kiwifarms.net
Went to the grocery store this morning, and the only thing that's sold out is the Purell and liquid bleach. Interestingly enough, the store-brand hand sanitizer is all still on the shelf. Has anyone reputable actually come out and said that hand sanitizer is more effective than soap and water?

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Went to the grocery store this morning, and the only thing that's sold out is the Purell and liquid bleach. Interestingly enough, the store-brand hand sanitizer is all still on the shelf. Has anyone reputable actually come out and said that hand sanitizer is more effective than soap and water?
Depends if the hand sanitizer kills it. For instance it doesn't kill c-dif spores, so in the hospital we use soap and water to wash potential spores off. Everything else is sanitizer, however.