Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

kūhaku

from the outside looking in
kiwifarms.net
So not to derail the thread but any good Chinese Zombie films to watch to get into the mood of things or they are disliked over there like ghost movies?
Not sure about chinese ones, but two good plague movies are Containment (2015) and obviously Contagion (2011). I went on a zombie/plague movie watching spree a few weeks ago, honestly couldn't find many good zombie movies from anywhere, just I Am Legend and World War Z. Got some hope that World War Z 2 will be alright but the initial outbreak is always the most interesting part of zombie movies.

CreamyHerman’s

I FUCKING HATE TRUMP, I LOVE BIDEN’S COCK
kiwifarms.net
not a movie but there's a series called Kingdom set during medieval Korea and a zombie outbreak happens, honest pretty good
There's also Train to Busan

Not sure about chinese ones, but two good plague movies are Containment (2015) and obviously Contagion (2011). I went on a zombie/plague movie watching spree a few weeks ago, honestly couldn't find many good zombie movies from anywhere, just I Am Legend and World War Z. Got some hope that World War Z 2 will be alright but the initial outbreak is always the most interesting part of zombie movies.
No Land/Dawn of the Dead?

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So not to derail the thread but any good Chinese Zombie films to watch to get into the mood of things or they are disliked over there like ghost movies?
Hong Kong made Biozombie, it's basically Clerks Of The Dead, two schmucks work at the local bootleg vcd store at the mall dicking around on their saturn and being rude to the customers when they're not running errands for local mob, then zombies happen.

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of the things I hate about modern plague movies is the fact that the "heroes" are largely "brave plucky people trying to escape the evil cordon!" bullshit.

There was one movie, it might have been "The Crazies" or something like that, where the whole movies these people KNEW they were fucking infected and we were supposed to root for them, not for the US military to shoot them in the face and burn them with a flamethrower.

So lots of people will feel like "brave and plucky heroes" trying to break the cordons.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the number one thing everyone fucking forgets doing mass-cal disaster planning when they do a cordon off for some reason. They've got all these plans to keep the cordon barriers up and intact, contingency plans for if any get beyond the Alpha Ring, but then you look at it for a minute and say: "Um, how are you feeding everyone?" and get a blank look while their brain locks up. The problem is, people have fully stocked supermarkets dancing in their heads, modern media doesn't mention anything about feeding the city, and everyone's too concerned about quarantining the plague.

My rule of thumb has always been: "The most obvious problems are the ones that will be ignored" combined with "The greater chance that it involves stupidity, the greater chance it will happen."

Those cities have millions of people. There's video of the highways and roads being torn up. Major metropolitian areas require a steady stream of trains, planes, and semis to stay stocked with food, especially if they're running zero-inventory systems. Scanning stations should have already been set up, moving stuff via the river requires safe-zones at the docks as well as armed guards, helicopters drops again require setup and armed guards (Think WINTEX slick loads), all of that stuff requires stuff being done at the same time as the cordon, including designating the zones.

Well, either way, it's just curiosity on my end. I'm sure a government as sharp as China's should have all that planned out and ready to move since they're the 21st Century super-power.

We'll find out by Monday.

For the music posting:

The Chinese are tearing up highways and roads. What the fuck, this is so far beyond retarded my brain can't even comprehend it.

The LAST thing you would even THINK about doing is tearing up ANY transport infrastructure in this case. Roads/railways just don't lead out of town, they lead into town. They work both ways, for Christ's sake! Gonna need those to facilitate delivery of food/fuel/supplies and possibly outgoing convoys of refugees. Your big trucks aren't built for four-wheeling.

For those interested in military stuff, logistics wins wars. If you cannot supply or maintain a system, or cannot supply troops, you won't win. One example - Bataan and Corregidor at the start of WWII. The US/Philippine Armies there had to surrender not because the Japanese outfought them, but because they couldn't be supplied from outside. The Bataan defenders fought to their last bean, after enduring four months on increasingly paltry rations. At the surrender all the food was gone except for one last issue of a half-ration.

One of the FIRST things you do in planning an operation of any size is to plan out logistics and transportation. What do we need to bring? How do we get it there? What will we need later and how will it get there? How will we get things fixed? Marshal Zhukov said, "One full soldier is worth five hungry ones." Troof dat.

Tearing up roads/raliways/blowing up bridges are defensive measures intended to buy time. The attacker will repair what's been wrecked. But here, there's no attacking force - just sick people and a speading virus. Maybe I've missed something but this is utterly beyond me.

Canada is lost :story:
They're just worse at the press statement PRs than the other countries. They're using all the same lingo, it just looks more dumb when they say it. You really believe that in all of the confirmed cases outside of China, the patient "went directly from the airport to home in a private transportation method, and only had contact with family"? Plus, we already know that you can spread it without symptoms even though they're all still claiming otherwise.

It would be absurd to believe that this isn't in NY already (much less elsewhere). Wuhan has a direct flight to NY, and it has a large Asian population. Same story with SanFran. They had 4 cases under investigation, one was cleared, and the other three... are still "pending"? The test for it only takes a day to run! They should already have results by now. Also I honestly trust Cuomo less than China lmao.

Last edited:

Computer Boy

Digital Immortal
kiwifarms.net
brave_gOAEFV3qBv.png

CreamyHerman’s

I FUCKING HATE TRUMP, I LOVE BIDEN’S COCK
kiwifarms.net
One of the things I hate about modern plague movies is the fact that the "heroes" are largely "brave plucky people trying to escape the evil cordon!" bullshit.

There was one movie, it might have been "The Crazies" or something like that, where the whole movies these people KNEW they were fucking infected and we were supposed to root for them, not for the US military to shoot them in the face and burn them with a flamethrower.

So lots of people will feel like "brave and plucky heroes" trying to break the cordons.
I think a really good plague movie is Doomsday, where all the survivors are cannibals in a Quarantine-stricken scotland

simulated goat

pleasant goat beauty
kiwifarms.net
The Chinese are tearing up highways and roads. What the fuck, this is so far beyond exceptional my brain can't even comprehend it.

The LAST thing you would even THINK about doing is tearing up ANY transport infrastructure in this case. Roads/railways just don't lead out of town, they lead into town. They work both ways, for Christ's sake! Gonna need those to facilitate delivery of food/fuel/supplies and possibly outgoing convoys of refugees. Your big trucks aren't built for four-wheeling.

For those interested in military stuff, logistics wins wars. If you cannot supply or maintain a system, or cannot supply troops, you won't win. One example - Bataan and Corregidor at the start of WWII. The US/Philippine Armies there had to surrender not because the Japanese outfought them, but because they couldn't be supplied from outside. The Bataan defenders fought to their last bean, after enduring four months on increasingly paltry rations. At the surrender all the food was gone except for one last issue of a half-ration.

One of the FIRST things you do in planning an operation of any size is to plan out logistics and transportation. What do we need to bring? How do we get it there? What will we need later and how will it get there? How will we get things fixed? Marshal Zhukov said, "One full soldier is worth five hungry ones." Troof dat.

Tearing up roads/raliways/blowing up bridges are defensive measures intended to buy time. The attacker will repair what's been wrecked. But here, there's no attacking force - just sick people and a speading virus. Maybe I've missed something but this is utterly beyond me.
If people are recovering, why tear out the roads?