Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

la mort

ejaculation is murder
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Found this video on Twitter. A guy from Wuhan denounces the situation in the city right now (English subtitles available)

IMG_20200126_025125.jpg

If someone could confirm the translation it would be great.

TheFloor

kiwifarms.net
If you don't vaccinate, fuck you.
Well then tell that to everybody entering our country whether we want them or not. “If you don’t vaccinate, fuck you.” I have a feeling you only reserve that edgy sentiment for fluent English speaking Americans whom you assume are white.

My main point was our failing immigration system. Measles infections were practically extinct until it was “racist” to complain about it becoming a problem again, because “racist.” Now we have third-world savages boiling bats alive and eating them, getting sick, and now that is suddenly our problem when they come over here? Fuck that shit.

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
Nearly 2000 confirmed cases in the mainland now, with 56 dead.

Really interesting thing is 3 Beijing doctors are confirmed to have it. Two had traveled to Wuhan, but the third got it by sitting next to one of the doctors during a meeting.

WhoTheFuckIsZeroTwo

Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.
kiwifarms.net
I still don't think this is going to amount to anything. Remember Ebola? Remember Zika? Remember bird flu? Remember that zombie deer prion disease?
Nothing happened. Nothing will. It would be nice if this wiped out some Chinese, but this is just the latest in a long string of outbreaks amped up by the media.

Return of the Freaker

Good Luck Eat Chicken At Night
kiwifarms.net
I still don't think this is going to amount to anything. Remember Ebola? Remember Zika? Remember bird flu? Remember that zombie deer prion disease?
Nothing happened. Nothing will. It would be nice if this wiped out some Chinese, but this is just the latest in a long string of outbreaks amped up by the media.
Oh yeah the Chinese are only completely shutting down major cities and tourist destinations in the middle of one of their biggest holiday travel periods and creating barricades on highways. Just a media scare goy!

Grinrow

Monkey
kiwifarms.net
So they barricaded off the city, tore up the roads, and aren't allowing shipping? They didn't stock food and emergency supplies in those cities? They aren't moving food into the cities now?

Seventy-two hour rule, boyos.

In 72 hours they'll be out of food.

That's when the fun will begin.
The "revolution of our time" riots will look like a bar fight compared to the absolute anarchy that's coming. We need a Kiwi in china thats watching this thread to set up a live stream of the city streets and link it so we can all watch the chaos unfolding.

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah the Chinese are only completely shutting down major cities and tourist destinations in the middle of one of their biggest holiday travel periods and creating barricades on highways. Just a media scare goy!

They shut down every single movie theater during the busiest time of the year. Last year the box office during CNY was almost 900mil US. Shit like that really makes me think.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it combines with just one of those viruses and mutates into a more virulent WuFlu then it will amount to something like the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Also prions are avoidable if you cull/don't eat affected critters. It's not a virus/bacteria and transmission occurs only when there's a deliberate (eg Kuru)/accidental (medical or food processing) exchange.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net

It’s China. Historically they’ve overreacted and underreacted to shit. Whether it be dam breaks that wipe out whole cities due to negligence or deciding to kill all the sparrows in the 1950s that led to famine, they tend to handle serious situations in the worst ways possible. I wouldn’t take anything they do to mean anything at this point.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think there is a slight overestimation of the cost of the various lockdown/curfew protocols on the Chinese economy. They traditionally get 2 weeks off at this time of year for the Lunar New Year, and many businesses and factories are either shut down for the holiday or running at reduced capacity until it is over.

So definitely they are taking a hit, but they will have this built-in 2 week grace period to cushion the blow. If come holiday's end, everything is still locked down and consumer spending is still at zero, then there will be hell to pay.

I guess we'll have a better idea of what the clever investors and economists think about it when the financial markets open on Monday.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
a
Part of me hopes this hits China hard enough to break the system, to lead to independent states, hopefully with few power vacuum/warlord scenarios. Completely :optimistic: , but I know people form different regions hate people from other regions in China.
Still, we recognize that at some fundamental level, they're us. It's like saying college footba rivalries will destroy the US.