Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hard to know what to think isn't it; amid all the noise? I believe there are easily 100,000+ infected with this caveat... most of them simply have the sniffles or no symptoms whatsoever. MOST coronas that infect people, (5 of 7 that can infect us), cause COLDS. That's it, that's all... colds.

In the decades I've been following infectious disease, we've had many scares & so far, none have been catastrophic to any nation or region in the long term. Humans interact with each other & their environment & as such, we catch stuff & usually; survive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the infected, no matter if they're sick or not at this stage, is approaching a million individuals. It's an airborne & droplet infection. Unless you want to put every human into Biosafety Level 4 kit, it is impossible to prevent transmission. People are gonna do what people are gonna do & in too many instances, that means find a way to break quarantine for decent or shitty reasons.

Transmission can be slowed but at this stage, get prepared for a long ride. This 1 is going to stick around until a hefty percentage of humanity has been exposed; at least that's my best guess. Sure, they'll eventually come out with a vaccine but it takes time to do that right & I for one am not planning on rolling up my sleeve for a clinical trial of a hastily developed vaccine.

I'm concerned for any person who has pre-existing health issues but unfortunately, that can be said for any novel or significant virus that surges. Those persons are going to be at higher risk regardless. It's unfortunate this has hit during flu season. That is REALLY going to slow identification of some cases in some areas - labs tend to be too busy this time of year without a novel virus creeping people out.

An unintended consequence that will shortly be announced in a great many western regions if I'm betting right - a lot of elective surgeries are going to be cancelled, patients currently in hospital or soon to be hospitalized for... whatever may find they're punted out of hospital sooner than 1 would wish. Anyone who has a loved one to whom that happens, make bloody sure you pin down anything you or other relatives need to watch for at home in terms of signs of infection or other complications. It's ironic that scares like this often take a significant corollary toll that is rarely measured. It's nevertheless a deeply meaningful consequence for far too many families.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
1580005743159.png

Canada is fuuuuucked

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
I think there is a slight overestimation of the cost of the various lockdown/curfew protocols on the Chinese economy. They traditionally get 2 weeks off at this time of year for the Lunar New Year, and many businesses and factories are either shut down for the holiday or running at reduced capacity until it is over.

So definitely they are taking a hit, but they will have this built-in 2 week grace period to cushion the blow. If come holiday's end, everything is still locked down and consumer spending is still at zero, then there will be hell to pay.

I guess we'll have a better idea of what the clever investors and economists think about it when the financial markets open on Monday.
What about revenues for businesses that service Lunar New Year's travellers, like various transportation companies? Those are definitely fucked.

who dare wins?

doee Geneva convention apply to weebs an furfags?
kiwifarms.net
The video:

Turn on subtitles.

View attachment 1115535
Saw this on the mister metokur stream today. Honestly I never trusted the "official" numbers from get go considering now 15 whole fucking cities in a 200 mile radius and now the cities highway system and tunnels are getting boarded up. Is this truly turbo happening Ron Paul?

Lol N95 masks are fucking useless anyway. also Canada fired "Chinese spies" in their bio labs a few months back. Just saying to get the brain jogging

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What about revenues for businesses that service Lunar New Year's travellers, like various transportation companies? Those are definitely fucked.
It's an acceptable loss in the grand scheme of things. The one figure they are really worried about with this disease is the Chinese domestic consumer spending. Over the past decade, the consumer spending has slowly started to edge out foreign exports as the most important driving factor for their GDP growth. It's still not as big as exports, but big enough that it will be very painful for their national economy to have to shut down all the shops and stores and commerce for an extended period of time. Maybe 10 or 15 years ago, they could have stomached it, but now it would be very worrisome for the health of their economy.

CreamyHerman’s

I FUCKING HATE TRUMP, I LOVE BIDEN’S COCK
kiwifarms.net
I still don't think this is going to amount to anything. Remember Ebola? Remember Zika? Remember bird flu? Remember that zombie deer prion disease?
Nothing happened. Nothing will. It would be nice if this wiped out some Chinese, but this is just the latest in a long string of outbreaks amped up by the media.
So why did the Chinese tried to hide the trouble for a month, then are Quarantining 30 to 50 million Chinese?

Computer Boy

Digital Immortal
kiwifarms.net
Hard to know what to think isn't it; amid all the noise? I believe there are easily 100,000+ infected with this caveat... most of them simply have the sniffles or no symptoms whatsoever. MOST coronas that infect people, (5 of 7 that can infect us), cause COLDS. That's it, that's all... colds.

In the decades I've been following infectious disease, we've had many scares & so far, none have been catastrophic to any nation or region in the long term. Humans interact with each other & their environment & as such, we catch stuff & usually; survive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the infected, no matter if they're sick or not at this stage, is approaching a million individuals. It's an airborne & droplet infection. Unless you want to put every human into Biosafety Level 4 kit, it is impossible to prevent transmission. People are gonna do what people are gonna do & in too many instances, that means find a way to break quarantine for decent or shitty reasons.

Transmission can be slowed but at this stage, get prepared for a long ride. This 1 is going to stick around until a hefty percentage of humanity has been exposed; at least that's my best guess. Sure, they'll eventually come out with a vaccine but it takes time to do that right & I for one am not planning on rolling up my sleeve for a clinical trial of a hastily developed vaccine.

I'm concerned for any person who has pre-existing health issues but unfortunately, that can be said for any novel or significant virus that surges. Those persons are going to be at higher risk regardless. It's unfortunate this has hit during flu season. That is REALLY going to slow identification of some cases in some areas - labs tend to be too busy this time of year without a novel virus creeping people out.

An unintended consequence that will shortly be announced in a great many western regions if I'm betting right - a lot of elective surgeries are going to be cancelled, patients currently in hospital or soon to be hospitalized for... whatever may find they're punted out of hospital sooner than 1 would wish. Anyone who has a loved one to whom that happens, make bloody sure you pin down anything you or other relatives need to watch for at home in terms of signs of infection or other complications. It's ironic that scares like this often take a significant corollary toll that is rarely measured. It's nevertheless a deeply meaningful consequence for far too many families.
Why should I believe an anonymous user on a neko shota forum?

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, except the circumstances are different this time. Instead of Ebola killing off all the Blacks it infected and Zika just disappearing after a while, this shit is spreading, China is going fucking haywire, infected Chinese are intentionally spreading this shit, and we have no idea what it is or fully does.

Worst case scenario, the apocalypse. Best case, we're all losing a fair bit of our grandparents. RIP, abuella.

Also, the Chinese economy will no doubt be effected by this for a time, which effects the global economy at large.

the immediate impact to the Chinese economy hasn’t begun to broadly manifest yet. Wuhan is one of the main transportation nexuses in China. It’s like Chicago or Atlanta in the US. The point through which the majority of the planes, trains and highways converge. It’s shutdown. Which means a huge portion of the National manufacturing economy can’t get to the ports. Raw materials can’t get to the factories. Food and energy supplies cannot move from supplier to destinations. So grocery stores in other parts of China are not getting their restocks. Chinese Transportation infrastructure is mostly laid out in a hub and spoke manner. And Wuhan is one of the biggest hubs.

Now add unexpected knock on effects from this. For example there are already concerns regarding North Korea’s fall harvest. They are likely looking at domestic food shortages. Pretty much all outside food comes in by rail from China. With a major blockage in China’s transportation arteries, even local provinces close to North Korea are not going to be willing to ship food to North Jorea when they are unsure of their own ability to replenish it. The Chinese provinces are going to horde what they have until things die down. The Norks May be looking at “the people’s glorious weight loss program of dear leader!”

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, I'm a little sorry for the folks at Wuhan right now. It's the new year for them, straight up the first day of 2020, and this Uber-Virus comes out of nowhere and causes so much chaos the whole government is going into conniptions just to quarantine everything. Imagine that shit happening to us folks in the West. It's pretty damn spooky.

ZXO

Mista Thug Isolation
kiwifarms.net
Also, that shit won't protect. Great leader Josh suggest P100 or P3.

I think in most the most severely effected areas those would be mandatory. An N95 or equally rated mask is reasonable and, fortunately so far, not immediately necessary. Not to discourage anyone - please prepare as you see fit. Worst case you'll have something for a later date.

Imagine hating old people and young people because of their politics to the point of wishing them dead. Social justice is the kind of pure evil that only an ideologue is capable of.

She has absolutely no reason to feel the way she does. Her family are decent people from my knowledge and she's making it in an expensive city.

Agent Abe Caprine

Defends the dignity of the retarded
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of zombies, China has a mythological creature called the jiangshi. It is sometimes called a hopping zombie, sometimes a hopping vampires. Imagine a zombie apocalypse where the infected can't stop hopping around like bunnies.

The world would die of laughter before the little hoppers got anyone.