Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters
not sure how autistic this is but fuck it. actual arrival time will prob be much quicker bc I'm reasonably close to a warehouse.
1580007739476.png

Pina Colada

An eggscellent bunnybot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This, the frequent flu viruses on campus, and my job are all good reasons why I'm constantly washing my hands, especially during the winter. I'm not too worried right now given that there are very few Asians attending my uni, but that could change since my state is majority Hispanic with legals and illegals. Doesn't help that SJW loonies will weaponize the latter as "muh racism" fodder against people spreading facts and logic (the horror!) about the coronavirus.

Might as well buy water bottle packs, medicine, maybe some masks, a 6-pack of Corona Lights and enjoy the social media shitshow.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, I'm a little sorry for the folks at Wuhan right now. It's the new year for them, straight up the first day of 2020, and this Uber-Virus comes out of nowhere and causes so much chaos the whole government is going into conniptions just to quarantine everything. Imagine that shit happening to us folks in the West. It's pretty damn spooky.

Dunno, the Year of the Rat is usually like that.

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
God bless, that's what having our own forum is for.

I've been thinking, while I am sympathetic to the redditors and tweeters who are saying "calm down, don't panic, the numbers show that's there's nothing to worry about" ... I feel that they are missing the point. Yes, people are listening to unreliable gossip and rumours - because unlike the official Party line, it actually has the chance being correct. If anybody should blamed for allowing bullshit to spread, it should be them. Additionally, it feels like these arguments have political undertone to them, with leftists taking the "this is fine" side and rightist taking the doomer side, so I would advise taking a massive gain of salt when reading those comments.
It's an acceptable loss in the grand scheme of things. The one figure they are really worried about with this disease is the Chinese domestic consumer spending. Over the past decade, the consumer spending has slowly started to edge out foreign exports as the most important driving factor for their GDP growth. It's still not as big as exports, but big enough that it will be very painful for their national economy to have to shut down all the shops and stores and commerce for an extended period of time. Maybe 10 or 15 years ago, they could have stomached it, but now it would be very worrisome for the health of their economy.
I have impression that China's economic growth is still very much driven by investment spending.

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Archived.

another wuhan nurse freaking out
Archived.

The video:

Turn on subtitles.

View attachment 1115535

videos 2 and 3 have subs embedded into them. Download them to use them if your browser won't display them.

Remember, archive everything. China wants to save face. And Silicon Valley doesn't want to upset President Pooh and loose their profits. So they're willing to DFE to make shit look not so bad. So Archive everything.

Null has space for this shit. Use the attach button. MKV isn't good, but webm and mp4 work fine.

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
if anyone wants further proof that https://www.reddit.com/r/Sino/ is almost entirely Chinese gvmt, it's definitely full-horrorcow rn.
(warning: look, don't post. you'll be banned immediately lol)

for those who would just like a quick taste:
View attachment 1115610

to state the obv, it's a virus... you can't cure it.
I think Jimbo mentioned this in his Stream, but the cure is using a Ventilation Machine to breathe for you. Not going to work in the long run.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In that road checkpoint video, why are they holding the thermometers so close to the various people's foreheads? I thought the whole point of non-contact thermometers is that you can get a good reading from like a meter away. That's how I use them anyway, for measuring the temperature of things that are normally hard to reach without a ladder.

ln18

kiwifarms.net
In that road checkpoint video, why are they holding the thermometers so close to the various people's foreheads? I thought the whole point of non-contact thermometers is that you can get a good reading from like a meter away. That's how I use them anyway, for measuring the temperature of things that are normally hard to reach without a ladder.

Could be a temporal thermometer, that you hold to the forehead and trace the temporal artery.

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
INB4 the virus mutates and starts melting people Crysis 2 style
Image result for Crysis 2 virus

Attachments

• 1580009710887.jpeg
    1580009710887.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 51