Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
1580010168677.png

1580010337784.png

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They have been treating the infected in China with HIV antiviral medications and others

Uhhh, when people were calling it super AIDS, it was in a joking manner.

Edit: Tweet archived.
【科学家发现#30种可能对新型肺炎有治疗作用的药物#】中国科学院上海药物研究所和上海科技大学免疫化学研究所抗2019-nCoV病毒感染联合应急攻关团队发现了30种可能对2019-nCoV有治疗作用的药物、活性天然产物和中药。候选药物包括蛋白酶抑制剂茚地那韦、沙奎那韦、洛匹那韦、卡非佐米、利托那韦等12种抗HIV药物,2种抗呼吸道合胞病毒药物,1种抗人巨噬病毒药物,1种抗精神分裂症药物,1种免疫抑制剂以及2种其他类药物。科学家发现一批可能对新型肺炎有治疗作用的老药和中药
Screenshot from 2020-01-25 20.51.56.png

Attachments

• a716fd45ly1gb92hbkoudj20m40o1mym.jpg
    a716fd45ly1gb92hbkoudj20m40o1mym.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 76
  • a716fd45ly1gb92hbnuftj20m40pv0ue.jpg
    a716fd45ly1gb92hbnuftj20m40pv0ue.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 67
  • a716fd45ly1gb92hbjzjwj20m40q1gn6.jpg
    a716fd45ly1gb92hbjzjwj20m40q1gn6.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 74
  • a716fd45ly1gb92hbmfy4j20m40oe0uf.jpg
    a716fd45ly1gb92hbmfy4j20m40oe0uf.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

plgfarts

"Dirty, bearded men in a room."
kiwifarms.net

Disgruntled Pupper

Thuuder only happens wlen its raisinl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I admit I'm getting nervous because I have a shit respiratory system. Last year's flu did a number on me, but this year's was not bad and I thought I finally caught a break. But nope, China has to come in with it's bat-snake blood pneumonia flu, so just fuck me. Plus I'm only ~3 hour from one of the cities with a confirmed US case, so I'm probably a dead pupper walking.

Mr. Skeltal

Bone Poet
kiwifarms.net
In this day and age, I'll probably never know if this guy is joking or legit
We live in a post-Poe's Law world.

I admit I'm getting nervous because I have a shit respiratory system. Last year's flu did a number on me, but this year's was not bad and I thought I finally caught a break. But nope, China has to come in with it's bat-snake blood pneumonia flu, so just fuck me. Plus I'm only ~3 hour from one of the cities with a confirmed US case, so I'm probably a dead pupper walking.

I know how you feel, though I'm much further away from any confirmed cases of the Wu Flu. The 2017-2018 H3N2 flu epidemic nailed me damn hard, I got pleurisy in addition to severe flu symptoms. If you've never had pleurisy, I pray that you never develop the condition.

Essentially what happens is you cough and sneeze so often and with such force that you inflame the outer lining of your lungs and inner lining of your thoracic cavity. It is extremely painful and impairs regular breathing.

Last edited:

Menotaur

kiwifarms.net
Well, we know for certain the figures are very much under reported not for any nonsense reason, and we don't need to find odd sources, but instead look at the obvious.

The city of Wuhan has 11 Million people and has a number of hospitals. These hospitals have the ability to service thousands. In addition to this, portable services have been brought into the city and yet they see a need to build an entire new hospital for the sick? And all these hospitals are over-whelmed and bursting as per multiple reports.

1,300 cases can overload the hospitals of a city of 11,000,000? No way.

And who suffers the worst? I'll tell you...Ubereat drivers. With Chinese food sales in the USA crashing it is they who suffer. And think of all the Jewish families that rely on home-delivered Chinese Food?! Say a prayer for them.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, I'm a little sorry for the folks at Wuhan right now. It's the new year for them, straight up the first day of 2020, and this Uber-Virus comes out of nowhere and causes so much chaos the whole government is going into conniptions just to quarantine everything. Imagine that shit happening to us folks in the West. It's pretty damn spooky.
It didn't come out of nowhere, it came from their bioweapons lab or from skinning/boiling/eating animals still alive that are known to harbor disease. If we were eating prairie dogs/bobcats/coyotes/tarantulas and rabies infected bat sashimi, didn't wash our hands and relied on Navajo medical cures because we hate doctors while driving all over the US to escape the CDC we'd be facing the same.

That said I do feel for them considering their situation. We have pockets of hicks that enjoy roadkill (who've gotten variant CJD from infected squirrel brains), people who eat snakes/crocs/possums and you only have to look at LA/SF to find dirty disgusting hobos who don't wash and throw buckets of liquid poo around. Also the US has deliberately infected/experimented on its population because they could so it's possible. The CCP takes mindless authoritarianism to a degree rarely seen in the West though (except in the USSR).

Fatrick Hamlinson

Fat Pat Tomlinson - Sorry, That Was Redundant.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I checked the map again today, and found the image below.

A few more airports are screening, but plenty of airports in (eastern) China are still open.

Purple squares = screening
Orange squares = restricted
Red squares = shut down completely

Attachments

• arcgis_online_coronavirus_airports_jan25.jpg
    arcgis_online_coronavirus_airports_jan25.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 106
  • madagascar_youre_not_yourself_when_youre_hungry.jpg
    madagascar_youre_not_yourself_when_youre_hungry.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 81

Abyssal Bulwark

It’s just over your left shoulder. . . .
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I know it's Reddit we're talking about, BUT 90,000?!

Jesus H. Christ, it's even worse than I thought.

People saying it's a nothing burger, but shit, I dunno guys... This might get nasty REAL soon.
"Nothing burger" does not translate into millions of people being quarantined, roads being blocked off, and several major cities in China being shut down.

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
That said I do feel for them considering their situation. We have pockets of hicks that enjoy roadkill (who've gotten variant CJD from infected squirrel brains), people who eat snakes/crocs/possums and you only have to look at LA/SF to find dirty disgusting hobos who don't wash and throw buckets of liquid poo around. Also the US has deliberately infected/experimented on its population because they could so it's possible. The CCP takes mindless authoritarianism to a degree rarely seen in the West though (except in the USSR).
Don't forget raw water folks.

dopy

King Neptune's Chosen People
kiwifarms.net
1,300 cases can overload the hospitals of a city of 11,000,000? No way.
who knows what capacity chinese hospitals are at on average during flu season anyway.
90k sounds very high but it's def more than 2k for sure. assuming ~3% fatality rate, expect lots of bodies regardless.
and for as much as history teaches us, it also has been the historical case for the chinese administrations to completely botch mass public actions/responses like this on massive scale (mao's reign alone is mention enough, not to mention ... nearly everyone before him).
many such cases. sad!

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
She's not in college, she just lives in a liberal city.

View attachment 1115669

So, this is Houston and SF confirmed.

The saga continues...

(I dodged a Goddamn bullet)
Jesus, it's spread even further?

This is both incredible and horrifying. Guess China's Bioweapons Division really put their effort into this one.

This song really puts my thoughts on the whole matter into perspective. We haven't even gotten past the first month of 2020 and shit like this is happening. Absolute lunacy.